Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

Episode 10

Yeon Joo, who declared farewell to Dae Hyun, is promoted to public relations director. Dae Hyun, who knew Hye Ja's strategy, was deeply shocked. Saet Byul who left Ji Wook's house, goes to Eulwang-ri for Dal Sik's words, who said Dae Hyun went on a farewell trip...
대현에게 이별을 선언한 연주는 홍보이사로 승진한다. 여기에 혜자의 계략까지 알게 된 대현은 큰 충격에 빠진다. 지욱의 집에서 나온 샛별은 대현이 이별여행을 갔다는 달식의 말에 을왕리로 향한다...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCw8CGaJpYv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

Finally finished the episode and one thing I'm glad of is that, thank goodness they finally get to the break up part (even though it was kind of a messed up one due to an irritating YJ) but we still got it. There were quite a few scenes I was just like :surprisedwut: seriously?!! And ...:isannoyed:and...:facepalm:, but that's ok, since it's taken place.

Hopefully they don't drag the 'moping/saddened' of DH too long because we need to see a faster love-progression of SB and DH. 

Good to see the ratings' doing very well. 

• Like 7

DH keeps falling for girls who don’t appreciate him. They see his loyalty and kindness as something to take advantage of. This is like what GB said in ep 1. He looks like the kind of guy women can control. Before YJ left him at the restaurant, she said, “I want this last meal to be what you like.” So she’s well aware he’s been accommodating her and she took full advantage of that. 

Let’s hope DH start to realize that he needs a woman who truly loves and appreciates him for who he is when his r/s with SB develops. That all the girlfriends in the past were not suitable for him but SB is the ONE for him. He seems to show up as more manly when SB is concerned. Even in ep 9, SB was clearly enamored by how he handled the food expiry complaint case.

There was one part in ep 5 I think where he met with his professor and old classmates and the professor said maybe the next time we meet it’ll be at DH’s wedding. Let's hope that’s a foreshadowing. :wub:

I was expecting this drama to be a fluffy romcom but it sure isn’t. Aside from the long drawn out angst between DH and YJ, I like that this drama has shown some depth in portraying the relationships between different characters. I actually like how they showed the dynamics between DH’s parents. I think a good drama will make viewers care even for the side characters. So I don’t think this episode was a filler episode. It’s also showing how EB is taking charge of her life and how SB is starting to realize the talent of her sis. And yeah, I am looking forward to how DS and GB’s r/s will develop too.

Last but not least...the dynamics of the upper class. On one hand, we seem to see birds of a feather flockIng together. That’s the upper class rep by YJ and her mom...only thinking of preserving their status and so one-dimensional. For them, going forward in life is to amass more riches and power by coming together even if it means being together with someone you don’t love. I can’t help but contrast them with GB who is rich but values her friends. I bet she’ll stick to the person she loves no matter what her dad says. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

The new stills for tonight's episode. :D

20200718132000_5f1278705dbba_1.jpg

Source: Hankyung

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

Looks like SB will stay with DH if he fell asleep.  So may be YJ and him had a talk in the morning and DH stayed on the beach all day until SB found him.  Go SB GO.....:hwaiting:

Tonight I think I can sleep soundly as well....ha!ha!  Will wake up at 6am to watch ep 10

Translated article of the new still cuts - night beach  date

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCxY8tYpvOj/?igshid=1xrmg6vxny9ag

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Good Morning everyone! :D

I just woke up. Nice to see the ratings being pretty stable and I hope we might see them going up again for episode 10.

:hwaiting:

I have to "work" today if you call a 2 hours shift work. Hahaha... and afterwards I need to throw myself in the chaotic Saturday grocery shopping. Wish me luck! So that I come back safely to watch episode 10.

:loolz:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I super love the scene when Saet Byul was sulking becoz  DH wasnt thanking her and DH cutely saying thank you.  How sweet these two.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The messed up thing about the break up is that Dae Hyun is probably taking all the blame when he doesn't know about all the stupid things Yeon Joo has done behind his back (not just the cheating). In his eyes she is still one the pedestal.

Kennedy Davenport Ru Paul GIF - KennedyDavenport RuPaul Whaaa ... 

I am fine with Yeon Joo breaking up because she realises that they aren't the right ones for each other. But at least explain why you feel that, and take some ownership of the things you've done.

12 hours ago, Jillia said:

and @Yuui I mean it would make sense for the voices not to be in sync with the scene shown... if the voice/dialogue belongs to another scenes. But SBS keeps editing some preview making the actual dialogue also shown in the scene not being in sync. It bothers me as well.

A bit of topic: but I barely watch SBS dramas their promotion skills are that of a average highschool student only doing the bare minimum in class. :lol:

But I guess we have to live with that for this drama. :D

Yes, they definitely feel like does fanfiction versions you can see of Chinese dramas were they say one thing and the subtitles (the story line) says something totally different. :joy:

4 hours ago, Mizzy said:

I was expecting this drama to be a fluffy romcom but it sure isn’t. Aside from the long drawn out angst between DH and YJ, I like that this drama has shown some depth in portraying the relationships between different characters. I actually like how they showed the dynamics between DH’s parents. I think a good drama will make viewers care even for the side characters. So I don’t think this episode was a filler episode. It’s also showing how EB is taking charge of her life and how SB is starting to realize the talent of her sis. And yeah, I am looking forward to how DS and GB’s r/s will develop too.

(sorry for cutting your post)

I think Saet Byul does know/think her sister has talent. I just think it's more that she understands the realities of showbiz(the world), and that there is few who make it. (and think about the really dark side of showbiz that a lot of people ignore/ pretend doesn't exist. I am not so sure I would want my family in that kind of an environment.)

