How to buy a Friend

How-to-Buy-a-Friend-Poster1.jpg

Network: KBS2

Genre: school, youth

Episodes: 8

Airdate: April 6th - April 14th, 2020

Airtime: Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

Story:

“Friend Contract” is based on the school webtoon by Kwon Laad. It depicts the dark sides of love and society during the fresh adolescence period from the perspective of two high school students Park Chan Hong and Heo Don Hyuk.

Cast:

Shin Seung Ho as Heo don Hyeok

Heo Don-Hyeok is classmates with Park Chan-Hong. Heo Don-Hyeok is not interested in studying and he works to pay for his living expenses.

How-to-Buy-a-Friend2-150x150.jpg

Lee Sin Young as Park Chan Hong

Park Chan-Hong  is an ordinary high school student. He has talent for writing and he gets pressured by his parents about his studies. He doesn’t have any specific dreams. He is friends with Eom Se-Yoon, who attends the same high school.

How-to-Buy-a-Friend1-150x150.jpg

Kim So Hye as Eom Se Yoon

She is popular at school.

How-to-Buy-a-Friend3-150x150.jpg

Supporting Cast:

Oh Hee Joon as Oh Kyung Pyo
Min Do Hee as Choi Mi Ra
Jo Yi Hyun as Shin Seo Jung
Kim Won Hae as Park Choong Jae
Baek Ji Won as Oh Jung Hee
Jang Hye Jin as Jo Pyung Sub
Kim In Kwon as Woo Tae Jung
Kim So Ra as Best Student
Kim Do Wan as Kwak Sang Pil

Teasers:

OST

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Friend Contract, 계약우정 - Shin Seung Ho - Premieres in June

[OFFICIAL] Shin Seung Ho, confirmed to star in webtoon-based drama 'Friend Contract'

Posted : 2020-01-23 08:00

202001230800061581_d.jpg

Spoiler

Actor Shin Seung Ho has chosen 'Friend Contract' as his next project.

According to multiple entertainment officials, Shin Seung Ho was cast as the main character of KBS's new drama 'Friend Contract' (written by Kim Ju Man, directed by Yoo Young Eun).

'Friend Contract' depicts the dark scene of adolescent love and society from the perspective of high school students Park Chan-hong and Hur Don-hyuk. It is being developed and produced by Kakao M's drama production company Mega Monster, based on the webtoon of the same name (by Kwon Laad) which has been well received for its fresh development and deep and heavy theme. Yoo Young Eun, who directed both seasons of 'Queen of Mystery' and 'Just Dance', is the series PD and the screenplay is written by Kim Ju Man.

Shin Seung Ho turned to acting after debuting in the 2016 SBS Super Model Selection. Since then, he has appeared in web drama 'A-TEEN', JTBC school drama 'At Eighteen', and Netflix's youth drama 'Love Alarm'.

'Friend Contract' is scheduled to start shooting in the first half of January and will air in the first half of this year.

YTN Star Ban Seo Yeon (uiopkl22@ytnplus.co.kr)
[Photo = Starship Entertainment]

Mega Monster, borrows W2 billion from (parent) Kakao M… "strengthening production capabilities"

Chae Sung Woo Posted : 2020.01.23 15:51

2020012315448089555_1.jpg

Mega Monster-produced dramas / Photo = Mega Monster's homepage

Spoiler

Mega Monster, a content production affiliate of Kakao M, borrowed 2 billion won to expand production capacity. Mega Monster plans to use the borrowings to create content.

According to the content industry sources, Mega Monster borrowed 2 billion won from Kakao M on the 20th of January. The repayment period is 19th of April, with 20.46% return on equity.

Mega Monster is a drama production company established by Kakao M in May 2017 and is producing various contents for different platforms such as TV terrestrial, cable and mobile channels. In December 2018, it co-produced with MBC the mystery thriller drama 'Children of Nobody' and in February 2019 the romantic comedy drama 'Touch Your Heart' for tvN in partnership with Studio Dragon.

