[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

Finally all caught up! 

VP GF did some detective work. Shes so annoying. Yes EH is in the wrong but I just hate passive aggressiveness, no need for that for her position! 

Whatever,  I'm over EH VP. It was never wise to start and we all saw that from a mile away. 

Still curious about Dad and the other kid. Currently the person I feel bad the most is EJ and the least is mom. Prob will change next week, and as the series goes on. 

I'll wait for next week for all that EH CH feels. Fingers crossed! 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, lalalaelala said:

Finally all caught up! 

VP GF did some detective work. Shes so annoying. Yes EH is in the wrong but I just hate passive aggressiveness, no need for that for her position! 

I saw a silly little drama called Mute just before I started watching this and it starred the actress who played the VP GF and she was adorable. So I'm kinda rooting for her!

22 hours ago, Nodame said:

Family being important and relationships as part of a Confucian society, no wonder divorce is not considered desirable. Seeing this more of as a norm representing divorce in dramas, we see the toll on the actual victims and those around them. I enjoyed those dramas and glad you saw them too!

I agree talking to family is important with communication.

Hide contents

I had a tough time with my dad. I finally got sick of years of taking his verbal attacks and not nice comments. It was tough and emotional . I feel better but at the time I felt I went through hell. We are still working on communications but work in progress. You cannot expect a tiger to lose his stripes overnight. 

Thoughts on this episode :

I am just curious as to why Korea has a strong hold of Confucianism which came from China. Why does Korean culture still have to hold onto this old philosophy? But I haven't done much research on how much Confucianism impacts the Korean culture. Dramas may or may not depict reality sometimes...

Spoiler

I feel you. I'm having a tough time with my mom and I learned that I have never drawn boundaries between her and me. So I'm using the time to figure out what I really like and what I need to do before my mom criticizes me, making me feel pathetic. It's really important for me to communicate with myself before I can communicate with her. It's good to hear that the communication between your father and you is in a work in progress. It gives me hope for the relationship I have with my mom 

22 hours ago, Nodame said:

(My heart was torn for JS the mom to realize her own value in the family is not much more than that money saved by dad to repay EJ. :tears:

My heart was torn. And I was even more sad that she walked into the room, closed the door and cried silently. Again, she covered her mouth to not be heard!!! 

15 hours ago, larus said:

I want that for her so much. It was so hard for her all those years. She loves her family and she decicated all these years to her family but I want to find her own identity and her own happiness. Even if he will accept again Sang Shik she should find what makes her happy. Her kids are grown up now.

Yes same sentiments with you! I also want the same for my mom, too. :tears:

9 hours ago, blue003 said:

All of the above reasons plus the non communication ended up in building resentments in the marriage. Both the adults are equally responsible for things to end up this way. Maybe the best way to move forward is a clean break. Let the parents take a break from each other and the children and then decide later on whether to reconcile or not.

I totally agree with you. Any unresolved thoughts and feelings will build up and that is why the adults are in the graduation stage! It's so messy

--------

My favorite scene in ep 8 was the confrontation among the mother in-law and EJ and TH. 

Spoiler

46sQaqD.jpg

I think it is a significant that both females sit upright while TH is cross legged and looks laid back.

The chair that the mother in-law sat on symbolizes power. 

fthOaBx.jpg

The way she decided to pour the cup all the way emphasized the mother in-law's power. I loved how EJ confidently said she will drink coffee. And we also know from an earlier episode that she recently went back to drinking coffee..maybe it's because of work, but also she knows her own preferences. :heart:

Xh2nPZD.jpg

When the mother in-law leaves, EJ is alone cleaning up while thinking about her first encounters with TH. It's so bittersweet and that's when she says her honest feelings towards TH. 

q6sjgb6.jpg

Again, TH sits on that chair which symbolizes power. Both TH and his mom are holding EJ down with their power. What makes TH slightly different from his mom is that he's a little bit more understanding of EJ. EJ is the only one who can hold her ground down and I love how she's confident even though she may seem cold.

EJ's eyes welling up :tears:

Spoiler

4YW0Xyd.png

My Unfamiliar Family: Episode 7

by quirkycase

MUF07-00257.jpg

The more our amnesiac father learns about his past behaviors and interactions, the more horrified he becomes. It’s hard to reconcile the fanciful, romantic 22-year-old with his later angry, bitter self. He may not be able to take back his actions, but he can try to make amends and do better now. The family is going through a lot of changes, and it’s going to take time for everyone to adjust to the new dynamics.

