Genre: Melodrama

Airdate: June 1st - July 21st, 2020

Airtime: Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST

Director: Kwon Young Il

Writer: Kim Eun Jung

Official site:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/myfamily/

Story:

As people get older, they have less time to spend with their families and separately live their own lives. They become to meet someone who they share their time, feelings, and even their secrets. Under this circumstance, the family becomes like strangers and people in relationships become like family.

Cast:

My-Unfamiliar-Family2.jpg

Han Ye Ri as Kim Eun Hee

She is the second daughter in a family. She is tender and thoughtful. She easily trusts people. Kim Eun-Hee works at publishing company.

My-Unfamiliar-Family5.jpg

Kim Ji Suk as Park Chan Hyeok

She plays her college friend of 15 years with whom she has a bickering relationship. He has a carefree, independent personality and confronts

My-Unfamiliar-Family4.jpg

Choo Ja Hyun as Kim Eun Joo

She plays Han’s sister and is the eldest daughter of the family. She’s a former patent attorney who’s a prickly, harsh realist. All of her decisions in life are based on rationality and logic. reality head-on

Jung Jin Youn as Kim Sang Sik
 Won Mi Kyung as Lee Jin Sook
Shin Jae Ha as Kim Ji Woo

Supporting Cast

Kim Tae Hoon as Yoon Tae Hyung
Shin Hye Jung as Yoon Seo Young
Shin Dong Wook as Im Gun Joo
Lee Jong Won as Ahn Hyo Suk
Bae Yoon Kyung
Jo Wan Ki

Other Poster:

EUS8WZNN6YCJX2VX27UI.jpg

Teasers:

Spoiler

Press Conference:

OST:

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

Update #4 - New rule: "No Instagram embedded posts

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] We are family, 가족입니다 - Han Ye Ri - Premieres in first half
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Han Ye-ri confirmed for new tvN family drama

source: Dramabeans

TVN has announced a new drama in the works called (I Don’t Know Much, But) We Are Family. The synopsis depicts a complex drama focused on relationships between friends who are like family, and family who are like strangers, with all the misunderstandings and understandings in between. Han Ye-ri (Nokdu Flower) has confirmed that she will be starring in the drama; she’ll be taking on the role of a publishing company employee who is the second oldest daughter in her family.

As the middle child, she who occupies a unique position in her family’s sibling hierarchy. Perhaps because of her upbringing, she’s tenderhearted and she easily trusts in people. Furthermore, because of how considerate and sincere she is, she’s served as the “Ask Amy” of her social circles. Han Ye-ri’s character has always been willing to listen and give considered advice to her acquaintances since she was in school. During the drama, she has to navigate the ups-and-downs of an unexpected breakup, a surprising new meeting, and changes that upend her entire family.

The drama’s premise around the quotidien aspects of familial bonds begins with the concept of growth. As children grow up, they usually end up spending less time with their parents and may they grow apart as they try to set out and live their own lives. In due course, they create new bonds with peoplewho they can share their secrets with. Sometimes, friends can know us better than family–and maybe even better than we know ourselves.

Director Kwon Young-il (Search Query: WWW) and writer Kim Eun-jung (Flower Boy Next Door) have teamed up to create (I Don’t Know Much, But) We Are Family, so I’m expecting a heartwarming slice-of-life type of drama. This tvN drama will air sometime in the beginning half of this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kim Ji Suk To Join Han Ye Ri And Chu Ja Hyun In Upcoming tvN Drama

Kim Ji Suk To Join Han Ye Ri And Chu Ja Hyun In Upcoming tvN Drama

Feb 16, 2020
by J. Lim

Kim Ji Suk will be appearing in a new drama!

On February 17, tvN’s upcoming drama “(Although We Don’t Know Much) We Are a Family” (literal title) announced that Kim Ji Suk would be joining the cast and explained, “Kim Ji Suk has the ability to bring characters to life in a charming and fun way, and he will continue to shine in our drama.”

In “(Although We Don’t Know Much) We Are a Family,” Kim Ji Suk will take on the role of Park Chan Hyuk, a college friend of Kim Eun Hee (Han Ye Ri) who is like family. Thanks to his parents, he is able to think outside the box and doesn’t tie himself down to traditions, and he is also highly observant and can pick up on how people really feel fairly quickly.

