Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

12 hours ago, Jillia said:

I know it's just perspective but it looks like Saet Byul is on the other end of the bed. :lol:

Yea, she is there. So I want Friday now, so I can see what happens. :evilelmo:

4 hours ago, cherkell said:

Interesting way the production snuck in some low-key PPL when Dae-hyun was showing the customer how to ship a package from the convenience store.  Looks like the Korean stores are finally getting caught up with the Japanese conbinis, who have been providing shipping services all over the country (plus concert/sporting ticket buying, amongst other items) for decades now.  :D

and @Jillia @Ale _ida @thoattm I am really happy that we don't have all those PPL of cars. :D But eventhough it is bad in Korean drama, they have nothing on Chinese dramas, where they drink only one drink all through a 78 episode long drama. :surprisedwut: (thank god for historical and fantasy dramas where they can't do any PPL)

• LOL 5

@Yuui @thoattm

I remember this happening in the Korean drama "Big" though. When Gong Yoo opened the fridge in his home and it was full of infused water by the same brand and barely anything to eat. :lol:

And Subway for a long time was the only restaurant Korean people in dramas went to.

It's so ridiculous!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

The PPL in BR are various types of ramyeon and triangle kimbab hahahaha...

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

@Jillia @thoattm @vaelya Oh :whytho: I really wish other dramas weren't so obvious with it. There are ways to do it without it looking like a PPL. (Although i have seen Korean celebs, when showing of their homes, open their fridge and all they have is bottled water.) But when all people drive the same car brand or every party has the same drink (no beer no wine) it really takes you out of the drama. Some even shot the product like it is a commercial. 

So it is really nice that Backstreet Rookie can have PPL without you thinking about it. Mostly because it feels relevant for the place their at. :D

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, vaelya said:

The PPL in BR are various types of ramyeon and triangle kimbab hahahaha...

That's true! Thankfully I'm not into instant ramyeon. But I could eat kimbap.

tenor.gif

Me:

NBLQ.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, cherkell said:

Or wanting to order a Papa John's pizza or buying the latest Samsung Galaxy phone.  But technically, the entire drama is one big example of PPL by having the premise set inside a GS25 location.  With as much money as GS Retail has plowed into this production, I am hoping there won't be anymore blatant PPL other than the hangover cure that Saet-byeol was hawking earlier in the show.

The whole GS25 convenience store is a PPL. :P It’s funny, but it’s true. I heard GS25 sales in Vietnam has increased 30% since Backstreet Rookie’s broadcast. 
Dae-Hyun said he opened a convenience store because he thinks “it always stays bright 24-7 and protects the neighborhood. It’s like a friend to those who are hungry, lonely and those who need to buy something. It’s also a place where I can give positive influences to other people.” He also wished that he can open 10 other branches. :thumbsup:

I guarantee with you that Dae-hyun will be a very successful businessman eventually. It would look very bad for GS25 brand if an owner of this store (Dae-Hyun) always get in trouble with customers, lost money, cannot afford to pay salary for his employees, barely survive, often threw away expired foods, always tired at work, earned little money due to lack of customers, etc...:sweat_smile:

If Dae-hyun is poor, then people might think it’s a bad idea to open a GS25 convenience store like him, so GS25 will make character Dae-hyun successful and rich someday just to promote their brand, ha ha...:lol:Don’t be surprised that Dae-hyun might become a multi-millionaire at the end of this drama because GS25 want that happy ending for him. :kiss_wink:

:kaching1:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@Tuvi Girl Yea, but it's a fitting PPL, it¨s not like you watching the episode and think about it being a 1,5 hour commercial. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

43 minutes ago, Yuui said:

@Jillia @thoattm @vaelya Oh  I really wish other dramas weren't so obvious with it. There are ways to do it without it looking like a PPL. (Although i have seen Korean celebs, when showing of their homes, open their fridge and all they have is bottled water.) But when all people drive the same car brand or every party has the same drink (no beer no wine) it really takes you out of the drama. Some even shot the product like it is a commercial. 

So it is really nice that Backstreet Rookie can have PPL without you thinking about it. Mostly because it feels relevant for the place their at. :D

and @thoattm @vaelya

This reminds of the drama:

Spoiler

"Because this is my first life" in which Jung So Min is a writer and her job is it to integrate PPL in dramas.

It must be such a terrible job to sacrifice good writing by putting in PPL. :lol: So I'm not blaming the writers for it. They must include PPL because the sponsors tells them to do so. Some dramas are really in your face while Backstreet Rookie is doing an okay job since GS25 is already a brand on it's own. I would hate it though if they would keep pushing the logo in my face, in closeups. :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Been lurking a lot i here but finally decided to post and say I hope that ep 10 is finally he episode where Daehyun starts letting go of Yeonjoo. After what her mother did to his family I think he's finally startin to see Yj as the awful person she is. He def told her he never knew her for a reason. LOL at her being the one in a misunderstanding now and DH being the one who refuses to listen to her "explanations. The last scene between DH and SB so mucn intensity and chemistry. I hope we finally get movement in the romance area in their story because there's only 6 episodes left! How are they gonna make this convincing? Guess I have to trust that they will.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Jillia said:

and @thoattm @vaelya

This reminds of the drama:

Reveal hidden contents

"Because this is my first life" in which Jung So Min is a writer and her job is it to integrate PPL in dramas.