EPISODE 7

MUF07-00068.jpgMUF07-00061.jpg

In the car, Chan-hyuk shares his first memory of meeting Eun-joo. When he and Jong-min were over at her place a lot to help watch Ji-woo while their dad was hospitalized, he noticed her sobbing alone in the park. Minutes later, she came inside like nothing was wrong.

Eun-joo doesn’t remember but thinks most people cry alone. Chan-hyuk points out that Eun-hee calls everyone to let them know. Ha. Eun-joo can’t understand her, but Chan-hyuk suggests she try it out; she can cry to him, if she wants. Eun-joo smiles but states she probably won’t.

Chan-hyuk encourages her to look at the wedding photos he returned to her. They may help her deal with emotions she’s burying. He steps out of the car to find Ji-woo and Seo-young staring. He ushers Seo-young away while Ji-woo hops in his sister’s car.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/my-unfamiliar-family-episode-7/

@ponderings Another illuminating post in the space along with the characters. I really enjoy them. :heart:

I recall a chat with my Korean American roomie in college. She disliked Confucius because Korean women status in society was weakened thanks to it. My mom loves Korean dramas because they are more traditional and hold the values while she notes not the same anymore in Chinese culture.

Spoiler

My mom, feels with the Cultural Revolution in China a generation or two definitely lost the old Confucian stronghold of values . 

I am no expert of Confucian values but I had to live under them my whole life while growing up in the USA.

I remember on trip to NYC, my father 73 needed to use the restroom at the Korean restaurant (casual fast food) in ktown. There was a line and he waited with the young men, but instead they motioned to let him go ahead of them. ( This never happens in a Chinese restaurant). He was impressed. When we were in Korea, my close Korean friend's cousin walked with my dad and held his arm to walk around and cross the street. ( He loved the attention.) My Korean language partner when he met my mom, stood up to greet her. (She was touched.) 

Emphasis ok the family and importance of the family unit. Parents help kids even beyond paying their education, they help with buying their apartment and financially . If times are tough, everyone pitches in. Recently a close friend Korean married an American . Her mom gave the majority of their down payment to help them. She didn’t understand that the American in laws wouldn’t contribute a penny to help their son to stop renting and buy property. It baffled her. 

High RE costs kids don’t move out as quickly as in the USA . So not uncommon that young working adults live at home. So to have private times with partners /gf/bf love hotels/ short term rental hotels serve that purpose.

@larus Thanks for the Dramabeans recap . I think we all def want happiness for mom. I was upset for her after EJ harsh words to her to go to her room and cry covering her mouth to not be heard. It hurt so much to see her in such pain.

@Nymeria289 Mom needs to take a break STAT, totally agree! But will she do that still remains to be seen. 

@blue003 Amen it takes two to tangle and the demise of their relationship without mutual respect, communication only fostered their suppressed and passive/aggressive behavior towards disappointment and unhappiness. Having lasted this long, even rage and resentment to each other that graduation from marriage was necessary. Just ignoring the elephant in the room doesn’t make it go away.

EJ in a way was right Mom planned her graduation as TH planned letting EJ know of his sexuality and left his laptop for her to find. (EJ disliked EH saw it.) To the other party it is very shocking and upsetting , really dad couldn’t see it coming? She put up with everything and was done. TH wanted to stop living a lie and was angry at himself being unable to reciprocate EJ’s feelings for him.

@blue003 Agreed that the fact you start tallying in a relationship is not healthy. I understand harmony and balance but it can lead to resentment as we are seeing right now.

@lalalaelala Mr Player’s gf/not ex? Dang she confronted EH in the passive aggressive way I agree . Reading his email and even later using his cell to call EH to harass her, the GF is definitely a dishing out her revenge. The fact she commented her taunts or words were not refuted by EH, led her to conclude EH didn’t want gossip at work. Both are not right and overhearing Mr player didn’t let her do 3 yrs ago she has to do what he did to her. They deserve each other and thank god EH will get out ASAP!

@Nodame Thanks for always supporting my visual analysis posts :heart: and thanks for sharing about your experience and other people's experiences with Confucianism. Some of thing I can relate to because it deals with the actions that I've been taught ever since I was young. Sometimes I don't even know that certain actions I do is out of Confucian thought. 

