Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

@Yuui

And the funny thing is: we already know Saet Byul is different from Yeon Joo. So who does she need to convince? Manager Bae?

:kicks:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

uaaaaaa soompi forum is finally working  thank you for the call @Jillia ep 11 and 12 are so enjoyable, DH jealousy is so funny, I can't  huhu 4 ep left, my excitement and anxiety rolled into

Final thoughts on Backstreet Rookie:   After watching the final 2 episodes yesterday and sleeping a night over it, I have to say I'm actually pleased with the outcome of the drama. I even li

SBS/Lifetime Channel Drama ★ Backstreet Rookie ★ Network: SBS / Lifetime Channel Other title: Convenience Store Saet Byul Genre: drama, romcom Episodes: 16 Airdat

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

And the funny thing is: we already know Saet Byul is different from Yeon Joo. So who does she need to convince? Manager Bae?

Could this be Manager Bea's future wife?

• LOL 4
8 minutes ago, Yuui said:

Could this be Manager Bea's future wife?

Poor boy needs to get his own happy ending in his soap opera.

:loolz:

• LOL 4
24 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Poor boy needs to get his own happy ending in his soap opera.

and it might have a quick resolve in a few minutes. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Yuui said:

and it might have a quick resolve in a few minutes. :D

If not we'll just do this to PDnim:

1596539165.gif

Source: DCGall

• LOL 4

This is a recent BTS photo.

vpdeMTM.jpg

What do think when looking at this photo? I think they caught Dae-Hyun and Saet-Byul kissing each other inside the convenience store. ^_^

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

@Jillia I wouldn't mind something more like this Jet li GIF on GIFER - by Cehuginn :sweat_smile:

12 minutes ago, Tuvi Girl said:

This is a recent BTS photo.

What do think when looking at this photo? I think they caught Dae-Hyun and Saet-Byul kissing each other inside the convenience store. ^_^

We can hope that it is a "Saet Byul and Dae Hyun sitting in a tree K I S S I N G" moment :shaq:

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

@Tuvi Girl

kkk PDnim explaining Geum Bi and Dalsik how and where to look. :lol: I actually hope they spot Saet Byul and Dae Hyun kissing.

:bashful:

@Yuui

Yes, PLEASE! I demand our 30 minute kiss. Pretty please!

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 3

Can you guys share with me the link to order the OST album? I see that there will be a photo booklet coming with the CD and would love to order one.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, thoattm said:

Can you guys share with me the link to order the OST album? I see that there will be a photo booklet coming with the CD and would love to order one.

I usually would order it on GMarket.

But YesAsia also offers the OST. :)

https://www.yesasia.com/global/backstreet-rookie-ost-sbs-tv-drama/1094433501-0-0-0-en/info.html

• Like 5

I just found out from the youtube comments, many males from my countries who never watched korean drama before and never wanted to, catching BR ads in youtube that made them curious, then voila... get addicted. There’re hundreds comments like that

Sure it’s also part of KYJ charms. they even installed iqiyi and became vip. 
I think BR is a perfect choice for a neutral viewer, who only watch a drama to get entertained, and not interested to watch something cringe and unrealistic... 

It feels good to see that kind of comments tho... :cutekitty:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

@Ale _ida

I think it's just like that YT video @Jilliaposted with BR review. The Korean guy fell for KYJ and keeps smiling watching her especially the famous controversial kiss.  If women are finding Yooj beautiful and lovely, I'm sure all guys watching kdrama will think so too.

It's weird that KYJ has not been praised for her action scene by Knetz. It's her first time doing it and her kicks are really good. I don't think I have read any articles about it. When she did the dance in LITM, she got a lot of praises by Knetz.

32 minutes ago, Jillia said:

And their little secret language... "Grape" stands for???

We will find out from them what it means. I want Friday to come soon but then feels sad that it will be the end of BR. I just wish that the 2 episodes left will be full of them just like ep 11 & 12. They need to give us that because they are finally together. 

Looks like Yooj went to Jeju. Hope she has a good rest.  She will soon promote her new film. I'm not ready to see JCW doing another drama with KJW that soon.

• Like 6

Hello,

This is a fast moving forum and sorry I have not been able to read (all the comments).

I finally caught up with the most recent episodes last night from the weekend.

-SB glad she took DH advice and did her twist to do it her way. I was upset she let those bullies beat her up (then later you saw a very concerned DH). But you know she did it to get the bullies off her sister first. Later when the guys did their martial arts battle (awww Wong Fei Hong music). she did well and that the female bully leader's fall and cronies openly gave her cell phone with the problematic files/pics. 