The loan will strengthen Mega Monster's overall production capabilities and use it to create new content. A Mega Monster official said to Money S, “Short-term borrowing is the operational purpose required to enhance drama production this year.”

Mega Monster, which signed a drama production agreement with Daum Webtoon Company and KBS in June last year, has confirmed 'Friend Contract' and 'Dead Man's Letter' both based on Daum Webtoon Intellectual Property (IP) as part of its production lineup this year.

'Friend Contract', which plans to shoot this month, is a new KBS drama produced based on the webtoon of the same name. From the perspectives of high school students 'Park Chan-hong' and 'Hur Don-hyuk', it depicts the dark side of adolescent love and society. Actor Shin Seung-ho, who starred in the dramas ‘A-TEEN’ and ‘Love Alarm,’ was cast as the male lead.

An official in the content industry said, “Kakao has solidly established a content value chain from IP discovery to casting, production, and distribution through various subsidiaries. If last year was the time to complete the value chain, this year will be a year of delivering various results. It will be exciting.”

926885f1e4904236b768c6a7f5d95506.jpeg?s=

Kim So Hye Confirmed To Be Cast In Upcoming KBS Drama

Jan 28, 2020
by C. Hong

Spoiler

Former I.O.I member and actress Kim So Hye will be leading a new KBS drama!

On January 28, a source from her agency, S&P Entertainment, told OSEN, “Kim So Hye has been cast as the female lead in KBS’s new drama ‘Contract Friendship.'”

“Contract Friendship” (working title) is based on a webtoon of the same name and tells the story of high school students Chan Hong and Don Hyuk, who lead totally different lives. Kim So Hye will be playing the role of senior high school student Uhm Se Yoon, who is the most popular girl at school and has a crush on Chan Hong.

Drama industry insiders also reported that Lee Shin Young, who currently appears on “Crash Landing on You,” had been cast in the lead role of Chan Hong.

The drama is expected to premiere sometime in the first half of 2020.

Source (1) (2)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] How to buy a friend, 계약우정 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Shin Seung Ho, Lee Sin Young & Kim So Hye - Premieres on April 6th

If you enjoyed Moments of 18.... here's another youth drama. 

The main lead actors. Lee Shin Young ( Crash Landing Love) and Shin Seung Ho (Love Alarm,  Moment of 18 - yeah that guy we love to hate and felt sorry)  I'm not familiar with the other actor.  But wait. Kim Do  Wan also part of this drama. He was  also  with SSH in  Moment of 18.  I'm not familiar with the female leads.

I like to check youth dramas and see who's got potential to be a  major star of of the future. Plus if the story and acting and writing is good.

How To Buy A Friend  aka Friend Contract. Premier April 6.

EUkBHCoUUAAhqW2.jpg

From the long teaser looks to  mystery angsty one. I like.

Upcoming KBS 2TV drama “How to Buy a Friend” has shared three ways the drama stands out from others.

Based on a webtoon of the same name, the drama tells the story of an average high school student named Park Chan Hong (played by Lee Shin Young), who starts a “contractual friendship” with the school’s legendary fighter Heo Don Hyuk (played by Shin Seung Ho) after writing a poem.

Here’s why viewers should tune in to “How to Buy a Friend”:

Poems and mysteries

In “How to Buy a Friend,” poems aren’t used as an expression of romance or emotion so much as they are an important medium for the beginning of a mystery. In a previously released trailer, Don Hyuk sees a poem written by Chan Hong and asks him, “Did you kill Shin Seo Jung?” As a result of this incident, the two become contract friends and search for the truth. The drama will at once show viewers the high, edge-of-your-seat tension of a mystery drama as well as the emotions of a youth drama.

The unique premise of a contract friendship

With youth comes growth and friendship. The same goes for “How to Buy a Friend.” However, the friendship in this drama is different, as made apparent by the title. The story starts when Chan Hong and Don Hyuk, who have absolutely nothing in common, make a contract, outlining the things they need from each other.