I think we can see that the females in this family drama are pressured and have no space to voice their true thoughts. In other words, they are oppressed and we can see that in EJ's situation. 

Spoiler

I know that Gong Yoo and Jung Yumi recently came out with a film Kim Ji-Young: 1982. As far as the articles and promotions I read, the film deals with feminist issues and it digs deeper into gender discrimination. I am going to watch it after this drama ends.

My general critique about actions coming from a Confucian belief is: Is it coming from love or is it coming out of obedience? I will act accordingly to what my heart says, but I would not try to do it out of obedience, which from my perspective is not genuine. I guess that defines my Asian American identity which differs from my mom's Asian/Confucian perspective. My dad has a mixture of both as he grew up in the states. It's a really hard line to draw, but I can only rely on my intuition. What feels right for me! 

Ep. 9 Preview (translated)

http://program.tving.com/tvn/myfamily/9/Board/List

Eun-Hee finds out about the secret they'd intended to keep buried for the rest of their lives. Jin-Sook and Eun-Joo go the neighborhood she lived in a long time ago.

A married couple who are friends from college come to Chan-Hyeok's studio to get photos taken for their child's 1st birthday. He begins to think about the things that happened back then with Eun-Hee.

Geon-Joo takes a long break from his job. Eun-Hee vows to clean up her complicated thoughts.

When Sang-Sik regains his memories, he goes to the nursing home where Jin-Sook volunteers.

@ponderings Anytime my dear! :heart1: I have grappled with living with the Confucian beliefs. My bro has minimal, my sis is Americanized and I am the only one holding down the fort this generation showing Filial piety etc. As women it is tough and very sexist beliefs ( I feel and dislike).

Spoiler

I am the oldest and only one who speaks Chinese to my parents. My siblings do not and do not care to cater to the parents. I try my best to do the filial piety beliefs as best as I can. It is very second nature and I don't think about it. 

Respect to elders, Check (though dang hard with my dad as I mentioned before)

Keeping face in public (check)

Catering to elders (this case my parents---translating their documents, going to the bank, pharmacy etc with them and grocery runs when them come into town to visit)

I have been taking them since their retirement (and before) out on a vacation once a year and a trip to NYC as well (dad likes NYC) since 2006 ish. (I almost lost both my parents at that time.) Thanks to my brother and sister, I took them to China in 2010 and Korea (latter cause mom likes Korean dramas and she knew I could take her around) It was a three week trip and my sibs did NOT want to go with me. (#1 reason our DAD).  They had no gone back to the old country since leaving my mom at 14 and dad at 21. They had at that time been 46/48 years in North America. Mom straight to USA and dad with his family in Canada then later came to USA.

So I try my best but like I said I had that blow out with my dad (seemed like for me) and it was tough. But trying daily to maintain a balance of happiness for myself.

I heard of that Gong Yoo movie from my Korean friend also SOOMPI articles of Netizens not happy with some Idols writing or supporting the movie . I want to watch it too! (I went to a women's college.) I don't know why people think feminism is such a dirty word. It is not. 

@chickfactor  Thanks for the translated preview of the next episode. OH my! More background on CH while he was away /dropped by EH (those five years). Makes sense why JW is protective of CH hyung as he kept in touch with him and worked for him in secret.  So many secrets in this family.

@Nodame I am the youngest out of three daughters. I am sort of filial but not to a concrete extent. I am still figuring out my career. I thought being at home will solve family problems, but it has a took a toll on my emotional energy! Watching this drama highlights the problem within a televised family and also helps me to see the problems in mine, too. Of course, I can't fix everything. I can only observe and stand my own ground.

Spoiler

Both of my sisters are Americanized but growing up, they carried the brunt of responsibilities, which, in your terms, is helping elders to translate documents and accompany them to places.. They learned to draw their boundaries and move out. My second sister is quite logical and she knows when to draw the line to keep a healthy relationship with mom. I got off easy with the responsibilities, but I always thought my physical presence will soothe my mom's longing for my two older sisters. I realized four years later that I can't and I never will because I'm not my sisters.

It sounds like you're carrying a lot in your family especially when you're the oldest. I will never understand since I've been spoiled. I can only wish that you continue to find a balance of happiness for yourself and please know that you matter! 

