Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

They just want to confuse us. :lol: SBS' previews are not well edited and barely make any sense. So we don't really know what and when things are gonna happen.

True! The voiceovers are not even in sync with the scene/character.

Is that intentional? Why? They can confuse us in a good way, you know.

• Like 4
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

uaaaaaa soompi forum is finally working  thank you for the call @Jillia ep 11 and 12 are so enjoyable, DH jealousy is so funny, I can't  huhu 4 ep left, my excitement and anxiety rolled into

Final thoughts on Backstreet Rookie:   After watching the final 2 episodes yesterday and sleeping a night over it, I have to say I'm actually pleased with the outcome of the drama. I even li

SBS/Lifetime Channel Drama ★ Backstreet Rookie ★ Network: SBS / Lifetime Channel Other title: Convenience Store Saet Byul Genre: drama, romcom Episodes: 16 Airdat

9 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Yuui

They just want to confuse us. :lol: SBS' previews are not well edited and barely make any sense. So we don't really know what and when things are gonna happen.

and @iheartkyj I find the problem is they are cut in away that makes sense, but not if you want to get a preview to the actual episode. It's more like a fan made preview to a fanfiction version. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, iheartkyj said:

True! The voiceovers are not even in sync with the scene/character.

Is that intentional? Why? They can confuse us in a good way, you know.

and @Yuui I mean it would make sense for the voices not to be in sync with the scene shown... if the voice/dialogue belongs to another scenes. But SBS keeps editing some preview making the actual dialogue also shown in the scene not being in sync. It bothers me as well.

A bit of topic: but I barely watch SBS dramas their promotion skills are that of a average highschool student only doing the bare minimum in class. :lol:

But I guess we have to live with that for this drama. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
15 minutes ago, Ming Lim said:

@Tuvi Girl

I'm already feeling sad to know that they will finish filming soon and we only have 3 weeks left to enjoy JCW and KYJ drama.  I remember feeling excited to learn that they both accepted this project back in January......time goes by really fast.

I'm glad they had the opportunity to work together.  They make a good team and they are both equally good in acting. 

I would never have imagined that KYJ would work with JCW. But I was pleasantly surprised when they announced that JCW would play opposite her in the drama.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
5 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@iheartkyj @Ming Lim

And in addition to that they get praised for their acting and that's correct: they do a fantastic job. :D

KYJ's fans didn't want her to accept this role because it's an adult webtoon and it would affect her image.  Look now.....all are loving SB character and said she did an excellent job. I was more sure she would accept it at that time because she is the ambassador for Lifetime channel.  I was pleasantly surprised that JCW accepted it.  I thought he would decline it since he was offered another role after MMS.  This role for him was a change as he didn't portray the cool guy like he used to and there are still fans asking for K2/Healer type role.  Some fans can be really mean.

• Like 6
Just now, Ming Lim said:

KYJ's fans didn't want her to accept this role because it's an adult webtoon and it would affect her image.  Look now.....all are loving SB character and said she did an excellent job. I was more sure she would accept it at that time because she is the ambassador for Lifetime channel.  I was pleasantly surprised that JCW accepted it.  I thought he would decline it since he was offered another role after MMS.  This role for him was a change as he didn't portray the cool guy like he used to and there are still fans asking for K2/Healer type role.  Some fans can be really mean.

I'm grateful I didn't know the webtoon and still don't know it. Maybe I would've been wary as well. :) And rightfully so. I think it's fine for KYJ fans to want for her not to accept a role when the source material is... well... problematic and frankly, if I may be honest, judging from the few images I found: gross. But I'm glad the drama writer decided to take the characters and a couple of key plots and key scenes but make a different drama with it. :D

• Like 6

I'm too late to the party. Just start to watch ep9 now :elated:

But Yeahhhhh! The Break Up!

And it seems to have a parody of Parasite so I already like this episode before starting to watch. :eats:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I love how yeonjoo says “I want to enjoy our last meal together the way you like it”  but then leaves him all alone after taking one small sip of broth. Now daehyun has to finish this meal by himself and also pay for the bill. But the worst part has to be her leaving with another man  (the man she cheated with) right in front of him. Trash human being.

• LOL 9

Ep 9 Recap is out! http://unstoppablesun.com/2020/07/17/backstreet-rookie-ep-9-recap-and-here-comes-breakup

I don't think there's anything else I felt while watching today's episode besides pure fury. Yeonjoo, her mother, Seungjoon. There wasn't a single ray of sunshine together because these large clouds poured on poor Daehyun. Tomorrow's episode doesn't look like it's going to get better. It looks like Daehyun's about to find out where his dad works, or rather for whom he works. I can only hope Saetbyul and Daehyun comes through for each other because it really looks like no one's going to come through for them.

