Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

I was scrolling to see the signal that was agreed, but didnt see it. So watched the episode and oh man all the feels, SB crying made me cry a river.

From crying to laughing then crying and all the giddiness. What a rollercoaster. Still didnt see any kissing, but that's ok, I think I've accepted the fact that we may not see it until the last episode (but hoping for tomorrow maybe). 

I'm glad at least DH 'zoned' YJ out :D and let her know. Can't wait to see what'll happen next. Off to rewatching the episode. Thanks all for the recaps. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

26 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

But only because Dae Hyun quit the job "for her". *sigh* And I loved the moment actually because he thought the same when she said that. Like you're here because of that old story and he told her so. I liked that a lot.

Dae Hyun was more worried that Saet Byul heard his conversation with Yeon Joo.

Basically everything in this episode was about Saet Byul which I loved. Conflicts were finished, so we have a clear path for Saet Byul and Dae Hyun. The only one in the way is Yeon Joo.

I really like that too.. I can't get over how much Dae Hyun and Saet Byul act like they are in a relationship :issohappy:The only thing left to confirm it is some hands-on touchy feely moments. I am just afraid that we won't even get a kiss at the passe they are going at. 

13 minutes ago, Ming Lim said:

@Jillia @Yuui

Did DH remember SB when she was a kid?  I'm not too sure as the camera focus on SB when they show the flashback of DH saving little SB and back to SB again before focusing on DH.

Wow, DH asking YJ to leave as he needs to switch with SB and doesn't want her to get the wrong idea.  What a change in DH?  No more Yeonju-ssi.  

The problem is that Dae Hyun is unconsciously seeing himself as in a relationship with Saet Byul. While Saet Byul now that they are and that Dae Hyun has yet to realise it. :Megalol:

• Like 3
  • Love 3

51 minutes ago, Ming Lim said:

@Jillia @Yuui

Did DH remember SB when she was a kid?  I'm not too sure as the camera focus on SB when they show the flashback of DH saving little SB and back to SB again before focusing on DH.

Wow, DH asking YJ to leave as he needs to switch with SB and doesn't want her to get the wrong idea.  What a change in DH?  No more Yeonju-ssi.  

and @Yuui

I thought so as well. When he read that article about Saet Byul's dad... He remembered him. Are we really going to resolve all that now? 3 episodes before the ending?

But I love that he listened to Saet Byul. She told him not to become submissive all the time. And he didn't with Yeon Joo. So she resorted to her own dirty little methods.

Did you notice how that terrible cheesy music started when Yeon Joo hugged Dae Hyun. OMG! I had to laugh so hard. The love is over.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Jillia said:

and @Yuui

I thought so as well. When he read that article about Saet Byul's dad... He must remember him, right? Are we really going to resolve all that now? 3 episodes before the ending?

But I love that he listened to Saet Byul. She told him not to become submissive all the time. And he didn't with Yeon Joo. So she resorted to her own dirty little methods.

Did you notice how that terrible cheesy music started when Yeon Joo hugged Dae Hyun. OMG! I had to laugh so hard. The love is over.

and @Ming Lim The subversion or making fun of all the romantic tropes is one of the things BR excel at. :wub:

I find it interesting that Dae Hyun when together with Yeon Joo really didn't want to puch Saet Byul away. And afterwards he felt guilt over not doing it. But now he is putting down his foot, even though he and Saet Byul aren't together, technically. He even worries about Saet Byul misunderstanding what he and Yeon Joo were talking about. 

Edited by Yuui
spelling, what is up with auto-spelling on the phone.
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1

@Jillia

I was more annoyed by YJ that I didn't listen to the music....lol.

DH is so cute when he had Dalsik singing to test if SB could have heard his conversation with YJ.  He even said "I can't soundproof the walls of the store or anything".  DH, don't you realise that you are already in love with SB by the way you are acting.....lol.  I laugh at that scene.  

• LOL 8

23 minutes ago, Fandomized Q said:

@Yuui @Jillia true. YJ's character really over staying at this point. I hope SB wouldn't go down the noble idiot route again and fights back. I'm rooting for that.

Also who edits these previews? I have words (and may be fits) 

Someone who hates us is editing those previews. I hate them.  :lol:

I think Yeon Joo is also trying to manipulate Saet Byul again... like she did in the hospital. Then Saet Byul followed her advice but I don't think and hope she will do the same now. I hope the preview wants us to make believe Yeon Joo is successful again. But let's pray that's not the case.

:poledance:

21 minutes ago, B8lle said:

I was scrolling to see the signal that was agreed, but didnt see it. So watched the episode and oh man all the feels, SB crying made me cry a river.

From crying to laughing then crying and all the giddiness. What a rollercoaster. Still didnt see any kissing, but that's ok, I think I've accepted the fact that we may not see it until the last episode (but hoping for tomorrow maybe). 

