Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

35 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui @ailanthus @Ale _ida

Me reading "bed scene":

And then realizing it's about BTS video:

dirty dirty mind... :shaq:

I saw the reaction on naver special for the last “bed scene”, it’s crazy :love:

the view hits more than 140k (domestic only) within 3 days. People are so thirsty LoL

It’s funny how the first kiss video got so much complaints but then the “almost kiss” video, people are demanding for moreee  :smort:

Only in Backstreet Rookie

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

@Ale _ida @ailanthus @Yuui

They better be thirsty for the bed scene. Finally they appreciate it... it's even better now since Dae Hyun is free.

:Woah:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

7 minutes ago, Ale _ida said:

dirty dirty mind... 

I saw the reaction on naver special for the last “bed scene”, it’s crazy :love:

the view hits more than 140k (domestic only) within 3 days. People are so thirsty LoL

It’s funny how the first kiss video got so much complaints but then the “almost kiss” video, people are demanding for moreee  

Only in Backstreet Rookie

It is really confusing how they are flip-flopping between the kiss being sooo wrong and then wanting a bed scene. 

Image result for watching tennis match gif | Cats and kittens ...

And the netizens will probably flip-flop back to being outraged if we get it. :sweat_smile:

• LOL 10

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

I think I would love to have Kim Yoo Jung in a horror movie...

Sorry to cut your post. As it is unrelated I will put in spoiler

Spoiler

She had horror movie before forbidden floor, room 731 and upcoming the 8th night.

I tried watching forbidden floor and it is very scary, even though KYJ was only 7 y.o then.

• Like 7

@Yuui @Ale _ida @Jillia

Netizen

Then : huge age gaps, she's a third party who mess with the relationship of others, they kissed in the 1st ep

Now : They look so good together, when will they break up, give us their romance now

tenor.gif?itemid=4921481&key=ec17b964692

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Yeon Hong pissed me off arggghh.. she ruins my mood. I was happy to see Seo Jin. I thought she's gonna stop talking after seeing her sick mom. Now Seo Jin problem is solved. And those both couple made my day. But Yeon Hong really annoying. Now CY has moved away and separated from the two girls.

31 minutes ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

Yeon Hong pissed me off arggghh.. she ruins my mood. I was happy to see Seo Jin. I thought she's gonna stop talking after seeing her sick mom. Now Seo Jin problem is solved. And those both couple made my day. But Yeon Hong really annoying. Now CY has moved away and separated from the two girls.

??

:emmm:

Who is yeon hong, Seo Jin and CY?

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

15 minutes ago, vaelya said:

??

@nat_phoenix88 I think this is in the wrong thread. :sweats: sounds like it should be in a chess in the trap thread. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

19 minutes ago, vaelya said:

I was wondering too. I even started to question myself if I didn't know the name of the characters again lol.

We need fanfic. No matter how bad we will read it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

Are you sure you're in the correct thread? :) You might have confused it with another drama thread.

• Like 6

JCW just updated his Instagram story.

AZBDsZk.jpg

He is wearing a suit and tie again today. I believe he will become a very successful GS25 convenience store’s owner in the late episodes.  :kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Rickroll'D 3

first I know I'm too late

On 7/16/2020 at 9:10 PM, Ming Lim said:

Clearly JCW and KYJ shouldn't have promoted  this drama as being warm, lovely, funny, relaxing to watch on a hot summer because their fans are more stressed than ever.  

lol but true af, BR is not rom-com and has totally conned me lmao

Spoiler

RKG.gif

my friends : what are you watching?

me : BR and they said this is rom-com drama but

c14.jpg&key=1e3d334a5714e5126192731dc825 f6447910a1650bbaa922f9973ac2159c.gif 

s the scam of the yea

On 7/15/2020 at 2:35 PM, Jillia said:

Just read a post on Tumblr about how Saet Byul is the reason for the problems and that she can't root for Saet Byul because she is breaking Dae Hyun and Yeon Joo apart. I'm sorry... are we watching the same drama?

In the beginning, Saet Byul said that Dae Hyun would sooner or later realize Yeon Joo isn't the right girl for him. But she never actively did anything to break them apart. :lol:

I saw a convo on twitter about this, so she didn't like SB because SB is a third party who mess DH and YJ relationship, she said she watched since the first episode, SB fall in love with DH who in relationship and SB should step back once she know that DH is taken, not after all become worst so YJ cheating and confused with her relationship after all mess caused by SB, she said YJ taking a time to introduce DH to her parents because her parents is materialistic so she need to find a right time, she said YJ being like that because she intimidate with the third party aka SB and everyone will misunderstand if they at YJ place

well I understand her points but but

Sftf.gif&key=def5d523e5cb0000d5f2e0a6c0e

54 minutes ago, Yuui said:

@nat_phoenix88 I think this is in the wrong thread. sounds like it should be in a chess in the trap thread. 

it make me go back to @Jillia first post to reread BR characters because I wonder if I miss some character's name or there is new additional characters

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

31 minutes ago, ailanthus said:

first I know I'm too late

lol but true af, BR is not rom-com and has totally conned me lmao

Reveal hidden contents

my friends : what are you watching?

me : BR and they said this is rom-com drama but

s the scam of the yea

I saw a convo on twitter about this, so she didn't like SB because SB is a third party who mess DH and YJ relationship, she said she watched since the first episode, SB fall in love with DH who in relationship and SB should step back once she know that DH is taken, not after all become worst so YJ cheating and confused with her relationship after all mess caused by SB, she said YJ taking a time to introduce DH to her parents because her parents is materialistic so she need to find a right time, she said YJ being like that because she intimidate with the third party aka SB and everyone will misunderstand if they at YJ place

it make me go back to @Jillia first post to reread BR characters because I wonder if I miss some character's name or there is new additional characters

well it does have some elements of romcom in it, but it is more than anything a slice-of-life drama. :shaq:

• Like 5
  • Rickroll'D 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ailanthus said:

I also happened to read some comments on twitter that still shipping DH and YJ...