I like that Daehyun had no feelings whatsoever for Saetbyul beyond friendship and that it was Yeonjoo who was two-timing. In a lot of shows where the male/female lead already has a partner, we usually have the male/female lead slowly falling for someone else and then their partner does something terrible enough for the male/female lead to be justified in leaving them for the other person. Here, Daehyun loved Yeonjoo and did everything he possible could for her.

I just worry that in showing the depth of his devotion for Yeonjoo that this show won't succeed in showing his relationship with Saetbyul as something special, as the right fit for him, instead of a rebound. Because done poorly, Saetbyul could seem like a rebound. We don't have many episodes left so I'm really hoping the show comes through on this because we've explored the demise of Daehyun and Yeonjoo's relationship really well (I'm really satisfied with how realistically this went down), but can Backstreet Rookie pull off a new relationship well in such little time? Tomorrow will tell!

• Like 7
55 minutes ago, coolstarlet said:

I love how yeonjoo says “I want to enjoy our last meal together the way you like it”  but then leaves him all alone after taking one small sip of broth. Now daehyun has to finish this meal by himself and also pay the bill. But the worst part has to be her leaving with another man  (the man she cheated with) right in front of him. Trash human being.

Trash is right. I muttered sseraegi (쓰레기) twice this episode watching Yeon-Joo and her mother. Yeon-Joo feeling self-righteous after her cheating is her in a nutshell and I regret that Dae-Hyun will probably never find out about it.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

The only highlight out of the mom doing this is that daehyun will finally see the light in the next episode and stop going after his now ex girlfriend. Also kinda hoping that Seungjoon will tell daehyun that he kissed her. I know it's harsh but he needs hard slap of reality

• Like 5

Wow all I can say is I cannot stand yeon joo! Like where's the apology as well!??! Ok so she won't say anything about the kiss but atleast say sorry!!

Plus she led the guy on for 2+years and now that they've had 1 little issue she's gunna leave him?! She said so herself that before SB came into their life they didn't fight so after 1 fight/problem she's gunna leave him? If she really loved him she'd fight for her love and go against her mum. Some fake love she has kmt! Feel so sorry for DH poor guy.

Even though they broke up I really am still annoyed!!! He better not continue moping around for yj who doesn't even really care about him. I don't feel sorry for her at all and I don’t  want them to show her sadness anymore we've seen it already. I don’t even want the director and her to get together either! 

Director cho just comes in for 2 seconds to show his dumb facial expressions! I don’t even know what he's trying to portray tbh

I can't stand yj's mum either I just forwarded her scenes with DH's parents.

I need DH to find out about the kiss already so he can stop doing yeonjoo shi yeonjoo shi every 5 seconds and pick up his pride and move on. Saet-Byul help your boy out please.

Decent-ish episode better than ep8! Loved the sb ds tag team..highlight of the episode for me!! I just need the yeonjoo chapter over already and less screen time for her and her nonsense please 

• Like 5

Ep9: again a stressful episode. I cannot enjoy the part how YJ's mother treats DH family. I was in pain during this part, I can already feel the pain of Dae Hyun when he find out about it. 

And the biggest problem is I have no clue where the story goes. Will Dae Hyun find out that it's not his fault in this break up? Will the truth about his father job be the wake-up point for him to change? Or he keeps being the victim of his innocent and ignorance? 

Too good but useless character, I hate this kind of character. I hope there will be a change for DH later.  

• Like 5

[Ratings] “Backstreet Rookie” 17 July 2020 / Episode 9 (Part 1/Part 2):

Nielsen Korea: 6.1%/7.7% National; 6.6%/8.7% Seoul

TNmS:  4.9%/6.1% National

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
7 minutes ago, cherkell said:

[Ratings] “Backstreet Rookie” 17 July 2020 / Episode 9 (Part 1/Part 2):

Nielsen Korea: 6.1%/7.7% National; 6.6%/8.7% Seoul

TNmS:  TBA

Is this the highest rating for a Friday episode?! Let's gooo! Nicely done team backstreet rookie! :happy2:

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1
30 minutes ago, Mymindisblank said:

Is this the highest rating for a Friday episode?! Let's gooo! Nicely done team backstreet rookie!

The average of the two percentages = it definitely is!  I'm interested to see what the TNmS rating(s) average out to when released.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

That's good news! :)

Compared to previous odd episodes that were aired on Friday, the ratings of ep 9 is actually better. Both first part and second part have similar ratings. I didn't have high expectation for ratings on Friday, but actually it's better than I expected. Maybe a new chapter for Backstreet Rookie's ratings has been opened? :lol: Let's be optimistic and hopeful for the best to come!!! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이