Keeping face in public as a Confucian value is one I can't stomach. It indicates that elders can't deal with shame. And I learned this from writer Emily X.R. Pan, "Did you know the term 'losing face' first came into the English language via British community trading in China in the 1800s? It makes sense, doesn't it? 丟臉。The worst thing that could happen, according to our elders." If you have the time, check out her book called "The Astonishing Color of After." It's quite healing.

Big hugs to you @ponderings :heart4:

Awww families, we all have drama. Never a dull moment indeed. I think and agree the beauty of this drama as we all can see that no FAMILY has perfection or no issues. It is that realism that resonates plus all families have secrets. 

Spoiler

You too---you matter and I hope you find peace with yourself and your relationship with your mom.

Love your suggestions,  the song you suggested so powerful and well done. Very poignant and sad. Ooh I definitely want to read that book By Emily Pan.

Gosh my mom and dad always mentioned 丟臉/ loss of face a lot growing up. Interesting about the roots of this term, not surprised as Britain was in Southern China/ took Hong Kong as a colonial, this term would be mentioned alot I am sure at that time by the Gov't and literati. It would be a matter of time the "gwai lo" would need to learn the term.

You are right, as the eldest and only one who is knowledgeable of the Asian Culture, balancing East and West is not easy. I never moved away far from my parents (ie another state or another country) as I did not want my limited VACATION to go home. I rather they be for actual VACATIONS. I had a good heart to heart with my mom --mom and daughter trip a few years back for my bday about 9 years ago. The best gift for myself as I had a lovely time bonding and sharing with my mom. I am blessed to have her and she has outlived both her parents. Mom to cancer and dad to heart attack and rest to the Cultural Revolution. She mentioned very distant relatives she is not close to. But she said her own grandmother was verbally toxic. She learned to ignore and to take her seriously. She would say mean things for no reason and did not matter if my mom was right  or wrong /good or naughty. No wonder she has will of steel against my dad. She does not complain or nag. 

So seeing my parents together I marvel how they got together. But I guess opposites attract and my dad per my mom did not show is nagging/complaining etc to her while they were dating.

I cannot wait to see CH's memories of EH. Also now that dad has his memories back FOR REAL, what will he do? The fact he goes to the senior center where mom volunteers, will he cause trouble/chaos? I wonder. He did look a bit mad/crazed in that scene in the preview.

I feel bad for the eldest child but at the same time...I don't really like her. She is too harsh. You don't need to say everything that comes to mind sometimes you can wait. And she is not in her parents relationship so I am sure a lot of the stuff we have seen as viewers she has not seen so for her to judge her mom they way she does is honestly annoying. I understand her anger but at the same time... the bitterness (towards her family not her husband because that is super justified) is a lot. More specifically with her sister and bother. I understand that no family is perfect and everyone isn't not the best terms with their family but I kind of wish she would try to be more understanding. 

@Sirry Usly I agree she was harsh.  But you know every family has all these kinds of people. Later EJ did say she was not proud of what she said to mom, but STILL she said it and made mom cry. EJ just without filter thinks what she says is right and NEEDs to be said like TOUGH LOVE. She doesn't believe in sugar coating --so we know how that caused EH to not talk to her for 5 years. She wanted an ear and of course (she is NO CH --who but EJ her sister).  People cannot change over night and are like that. Not like she is vicious or cruel, she just has this sense of right and wrong. (Her bluntness and lack of filter to soften what she says doesn't help at all.) I believe she only does this with close family and friends. As we know, she knows enough with relations and colleagues they are not aware. CH is still not that close to her and he did not believe EH when she said EJ unni's words can CUT you down. In fact, CH was disbelieving.

But her character as she is does add dimension and food for thought thrown in this family. I may not love her flaws, but she is definitely far from boring.

:shivers:

@Nodame Eun Joo is complicated but she isn't dishing out tough love...she is being a hypocrete...and there was nothing right about her judging her mother.......people like her in reality, they are to be avoided...trust me, I say this from experience, her words if its dished out to you will drain you emotionally.....it looks nice from far away but I am starting to understand why Eun Hee chose not to interact with her for as long as she did

@Nymeria289 Yikes I personally don’t have friends like EJ but my dad is pretty similar to her.  Thank you for sharing.

Getting emotionally drained and dished at, I concur not fun plus I had me fair share too experience. Harder to run away it is a parent. As for my personal life, I don’t have much drama with lovely friends NOT like EJ in that sense.

