Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

18 minutes ago, Ming Lim said:

I have already watched 3 times the last scene at the beach & bed scene 

I'm sure we will get the BTS of the cheeks pulling. JCW is one lucky guy that KYJ allows him to pull her cheeks like that....ha!ha!

Saammee... me too watched the beach scene for the 3rd times. It was so epic, how DH made me wanna cry in one second but then their conversation became so hilarious AND SUPER CUTE I don’t know what to feel
:teaze:

I’m curious about how they make the conversation between DH and SB so natural like a lot of ad-libs perhaps, but I can’t imagine if it’s all in the script.

• Like 5

@Yuui

I know right!? Dae Hyun and Saet Byul are real scammers... two sides of the same coin.

:Megalol:

I wonder though... where are they? It's not Dae Hyun's room? Did she get him to a motel or something?

:waitwhat:

1 minute ago, Ale _ida said:

Saammee... me too watched the beach scene for the 3rd times. It was so epic, how DH made me wanna cry in one second but then their conversation became so hilarious AND SUPER CUTE I don’t know what to feel

I’m curious about how they make the conversation between DH and SB so natural like a lot of ad-libs perhaps, but I can’t imagine if it’s all in the script.

I hope that Kim Yoo Jung and Ji Chang Wook were able to add a lot of their own ideas to the beach scene. :D

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ale _ida said:

Correction....make it 4th times. I just re-watch it again.

I think it's either in BTS or in articles, JCW  & KYJ have been praised for their natural acting. Since they seem to be very comfortable with each other, their on screen conversation becomes more natural as well & i think they both add their ad-libs at times.

The production team always mentioned that the two actors talked a lot with each other & come up with great ideas and I think the PD likes that about them.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Ming Lim said:

@Yuui @Jillia

DH did tell YJ that honesty only applied to him in their relationship when she told him before let's be truthful & not have any secrets. Good he told her that he doesn't know her that well. It was sad seeing DH like that.

I have already watched 3 times the last scene at the beach & bed scene 

I'm sure we will get the BTS of the cheeks pulling. JCW is one lucky guy that KYJ allows him to pull her cheeks like that....ha!ha!

I'm giving them another nickname..The piggyback couple. Wow KYJ is strong, she can piggyback him to bed

Yea, I got so mad at the dubbel standard Yeon Joo has. I just get mad, when I think about it. But right after you get the scenes with her mother, and I just wish her mother would lose all her money and get to live in the real world. Where treating people like trash has consequences.  

and @Jillia @Ale _ida if i don't remember it wrong it was an article were the crew had said that JCW and KYJ both talk about and added thing during preparering for scenes. But you can also see it in the BTS how they add things that are not in the script.

Yea I really hope for BTS for the beach and the bedroom scene.  :fullofhearts:(In away I would want there to be some NG's for the cheek pulling, but I don¨t know if JWC can take KYJ death glares. :D)

13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

I know right!? Dae Hyun and Saet Byul are real scammers... two sides of the same coin.

I wonder though... where are they? It's not Dae Hyun's room? Did she get him to a motel or something?

I hope that Kim Yoo Jung and Ji Chang Wook were able to add a lot of their own ideas to the beach scene. :D

It doesn't look like the room Saet Byul is staying in, nor the parents room. So does Dae Hyun have another room? I doesn't really look like a hotel/motel either. 

• Like 4

@Ming Lim @Ale _ida @Yuui

I really love that as well. That PDnim considers their ideas as worthy to add to the episodes. I think that's what makes a scene more natural. I think people don't give this drama enough credit for that. :D

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Ming Lim @Ale _ida @Yuui

I really love that as well. That PDnim considers their ideas as worthy to add to the episodes. I think that's what makes a scene more natural. I think people don't give this drama enough credit for that. :D

It is nice to see in the BTS how they run through ideas. 

The quot of the day "When do I need to throw him in to the sea so he can float far away?" :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@Yuui

Are we not all thinking that way sometimes about Dae Hyun? Especially in the first half? But now... I just felt bad for him. He reallly needed his day of sitting at the beach to say his final goodbye.

:sad1:

But I wouldn't mind Yeon Joo floating somewhere far away. :lol:

• LOL 6

The beach scenes of DH with both the gals were SO SO SO BEAUTIFUL isshhhhhhhh

Both the flashback with yeon joo and the present one with SB 

I realized DH looks good with both 

I loved how again yeon joo wasn't the typical RickRoll'D gf like in every other film and drama 

And I love Ji Wook with SB as well... Is he a renowned actor too

He is young handsome and a very good actor who is always at par with JCW and KYJ in every scene 

And thankfully he isn't just a mere cameo 

He is an extended cameo which added a lot of Value to the show

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

Are we not all thinking that way sometimes about Dae Hyun? Especially in the first half? But now... I just felt bad for him. He reallly needed his day of sitting at the beach to say his final goodbye.

But I wouldn't mind Yeon Joo floating somewhere far away. :lol:

Yea, but he is like his father a infuriating drunk. :joy: I feel like Dae Hyun and Saet Byul will end up like Dae Hyun's parents in a sense. 

