Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

@iheartkyj

I don't think she will kiss Dae Hyun. I think she wants their next kiss to be initiated by both of them.

:cutekitty:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@iheartkyj

I don't think she will kiss Dae Hyun. I think she wants their next kiss to be initiated by both of them.

But it really did look like she was going for the kiss. I am incredulous actually, thinking to myself "how can you do this SB?" and then she stopped thank GOD :)

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@iheartkyj

Aaaaa I cannot wait... giving how natural their interaction, I really wish that the romance part won’t be cringe like the usual romance drama. 

I feel like the first part of the drama told us a lot about SB, then the next part more about DH, now starting eps 11, it’s their story together. They did great on family/friends part, so I have a high hopes for the love part :fullofhearts:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I'm curious tho, what is your 2nd most favorite episode? We all agree that episode 10 is by far the best episode right? I'm looking for the 2nd one :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@ailanthus @Yuui

I told you. The writer is switching through genres like other people switch their pair of shoes every day. :lol: But yeah, they trolled us. Promoting it as a fun romcom which will leave us happy after every episode. I'm either enraged or crying my tears out (YES I'm looking at you kitchen scene with Dae Hyun mom and dad). But I still like it and it's not too bad. I mean sometimes it feels like a different drama but simply because I think the writer does better when it's just a romance with sad moments in it.

@ailanthus @Yuui @Ale _ida

I'm mostly staying away from negative comments. Especially when I notice that the people who write them obviously watch a completely different drama than we do.

I think criticism is fine and I have a lot I don't like but I think the drama deserves a lot of credit and some people just refuse to give it because they hate the first episode. And I'm not here for that kind of discussion.

I have to say though... I thought it was funny that she was happy that Dae Hyun and Yeon Joo broke up. But... then we get Saet Byul feeling for Dae Hyun when he cried and she has grown so much. She is still the same yet she isn't cold-hearted and giddy inside. No, she is really hurting for him

I cried for the kitchen scene, briliant acting performance from KSY and LBJ :cutekitty:

yes criticism is fine and I think it's okay to have some parts that we like and don't like, because I also have it but still enjoying it

ahhh and about the beach scene I frowned at my phone reflexly when SB's face suddenly changed to YJ :lol:

57 minutes ago, iheartkyj said:

I'm holding my breath on the last scene and literally praying for SB to stop. If she did kiss DH OMG the haters will rejoice because they have another reason to bash the drama. But I was pleasantly surprised that DH pulled back SB's hands.

I'm so glad that SB didn't kiss DH when he fell asleep, well they need to do it later on with consent from both sides

• Like 7

Regarding the bed scene mentioned earlier in the thread: 

The bed is not that wide when you look at the scenes with DH lying on it :smirk: Although, hope they won't pull a Titanic over it, because it is just big enough for TWO people :smirk::smirk: *pervy smirk* xD 

9 minutes ago, iheartkyj said:

I'm curious tho, what is your 2nd most favorite episode? We all agree that episode 10 is by far the best episode right? I'm looking for the 2nd one :)

Such a cute question! :heart: My mind says episode 4, because I vaguely remember very enjoying episode 4, but now thinking about it, I am not even sure what was the exact content of it :sweat_smile: My guess is that it was the episode ending with the piggy backride. I think we've got smalls talks between SB and DH, which showed how much they were comfortable around each other and it was great. But that was my feeling of it haha

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@Ale _ida @ailanthus

I cannot wait for them to kiss either... Like isn't this what we've been waiting for? 2 good dramakissers having a kissing scene?

:fullofhearts:

At the same time remembering Dae Hyun telling Saet Byul to come home.

0f225e673f81c31b448b13f179e528cf.gif

@iheartkyj

I think I loved episode 6 a lot because it meant some change in the whole dynamic between Saet Byul and Dae Hyun because she quit. But mostly because I just LOVE the scenes between Saet Byul and Dae Hyun mom. :D

• Like 8
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, iheartkyj said:

I love eps 4 too, it shows more about both character, their cute and heart to heart moments, but pretty sure I will rewatch all of the eps (except some parts) after it finished 

ooohh noo... I’m not ready 

:criesariver:

1 hour ago, iheartkyj said:

I'm holding my breath on the last scene and literally praying for SB to stop. If she did kiss DH OMG the haters will rejoice because they have another reason to bash the drama. But I was pleasantly surprised that DH pulled back SB's hands.

That’s what I thought!! Phewww... Glad she didn’t do it, though I can feel the tension was so strong... If I were in her shoes, I don’t think I can control myself hahahaahaaa

:Cornykiss:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

This scene was cute though. :loolz:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@Jillia

I don't think this scene was cut. I saw that one.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

2 minutes ago, Ming Lim said:

@Jillia

I don't think this scene was cut. I saw that one.  

"cut"? I wrote "cute". :D I know the scene was in the drama. I thought it was funny and cute.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

17 minutes ago, Jillia said:

"cut"? I wrote "cute". :D I know the scene was in the drama. I thought it was funny and cute.

Oops, I misread it....lol.  Everything was cute  from the beach till the bed.

Did you notice from episode 11 preview that it looks like there is a change in season?  Currently it's supposed to be summer and then we see DH in turtle neck shirt and the one with SB with umbrella, it looks like she is wearing a wool coat.  They met in Spring.  

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Ming Lim said:

Oops, I misread it....lol.  Everything was cute  from the beach till the bed.

Did you notice from episode 11 preview that it looks like there is a change in season?  Currently it's supposed to be summer and then we see DH in turtle neck shirt and the one with SB with umbrella, it looks like she is wearing a wool coat.  They met in Spring.  

So I guess a timejump maybe? Or what do you think? :D

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1

@Jillia

Maybe they want to show that it took a few months for DH to start falling for SB.  I was just surprised to see DH in turtle neck shirt and looks like he is happy as he is smiling at ex-coworkers.  

• Like 6

@Ming Lim

I would like that. And it would sense since he is in a lot of pain and it took a lot of time for him to see Yeon Joo and to realize that he doesn't know her. So it makes sense for months to pass, so Dae Hyun can actually fall for Saet Byul. :D

• Like 6

I’m scared the ending scene is going to turn into a comedic moment! Please let dh + sb have one serious romantic scene without something ruining it. 

@Ming Lim @Jillia Instead of a time jump, I think it might be a flashback.

Spoiler

In the webtoon, saetbyul keeps tabs on daehyun after the cigarette incident. So the umbrella scene could be her watching over daehyun during the grand opening of his cs.. he was also wearing fall/winter clothes during the beach scene with yj where he talked about opening his own store. So it might be around the same time as that. But this could be totally wrong idk just throwing ideas out there :D.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 3

@coolstarlet

That might be a possibility too since SB said she will make DH remember.  Thanks for the info about the webtoon. 

Was the ending of webtoon a comedic one? I want a romantic ending for the drama like walking on the beach & ends with a kiss.

• Like 8

Choi Dae-Hyun of 10 years ago VS. Ji Chang Wook of 10 years ago with same hairstyle  :love::kiss_wink:.

XQaa7pl.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Tuvi Girl said:

Choi Dae-Hyun of 10 years ago VS. Ji Chang Wook of 10 years ago with same hairstyle  :love::kiss_wink:.

Wook's hair was long at that time because he was filming "Warrior Baek Dong Soo" while posing for that Googims catalogue photoshoot.  If his hair was normal length, there would have been no way to clip on the hair extensions for his character.  Two days after the finale episode, he cut it all back to his usual fringed style.

• Like 7