:surprisedwut:

Whoever think that way, I really hope they recognize a toxic relationship when they get one. Actually, DH and YJ relationship is really common in real life, not particularly about rich and poor differences but about honesty and how it takes two to tango. 

Anyway, I blocked some of the account on twitter cause every time there’s a good news or promotion about BR, they’re gonna throw the controversial issues and ask people not to watch it. Until today... They really have that much energy to hate a kdrama... 
:crazymad:

1 hour ago, ailanthus said:

I reread the post couple of times, trying to understand but failed LoL

:sweatingbullets:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

@Yuui yes it does but it's not the fluffy rom-com I expected, yeah kind of slice-of-life drama, well the prod team already give a warning about 'the unpredictable' but I was not prepared that I would cried almost in every episode watching a rom-com drama and thank goodness it's airing on the weekends so I can focus on my work :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Yuui said:

Do you think we will get the BTS to that? I hope Kim Yoo Jung didn't have to do several takes of that.. if she did she is wonder women!

If JCW being mischievous or they both start laughing, then they will have to do several takes.  KYJ can handle JCW weight that's why she did the piggyback whereas with YKS, he would crush her with his height and weight...lol.

With SBS, we can never know when they will release the BTS .  They used to release it on Wed and Thurs but I think because viewers wanted the break up so bad last week that they release the BTS for ep 7 on Tues (Korea) and for ep 8, they did it on Fri.  

I'm surprised that we didn't see KYJ wearing much Fila compared to CWPFN even though Fila is also sponsoring BR.  I think I only saw in ep 2, she was wearing one of those Fila runners.  

• Like 7

May I mention that in ep 10, one of my favourite scenes was when SB got teary-eyed when DH started bawling while talking about his break-up with YJ? It was a very very short cut (only a few milliseconds), but the emotions KYJ conveyed through her eyes were so perfect :bawling::heart:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ale _ida said:

I also happened to read some comments on twitter that still shipping DH and YJ...

Whoever think that way, I really hope they recognize a toxic relationship when they get one. Actually, DH and YJ relationship is really common in real life, not particularly about rich and poor differences but about honesty and how it takes two to tango. 

Anyway, I blocked some of the account on twitter cause every time there’s a good news or promotion about BR, they’re gonna throw the controversial issues and ask people not to watch it. Until today... They really have that much energy to hate a kdrama... 

I reread the post couple of times, trying to understand but failed LoL

I understand them but we agree to disagree right? :D I mean SB didn't fall in love with DH when DH is in relationship and I don't think SB act aggressively to mess up DH-YJ relationship and yes agree with you there are common relationship problems in DH-YJ relationship and their relationship was not healthy even without SB and I think to ask people not to watch is not right, I mean people have their reasons so there’s no need to tell them off and if they don’t have a reason, then they don’t watch it :wink:

1 minute ago, bomnie said:

May I mention that in ep 10, one of my favourite scenes was when SB got teary-eyed when DH started bawling while talking about his break-up with YJ? It was a very very short cut (only a few milliseconds), but the emotions KYJ conveyed through her eyes were so perfect :bawling::heart:

yes I noticed it too, her eyes is the initial reason why I'm falling in love with her

I got teary-eyed and laugh at the same time for the beach scene because seeing DH in pain and SB got teary-eyed seeing DH but then baamm they changed the mood haha

• Like 6

@ailanthus @Yuui

I told you. The writer is switching through genres like other people switch their pair of shoes every day. :lol: But yeah, they trolled us. Promoting it as a fun romcom which will leave us happy after every episode. I'm either enraged or crying my tears out (YES I'm looking at you kitchen scene with Dae Hyun mom and dad). But I still like it and it's not too bad. I mean sometimes it feels like a different drama but simply because I think the writer does better when it's just a romance with sad moments in it.

:waitwhat:

@ailanthus @Yuui @Ale _ida

I'm mostly staying away from negative comments. Especially when I notice that the people who write them obviously watch a completely different drama than we do.

dd49bdc34926915ef4921694176d271a58538381

I think criticism is fine and I have a lot I don't like but I think the drama deserves a lot of credit and some people just refuse to give it because they hate the first episode. And I'm not here for that kind of discussion.

13 minutes ago, bomnie said:

I have to say though... I thought it was funny that she was happy that Dae Hyun and Yeon Joo broke up. But... then we get Saet Byul feeling for Dae Hyun when he cried and she has grown so much. She is still the same yet she isn't cold-hearted and giddy inside. No, she is really hurting for him.:criesariver:

• Like 6

I'm holding my breath on the last scene and literally praying for SB to stop. If she did kiss DH OMG the haters will rejoice because they have another reason to bash the drama. But I was pleasantly surprised that DH pulled back SB's hands.

On the preview for episode 11, they are in the convenience store already, and DH is wearing the same blue shirt from the beach. There are markings on his face. I wonder what is that? I guess there is no kiss but SB might have drawn on his face LOL.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1