Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

55 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I'm not ashamed to say I've been watching the almost kissing scenes way too much. They're really building up the anticipation. This is ridiculous! The drama should be called "Convenience Store Jane Austen".

I'm off to bed now! Not sure if I can even sleep.

I have been watching only Daebyul couple scenes and BTS to relieve my disappointment over no kiss

• Like 7

-Writer wastes many chances to build up the loveline of DH and SB. In ep 13, when SB goes alone to fight with "traffic light" girl, Dae Hyun just stays at the store trying to call her and cannot do anything. REALLY? 

There are plenty of things for Dae Hyun to do. He should have find Geum Bi or anyone to know where SB can go. He should run and find everywhere and worry a lot. Dae Hyun used to run everywhere searching for Yeon Joo just to say sorry!!! And now his love is in danger and he just stays and calls her? 

Why not let Dae Hyun goes with Saet Byul to the fight? This way they can make the fighting scene different from the old one. Dae Hyun can play humor part in the fight. And it would be a nice scene for our OTP when Dae Hyun sees SB fight for real! 

What makes me stress from BR is the constant "what if" feeling: this scene could be and should be much better! 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ming Lim said:

@cherkell

Do you understand korean as I see you watch this drama on SBS site?  You seems to know a lot of what's going  with KCSC and this drama.  I do hope we will get a DVD since the drama is popular overseas.  

One thing I want to know for end of year award, do they reward actors/actress based on the popularity of the show (ratings and number of viewers) or it is solely based on their performance?  Who get to vote for it?  There is a tough competition at the end of year award for SBS and there are quite a few SBS drama ahead of BR in ratings and viewership.  Even King of Eternal Monarch and Good casting are ahead of BR.  

I really wish both JCW and KYJ win an SBS award for their performance  but there are Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Lee Sung Kyung, Kim Hye Soo competing with them.  I don't want them to get the consolation price like Best Couple Award.  I think SBS only give one award for Best Couple not like KBS.  

I only started studying Korean in 2014.  I know enough to be dangerous, but I'm not fully fluent like I am in Japanese and French.  My reading comprehension is better than my listening comprehension, so I've been turning on the Korean subs during the broadcasts.  Unfortunately, they flash on and off so fast that I can only paraphrase the spoken lines during a live-cap.

I've also set up bots to scrape any news items where Wook is mentioned online so I can keep up on the gossip in case there's something substantial to add to The Kitchen.  I also subscribe to several Korean TV and film entertainment newsletters which discuss issues such as the ratings, the 2049s, whether or not a production studio is profitable, actors' salaries, if crew members are being paid properly, and all kinds of other behind-scenes items.  (There's a LOT of information out there, but you need to sift through a lot of junk first.)  I had a teeny bit of involvement with the "Healer" Director's Cut and learned quickly where to find information on potential sales demographics, artwork and other items that would add value to the proposal made to the production companies and KBS in order to get a boxset released.

You hit the nail on the head about the SBS EOY award show since there's some big competition against BSR.  The SBS awards are voted on by various SBS personnel such as corporate toadies and other in-house production company employees.  There is one actor award (the Excellence Daesang) that is voted on by all Big 3 Networks, but I'm not sure that is even a thing anymore since I haven't watched an award show since "Healer" won all its prizes.   But the awards are not merely based on ratings; performances, audience approval and CF profitability are also taken into consideration.   IMHO, I don't think it's proper for any drama also broadcast via Netflix to use those demographics to assist in its consideration for a terresterial EOY award.  It's kinda like stacking the deck merely because the production was able to negotiate such a sweetheart deal with an outside network.  More eyes = more money.

BSR will get their usual nominations, but it's going to be a long-shot for Wook and Yoo-jung (and the show in general) to win something with all the KCSC crap swirling about.  We still have yet to fully learn what sort of penalities will be assessed against the show.  And because of the KCSC action, I doubt the Korean audience will be in favour about any possible DVD release because of all the negativity.  Hope that someone proves me wrong!  *fingers crossed*

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I gotta say I love how Dae Hyun reacts when Saet Byul is trying to kiss him. He is like "But not here!". :lol: He is acting like usually the female lead would. I love it!

Also, does this suggest they kissed prior to this already? Or is Saet Byul just eager to finally kiss him?

:bashful:

• Like 7

Breaking News!

JCW actually comes to work for real at a GS25 convenience store today. Check this out.

ycYp6u8.jpg

jeoAmHb.jpg

I think GS25 invited him to work at the store for promotion purpose. That’s quite interesting. 