• Like 6

The drunk Dae-Hyun will talk about his innermost thoughts to Saet-Byul. If it's related to Yeon Joo, I don't care much, but I hope he will reveal to Saet-Byul about his thinking of her. I think Saet-Byul wanted to talk to him about her first kiss 3 years ago... :wub:

New article on Soompi:

Watch: Ji Chang Wook And Kim Yoo Jung Exchange Creative Ideas While Filming “Backstreet Rookie”

Watch: Ji Chang Wook And Kim Yoo Jung Exchange Creative Ideas While Filming “Backstreet Rookie”

Jul 17, 2020
by L. Kim

SBS’s “Backstreet Rookie” has released new behind-the-scenes footage of Ji Chang Wook and Kim Yoo Jung!

The new making-of video starts with Kim Yoo Jung waiting for the scene where an elderly man throws a bucket of water at her. She watches as the supporting actor goes into rehearsal, and her face turns blank when she realizes what’s about to happen to her. The actress tries to reassure herself that it will feel cool, but her expression is stiff with uneasiness. However, once filming starts, the nervousness is gone and she successfully films the scene without making a single blooper.

Next, Ji Chang Wook and Kim Yoo Jung practice the scene where he heads to the bathroom to take a shower and accidentally runs into her after she takes a shower. In order to add more comedy to the scene, Ji Chang Wook suggests acting as if he is taking off his pants, and Kim Yoo Jung replies, “If he takes off his pants, I would automatically kick him.” The director takes that into consideration, and the two actors rehearse the scene with their ideas in it. The crew laugh at the comical scene, and Ji Chang Wook jokes, “I should’ve worn nicer underwear.”

kim-yoo-jung-ji-chang-wook-11.jpg

Then the two actors work together to film a scene where they have to be hiding. They both agree that their hiding spot is a little too obvious and ask the director if they could hide in a better spot. As they’re moving, their old hiding spot starts to leak with water, and the director laughs as he orders for them to get out of there. Smiling sheepishly, Ji Chang Wook comments, “Wow, we almost got into big trouble. What would’ve happened if we had continued to sit there?” Eventually, the two actors are able to film at a better (and dryer) hiding spot.

ji-chang-wook-kim-yoo-jung3.jpg

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hehehe i never read the books before.....

however im enjoying parts and pieces of the story....KYJ really grown in here...she is different however still the same.....im glad they made the appearance of her childhood friend again and again.... :)

First time replying from phone. :wut:

But I definitely agree. I think we can say a lot about drama choices but I like how KYJ is doing different things. Also trying out different genres to broaden her experience. Even though, I don't need another romcom after this drama.:D

@Yuui

Or when in Chinese dramas the dubbing isn't 100% in sync with the actor on screen. :lol:

Anyways it bothers me a lot that Yeon Joo seems to get away with her wrongdoings.But what can we do? 

:kitty:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

27 minutes ago, Tuvi Girl said:

The drunk Dae-Hyun will talk about his innermost thoughts to Saet-Byul. If it's related to Yeon Joo, I don't care much, but I hope he will reveal to Saet-Byul about his thinking of her. I think Saet-Byul wanted to talk to him about her first kiss 3 years ago... :wub:

New article on Soompi:

(sorry for cutting your post)

Give It To Me! - Reaction GIFs I would really love it if he said all the things on his mind to Saet Byul while drunk. :joy: Just think about how he will react the next day when he remember it all. 

@Jillia Yes, or like when the drama is recorded in Cantonese but dubbed in Mandarin. As a non speaker of Chinese languages you don't quite know what is wrong you just know that something is off. :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

@Yuui

Hence why we don't know what's going on in those previews but for a whole different reason. The editing is just not good. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

Hence why we don't know what's going on in those previews but for a whole different reason. The editing is just not good. :lol:

Yea, they really should get a new editor for the previews. Also the pacing of each episode is kinda off, which they could have fixed in the editing.. I have to say that the editing is the weakness of this drama. (also they could have fixed the problematic stuff with Dalsik in editing.)

Spoiler

the editing department must have gone This Munster fan said what we were all thinking about Ian ... when seeing their results on telly. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I noticed DH goes 2 or 3 days without changing clothes in ep 9 hahaha....

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

1 minute ago, vaelya said:

I noticed DH goes 2 or 3 days without changing clothes in ep 9 hahaha....

Can he be like Kim HeeChul that have a lot of the same cloths (the same model and colour) :sipsboba:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

18 minutes ago, Yuui said:

Yea, they really should get a new editor for the previews. Also the pacing of each episode is kinda off, which they could have fixed in the editing.. I have to say that the editing is the weakness of this drama. (also they could have fixed the problematic stuff with Dalsik in editing.)

Hide contents

the editing department must have gone  when seeing their results on telly. 

That's what I thought as well. I think they did a good job with the way they edited Dae Hyun's mom and dad coming to see Yeon Joo's mom. But overall the pacing is really weird. But I got used to it for this drama.

:saitama:

@vaelya

Well I hope he changes at least his underwear. :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

@Jillia Every episode has moments when the pacing works really well. I think what is throwing me off is the pacing between funny and non funny moments (it doesn't help when they think something is funny and you think huh!? was that funny?) All moments between Saet Byul and Dae Hyun works really well, but that can be Kim Yoo Jung and Ji Chang Wook actually making the scene work without the editing (hard to know when you don't know how they edit it). A big thumbs up for the fighting scenes though, that isn't easy to get right. 

maryclaire1 - Page 2 — EA Forums 

• Like 5

i just need daily guru to come and make an appearance at each eps

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

@nyuh Yeah, Daily Guru is very accurate! B) Where can I find such similar app like that?

Lifetime version of the BTS video with English translation is available.

• Like 4
  • Love 1