[Drama 2020] How to buy a friend, 계약우정

0ly40

Oh not Seo Jung phone.  How will Dong Hyuk react  to the rape video?

The phone slipped from Chan Hong's pocket while getting tackled.

cr:

I keep posting cinematography is well done. They  must have use bluish flare cos you notice it.  The angle  and framing and the lighting. The focus like bokeh is good.

cr:

cr:

@rocher22, actually I was talking about CH telling his parents. The boy was being daily beaten to a pulp like nobody’s business and he didn’t tell his parents. All the other students as well did nothing...not even report it anonymously to a teacher if they were afraid. 

I also find it disturbing how the school administration is sucking up to that sketchy cigarette woman who is donating to their school.Like, don’t they perform background checks on their donors?

Episode 5-6 later.

If you’re missing the ever-charming Lee Shin Young, who appeared as Park Kwang Beom in “Crash Landing on You,” then you’ve probably heard about his new leading role in KBS 2TV’s “How to Buy a Friend.” Packed with mystery, high school romance, and certain chaos that always seems to appear in dramas that take place in a small town, “How to Buy a Friend” is a great drama to watch when you need something new to do in quarantine.

The story follows Park Chan Hong (Lee Shin Young), an average student who gets caught up in a contractual friendship with his enigmatic classmate Heo Don Hyuk (Shin Seung Ho). Don Hyuk is known for his fighting abilities and is rather intimidating to everyone, especially Chan Hong. However, Chan Hong needs his help after he becomes the target of another bully who wants to be involved with Chan Hong’s friend/crush, Uhm Se Yoon (Kim So Hye). As the drama progresses, it is discovered that the characters have intertwined fates that lead back to a former classmate named Shin Seo Jung (Jo Yi Hyun).

Warning: spoilers for the premiere episodes below and mentions of suicide. 

More:   https://www.soompi.com/article/1393089wpp/4-things-we-loved-1-thing-we-hated-about-the-premiere-of-how-to-buy-a-friend

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] How to buy a friend, 계약우정

@celebrianna Yes episode 7-8.. but will wait for the sub ( thanks viki!) 

I just finished 5-6  and about the poem?  It's  the clue to the ordeal she went through. Chan Hong talking yo Dong Hyuk in the alleway,  where they can see a lot ofg signage. And right on spot he wable to come up with a poemusing sign boards.. then he told  Dong Hyuk how both girls  used to  plays the signboard game.  Seo Jung.. sent the clues as poem to  Dong Hyuk and Sae Yun.  There was "footprint"  then "Memory" then " Cafe Sand". These are sign boards where she was  when she was drugged and dragged.

And as we know Seo Jung sent the poem to Dong Hyuk and Sae Yun. I only realise the clue was in the poem.

credit:

Seo Jung wrote a poem for  Dong Hyuk.  Poem brings out emotions.

"The Child"

credit:

Yes this drama good. short   but good. The cinematographer  and director should be recognized. Once again, the way scenes are shot, the  camera angles, the backdrop.. it's beautiful (see page 1)

And  you gotta watch the video  from the tweet below.  Yup.

credit:

@jongski, if you hadn’t pointed out the camera work in that video, I wouldn’t have appreciated it like I do now. ^_^ 

I finished watching this show and I admit I shed some tears in various scenes. One of the things pointed out that I mentioned before is why the other kids in the class never reports the bullying. Even anonymously would be good. In any case, it’s sad that because of this issue an innocent girl lost her life. I get really upset when I think of that fact alone. 

The good side of the story is that DH gained some wonderful friends. Actually, all five teenagers gained friends and they should now be able to grow and strengthen their bonds. They look like they’ve been doing just that by the end of the show. 

After you guys watch the episodes, what is your opinion of CH argument that the victim of the bully should have reached out for help vs his classmates proactively helping him when they saw him bullied?

This was just a short drama. As mentioned throughout all the post, cinematography was beautiful.  Very aesthetis. I'm sure if any viewer was to check this, they will say the same.  The story was good. The edit too. Though for me it wasn't that deep or the depth I'm looking for ismissing unlike  my favorite SBS "Condition of 17 yr old" ( 2eps) or   KBS "Page Turner "(3eps) or OnStyle "Because it's the First Time  (8eps) even something like  KBS "We All Cry Differently" (1 ep).  I'm confused about the adult parts. Or maybe I don't get it. Could've  have been longer. and showcase some more of the gorgeous cinematography.  This is more about friendship. Of course this is was adapted from a webtoon. Not familiar (cos I reas a diff type of webtoon... haha). It's nice to see knetz appreciatinh this short drama because. Over all drama was really  good. It's like if you're waiting to for a major drama, you can watch this one first.

cr:

cr:

cr:

@jongski one of the things I thought was really weird in the story is the absence of adults in the criminal part of the storyline as well as the absence of teachers in the school bullying. It’s not like the bullying only took place in dark corners or even outside the school. These things happened in the school where teachers work. In my high school, somebody fighting meant the teachers were immediately notified and appropriate punishment meted out. Here, it’s like the teachers have no idea what’s going on in their school although the bullying took place in open areas where other students witnessed it. Even with the guy who tried to attack the bully with a knife, we saw no scene with the teachers reprimanding him or investigating the trouble. All of that part was odd.

• 2 months later...

This is a very popular topic. Cyberbullying is a global social problem that needs a solution. I recently read a cool article  https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/cyber-bullying/ on this topic and I realized that our society is a complex mechanism. I recommend creating legislation that will help the cyber police solve this issue.

Archived