Poems, webtoons, and a unique soundtrack

“How to Buy a Friend” combines poems with the most trendy medium of story-telling these days, webtoons. Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, the drama takes a story of youth and adds depth with poems. Moreover, the music will add another layer to the drama with director Yoo Young, who is known for using a unique selection of music.

“How to Buy a Friend” premieres April 6 and will be available on Viki.

Source:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1391602wpp/3-reasons-how-to-buy-a-friend-is-a-drama-you-wont-want-to-miss

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] How to buy a friend, 계약우정 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST - Shin Seung Ho, Lee Sin Young & Kim So Hye - Premieres TONIGHT

Premiered an hour ago.  I'll wait for the sub.

Oh wow his 4.29 min  scene below....Winter Sonata feels. From cinemtography to lighting, building the snowman, snowflakes, walking together.And yes, there's bg music. I'm not sure if it's recreating or intentional.

cr kbs yt

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] How to buy a friend, 계약우정 - Mon & Tue @ 22:00 KST

Done with the ep 1. The first scene in the warehouse is the present setting. Park Chang Hong, getting getting hit on the face with a drill because  he's not handing over  what the lady wanted. She said,  to hand it over if don't want your friend to get get hur. Two men restraining Dong Hyuk. Then PCH slump on the floor after the hit.. thengood  transitioned to  Seo Jung fell from the school's rooftop..in an apparent suicide.  From the monalogue,  PCH regret doing the poem. 

The rest of episode  is flashback going back two months ago. How he got got involve doing poem. The reason likely why SJ committed suicide- it seems that was been raped thnen being black mail.

In the flashback Park Chang Hong has a crush on  female lead Um Sae Hyun -prettiest girl in school and all that. They never really talk ot anything.  PCH friend alluded SH and SJ they may have a relationship, which PCH scoff saying they're both girls.  SH seems to be bff with SJ. He  was chosen to represent the school in poem writing competition while SH in the art category.  He was inpsired.  So remembering the snow, the walks, he wrote poem.  He won. he also did.  Her parents could care less while his got celebrated.

The winning poem displayed on the bulletin board has a stanza   "wet sand remembers one's footprints"  DH saw the poem. That particular stanza could be a clue   why SJ commited suicide. DH wants to know about that poem if PCH wrote it, copy it, got it from someone. It seems there was something between SJ and DH, he remembers being out  with friends, then SJ calliing his cell, I think.  Then saw the news  that female high school student found dead in the flowerbed of the school.  It's SJ.

SH kept the phone of SJ along with letters she'tried to unlock SJ phone  thats's whens he saw vidie file of SJ being sexually blackmail. By who? I don' know.

I don't know the actors here except SSH but  this is ony 8 episodes short one.

I like the lovely cinematography and the winter scenes.

cto

cto

cto

I liked the both episodes.

I didnt expect those beautiful scenes in the snowy environment.

I also like these scenes by the sea.

This story around SJ is serious and scary.

But, CH and KP make me laugh.

I like that DH became their friend too.

I didnt understand how that woman find out there was a recording.

Did SJ send her the recording.

23 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Did SJ send her the recording.

@rocher22 I thought about this. You're right. who sent the video? It's in her phone.  SJ was being filmed. Maybe for blackmail? Dong Hyuk's going to be enrage once he see's the video.  He's been looking for SJ's phone.last scenes, the phone feel from Chan Hong's while running on the field.

Finished episode 2.  Rumors about Seo Jung (  I think online dating/ dating older men, using "Mithra"????) was  posted on student  online message board and spread quickly. Sae Yun  told Seo Jung she doesn't believe but she can't even look in her eyes. Seo Jung walks away feeling that her best friend actually believe in the rumors. Seo Jung walks away  Before the suicide, she left her phone in Sae Hyun's locker. Last text she sent to Sae Hyun " "wet sand remembers one's footprints"  is also the text she  sent to  Dong Hyuk. Because that line was part of the poem PCH wrote, Dong Hyuk thinks, Chan Hong has something to do with SJ death, but he explained he just though of it, it came to his mind and the day Seo Jung fell from the rooftop,  he saw her with the pink phone. That phone  is with Sae Hyun she told Chan Hong about this... because, again the line from the poem.