Park Chan Hyuk will also be someone who is willing to become Kim Eun Hee’s relationship coach to get her back into the world of dating. As someone who is very realistic, he has put aside his dream of becoming a photographer and leads the company he established, Golden Goose Media.

“(Although We Don’t Know Much) We Are a Family” will be a story of the understanding and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family and family who are like strangers. Kim Ji Suk now joins a cast that includes Han Ye Ri and Chu Ja Hyun, and the drama will premiere in the first half of 2020.

I was intrigued by so many good names atacked to this project but I was not sure if I want to see another family drama. I like that it is a slice of drama but I still hope it is not like clasical family dramas on other networks. But even if it is I decided to watch. Too many good names to miss.

1 hour ago, larus said:

I was intrigued by so many good names atacked to this project but I was not sure if I want to see another family drama. I like that it is a slice of drama but I still hope it is not like clasical family dramas on other networks. But even if it is I decided to watch. Too many good names to miss.

This is TVN , so I’m intrigued that they are going for a family drama . But i don’t think it would have the same vibes as those kbs weekenders given it’s  just 16 eps 

7 hours ago, triplem said:

This is TVN , so I’m intrigued that they are going for a family drama . But i don’t think it would have the same vibes as those kbs weekenders given it’s  just 16 eps 

If it is a 16 episodes drama, the better. I don`t have anything against a long drama if it is writen well. But not many family weekend dramas are interesting for me. 

I prefere this drama than the other star-studded drama that it is makjang. You know which one. ;)

I see that the writer is Kim Eun-Jung. I saw just her movies Gabi and Il Mare. Why she did not offer my girl KSY a role in her drama? Maybe my wish to see Soyeon with Kim Tae Hoon in a drama together  it would have become reality this year. Well... Maybe another time. :)

It is nice to see Kim Ji Suk again so soon too. I knew I saw Shin Dong Wook in a drama but I could not remember which one. :D I saw him in drama "Live". I like the actresses as well. It is nice to like the cast and the plot.

It looks like it will be broadcast in May. Looking forward.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] (We don't know much, but) We are family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST - Han Ye Ri, Kim Ji Suk, Shin Dong Wook - Premieres on May 18th

Photos from first script read for tvN’s My Unfamiliar Family

by tineybeanie

unfamfamily.jpg

Upcoming tvN drama My Unfamiliar Family, previously known as (I Don’t Know Much, But) We Are Family, held its first script read on March 25. The drama is about family dynamics, and the relationships between biological family who are more like strangers, chosen families, and the misunderstandings that happen in between. As children grow up, time spent with their parents decreases, their unsaid secrets increase, and eventually they grow apart. My Unfamiliar Family seeks to pull apart these complex, bittersweet relationships and show how they naturally evolve over time in a realistic way.

At the center of My Unfamiliar Family, Han Ye-ri (Nokdu Flower) plays the optimistic second daughter for whom thoughtful consideration is automatic. Kim Ji-suk (When the Camellia Blooms) plays her college friend of 15 years with whom she has a bickering relationship. He has a carefree, independent personality and confronts reality head-on. Shin Dong-wook (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2) plays the senior vice president at the publishing company where Han Ye-ri works.

unfamfamily2.jpg

Chu Ja-hyun (Arthdal Chronicles) plays Han’s sister and is the eldest daughter of the family. She’s a former patent attorney who’s a prickly, harsh realist. All of her decisions in life are based on rationality and logic. Her husband will be played by Kim Tae-hoon (Kingdom 2), whose character is the eldest son in a family with a long line of doctors. Shin Jae-ha (VIP) plays Han and Chu’s younger brother, the energetic maknae and mood-maker of the family.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/03/photos-from-first-script-read-for-tvns-my-unfamiliar-family/

Chu Ja Hyun Thanks Kim Hye Soo For Showing Support For Her Upcoming Drama

Mar 28, 2020
by J. Lim

Chu Ja Hyun Thanks Kim Hye Soo For Showing Support For Her Upcoming Drama

Kim Hye Soo showed love for fellow actress Chu Ja Hyun and her new drama!