Learning to take care of ourselves and putting distance even to loved ones is not easy. Learning and setting boundaries is easier said than done. But yeah in that case those 5 years pretty much must have been less stressful without EJ’s judgemental comments.

Let's not forget that EJ had her own problems too. She had miscarriage and she'd been going through painful medical treatment in trying to get pregnant when EH came to her 5 years ago. Now she's still so shaken by the betrayal of her husband and the barista that she considers as friend when dad told them they're going for graduation for real and leave the house for mom. At that point she only sees her dad's perspective. She never thought her dad has an affair, she sees the affectionate and faithful figure in his dad. But now he's left with no one to accompany and no house to live. Her unresolved misunderstanding with mom over the years doesnt help either. We see that she hold grudges at mom (the abortion and the cold behaviour when she's struggling while supporting the family). Add her bluntness and unsympathetic attitude to that, and there comes the snarky remarks.

This kind of people do tend to hurt (in EH's words "kill") people with their words. But if you can see it logically the words they said are not hateful words, fact instead, in a blunt and harsh manner. 

I experience that myself too. One of my friends snapped back at me when i opened up my insecurity to her. I avoided her for a while after that. But over times i came to accept that what she said contained facts. I still avoid talking to her about that topic. But at times i still ask for her opinion about other things because at certain situations i need her logical opinion. She's still one of my close friends but yeah it's not the type of friends that you can freely express yourself to. 

There is someone for everyone. I personally think people like JW needs people like EJ. JW seems like the type who dont think too much or pent much emotions inside for too long. He's also still a bit childish for his age. EJ can make him get his act together. And JW can make her loosen a bit without having his emotions drained easily.

2 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

This kind of people do tend to hurt (in EH's words "kill") people with their words. But if you can see it logically the words they said are not hateful words, fact instead, in a blunt and harsh manner. 

I totally agree that Eun joo is not hateful. She nags and criticizes a lot but she just gives her honest opinions. She is not the type to just listen and sugarcoat things and empathize with everybody but that doesn’t mean she doesn`t care. She is the type of personality that there are  so much going on inside of her mind, and often prefer being on her own so that she can analyze information. When she sees a problem she analizes how to resolve it. I think she likes a friend who spend time debating with, and who will not get hurt over it.

There are people like Eun Hee , who is friendly and outgoing, emotionally expressive girl, the girl next door type. She is the type of people who has charms that draws people in. While being friendly, she doesn`t want to make her completely obvious sometimes, to fear to not be hurt.

When talking about types of personalities we can`t say that a person is better than the other. From what I see Eun hee can interact just fine with Eun Joo`s personality. She is telling her what she thinks, what she doesn`t like hearing, she snaps back when needs it. You have to be thick-skinned, strong minded, not be very hurt by critisism to deal with people like Eun joo. If you are a sensitive people, then you will hate being around her.

I like how you said it: There is someone for everyone". Exactly. Sometimes we need friends to tell us objectively their point of view, to give us another perspective  to a problem we don`t see being resolved. Not someone who says everything is fine, to listen to our lamenting. Another time we need a friend who just be there, to give us a sholder to cry, to cheer us up, not criticize us. 

That day, Eun hee needed a friend like Chan Hyeok but because he was not available she spoke to Eun Joo, who is not that type. And Eun Hee has sensitive that day.  I don`t think Eun Joo deserved to have been cut out of her sister`s life just because she did not meet another expectation. But whatever happened, happened. I am glad that they are again in each other`s life.

4 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

At that point she only sees her dad's perspective. She never thought her dad has an affair, she sees the affectionate and faithful figure in his dad. But now he's left with no one to accompany and no house to live. Her unresolved misunderstanding with mom over the years doesnt help either.

It was a scene when the sisters decided to talk with the parents about the separation. If they will just talk with the parents and listen to them alright, but they should not get involved. I don`t know how is it to be a child and see the parents get separated. It is not easy, I assume. It is hard to be objective. A child loves both parents but when there is a divorce/ separation, the child tents to take the side of one of the parents. I think it was not nice what Eun Joo did to her mom and she knew it. We saw that she regreted, she cried alone at her home after that. She loves both her parents but she did side with her dad. She made her mother feel guilty. What she said to her mother, about planing ahead for this marriage graduation was right. In Sook is in a hard place right now, because her husband lost his memories and he is seen as a victim (or at least, in disadvantage). In the same time she has right to persue her happiness. Sang Sik will regain his memory and it is better if they will resolve their problems on their own. With time, the family will accept their decisions.