Oh yes, Yeon Joo can float away, far away

Animated gif about love in Disney by Minois Chiffonné

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@Yuui

This is me if Yeon Joo disappears forever in her first world problems castle together with Seung Joon:

giphy.gif

I think what I enjoyed the most were really the moments between Saet Byul and Dae Hyun of course but also Dae Hyun being able to see what Yeon Joo is like, even though he was wrong about her setting up his dad and so on. But still she is still very much in the wrong if she believes that everything was Dae Hyun's fault

And I also liked the moment between Dae Hyun's mom and dad.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

This is me if Yeon Joo disappears forever in her first world problems castle together with Seung Joon:

I think what I enjoyed the most were really the moments between Saet Byul and Dae Hyun of course but also Dae Hyun being able to see what Yeon Joo is like, even though he was wrong about her setting up his dad and so on. But still she is still very much in the wrong if she believes that everything was Dae Hyun's fault

And I also liked the moment between Dae Hyun's mom and dad.

Oh, I want her to take of, and leave Seung Joon and her mom in the dust. And maybe she will be likeable again.

I am happy about Dae Hyun finally starting to see that Yeon Joo for whom she is. Unhonest and really selfish. 

I wish I could have had the moment of Dae Hyun doing this to Yeon Joo

Best Nsync Bye GIFs | Gfycat

Spoiler

I never thought I would use a NSYNC gif for an korean drama :Megalol:

• LOL 7

Episode 10 is beautiful. I cry and smile and laugh during this ep. 

As a JCW's fan, I'm glad that he choose this drama. Dae Hyun character is not my type but in term of acting, it's great to see another side of JCW besides a veteran action actor. I miss his emotional acting in Empress Ki. 

I love the scene on the beach, JCW nailed it. He changes from a sad crying scene to a comedy acting in a second really smoothly. And the way he cries is quite unique for DH character.

• Like 7

@Yuui @Jillia

Yeon-Joo needs to stick around a bit and come to her senses and try to get back with Dae-Hyun in order for Dae-Hyun to assure Saet-Byul that she's not just a rebound and she's the one he wants to be with.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 2

Mum and dad Parasite parody became deep and heart breaking.

7002_0-47521000-1595100695_screenshot_20

7002_0-89325100-1595100695_screenshot_20

7002_0-04723300-1595100696_screenshot_20

:criesariver:

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

@cherkellmany thanks for the recap. It’s great to hear that Dae Hyun and his girlfriend finally ended their “almost dead” relationship. Too bad it hadn’t ended before his parents had to be humiliated by her mom. Nevertheless, hopefully his parents will soon forget that unpleasant experience. As to Dae Hyun, as long as he  recognizes the truth about his relationship and acknowledges it, I think he should be able to move past this failed relationship. I don’t want Saet Byul to be treated as a rebound so I hope the writers deal with this transition well. In the meantime we can celebrate that we no longer have to watch Dae Hyun almost groveling to please his girlfriend. 

jPLr4m.gif

• Like 8

Episode 10 Recap is out! http://unstoppablesun.com/2020/07/18/backstreet-rookie-ep-10-recap-and-worst-day-daehyun-life/

Sorry it's late I was writing an exam, where almost everything went tragically wrong just like with Daehyun. Please pray that I pass :(  I'm so worried :( :( 

My thoughts:

It was a horrible day to be Daehyun. Scratch that, the man's had a terrible time so far. He tried so so so hard only to end up being treated like a nuisance, like he didn't matter, and like his entire relationship was a lie. Which it was. I was curious as to how this show was going to show Saetbyul as more than a rebound and this was it. Showing just how callously Yeonjoo and her family treated his family killed every ounce of feeling Daehyun had left for her.

There were no regrets in that parting, only residual anger and bitterness. It doesn't matter that Yeonjoo didn't know what her mother did. She didn't even try to apologize to Daehyun and his family. She had the benefit of Boonhee's warm hospitality and repaid that by flinging RickRoll'D in her face. She yelled at Daehyun for not 'keeping his promises' and that's fair but she was keeping an even bigger secret from him. She's hypocritical as hell and Daehyun finally saw it. This is the clean slate Daehyun needed and it hurts so bad but there's no way he'll have any regrets left after this.

Next week's preview shows Daehyun getting a little jealous of Jiwook's friendship with Saetbyul. I'm eager to see how this new relationship's going to be pulled off and more than happy to leave Yeonjoo and her disgusting family behind.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

[Ratings] “Backstreet Rookie”18 July 2020 / Episode 10 (Part 1/Part 2):

Nielsen Korea: 5.3%/8.4% National; 5.8%/8.7% Seoul

TNmS:  8.0% (Part 2 only)

Huh.  Better national, but static in Seoul.  The heck?  Still:

*#1 overall for Saturday mini-series

*#1 for its time slot

*Highest viewer rating per minute at 9.5%

*2049 rating increased to 4.6%

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Yeonjoo makes me want to punch her in the facee!!! No remorse nothing espcially when he sees her outside her house!! I hated her in that scene!! she's just going on and on about herself the selfish cow and has never taken his perspective on anything or never let him explain!!

Alsooo the breakup part she didn't even take director chos hand off her in the car!! Stupid loser!!!! Need karma to get them all so badly!!! 

Poor daehyun and his parents wow I cried so much this episode! First cause of the parents then sb and in the last part dh!! Where's the romcom part if I'm crying my eyes out after every episode :bawling:!! Loved when dh's dad turned on the sprinkler though lmao too funny!!

I need dh and his family to be successful and need yj to regret ever leaving him especiallywhen dhe'll see how happy him and sb are going to be together compared to her!! 

Last part I swear next episode he better not whisper yenjoos name otherwise :kicks:

Also finally after 10 long episodes the romance of our MAIN COUPLE is going to start!!! 10episodrs too late but I'll take it:fullofhearts::heart4:

• Like 6
  • Love 1