Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jillia

[Drama 2020] Convenience Store Saet Byul / Backstreet Rookie, 편의점 샛별이

Just now, Yuui said:

At the moment though, Saet Byul is more concerned about the one mistreating the dog and is putting up a fight for ownership. :joy: 

And rightfully so. Yeon Joo is only beating poor Dae Hyun up all the time. ::loolz: Someone needs to call the animal human welfare.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

She wants to give them some space but he comes running to her when he found out about the scam. I mean we all know he already cares more than he admits to himself. He was even looking up how to find scammers and so. His mind wasn't even with Yeon Joo during that time. Only when Saet Byul left he tried to call her who was cheating on him at that time. And afterwards he went right back to helping Saet Byul.

I feel like that's only because he wants to get her out the house so his dumb girlfriend doesn't misunderstand again rather than actually helping her because he genuinely wants to..but than again he did seem quite sad about it and was asking his dad and friends to help 

• Like 5

The only way this drama can make it up to me and do it justice. 

1) lots of kiss scenes (Ideally two good ones) 

2) more scenes between the leads 

3) more scenes of puppy as well.

:) lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Mymindisblank said:

I feel like that's only because he wants to get her out the house so his dumb girlfriend doesn't misunderstand again rather than actually helping her because he genuinely wants to..but than again he did seem quite sad about it and was asking his dad and friends to help 

I think he doesn't want to tell her that he actually cares, even if it's just as a friend. She asked him why he is helping her when she doesn't even work for him anymore. And he was scrambling for an answer. And the easiest way was to tell her that he is only helping her to get her out of his house. But when his sister told him about the scam he later was regretting telling her to leave his house.

I think he wants to genuinely help her but doesn't want to admit it. But I think he wouldn't go so far to ask his dad and his mates for help and keep looking up ways to catch a scammer if he didn't mean it.  :)

I know we're somewhat angry at Dae Hyun at the moment but we have to give him some credit. He also looked genuinely worried when he saw Saet Byul so upset when they lost the scammer.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm not sure how they are going to develop any romance between the leads. DH is still very much in his own world in regards to his GF. They make him too naive almost borderline dumb. It is frustrating to watch him coming with excuses and drop whatever he's doing running to her. They could cut short the relationship by making him realize something... anything at all. But yet, what do we have a kiss between his GF and another man and our DH isn't even around to witness it. The relationship is falling apart in front of our eyes but it's slower than a snail. It's not the end goal yet TPTB acted like they are and SB is just there to push it along. 

How many episodes are we going to have with DH and SB falling in love? Are they going to automatically do so since she's in love with him since forever and all it takes is a confession from him out of the blue and she accepts it...them holding hands and it ends lol. If he's this much in love with his GF it's going to take a few episodes for him to get over her. Is he going to break up with her and the next episode realized he's actually in love with SB all this time? Hahaha it's absolutely frustrating. If this keep going the way it has I prefer for SB to be alone than to be with DH. Let her find her way in the world and figure out her life. DH doesn't deserve SB at the moment. If by 2 more episodes they can't make up their mind if they want DH to be with SB....they need to have an open ending. 

• Like 4

I kind of hope that I'm correct and maybe Dae Hyun's former co-worker will tell him something about SJ and YJ. But I guess in the end it might have something to do with the store itself. Who knows?

Here the preview again for episode 9. :D Maybe @stroppyse could help out with the translation, please? :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

Literally when the whole "We watched the show, now go home my boyfriend when I need you" scene happened I thought the break up would happen and now I need to rewatch all the Saet Byul / Dae Hyun scenes to soothe my heart.

I'm gonna start writing fanfiction again if this drama doesn't give me what I want.

Please do. I'm also going to write one but maybenot the characters 

• Like 4

@Jillia yea true he isn't a bad person who wishes ill on anyone but this episode was such an annoying one! Dh needs to stop being so dumb though!

Also thinking back to the preview since they didn't put a glimpse of the beach scene we probably won't be getting the breakup in ep9:huh:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Jillia yea true he isn't a bad person who wishes ill on anyone but this episode was such an annoying one! Dh needs to stop being so dumb though!

Also thinking back to the preview since they didn't put a glimpse of the beach scene we probably won't be getting the breakup in ep9:huh:

The problem with Dae Hyun is: his backbone is nowhere to be found. :lol: Nobody has seen his backbone in a long time and it's time for Dae Hyun to look for it and to get it back. Hence why I hope the change from the webtoon will be that Dae Hyun is breaking up with Yeon Joo and not her. Only Dae Hyun would go to a nice place to break up with someone.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I think he cares so much about SB without him realising it. He noticed the wound on her arm when she just walk passed him and in a situation where he was in a hurry to go on date with his gf. You don't observe someone so throughly if she doesn't hold a place in your heart.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

20 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I kind of hope that I'm correct and maybe Dae Hyun's former co-worker will tell him something about SJ and YJ. But I guess in the end it might have something to do with the store itself. Who knows?