-Good job for going to the entertainment reporter and then later Ji Wook talking to that reporter to clear SB and her sis name. Glad she decided to report on the truth. Glad to see that SB did it her way and better to have to continue to have blackmailing and that EB company realized the fake mom was suspicious. (It was a matter of time they would figure it out.)

-DH being sweet pretending to not know the flower language (if he remembers she wants to be a florist he is sweet and thoughtful he DEF would have figured out their meaning--I mean internet search hello doesn't take that long.)  So his wishing her good luck and being reluctant to have her leave the store to study with mom dragging her out was cute.  Later when he gave her the flowers and admitted he knew the meeting--I was like OMO OMO!  He has that look in his eyes and moving towards her...

(Puppy knew she did not look that way to him). She said couple shirt to DH getting the work shirt how JW did say to SB but she insisted it was a uniform. Convenient excuses if the other person is NOT your person of interest. At least he helped clear SB and EB's name and his and now he is gone for now (will we see him later) as he is going away for work to Hollywood (was it?)

The ex HJ wanting DH back, I mean hello you effectively killed anything he felt for you. You finding out belatedly of his sacrifice and working for HQ  is NOT a recipe to get him back. I agree the mom being suspicious and trying to curry favor.  Too little too late. NO matter how much you try to turn things back it is NOT going to work.

Awwww I like how DH loves the store and was honest with SB about it and not wanting to be at HQ to sacrifice this store.

Love DH mom and big heart. Her taking in EB and SB and being a parent figure/guardian. Her making food and just being so caring.

Dad side story meeting "rose" and gettng his debt repaid with interest. So they were friends in the past and he did not want his wife to meet "rose" . hmmm. Interesting.

Gosh finale weekend for this drama and my other fave . Gosh what will I watch now. Hmm.

Edit: OMG I forgot to complain I had the bad hair wig that JCW has to wear as DH when he saves a very young SB from injury at the DOJO. Cute she remembers him and fell in love THEN not later on as we tought when she was in High School.

It was bittersweet how he told her he remembered her DAD after reading the article clearing her and EB names. The confession he learned martial arts from her dad and he got beaten up by his mom for avoiding school and going for lessons. (Poor SB thinking he remembered saving her but instead talking about his mom.)

Also the side story of the LEECH sis taking goods and MONEY (asking for cash after lying that the credit card services were not working. Dang her hubby flies is a pilot. Not sure of her job, still even if you reap benefits, that is NOT right and with SB there ---not nice of the sister still.

@Jillia Thanks for the kind post. I hope i can watch the last 2 episodes in a timely manner.

Edited by Nodame
  • Like 6

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the episodes, @Nodame! :D Maybe you're able to join for the last two episodes on Friday and Saturday!

@Ming Lim

Maybe "Grapes" stand for kiss. But yes we will definitely find out.

:bashful:

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
6 hours ago, Ale _ida said:

I just found out from the youtube comments, many males from my countries who never watched korean drama before and never wanted to, catching BR ads in youtube that made them curious, then voila... get addicted. There’re hundreds comments like that

Sure it’s also part of KYJ charms. they even installed iqiyi and became vip. 
I think BR is a perfect choice for a neutral viewer, who only watch a drama to get entertained, and not interested to watch something cringe and unrealistic... 

It feels good to see that kind of comments tho... :cutekitty:

I was watching repeats on One and my husband watched along. He found it unique and funny, even DS moments. When he saw YJ as DH’s girlfriend, he said why this girl and not SB cos KYJ is prettier! Lol. He even went to search for Crazy Crazy OST.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Ming Lim said:

@Ale _ida

I think it's just like that YT video @Jilliaposted with BR review. The Korean guy fell for KYJ and keeps smiling watching her especially the famous controversial kiss.  If women are finding Yooj beautiful and lovely, I'm sure all guys watching kdrama will think so too.

It's weird that KYJ has not been praised for her action scene by Knetz. It's her first time doing it and her kicks are really good. I don't think I have read any articles about it. When she did the dance in LITM, she got a lot of praises by Knetz.

We will find out from them what it means. I want Friday to come soon but then feels sad that it will be the end of BR. I just wish that the 2 episodes left will be full of them just like ep 11 & 12. They need to give us that because they are finally together. 

Looks like Yooj went to Jeju. Hope she has a good rest.  She will soon promote her new film. I'm not ready to see JCW doing another drama with KJW that soon.

I hope the handler of KYJ will make her more visible, (strike while the iron is hot) hope before the year end she'll do another drama such a waste if they limit her project she is very very good actress.

As for JCW , i hope he gets to work with SHIN Hye Sun .

• Like 6
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이