On March 28, Chu Ja Hyun took to her personal Instagram account to share photos of the coffee truck that Kim Hye Soo had sent with the caption, “To Kim Hye Soo, someone I respect so much and love, thank you.”

The photos show Chu Ja Hyun in front of the coffee truck, standing next to a banner that reads, “To all the cast and crew of ‘We Are a Family,’ please enjoy a warm cup of coffee. From Kim Hye Soo.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1390963wpp/chu-ja-hyun-thanks-kim-hye-soo-for-showing-support-for-her-upcoming-drama

• 2 weeks later...

New Drama “My Unfamiliar Family” Reveals Awkward “Family Photo” Poster Of Han Ye Ri, Kim Ji Suk, + More

Apr 17, 2020
by E. Cha
d046141c93b541628c9e13b577386947.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Unfamiliar Family” has unveiled its first poster!

“My Unfamiliar Family” will tell the story of the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family—and family who are like strangers. In the drama, the characters find themselves growing apart from their families as they get older, and their secrets pile up as they have a hard time opening up to those who are closest to them. On the other hand, they also learn that sometimes, life introduces you to strangers who can share and understand your deepest emotions and secrets.

On April 17, the upcoming drama released a poster that features its stars smiling awkwardly at the camera, as if wearing forced smiles for a family photo. Despite each harboring his or her own hidden emotional wounds and secrets, the drama’s leads try to smile brightly and crowd together snugly as the caption asks, “Is our relationship kind of awkward?”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1394793wpp/new-drama-my-unfamiliar-family-reveals-awkward-family-photo-poster-of-han-ye-ri-kim-ji-suk-chu-ja-hyun-shin-jae-ha-more

pril 23 2020

Main poster for tvN drama series “My Unfamiliar Family”

My_Unfamiliar_Family-tp1.jpg

Here’s a main poster for upcoming tvN drama series “My Unfamiliar Family” (English title) starring Han Ye-Ri & Kim Ji-Suk. The main poster features Han Ye-Ri, Kim Ji-Suk, Choo Ja-HyunShin Jae-HaJung Jin-Young, and Won Mi-Kyung. Caption on the poster states “Strangers like family, Family like Strangers.” Five of the people on the poster play family members, while Kim Ji-Suk plays a friend of Kim Eun-Hee (Han Ye-Ri). Below are the first two still images of Han Ye-Ri in the drama series.

“My Unfamiliar Family” is now set to first air June 1, 20202 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/main-poster-for-tvn-drama-series-my-unfamiliar-family

Han Ye Ri, Kim Ji Suk, And More Are Both Together And Apart In Main Poster For “My Unfamiliar Family”

Apr 23, 2020
by L. Kim
caffe1e5ba11497aa21c5f61196c83f9.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Unfamiliar Family” has unveiled a new poster featuring the main cast!

“My Unfamiliar Family” will tell the story of the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family—and family who are like strangers.

In the drama, the characters find themselves growing apart from their families as they get older, and their secrets pile up as they have a hard time opening up to those who are closest to them. On the other hand, they also learn that sometimes, life introduces you to strangers who can share and understand your deepest emotions and secrets.

On April 23, the drama released a main poster that shows the six main characters looking in different directions. Jung Jin Young’s head is turned towards his family, but he somehow looks lonely. Won Mi Kyung warmly smiles at her children with her back turned to Jung Jin Young. Chu Ja Hyun looks to be in deep thought, while Han Ye Ri is smiling broadly. Shin Jae Ha watches his family from one step away, and Kim Ji Suk stands nearby as a reliable friend.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1396147wpp/han-ye-ri-kim-ji-suk-and-more-are-both-together-and-apart-in-main-poster-for-my-unfamiliar-family

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on June 1st

It is not Yoon Park that is in that still posted by @0ly40 ...it is Shin Dong Wook whom  I also like very much. Nice to see him back after all the controversy that forced him to leave Touch Your Heart last year just as it was nearing the airing date. Where's oppa KJS in the 1st teaser though @icemaid

Shin Jae Ha takes us BTS for the poster shoot

Archived