[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

Eun Joo yaa :tears:. I cried again for her this episode. All the pains she's been through trying to get pregnant only to have miscarriage later, her sister cut any communication to her, and now her husband's betrayal. I cant imagine how miserable she must've felt. And her mother in law! I got so mad at her when she cut EJ short once she tried to bring up TH's sexuality. I was screaming "so you knew it from the beginning even before they're married! how can you deceive other people's precious daughter!"

I believe EJ sincerely wants to have a baby. Unlike what TH accused of her wanting to have kids to solidify her status in his family she yearns for a family. Her self proclaimed hatred of family is just her way of expressing her desire to have close relationship with her family. That scene when she saw her other family members spending time together made me think she probably knew she's not her father's daughter. It's not like she hates her family, she hates the feeling that she's not part of the family.

I still believe the father is innocent, not involved in any affair. He's just drown in his insecurities thinking his wife doesn't love him back while mom's drown in her thought that father had an affair. None of them speak out thus the inevitable fallout of the marriage. Like what EH said, if you don't say it, others won't know.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok watched the latest episode last night in its entirety. OMG OMG OMG.

Thanks to all for your comments as always and @triplem is such a STAR! Whenever I see your name--- I am comforted to know we will be treated well and ready to go into the ride for the drama. :Megathanks:

@ck1Oz Thanks , I feel bad for my friend too. I appreciate your kind words of sympathy. Insomnia is not fun, I have a friend who has a severe case of it. Hope you got to catch up on sleep though.

@calledtoteach You pose some interesting questions about the parents and their relationship. I guess we can only see so much in one hour. As someone said before, it is a weekend drama crammed into 16 episodes. I def think so with superior acting overall. The dad SS (Sang Sik played by the amazing Jung Jin Young) is showing us alot. I wonder too what we will find about their relationships. 

@bee_wannabe Yeah dad is definitely drowning in his insecurities over the years, he has been rude , petty, mean and callous to his weary and long suffering wife Jin Sook.  More we see into their relationship, the more I get why she wants to "graduate" from their marriage. The kids are old enough to fend on their own (even maknae Jiwoo  even if he claims to not want to move out)

(ep 5) when TH first visit home. It was telling enough he was whiny, jealous and rude.  What is wrong for making a GOOD first impression? (First impressions cannot be unmade too.) Not wanting to shave, not wanting to wear the shirt and then saying she is ashamed of him being a driver. Making her have to say--yes I want a good life for my daughter to not suffer. Then to find out that JS had measly amount of money to raise their 3 kids (ep 6), even SS friend/colleague was surprised. You were the manly man and got the ladies being the stoic type. Flashed your money while we all had an allowance from our wives but you gave her a small allowance for the household.

@larus I love reading your comments. Anyways, I agree CH is such a great guy. I loved how you wrote how I felt about EJ/EH and CH and about how EH handled bringing CH into the situation. Very insightful. :star: Plus agreed TH is a dead man walking. He confessed he hated himself more when EH said but EJ Unni married you and she loved you. 

@sasha1818 Yup agreed what you said about the twisted HS/ TH with HS ex love triangle angle. EJ and EH have a complicated sister relationship and you wrote about it well here. I agree too that this writer as others have pointed out likes to give out red herrings galore. LOL.

But need to head off to lunch, the ending kiss between GJ and EH to be stopped by EJ and CH. Awkward. Sigh one hand I want GJ to do well with EH, def know that love triangle trope is starting in full circle. Plus prior to that scene, when EH fessed up to say at Jongmin's wedding the people were talking why he was not there (CH).

Interesting when CH had his chat with EH (en route to find TH), they stopped and she asked if he got his ex's wedding invitation and asking if there was or was not a letter. How CH avoided answering what were the contents in the letter to EH. To find out how she said I don't want a wedding invitation from you and EH. Oh so that showed his hesitation and not wanting to tell him. Later for him to only find out EH herself admitting she started a rumor using him. But she did help fuel the flames to insinuate that CH might have liked her EH. Part of is pride but part of it did not want to tell the others they had lost touch.  They are really comfortable (too much) and don't think much about it. No wonder EH was hurt more about him than her ex. She cared more. She felt closer emotionally.CH is too sweet of a trash can. 

But KUDOS to CH asking her WHY she dragged him to find TH. Good to make EH have to articulate why she meddles and gets involved.

Ok lunch time is calling,I said this already but hunger is setting in for me . LOL :joy:

57 minutes ago, bee_wannabe said:

I believe EJ sincerely wants to have a baby. Unlike what TH accused of her wanting to have kids to solidify her status in his family she yearns for a family. Her self proclaimed hatred of family is just her way of expressing her desire to have close relationship with her family. That scene when she saw her other family members spending time together made me think she probably knew she's not her father's daughter. It's not like she hates her family, she hates the feeling that she's not part of the family.

Yes, she really wanted to have a baby. When she told everyone that she is alright that she stopped trying to have a baby but we know that she is not. She secretly was looking at the baby related things.

