[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

Any one knows what happen to seo young that her mom come to her and asking why she still in a den of man?

On the flipside

We got some good story that divided into 3 big arc

1. Eun joo and her husband + cafe guy

2. Mother and father with shop guy

3. Eun hee and Boss + chanhyuk

Well i expect development for 3 of the story with sometimes collide between one another and also the other side story like ji woo/seo young.

Nice drama but imo i dont really keen on mother father story because it is feels that it is the most deep and painful one. 

I also wonder why chan hyuk opening old photo of eun joo(?) And seems deep in thoughts.Does he like her before her marriage? 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

I also wonder why chan hyuk opening old photo of eun joo(?) And seems deep in thoughts.Does he like her before her marriage? 

Very interesting those pix were sealed! Didn't maknae mentioned something about CH liking EJ in the first ep? Juicy! I need deets. 

I kinda don't care about EJ/Husband/Cafe Guy. I'm more intrigued by her relationship with her family. I also wanna know why she'd give up being a badass lawyer. 

Agree with all that VP is being very unprofessional. He is real cute though. But yeah totally not cool for him to come on to his staff like this, on the very first day they met. Also, the nerve he had telling EH he wants to keep seeing her while still being with the girlfriend. 

What father do , why child was hungry ( wasn’t he best father who worked all these years for his family ;)

15916669451591666933.gif

why mom tried to kill herself with her daughter ( that we know isn’t his daughter :unsure:

15916667141591666706.gif

Yes , he got crush on her or something 
15916672511591667243.gif

26 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Yes , he got crush on her or something 

His female employee (I forgot her name) was half right and wrong about the pictures! Someone would misunderstand for the pictures he keeps. No misunderstanding for the second sister, but definitely for the oldest sister!!!! 

--------

I have a feeling that the barista guy knows Eun Joo's husband's weakness...something that he needs to tell EunJoo asap. Maybe an affair? I do get that the barista guy has a one sided crush on Eun Joo. EunJoo just thinks of the barista as a friend because she seems comfortable talking to him. She lets her guard down unlike her presence within a family or working environment. 

I'm interested how these siblings will come together. They all know each other so well and right now they see each other's flaws more than strengths. I can't wait for them to accept each other's strengths and there will be so much sibling power!!! 

As for the parents, I'm interested in what made them fall apart. There's so much mystery! 

11 hours ago, partyon said:

So true about the title Unfamiliar Family! There is no trust between them because everyone's hiding something.

A little psychology here:

The FL (sorry, forgot her name) has issues handling her emotions. She shows classic symptoms of attachment theory problems with her not being able to regulate her emotions. When something unpleasant happens, she totally overreacts and decides in the heat of the moment to abandon the person she feels is causing the negative emotions in her. Her emotions take over and she isn't able to think rationally. This is her way of coping, but actually it is a very poor way of coping because in the end it will cause her even more heartache. When you abandon someone, you abandon yourself as well.

Her sister also displays symptoms of attachment theory problems, with the opposite behavior. She is very hard on herself and she feels the need to be in control of her emotions and life all the time. By being so harsh and demanding towards others, she is showing that she feels the same way towards herself. She probably treats herself in an equally demanding way. Her coping mechanism is to be in control of her feelings, which is the totally opposite from her sister.

Essentially both sisters have the same problem though: neither is able to have a healthy relationship with their own emotions, pointing to the fact that they didn't have a very stable upbringing (meaning that the attachment between parents and children didn't develop as they should have).

What caused this, I guess we will find out....

But we know that, growing up as a child in an environment where your parents were strangers, love wasn't shown and where you felt that there were secrets (no open communication), would cause attachment disorders.

You nailed it! This is why I'm watching this drama because it sounds like mine. 

My oldest sister acts like the oldest sister. 

I somewhat act like the second sister! I always perceived my oldest sister was snappy because she was so straight to the point and her remarks were not sugarcoated at all. I'm like the second sister because I need comfort. 

Recognizing the attachment problems is the first step to my healing process. I didn't recognize it until I followed through with Marie Kondo's tidying marathon. Let me know if you have more resources on this psychological theory. Also, thank you so much for sharing this piece of information. It makes me enjoy the drama even more and the real world itself.

-- Edit: I find a link about reactive attachment disorder and other attachment issues.

OmG....are we going to have another drama were thr husband cheats the wife or has a big secret. What is going on between the big sister and  the dentist husband....

And the parents it also seems like they do also have big secrets. 

4 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

thanks god there isn’t thing between them , EJ can enjoy her laundry time with him :D

But still...what ever is he hiding would definetly hurt her more deeply. Yes she seems like a control freal and cold. But under all of that she must be hurt and in pain. 

EP 3 oh my god....it is not that Chan Hyuk is harboring feelings for  Eun Hee.  They are really just good friends who understand each other at this point ( i really love how real and honest their conversations are .)It Is Eun Joo that CH loves. I  thought it was just a crush from younger days but it seems he still holds a torch for her. The photos he had of EH meant nothing . But the real photos that he took with so much love were the ones of EJ on her wedding day. He even sealed them in an envelope. He was so upset that EHee had not spoken to her sister for 4 years before this. And  in the previous episode that photo in his wallet where they did not show who it was , I believe is EJoo. Not EHee    Wahhhhhh.... plot twist!  Goodness all the characters here have so many secrets.

But EHee.....hmmm this is most dangerous....VP really is a player . She is going to get burned big time

I am  in love with this drama.  So good

yeah this is the scene that poor fiancè is walking into.... ugh I just cant dear to watch EH becoming a part in his cheating. She should know what it is like to to be cheated on and walked away...