I'm glad at least DH 'zoned' YJ out :D and let her know. Can't wait to see what'll happen next. Off to rewatching the episode. Thanks all for the recaps. 

Me at the writer and PDnim for not giving us the kissing scene we deserve:

tenor.gif

But then they gave us the most amazing Saet Byul scenes which made me cry and I'm here for it. :D

6 minutes ago, Yuui said:

and @Ming Lim The subversion or making fun of all the romantic tropes is one of the things BR excel at. But I find it interesting that Dae Hyun when together with Yeon Joo really didn't want to push Saet Byul away. And after words he felt guilt over not doing it. But now he is putting down his foot, even though he and Saet Byul and he aren't together, technically. He even worries about Saet Byul misunderstanding what he and Yeon Joo were talking about. 

and @Ming Lim

I like your observation a lot. When he was with Yeon Joo he was on one hand eager to tell Yeon Joo nothing is going on between him and Saet Byul, even though he helped her and wanted to be her friend at one point. But here Dae Hyun is drawing a definite line between him and Yeon Joo. And like you said, he and Saet Byul are not involved in a relationship at all put it almost feels like it because they care so much for eachother.

The only thing missing: the kiss. :lol:

On another note: I really adored the scene with Dae Hyun's mom, Eun Byul and Saet Byul. How she told Saet Byul she is gonna make sure she won't make the same mistake again...

:criesariver:

Dae Hyun mom, I love you! Even though you interrupted the kiss.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, B8lle said:

I put in spoiler that there was no kiss and only DH buying red tulips for  SB.  .

I need to watch ep 13 again.

• Like 6

I haven't had the chance to rewatch just yet, but I yelped LOUD when I heard George Lam singing "Nan Er Dang" during the fight scene with the Traffic Light Losers!  I loves me some old-timey Cantopop!  

BIG TIME SPOILER!

Spoiler

OMO OMO OMO!  Jung Appa lost his life saving Puppy?!?  So that's why Puppy said he owes Appa by protecting Saet-byul and Eun-byul?  HOLY SPOILER OF SPOILERS.

• Like 6

I think what I like the most about Saet Byul and Dae Hyun, they have such a playfulness when they're together and then it really hits harder when playfulness turns into tension. I love that a lot! And I like how much they work as a couple for me.

1596219704.gif

Source: DCGall

But I will hate it when Dae Hyun will bring another wordplay when Saet Byul is ready for the kiss. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I think ep 13 was a nice episode. little family drama, romantic moment and some growth for our SB. Lol, SB and DH is a couple without even putting any name on it yet. :P  oh dear what is JY thinking. I guess from what she says she feel guilty for what happened. but really she is just too late and clearly DH is done with her and do not care anymore about the past. I hope and do think if JY those anything to push SB away from DH he gonna explode by her action. I do not think he gonna stay still if anyone mess with his girl. :D  Do not hesitate anymore DH and confess your feelings to SB. Maybe JY action only gonna make DH more sure about what he is feeling for SB. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I think what I like the most about Saet Byul and Dae Hyun, they have such a playfulness when they're together and then it really hits harder when playfulness turns into tension. I love that a lot! And I like how much they work as a couple for me.

Source: DCGall

But I will hate it when Dae Hyun will bring another wordplay when Saet Byul is ready for the kiss. :lol:

We need to see the BTS of this scene and how will JCW and KYJ react afterwards.  In real life, they are so playful together and yet they are able to pull off those tension moments.  I  really wonder how KYJ and JCW are able to handle each other cuteness, beauty and handsomeness everyday during filming.  With just one scene, they are able to make us feel giddy and excited.  

DH will may be have another wordplay or flick her head since she already closed her eyes (that's if PDmin really want to tease us again).

• LOL 5

47 minutes ago, Ming Lim said:

We need to see the BTS of this scene and how will JCW and KYJ react afterwards.  In real life, they are so playful together and yet they are able to pull off those tension moments.  I  really wonder how KYJ and JCW are able to handle each other cuteness, beauty and handsomeness everyday during filming.  With just one scene, they are able to make us feel giddy and excited.  

DH will may be have another wordplay or flick her head since she already closed her eyes (that's if PDmin really want to tease us again).

I vote for... FLICK AND THEN KISS.  FLICK AND KISS. :wub:

FINALLY Saet-byeol does something about Dae-hyun's deadbeat sister!!  Knetz have been screaming about that since the show started!  YOU ROCK, SAET-BYEOL!!!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

Loved this episode.  Got to say that they're handling the story between Daehyun and Saetbyul very well. The seeds were planted there from the beginning but thanks to Yeonjoo's character they were never allowed to really flourish til now. Saetbyul has always been in love with Daehyun & I think he's always felt attracted to her but never acted on it because of his toxic relationship with Yeonjoo. Although his feelings for SB obviously grew without him realizing it. Now here we are. I believe where their relationship is now, I was worried at first but I'm not anymore.