Nobody is perfect. Underneath all the misunderstanding, miscommunication, I see a nice family. They can grew up and be a better family. I see potential in all of them.

I wanted to ask something. I don`t understand why Young Sik is avoiding his father, even when he is not with Jin Sook. It is time for us to know better the story of Sang sik and the other family.

@larus @bee_wannabe Thanks for your perspectives and I agree completely.

EH missed CH by default to EJ not being good and consoling right on target . She was very sensitive and vulnerable. But not like she did not know her Unni character . Dropping her and not having any contact in her life for 5 yrs was extreme indeed.

JW is directionless maknae and he needs EJ nuna. EH nuna he plays around but proud he stood up for CH hyung to realize she was not being considerate to him. Aww he was right though. Good job ! I notice he was that way as inbetween go to person for mom and EH too. JW was also go to person for dad and mom til he got sick of the role.

I definitely like friends of all kinds is true if friends all agreed with you would be not fun. Variety is the spice of life. EJ is important kind too but just know if you need consoling and coddling she is not your person . But if you need to know the truth and want help an action plan to suggest EJ is definitely your person .:kitty:

I love the discussion about the complexity of EJ. She's honest and blunt. I find that her words are harsh only when she gets angry or frustrated. She's the softer version of dad whose words can be cutthroat and jarring. 

In reality, if we didn't know the other side of EJ, we wouldn't empathize with her. Since this is a drama and we see another perspective of EJ, we can empathize with her. In a way, my close friend and I mirror each other's temper and way of talking, similar to EJ. It's truly emotionally draining. I've empathized with her and learned about her, but I think we try to hard. This friendship wasn't meant to be. I draw a boundary between us, to meet on time and she snapped at me and claimed I was lecturing her. I decided to walk away from this friendship even though there's longing.

I can never go on with a friendship that lacks honesty. As some have mentioned, a friendship seems shallow when you can't be honest with your thoughts and feelings. I feel the same and I'm learning to stand my ground and to know what I seek in a friendship. 

Anyway, I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! There's so much to learn about life :D

First off, sorry that you all got the Twerk reaction. I just wanted to try out the new Twerk reaction button. :joy:

Spoiler

:Twerkdatbutt:

I really enjoyed reading all of your posts and insights!

:Megathanks:

Anyway, ep 7 and 8 were really good.  I enjoyed them a lot, even though I more than once felt tears well up.
I feel especially invested in the parents' story, and I can't wait to find out more about them and how they ended up this way. It's clear that deep down they still care for each other - they just don't know how to communicate, and never have.

When the mom wrote the letter to the dad where she expressed her love for him, because she wasn't able to tell him that face 2 face, it really broke my heart. It seems the dad used to be a man who wore his heart on his sleeve. But by not communicating openly about their feelings, wishes and thoughts, they started slipping away from each other more and more.

Mr.Player and his ex....:crazy: EH would do best to stay away from those two. Nothing good will come out of spending any more time with Mr. Player at this point in time.

EJ and TH: I think there is definitely love between them, even though EJ was the only one that confessed. TH would never have acted the way he did, had he not felt love for EJ. I'm glad they decided to remain friends, but it will be a rocky road ahead of them despite that.

CH: poor baby, that whole family dumps everything on him. He's a nice person, but I can understand that he felt the need to set some boundaries and distance himself from EH for a while.

I was surprised to learn that EH had had feelings for CH for a long time but that she had to force herself to not confess to him. It remains to be seen if CH has felt the same way this whole time (I believe he has).

All in all, we can see that this turmoil is having a positive effect on the family, because they are little by little learning how to communicate with each other. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode!

:hooray:

I was wondering what I was getting twerking reactions in my posts here. :lol: Explanation accepted.

10 minutes ago, partyon said:

It seems the dad used to be a man who wore his heart on his sleeve. But by not communicating openly about their feelings, wishes and thoughts, they started slipping away from each other more and more.

I think you brought up a good point about dad. He was lovey-dovey. When he still didn't get his memories back, his friend mentioned he didn't like his behavior now. that he had to man up and be fierce. headstrong. 

I think it is a subtle attention to how men are taught to act this way and it's a huge problem because men have trouble expressing their deep thoughts. They keep things to themselves. It's quite unhealthy. :mellow:

Archived