Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

DH mom doesn't really act out of character in my opinion. She still act kind of distanced and cold around YJ up until now, we cannot take the preview into consideration as we are not sure what is going on. Her attitude to YJ and YJ mom is very similar to how DH towards YJ after the break up, all formal.

As for her telling DH to let go of the store while working at the HQ, she is acting like how a mother would. She wanted her son to have a good job with bright future and don't wish her son overwork himself, sacrificing his health.

I think in the next episode, it will be YJ who manipulate her for example she might act pitiful, asking DH mother to get him back because their break up is all only because misunderstanding. DH mom might helped her thinking that DH might still like her and YJ on the outside has almost all the requirements from education, appearance and background. But, I bet if she was asked to choose between SB and YJ, she will choose SB, moreover when she know that DH likes SB.

She never have the thought to compare and choose between SB and YJ because it had not occur to her.

@Jillia I also think / wish that production team will throw away all of their constraint and go 'crazy crazy' as it is already the end.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cherkell said:

And as much as we'd like to see one, because of the sanctions imposed, BSR is probably barred from any extension of the show or releasing it via DVD.  Le sigh.

Why couldn’t they release the show via DVD?  All they need to do is to change the parental guidance from 15+ to 19+ on the DVD’s label to satisfy those 7000 people who feel disgusted by it.  :lol:

For those viewers who seek erotic drama to watch, they would buy DVD of Backstreet Rookie due to its rating of 19+ . Then they would get mad after watching it because there’s nothing like what they imagined. :joy: 

After watching episode 14, I kinda understand why the introduction of character Dal-Sik in episode 1 was depicted like that. They just want to tell us a big transformation of an adult webtoon author in later episode when he has met the muse of his life. How he creates his webtoon now is very different from the past. :P

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

36 minutes ago, Yuui said:

Oh yes, and women can be a lot vicious with the psychological play. 

I am looking forward to the take down of Yeon Joo, I am hoping that Dae Hyun will do the dismantling and give her a piece of the truth. She probably will only listen to Dae Hyun.

and @vaelya

I just wish for Yeon Joo to be exposed. How she told Manager Bae to get rid off Saet Byul is terrible. She is willing to ruin the reputation of the store built by Saet Byul and Dae Hyun, so she can get Dae Hyun back. From the beginning I said she considers Dae Hyun as a object, as something she owns and can use for her own benefit.

And it's time for it to stop!

And I agree @vaelya it's definitely not right to judge Dae Hyun's mom by the preview. And I definitely believe . She saw him constantly working in the store to the point he ended up in the hospital and which mother wouldn't become weak to the idea of her son having a office job with 9 to 5 hours (or in South Korea 9 to whenever the boss leaves for home :lol: )?

And I also think her love for Saet Byul is bigger than Yeon Joo might think. Saet Byul also appreciates Dae Hyun's mom treatment while Yeon Joo doesn't look happy when she is kissing her on the forehead.  I feel like a lot of things will happen in the next 2 episodes and I feel like many other would need at least one more episode to wrap it up nicely. :D

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

and @vaelya

I just wish for Yeon Joo to be exposed. How she told Manager Bae to get rid off Saet Byul is terrible. She is willing to ruin the reputation of the store built by Saet Byul and Dae Hyun, so she can get Dae Hyun back. From the beginning I said she considers Dae Hyun as a object, as something she owns and can use for her own benefit.

And it's time for it to stop!

I am thinking that Saet Byul and Manager Bae will work out, and Bae will become a shipper of Saet Byul and Dae Hyun. :D Anime Evil Laugh GIFs | Tenor I am getting the feeling that Bae is a bit of a fan of Saet Byul. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

40 minutes ago, Yuui said:

am thinking that Saet Byul and Manager Bae will work out, and Bae will become a shipper of Saet Byul and Dae Hyun. :D

That was my feelings too as I could see this twist coming. While seeing her working in the store he most see how  valuable employe SB is and can  not follow JY demand :D 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@Yuui @sal2

I actually would like to see that happening. Manager Bae going against what he has been told to do. Even though he was painted as someone who wants to climb the career ladder. It would be a nice twists if he wouldn't end up being part of the evil gang, namely Yeon Joo and Seung Joon. :D

• Like 6

@sal2 @Jillia And we can't forget that he is a drama buff, he made up his episode version of the Dae Hyun - Yeon Joo - Saet Byul love triangle. :Dg3hh4C8.gif  Also the way he reacted when Saet Byul told him off just showed us that he can't contain Saet Byul. :fun:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2

@Yuui

He is not so secretly shipping Daebyul! OMG!

:loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@Jillia and he doesn't seem to be the biggest fan of Yeon Joo and Seung Joon. Thumbs Up Good Job GIF - ThumbsUp GoodJob Okay - Discover & Share ...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

So flashback was still from SB when DH finds out about SB dad.  During the confession, he only mentions 3yrs ago and doesn't know that he met her when she was 12yrs old. I'm hoping that SB will finally reveal to him that she has liked him for 10yrs as DH was too drunk to recall it.

So far, Manager Bae hasn't been able to refute SB whenever at the restaurant or during the filming of GS25. I think SB will handle him like she did with DH sister. 

I just hope that the last 2 episodes will have more on Daebyul just like episodes 11&12. I don't want to see wasted screentime of the side characters. 

• Like 6

@Yuui @Ming Lim

I also don't think we have to worry about Manager Bae. In the end everything about her own past is out and she is just took the GED which will give her the opportunity to do what she likes to do. :D So I think the whole thing with Manager Bae won't last very long, hopefully. We only got 2 more episodes left and have no time for it. I want things to resolve and for Yeon Joo to be exposed. Dae Hyun scolded her for talking to his mother when he already gave her an answer.

I think Yeon Joo won't get away with her schemes. And maybe Seung Joon will be like "Hey, Yeon Joo, what about the kiss we shared?". :lol:

• Like 5

I think they might end it with DH telling SB that he is resigning and go back to the Convenience store to be with his special person.  DH already said that the convenience store is more important than being an advisor.  So the business dinner with YJ might be the last scene together.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

@Ming Lim

The final goodbye hopefully. :)

On another note:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Ming Lim said:

I think they might end it with DH telling SB that he is resigning and go back to the Convenience store to be with his special person.  DH already said that the convenience store is more important than being an advisor.  So the business dinner with YJ might be the last scene together.

I would like that a lot. :wub:

What Do You Think About The Person Above V2 4880 Forums Bright ... What if we get Yeon Joo - Mangaer Bae couple. :Megalol:I so would love to see that. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

Manager Bae won't be able to do anything to SB. He will be one of the bullies she bring back to right path hahahaha....

• LOL 4
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Tuvi Girl said:

Why couldn’t they release the show via DVD?  All they need to do is to change the parental guidance from 15+ to 19+ on the DVD’s label to satisfy those 7000 people who feel disgusted by it.  :lol:

For those viewers who seek erotic drama to watch, they would buy DVD of Backstreet Rookie due to its rating of 19+ . Then they would get mad after watching it because there’s nothing like what they imagined. :joy: 

A DVD release is considered a "rebroadcast/retransmission" under Korean broadcasting rules.  If the legal sanctions hold, the episodes in question could not be included in any video release, no matter the format.  Or since those episodes would be so badly edited, it would be fruitless to include them in any video format.  Many minutes of behind-scenes footage could not be included either.  The VODs on offer through the SBS website have more holes than Swiss cheese with all the alleged "indecent" scenes cut out of the first 2 episodes.  (I have yet to check the other releases to see if a hatchet job has been done on them as well.)

I do see that there are many requests for a DVD release out on the Interwebs.  If somehow SBS and Taewon Productions ever prevail on any appeal and get the sanctions reduced, then maybe we will have some serious movement towards a Director's Cut boxset.  I would definitely be IN if that happens!

giphy.gif

• Like 9

I have always this dream idea that if they could sell the license to Netflix, they could air the episodes in some sort of Director's Cut. Longer episodes with more scenes. With all the "naughty" scenes a 19+ drama requires.

:tenor:

• Like 5

@cherkell

Do you understand korean as I see you watch this drama on SBS site?  You seems to know a lot of what's going  with KCSC and this drama.  I do hope we will get a DVD since the drama is popular overseas.  

One thing I want to know for end of year award, do they reward actors/actress based on the popularity of the show (ratings and number of viewers) or it is solely based on their performance?  Who get to vote for it?  There is a tough competition at the end of year award for SBS and there are quite a few SBS drama ahead of BR in ratings and viewership.  Even King of Eternal Monarch and Good casting are ahead of BR.  

I really wish both JCW and KYJ win an SBS award for their performance  but there are Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Lee Sung Kyung, Kim Hye Soo competing with them.  I don't want them to get the consolation price like Best Couple Award.  I think SBS only give one award for Best Couple not like KBS.  

• Like 6

I'm not ashamed to say I've been watching the almost kissing scenes way too much. They're really building up the anticipation. This is ridiculous! The drama should be called "Convenience Store Jane Austen".

I'm off to bed now! Not sure if I can even sleep.

:omg:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5