Speaking of YJ I knew that low life woman would be back to cause problems, it's  just the type of woman she is. It's not even about her loving him because she obviously doesn't. It's about control and ownership. She can't stand that he's not begging at her feet anymore and that he obviously has feelings for someone that she sees way beneath her. TRASH. 

Loved how many times DH put her in her place this ep though. Can't wait until he gives it to YJ one last time and makes her feel as worthless as she is.

Ps. pre the preview it seems that for some reason she pushes him and he gets injured which will probably result in him ending up at the hospital later. Watch her blame SB for that though, that witch never accepts responsibility for anything.

When Backstreet Rookie wants to go deep theysure know how to do it. All the Saetbyul vs bully stuff put me in a rollercoaster of emotion. SIGH. Luckily the reporter repented and published the true story and my girl got to kick some butt. 

I felt for Puppy, he was bound to get hurt but he knew the score. But I guess when you're in love it doesn't matter if the other person loves you or not, you just want to win them over. In his case it didn't work :(. I hope we see him end up with Eunbyul in the end. He deserves happiness just like her sister does.

Sigh the ending FOILED! I've been waiting for their kiss since forever. I hope it's not til the end but I won't hold my breath. LOL

Also I need SB to slap or beat YJ up just once, please.

• Like 7

[Ratings] “Backstreet Rookie” 31 July 2020 / Episode 13 (Part 1/Part 2):

Nielsen Korea: 5.7%/7.4% National; 5.7%/7.5% Seoul*

TNmS:  NR/6.2% National

*#1 for its timeslot

*#1 for Friday mini-series

*Highest viewer rating per minute of 8.5%

*2049 rating was 3.9%

Still decent numbers for a Friday broadcast at least.  대박! Red tulips for everyone!  *swoon*

EeS0QpXUwAACIO2?format=png&name=small

• Like 6

Can't get over the epi 

Can't get over the BTS 

I have never seen a couple acting an official couple unofficially 

I really loved this approach of SB DH relationship 

There is no need of any cheesy 

Confession 

It's clear as a day 

And I love it how both accepted it deep down they are together 

This is so beautiful 

Thanks a ton to the writer and director and of course our JCW and the KYJ 

I dont think I would be able to watch this show even with half the interest if not for this pairing 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Rickroll'D 1

Backstreetrookie Episode 13 Ratings

Nationwide 5.7 7.4
Seoul 5.7 7.5

It's sad that the ratings are lower than expected and I think it's  because viewers are waiting for the love story and are still not getting it.  Even in Seoul, it went down quite a bit.  This episode  is really good and it's a bummer that Knetz just dropped this drama.

@Tuvi Girl

Now let's see what Soompi will write about the ratings of BR.  

• Like 6

I keep rewatching the episode and I just have to say, the scene where the mom was pulling SB away was funny, their reactions was so cute, I thought I was watching some other drama :lol:.

I actually liked the episode (but then again I like every one of them :D). I especially like the part when DH would give SB hugs. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, B8lle said:

I keep rewatching the episode and I just have to say, the scene where the mom was pulling SB away was funny, their reactions was so cute, I thought I was watching some other drama 

I actually liked the episode (but then again I like every one of them . I especially like the part when DH would give SB hugs. 

I just finish rewatching this episode again and I learned new things that I missed earlier.  So it's said that the girls mother died and his dad raised the two girls by himself.  So may be Jangmi is a side story for DH's parents.  

Now I have a feeling that the kiss will happen on the rooftop.  It's a hiding place and a special place for SB and her sister which DH didn't know.  We now see that  he brought her there.  It looks like he has set up something special.  He said he missed her and has something to tell her HERE. It's a perfect place WITHOUT ANY INTERRUPTION.  

• Like 5

episode 13 was like the most unofficial official couple ever like they're so cute AAAA. i didnt mind if there wasn't a kiss in eps 13 as their chemistry and cuteness was shining at last night's eps. i just hope that eps 14 wont be budged by YJ tho

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ming Lim said:

Now I have a feeling that the kiss will happen on the rooftop.  It's a hiding place and a special place for SB and her sister which DH didn't know.  We now see that  he brought her there.  It looks like he has set up something special.  He said he missed her and has something to tell her HERE. It's a perfect place WITHOUT ANY INTERRUPTION.  

hopefully but I'm staying low key because I don't want to be a clown again haha

EeRynopWkAA6217?format=jpg&name=medium

this scene was so extra, I can't :lol: and the original soundtrack used by SBS for this scene is different with iQIYI, SBS used queen song and it's so much better lmao

anyway without kiss, ep 13 is so good,such an emotional ride

and how many BR episode and what is the meaning of red tulip was trending on naver :D

BR viewers :

img.gif

cr as labeled

EeQsTNcUEAU6JR7?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 7