Here the preview again for episode 9. :D Maybe @stroppyse could help out with the translation, please? :)

He might tell him about the incident between Saet Byul and Yeon Joo, but without knowing the details he might make it sound like Saet Byul was being mean towards Yeon Joo. 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

The problem with Dae Hyun is: his backbone is nowhere to be found. :lol: Nobody has seen his backbone in a long time and it's time for Dae Hyun to look for it and to get it back. Hence why I hope the change from the webtoon will be that Dae Hyun is breaking up with Yeon Joo and not her. Only Dae Hyun would go to a nice place to break up with someone.

:bawling::joy:

Unfortunately hasn't been found since the drama started lmao!! But yess I think we all hope to god he is the one who breaks it off with her!!! After all this buildup I'm hoping the pd gets this right and he's the one who breaks it off otherwise I feel like I might just be done with this drama

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

7 minutes ago, vaelya said:

I think he cares so much about SB without him realising it. He noticed the wound on her arm when she just walk passed him and in a situation where he was in a hurry to go on date with his gf. You don't observe someone so throughly if she doesn't hold a place in your heart.

That's what I was thinking. He is so focused on Yeon Joo but once she is out of the picture he already cares a lot about Saet Byul. So that's a good sign. :D

6 minutes ago, Yuui said:

He might tell him about the instead between Saet Byul and Yeon Joo, but without knowing the details he might make it sound like Saet Byul was being mean towards Yeon Joo. 

OMG! Was he there when it happened?! I need to rewatch the scene to see if the co-worker was there when Saet Byul talked to Yeon Joo... but it makes sense because there is a short frame of Dae Hyun talking to Saet Byul.

Let me check the preview! :)

Thank you so much for the translation, @stroppyse! :D Yes, we're still in Yeon Joo/Dae Hyun Lalaland!

:bawling::joy:

Unfortunately hasn't been found since the drama started lmao!! But yess I think we all hope to god he is the one who breaks it off with her!!! After all this buildup I'm hoping the pd gets this right and he's the one who breaks it off otherwise I feel like I might just be done with this drama

Weirdly he got a backbone when he is talking to Saet Byul. Then he can be loud, angry and demanding. :P

• Like 4

@Jilliathat always happens in dramas!! The ones you want them to say stuff to they don't and they just take it all when they're being taken for a fool but they get all loud mouthed when they're chatting to the love interest!! Very annoying 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Yuui said:

@Jillia  It looks like it

OMG! Yes I just found it as well. :o And I found this in the preview and it definitely looks like the outfit Saet Byul is wearing when the co-worker is talking to Dae Hyun:

34315150b1fbc8d251acc282e22ded16f32823b5

I swear if Dae Hyun becomes angry at her again without being properly informed or asking her I'm gonna riot.

I wonder though if Yeon Joo is fleeing and Dae Hyun will go after her and they somehow end up at the beach and breakup?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Yuui said:

He might tell him about the incident between Saet Byul and Yeon Joo, but without knowing the details he might make it sound like Saet Byul was being mean towards Yeon Joo. 

Omg please no!! This is not needed at all it's too late in the drama to do this because it's just gunna bring in another misunderstanding and no room for dh to like sb!! Another drag if this happens:lazyandfart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

@Jillia If he accuses Seat Byul unjustly  he is a bad doggy. :kicks: 

@Mymindisblank Unfortunately so far they done everything we don't want and almost nothing of the things we want. I am going into crisis mood and are going for worst scenarios on everything. 

• LOL 3
  • Rickroll'D 1

9 minutes ago, Mymindisblank said:

@Jilliathat always happens in dramas!! The ones you want them to say stuff to they don't and they just take it all when they're being taken for a fool but they get all loud mouthed when they're chatting to the love interest!! Very annoying 

But it also shows that Dae Hyun is able to be himself with Saet Byul. With Yeon Joo he is always sitting a bit crouched like he literally has no backbone. And even after something bad happens between them, he is walking around like a beaten dog. But with Saet Byul he isn't afraid to speak his mind. They talk normally as seen in one of the early episodes when Saet Byul asked him about his previous job. :)

4 minutes ago, Yuui said:

@Jillia If he accuses Seat Byul unjustly  he is a bad doggy. 

Hahahaha... I would just be so tired of it. But maybe Saet Byul will finally break and tell him that Yeon Joo came to see her and told her to quit and maybe even tell him about Seung Joon. Who knows?! I think Saet Byul was pretty patient. Dae Hyun deserves the truth. :D

• Like 4

I think I have to find some comedies somewhere to watch to calm down. If they don't make many misleading advertisement about Tom & Jerry couple I think the situation is better if we expect a balance triangle from the beginning. 

And I also think the kiss between Yeon Joo and the Director is really out of YJ character. She always keeps distance with his friend and she was not bad. She is just not a match with DH because of huge difference in wealthy level. And the show suddenly throws an interesting character away to make the relationship of DH and SB convincing? Poor Yeon Joo, you should have been a interesting supporting role and they ruin it in 1 episode. And now no one will care about the love line of YJ and the Director because it already becomes the worst romantic relationship. I never see someone uses power to force romance like what the Director did. I hate him. 

I know following a realtime K drama always painful. But this is a rom com, I supposed to be happier than this tiresome. 

Should we make a trending hashtag on Twitter or something? I mean the drama can do better than this both in story and rating if they actually think about build up DH SB relationship. Why don't they do that? I just don't get it. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1