• Like 5

@Tuvi Girl

There is  something missing.....where is Yoojung? He needs Saetbyul there to boost sales....:smile:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

JCW actually expressed in a recent article with a Taiwan media that he wants to work at a convenience store for real. Maybe that’s why GS25 decided to invite him to work at their convenience store because they knew that he would be happy to accept the offer. :lol:

Yeah, if KYJ is there with him, it would be perfect! :wub:

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Tuvi Girl said:

JCW actually expressed in a recent article with a Taiwan media that he wants to work at a convenience store for real. Maybe that’s why GS25 decided to invite him to work at their convenience store because they knew that he would be happy to accept the offer. 

Yeah, if KYJ is there with him, it would be perfect! 

He did say that they both have been fully trained on how to operate a GS25 store and he will know how to work in the real store.  With this hairstyle, he doesn't look like it's Daehyun....lol.

• LOL 6

@Tuvi Girl @Ming Lim

It would be actually a smart move to have them both work together at a real convenience store right before the finale of the drama .

:wow1:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Pinkdaisie46 said:

@Jillia  and wearing couple T

YES! :D But I guess something like that won't ever happen. *sigh* But good thing is: only 5 more days until episode 15.

:cutekitty:

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Tuvi Girl @Ming Lim

It would be actually a smart move to have them both work together at a real convenience store right before the finale of the drama .

really wish so...

but I think today’s event wasn’t specially to promote the drama or GS25. There is no news prior the event and it circulates more on online community.

Aahhh @Tuvi Girl i also remember that wookie said that he wants to try to work at the convenience store for real.

It just happened that GS25 gladly granted his wish after the shooting is over lol

Edited by Ale _ida
  • Like 4

@Ale _ida

Yeah I think it was more of a promotional thing by JCW's agency. Which is fine and makes sense since he was/is ina drama which is mostly filmed in a GS25 convenience store. :D

• Like 4

On 8/1/2020 at 8:29 PM, Jillia said:

Love though he pushes her away. I know it's attempt to save her but he could've fallen down and she on top of him. And he was like "NOPE!".

lmao that's exactly what i thought

finally I've watched full ep 14, even tho I love SB-DH scene and some other scene but I got the after feeling like watched ep 5 haha anyway still looking forward till the end

and my SB-DH's mom ship :tears: please writer-nim don't break my heart

On 8/1/2020 at 11:56 PM, Jillia said:

Me when Saet Byul asked if Dae Hyun knows about the true meaning of the tulips and he is like "Netherlands... Tulips stand for Netherlands!":

when watched that scene I was like what am I watching rn? is it BR or a quiz/game show? :lol:

m.jpg

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-2.gif

okay I will pick number three when do exam

• LOL 5

@ailanthus

LMAO So true! It was so like in MDBC... The answer is always 3 when in doubt. :P So we had a Ji Chang Wook movie in the episodes and a Kim Yoo Jung drama.

:loolz:

I don't think we have to worry about Saet Byul-Dae Hyun's mom ship. I think DH mom will come around. When she finds out her son and Saet Byul are dating... she will come around. She loves Saet Byul!

:fullofhearts:

And as for the kiss, let's hold onto this one:

1596371122b79fda3b0461e580.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@ailanthus

LMAO So true! It was so like in MDBC... The answer is always 3 when in doubt. :P So we had a Ji Chang Wook movie in the episodes and a Kim Yoo Jung drama.

I don't think we have to worry about Saet Byul-Dae Hyun's mom ship. I think DH mom will come around. When she finds out her son and Saet Byul are dating... she will come around. She loves Saet Byul!

when DH said pick number three then I can't help to remember MDBC hahaha

yes because she loves SB and did DH mom know that DH-YJ already break up? because I don't remember if DH already told her mom or there was scene showed that she know DH-YJ break up

Spoiler

@paengbo is IG account name of the BR writernim? if it's true then the writer-nim is a female isn't it? I'm just curious

I will until we get the real kiss, hope the PD-nim will give us a proper kiss with beautifully editing that give us great pleasure and satisfaction to see :lol:

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@ailanthus

I would be nice though to get a real kiss with out the comedic suction part Cursed GIFs | Tenor 

• LOL 5

@Yuui and it would be nice to get a real kiss without annoying camera shots, angles and movements like the shot is so far away because I want to feel like this when I get the real kiss

imageproxy-32.gif

not this one :

imageproxy-3.gif

• LOL 7

4 minutes ago, ailanthus said:

@Yuui and it would be nice to get a real kiss without annoying camera shots, angles and movements like the shot is so far away because I want to feel like this when I get the real kiss

not this one :

or the too dark to see equals discovered by em༄°✧。❀* on We Heart It

• LOL 4

@ailanthus @Yuui

Oi! PDnim and the writer owe us the best, the hottest and longest kiss in this drama. If we get only one kiss it better be long. And even if we get more than one kiss, those better be long as well.

9abe9089b2d5d042533a58e7b95eb38d.gif

I want to see it ALL!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2