@sal2  it was only her imagination in that scene. It was not the fiancee but just a drunk neighbour fumbling at the door. Nevertheless, EHee was freaked out enough to leave immediately . There was a subsequent cut where the fiancee had moved back in . She slyly switched off the phone ( so I am guessing she knows that VP is cheating on her) EHee was supposed to come and see him. She tried calling and could not get him. She was at the parking contemplating if she should go up to his place. Someone rang the doorbell , and VP panicked , did not allow fiancee to open the door.  It turned out to be food delivery.  And fortunately EHee decided against going up. She really needs to run the other way from this ...

Does eun hee knows that he got fiancee already tho? 

She seems clueless lol 

It seems that my random find may be a clue to a bigger plot twist haha

Btw @triplemi agree with your thoughts on the photo of EJ that CY sealed for so long. So i guess CY care about EH as a really good friend and thats why he got back to friendship quickly with EH after the fallout years ago. If u had feeling for one another i dont think you can accept the friendship back quickly but if u just care as a friend only then it is really possible. Well thats one nice plot twist if true from the director.

But looking at the direction i do think that even though it wasnt EH that CY had feelings for i bet the endgame will still be EH and CY after many hardship and denial. 

@triplem  Thank you for explaining the scene better. I should watch the whole episode to gett more context before making a judgement on the scene.  But sound like she is starting to distance herself, and hope she do walk away before things get even more messy. On to watch this weeks episode when sub. are ready before commenting more. :) 

31 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Does eun hee knows that he got fiancee already tho? 

She seems clueless lol 

Yes she does. He was very upfront with her about it ...so she's choosing to walk into this . He said he and his fiancee have been drifting apart, but he did not mention about cutting it clean with the fiancee..but he can tell her this . @sal2 I really hope she will come to her senses. 

-------------------------

One  more eps 4 cut...so  EHee had gone over to EJoo's place. So EJ was taking a nap. Then EHee went into the study to charge her phone and listen to some music . She used her bro-in-law laptop and discovered his messages. As she was scrolling through them, EJoo came in. EHee tried to pretend she read nothing but EJ can see right through her . She took the laptop and read them...it was shocking. It was some chatroom - I don't know if it was a gay one or a chatroom for men to hook up with girls but the chatroom was called Closet and the names of the users were mainly female. So is this some fetish he has or what? Darn it ,  I need the subs now!

The preview looks mighty sad for the sisters...but it seems dad is trying to woo mum all over again and does he have his memory back

Thanks @triplem for the videos and updates! I just finished Ep 3 with subs and it left me with so many questions! It’s like for other dramas, there is one cliffhanger at the end of the ep, but this drama has several. How did Barista’s gf know TH? What was TH going to tell EJ? Who was at the door when EH and GJ were together? Who was that guy who called Dad “aboeji” and why did Mum think that “this day had finally come”? So many questions and I hope that Ep 4 answered at least some of them. :sweat_smile: This is so exciting!

Do experienced fans think this will have a happy ending?  So far I like all the main characters and that's all I want for them.  I know there will ups and downs along the way (it IS a DRAMA!,) but I don't think I can stand too much uphappiness after the last show I watched....

56 minutes ago, D27Gjk68 said:

Do experienced fans think this will have a happy ending?  So far I like all the main characters and that's all I want for them.  I know there will ups and downs along the way (it IS a DRAMA!,) but I don't think I can stand too much uphappiness after the last show I watched....

Maybe the definition of the happy ending can be tricky as it could be happy for some but not that happy for others.

For example if the drama decide to do a love triangle between Eun Hee - boss - chan hyuk with boss fiance mixed in.

Whoever end up with eun hee, there will be some who unhappy.

And maybe other example 

Mother and father, maybe after more truth come into light people watching the drama will see it differently and maybe some will support them reconcile and some will support them go on their own path. Especially with the theory of eun joo not being biological father daughter. 

Or eun joo and his husband problem which is still need more detail and ofcourse the cafe guy and possibly chan hyuk old crush with eun joo. 

So many possibilities for this side and hell even we could see chan hyuk help eun joo out and be with her. Who knows?

And ofcourse all side story like ji woo and seo young. 

Overall this drama feels like KBS 50 episode drama but go on much faster pace with 16 episode and cut out all the filler ( i am looking at you 'once again' ) so happy ending seems likely but maybe not everyone will be happy with the ending especially with so many going on between the character and family.

And usually the opinion for the drama can get stirred after the truth come into light. Most of the time it is happen in halfway through thats where the opinion got firmed and most of the watcher had same idea torward what can be a happy ending. 

The best thing is to wait out for more info before decide on what to ship or what not to. 

I was looking for another slice of life drama, found this, attracted to the korean title and decided to watch it. But gosh, this turned out to be more complex than slice of life drama. With just 3 episodes, they already explore amnesia, birth secrets, sexual harassment issue (Eun Joo and Chan Hyuk's female employee), and toxic relationship (Eun Joo and her husband, barista and his girlfriend, the boss, his girl, and Eun Hee, and of course the mom and dad). And now that episode 4 is out they even come with a new gay issue? I wonder how they will unfold all this tangled threads with only 16 episodes. They keep throwing twist after twist at the end of the episode. At this rate i wouldnt be surprised if Chan Hyuk turn out to be their half brother. And now that the gay issue is out, the possibility of the barista as the husband's gay couple is getting plausible. They may use this "girlfriend" term as safety net in case someone heard. Really don't know what to expect and what's going to come out of this drama.

I'm contemplating whether to continue or drop the show because it feels a bit makjang but realistic at the same time.

Archived