There was a scene Seo Jung  looks to have bee drugged and then dragged by someone (I think it's Kim Do Wan's character) through an alleyway. Seo Jung was  druggd and rape. Sae hyun saw the video.  Chan hong has the phone now. Chang Hong however hasn't seen the video. His friend wanted to give the phone to Dong Huk, Chan Hong refuses. Message from a guy asking to meet with Seo Jung. Of couse not aware SJ is dead). This gave them a change to trace who the person.  I got confused on the part why Dong Hyuk was wit them going to Seoul.

About the rumor  I'm suspicious about other friend wearing the glassess.  She receive a message from Mithra.. and  she looks  nervous.

Wondering how DH will react once he sees the video o what happened to SJ.

Once again the this drama as beutiful cinematography, the ligthing, even the camera angle

cr:

EVFv8WKUUAg38Qk.jpg

cto:

cto:

That was ugly when CH left SY in that cafe with that school bully.

CH struggled with himself and he knew it was wrong.

Anyway, it was sad when SY realized what it was about.

Still, Im glad she forgave him.

He defended her a second time.

I liked that CH was wary at the time, so he called DH first.

Cute...:)

I hope they get justice for SJ in the end. I don’t know how school kids can pursue this but that lady with the cigarette needs to spend some serious time in jail if she’s behind what happened to student SJ. It really disturbs me to see that teenagers can’t even rely on or turn to adults to help and protect them. 

Its a little weird that CH didnt review SJs phone.

I thought someone pushed SJ, not that she jumped alone.

I think SJ was forced to be with men.

Like those other girls.

That organization is cruel and it is presented in a realistic way.

@celebriannaHopefully the guy who dragged SJ will be punished too.

@rocher22, perhaps CH didn’t have the password to SJ’s phone. Remember SY had to try different passwords to get in and then guessed it’s her birthday.

I wonder too if SY jumped. The day when CH saw her and she helped him look for his phone she seemed okay. However, I’m not sure if it’s the same day she died. In any case, I don’t know how exactly she got caught up in this situation especially since she had a boyfriend. It almost seemed that she went somewhere to meet someone but something went wrong or it was a setup and then we see her being dragged and she took that video of cigarette lady. So, was she really involved in some dark business or not? I guess we will see in the upcoming episodes.

I expected SY to mention the recording when she gave the phone to CH.

It would make sense if they talked about it.

This hypnosis scene was fun.

That chase with those rugby players  was unexpected and made me laugh.

Poor CH...when he saw that phone on the grass.

Although I think DH was disappointed too because they lied to him.

@rocher22, CH definitely seems unaware of the recording. I don’t know how much SY has told him. I don’t get CH’s reason for not telling DH. So what if SY had the phone all along. She never knew of DH so all CH has to do is tell DH that SJ left the phone with SY who has been keeping it safe all this time. 

Yes, it was stupid that CH didnt tell DH about the phone.

I like DH except for his behavior at the bus stop.

Clearly, he was worried about SJ.

But, at that moment he didnt know how to help her. 

I liked that game when CH and SY were walking along the coast.

That was so innocent...:)

@rocher22, I like DH too. I like all three boys except I was very disappointed in CH for setting SY up without her knowledge with the bully. I understand he was afraid but it was like he was sacrificing SY for his safety.

I still don’t get why kids don’t tell their parents about bullies. It’s something I have never understood perhaps because of the society I grew up in where when the kids are in the wrong, not only are they physically punished by their teachers, their parents finish up the job when that kid goes home. I know it kept me from getting into trouble because it’s double punishment. :sweatingbullets:

Archived