Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

@ailanthus @Yuui

What do you mean by enlist? :lol: You mean military service? That's for the men out in South Korea. Or am I missing something here?

@Yuui

He is looking so GOOD! Can you believe Yeon Joo broke up with him. He is acting like a dork but he is sweet and caring and HOT! :P

:tenor:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

55 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

It's always like that with dramas. We all know it's coming to an end sooner or later but we're still not getting used to that fact because we want to stay in the world. :D Ji Chang Wook fans are lucky since his next project has already been announced. With Kim Yoo Jung it can take a bit longer but hopefully not too long!

Honestly I hope jcw can take a rest for a while cause he’s been busy like forever... but as long as he’s happy we’re happy too :Pandabulous:

I’m gonna watch every next kyj project for sure :love:  

I love how their style in BR is so common like normal people, even the rich one. So they promote clothes that can be bought by most people. 

I found that cdh is more handsome than other previous jcw character maybe because it gives natural handsome man next door vibe or it is just me being bias LoL

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

@Ale _ida

Yeah the only thing is even though Saet Byul and Dae Hyun aren't rich, they still wear expensive clothes. HOWEVER it's not unnormally expensive and like you said they look like normal people. They even wear the same stuff again which is nice. We don't have 365 different outfits for 365 days. :lol:

Then I can hope to see you in future drama threads with Kim Yoo Jung as well? YAY! I will look out for JCW drama as well. BR was my first drama with him.

:cutekitty:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@Jillia yes you're right, I mean military service but it's just a joke because she has drama every two years :lol:

@Yuui hahhaha and she can be a ninja anytime

47 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

He is looking so GOOD! Can you believe Yeon Joo broke up with him. He is acting like a dork but he is sweet and caring and HOT! :P

It's YJ loss and they are not meant-to-be :lol:

love their hugs

993BD4425F26FBCB01

9904273B5F283B0835

9990E73D5F28441C18

cr @starnight_3

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

@ailanthus @Yuui

OMG! You're right! It's true...she could enlist everytime.

:loolz:

I love all their hugs! I also loved when Saet Byul was telling Dae Hyun to scold her later and to hug her first. And he doesn't even argue but just hugs her.

5de19eaee20c3ecc7a21025c6f9915b8.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Ale _ida

Yeah the only thing is even though Saet Byul and Dae Hyun aren't rich, they still wear expensive clothes. HOWEVER it's not unnormally expensive and like you said they look like normal people. They even wear the same stuff again which is nice. We don't have 365 different outfits for 365 days. :lol:

Then I can hope to see you in future drama threads with Kim Yoo Jung as well? YAY! I will look out for JCW drama as well. BR was my first drama with him.

Yups, it seems like everyone has so many clothes (and coats) in kdrama but when they have to pack, it’s just one bag. I was like, tell me how you do your luggage please

BR is the first kdrama that I remember they use the same clothes from time to time. I like the detail.

As BR is my first ongoing drama, I could say this is a fun experience, especially with you guys, but it drains me as well for having to wait for the next eps every week

:sweats:

Gonna lurk on the thread every time kyj has a new project, I know i’m gonna find you guys there :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

@Ale _ida

They own magical suitcases which have no limits. They can fit in everything in there without a problem.

But it would've been even nicer we could've watched the drama live on iQIYI until the end. :lol: But they were like "Nope it's too popular!". LMAO

But it's definitely a lot of fun and not over yet!

:hwaiting:

• Like 4

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/08/04/iqiyi-international-app-adds-k-content-thus-promoting-global-appeal/

An article about iQIYI investment including BR as iQIYI original.

All of the unnecessary backlash against BR make me think that there’s a business motive behind it. I mean, BR is a new start for many entertainment business like iqiyi (netflix competitor), as well as lifetime and a+e. :sweatingbullets: I think I read too much of conspiracy theories, or watching too much political drama

• Like 4

@Ale _ida

I think South Korea knows they need to make use of the popularity of music groups like BTS and movies like Parasite. (like stated in the article) It's very important to pick up a new Hallyu wave so to speak.

And I think BR was a pretty successful start for them. :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@ailanthus @Yuui

What do you mean by enlist? :lol: You mean military service? That's for the men out in South Korea. Or am I missing something here?

@Yuui

@ailanthus Women can be required to enlist, but it isn't mandatory. It wouldn't surprise me if Kim Yoo Jung volunteers for the life experience. :joy: That is the kind of person she is. 

To be honest I think Yeon Joo is too wrapped up in social standing and sophisticated appearance for a relationship to work out.  

@Yuui hahhaha and she can be a ninja anytime

It's YJ loss and they are not meant-to-be :lol:

love their hugs

cr @starnight_3

Yep, I would love for her to appear as a villain, after all they often only appear at the end. :joy: 

I love all their hugs! I also loved when Saet Byul was telling Dae Hyun to scold her later and to hug her first. And he doesn't even argue but just hugs her.