It must be such a terrible job to sacrifice good writing by putting in PPL. :lol: So I'm not blaming the writers for it. They must include PPL because the sponsors tells them to do so. Some dramas are really in your face while Backstreet Rookie is doing an okay job since GS25 is already a brand on it's own. I would hate it though if they would keep pushing the logo in my face, in closeups. :P

I think it is enough with them just showing the shot of them walking in to the store.. Da da GS25. :D

@RomanticRosebud Welcome:heartxoxo: and yea we are all hoping that it was a wake up call for Dae Hyun. :Please:PDnim

• Like 5

4 hours ago, thoattm said:

@Ale _ida so that Daily Guru is not PPL? so surprising :blink:.

I was so curious so I tried to search that in the app store then I found nothing relevant :rubchin:

I search using both english and korean name 앱도사
Also read some comments that someone should really make that apps in the future 

:takemymoney:

It makes me think that they’re making fun of too obvious PPL 

:lol:

• LOL 5

@Ale _ida Thank you fot your hard work. :tightdeadline: It would have been quite awesome if it was real. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Welcome @RomanticRosebud! Your profil pic, OMO!

:fun:

I hope you'll enjoy your time here! :D

@Yuui

Or Dae Hyun randomly sitting and sulking in front of a corner GS25. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@Ale _ida I also searched for Daily Guru app but couldn’t find it. Thanks for confirming that it’s not a real app. 

I have a Tarot deck, and I pulled out a card while asking “how is the ratings of Backstreet Rookie’s final episode?”. Here is the result:

Spoiler

xpDgaXz.jpg

outcome: things will work out better than expected, and your faith in the future will burn brightly once more.:star:

It looks like we will have a very good outcome! 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

On 7/12/2020 at 1:08 AM, Jillia said:

@Yuui

OMG! So true! I always forget the dreadful episode 5. :lol: Already erased from my memory. They could've really edited it so much better and then maybe the break up would've happened today. Holding onto that hope that it will happen next week. 

and @Yuui I know it's too late now but wanna say that I always forget the existence of ep 5 :lol: If they wrapped the story up in a better way, we didn't need to wait until ep 10 for the break up and had an anxious week but anyway we got the break up :D

On 7/12/2020 at 2:49 PM, Jillia said:

And I'm glad that for once international and Korean fans are on the same page here. Let's hope PD-nim is coming across the demands. :D Otherwise Ringu Saet Byul will pay him a visit:

Source: DCGall

SB gif is so scary, I need to scroll down and put the gif on the spoiler with my eyes closed and give a shock emoticon on your post hahaha

Spoiler

1594538215.gif

4 hours ago, Jillia said:

I find the PPL in Backstreet Rookie definitely not as in your face as in other dramas in which I'm almost forced to eat a Subway sandwich through the screen.

based on LMW PD-nim track record especially in Punch, TFP, and Whisper, I think the PPLs were placed in a smart way but in BR sometimes I get distracted by 'andrea' lol

Spoiler

yys.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Welcome @RomanticRosebud! Your profil pic, OMO!

I hope you'll enjoy your time here! :D

@Yuui

Or Dae Hyun randomly sitting and sulking in front of a corner GS25. :lol:

Yep, it is easy. :joy: Not like other shows where they eat ice-cream and it looks like a commercial for Ben & Jerry's. :whytho:

11 minutes ago, Tuvi Girl said:

@Ale _ida I also searched for Daily Guru app but couldn’t find it. Thanks for confirming that it’s not a real app. 

I have a Tarot deck, and I pulled out a card while asking “how is the ratings of Backstreet Rookie’s final episode?”. Here is the result:

Reveal hidden contents

outcome: things will work out better than expected, and your faith in the future will burn brightly once more.:star:

That is awesome, I have faith in you!

Hallelujah! GIF - Church Praise Hallelujah - Discover & Share GIFs

• LOL 6

@Ale _ida @Tuvi Girl @Yuui

I also think the drama is making fun of it. Especially when they have the Guru app. Everyone and their mom is still going to see a real fortune teller who himself is using the Guru app.

:loolz:

@ailanthus @Yuui

I gotta admit... I don't remember episode 5 for real. :lol: Uhm, I don't think even rewatched it?! I'm not even sure. I'll probably would have to check but I think it would make me angry again. LMAO But thankfully Yeon Joo "graced" us with more of terrible behavior in the episodes afterwards. Was episode 5 even about that? :P

I think I would love to have Kim Yoo Jung in a horror movie... but on the other hand would I watch the movies, me the coward who barely made it through "Ju-On: The Origin"? :lol:

• LOL 4

@Yuui The tarot card “The Star” I picked for Backstreet Rookie’s final episode ratings is a very hopeful sign. ^_^ It’s such a coincidence that Saet-Byul means “rising star” too. :star:

There is a promotion video for this drama by ONE TV Asia channel:

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1