I want more hugs, they are nice and I love that their is no awkwardness when they hug. Which makes me really look forward to those kisses :highonflowers:

32 minutes ago, Ale _ida said:

Yups, it seems like everyone has so many clothes (and coats) in kdrama but when they have to pack, it’s just one bag. I was like, tell me how you do your luggage pleas

BR is the first kdrama that I remember they use the same clothes from time to time. I like the detail.

As BR is my first ongoing drama, I could say this is a fun experience, especially with you guys, but it drains me as well for having to wait for the next eps every week

Gonna lurk on the thread every time kyj has a new project, I know i’m gonna find you guys there :wub:

In historic dramas I can understand it, but when it comes to morden drama it is a bit strange. Okay you don't use the same clothes a whole week, but you have clothes that you use often. BR are doing a lot that is "normal" and not "in drama land" that is how it is, it is one of the things I really love. :fullofhearts:  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@ailanthus Thanks for the hug gifs,  

After that hug SB gave him to thank him for the desk,  he already knew  how special she is to him.  He was shocked at first but then, he wanted to hug her again.  Afterwards, there is no need to argue or push her away.  I also like it when SB asked him to hug her before scolding her (different from the norm).  I think it's rare in Kdrama, that a girl asked a guy to hug her like that.  Usually  the guy will hug the girl when she is either crying or sad.

At times, I'm wondering whether DH knew that SB truly likes him from the beginning.  He heard it from her friends but I feel that he didn't take it seriously.  I know he wanted to draw a line between them but he never really rejected her while he was still in relationship.  It's hard to read DH because we do not know his thoughts. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

16 minutes ago, Ale _ida said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joanmacdonald/2020/08/04/iqiyi-international-app-adds-k-content-thus-promoting-global-appeal/

An article about iQIYI investment including BR as iQIYI original.

All of the unnecessary backlash against BR make me think that there’s a business motive behind it. I mean, BR is a new start for many entertainment business like iqiyi (netflix competitor), as well as lifetime and a+e. :sweatingbullets: I think I read too much of conspiracy theories, or watching too much political drama

You make me think the same. Some business competition and politic can be very dirty. Hahaha

• Like 5

@Yuui @Ming Lim

I love their hugs! They're so natural and Saet Byul is hugging Dae Hyun back. I remember those dramas, and they still exist today, in which the female elad would just stand their awkwardly, not returning it.

As for whether Dae Hyun knows Saet Byul likes him from the beginning. I actually hope we get a similar speech from Saet Byul in the beginning of episode 15 as we got from Dae Hyun. It would be nice to have her voice her feelings openly now. Especially now she knows Dae Hyun feels the same.

:bashful:

But it's true it's hard to know what Dae Hyun thinks. But I think he knows he means a lot to Saet Byul. She told him that by saying that she feels grateful that he is taking care of her and letting her stay at his home.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@Jillia that moment! in ep 13 and 14 they are not officially couple but already looking like a couple, my heart:wub: even I also love their bickering :lol:

@Ale _ida I previously said I haven't watched another JCW's drama except healer but I forgot that my first drama of JCW was bachelor's vegetable store and remember I had fun when watched it, hope to see you again in another drama thread :D

@Yuui hahaha I wouldn't be surprised either. Yooj as a villain? I'd love it

@Ming Lim :loveu: DH is still a mystery :lol: and it makes me want 1 special episode about DH point of view and DH-SB moments after became a couple (without any interruption) :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@ailanthus

They're talking like a couple, solve their conflicts like a couple, have their own language like a couple, enjoy the same jokes like couple. They ARE a couple for sure!

694724362ee5e0609a32e7030371a7c9e20345c0

Source: DCGall, credit as labeled

:Pandabulous:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

@ailanthus

THANKS A LOT you really are the gifs-almighty

Really love how BR brings the hugs back to a drama. All of the hugs are meaningful, warm, and reaall... love it so much huhuhuuuu.... 

Still have hope for kiss cause how they wrapped the relationship in BR seems unexpectedly natural and that’s how it should be. PD nim writer nim, please don’t dissapoint us. But I won’t be surprised if they first kiss gonna be clumsy or inexperienced. It’s Dae Hyun not Chang Wook lol

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@Jillia

I like it when she said she is doing an inspection and also when she sanitizes him again flu virus and ex girlfriend virus (cute and funny).

Another scene I like is the hide and seek they had in the convenience store  and SB grandma voice telling him why she became the part timer and when she tells him she is leaving.  Yooj is just lovely and adorable in that scene.

We did get great moments of Daebyul but somehow, it feels like it's not enough.  WE  become greedy and want more of their scene.

• Love 5

@Ming Lim

I also enjoy their playfulness which makes the romantic tension between even more exciting to be honest. I like playful couples. :D Just like Dok Mi and Enrique in "Flower Boy Next Door". They were also playful but also addressed their conflicts.

The hide and seek game between Saet Byul and Dae Hyun is really the cutest.

:omg:

• Like 5