She was not the only one who said that she "hates" something about the family. Her action demontrates that she cares about them too. I am not sure if she knows that she is not her father`s biological daughter but it is plausible. Someone can find out looking at the family blood types or finding when their parents met  etc. If she knows or not we`ll see. Eun Joo is very smart, aloof, elegant, cerebral, perfectionist,  intellectual type. She feels that she is somehow different. Maybe being the oldest she took seriously the role of family supporter when they had financial difficulties. Her siblings always saw her as a nagging sister.  I was surprised that Eun Hee never knew that Eun Joo can make people laugh. In that scene where she saw her family spending time together, she looked jealous. Perhaps she prefered to study than doing other things but why she did not want to get close, to spend time with them?  That reaction could be explained if she knew that she was not her father`s biological daughter. It`s like she put  a barrier. Or that barrier is just because they are so different in personalities and they grew apart as family just because they did not comunicate well?

I wish Eun Joo knows the birth secret already and she won`t find out now when there is an important crisis in her life.

Eun Hee is/will be the liant in the family. I like how she is keeping in tough with everybody. Chan Hyeok knows so many about the family already. He is like a new member of the family. :D

@larus I like what you wrote about EJ. Well put. As for her knowing who her biological father is--- I would guess no? JS told CS ( when he was at the hospital--we promised to NEVER raise this topic about EJ's true parentage.) to stop what he was saying. Unfortunately for them JW heard it. Then shared it later to CH.

I agree totally how EH did not realize her sis EJ can laugh and smile with others. As people, we have so many sides of ourselves and some we don't show to our family. With our loved ones, we show our comfy family side and sometimes family push your buttons to show your UGLY sides too. I concur that EJ is not alone in using the word "hate" in regards to family. Probably while this tale is so easy to relate to and have empathy for the characters. We are just viewers each week seeing the layers of the onions shown to us.

EJ was missing EH. As someone earlier stated EJ does everything alone and doesn't want to rely on others. But being stoic and holding it in is unhealthy and not good. She has alot of pride. She may "hate" her situation and life working jobs and studying hard (as money was tight) she made a life for herself. (Isn't it the dream for everyone, live a good life and being able to afford luxuries--- a nice place, car, trips, good food? ) It is normal. Giving her mother had a low small allowance from their dad---the family struggled but survived through the hardships. As we know in Ep 6, the mom did want her daughter to live a better life than her (financially to not have to worry about money) is not unheard of. 

To find that EJ and TH both got married to escape their families but it was bonus for EJ she liked TH. But TH came to hate himself and despise EJ in the process. I felt bad for TH after hearing his mom saying his being gay was just an illness. He needs his time away (periods of alone time). We thought he was cured after getting married to you. The denial of TH's truth and pushing it under the rug from the mom ---painful and considered such a taboo. Poor EJ seeing this with her own eyes her MIL reactions.

EJ can dish it out as well as TH was dishes it back to her.  She lashed out and both were hurting and tired. TH feels money can cure everything---why not it has in the past? Good for HS calling TH out and  not wanting his dirty money (even if his ex lover took his money and ran). Also how HS threatened TH to tell EJ the truth. He began to like EJ and feel sympathy for her ignorance to her situation and began to like her as a friend/person. 

EH saying how she disliked TH being so cold. She covered it so well being so well mannered and nice. He always seemed to reach out to EH (but I guess those few years of separation he couldn't) and feel comfortable. We did state earlier their home may be gorgeous it was sterile lacking in any warmth making it a home.

When TH mocked EJ wanting a child though she hated her own family. (I think we all have a love /hate relationship with our families).  But if she had a child, at least she would have a child to keep her company and give her warmth and love that she was NOT getting from her hubby.

3 hours ago, Nodame said:

Yeah dad is definitely drowning in his insecurities over the years, he has been rude , petty, mean and callous to his weary and long suffering wife Jin Sook.  More we see into their relationship, the more I get why she wants to "graduate" from their marriage. The kids are old enough to fend on their own (even maknae Jiwoo  even if he claims to not want to move out).

The parents have an interesting story. Probably In Sook did not love Sang sik at first and married him because she was pregnant. But her afection from him grew. She started to love him too. Sang Sik loved In Sook very much, more than she loved him. He knew that/felt that.

He was insecure because she was an educated girl and he was not. He always had a fear that she could leave him.  Marriage life was not easy. It must be so hard for Jin Sook. Getting pregnant at a young age without a husband, not following her dreams, than being just a housewife and mother of three,  financial difficulties (he did not gave her all the money),  he was away most of the time because of his job. They grew apart. The comunication in the family was not good. I see in Eun Joo personality traits from Jin sook . Her mother suffered in silence. When she found out about the other woman/ family she did not confronted her husband. She decided to kill the woman in herself and be just the mother.  Jin Sook is more aloof, she does not display her feelings often. Sang Shik is more like Eun Hee. He is effusive, shows his emotions. I suspect that Sang Shik would have wanted his wife to ask him about the other woman, to show jealousy. Maybe that would have been an assurance that his wife still loves him. He was longing for affection (his false memory that Jin Sook gave him love notes).

I don`t know the circumstances of his other family. We`ll see.  I saw that despite being estrange from his wife he did not look for the company of other women. He was depressed that they will be separeted. He still loves her. 

At one point they felt resentements towards each other. When throwing a fit the he doesn`t want to wear a shirt, to shave, I saw it like a "rebellion" . He was his way to reproach her for wanting her daughter to join a wealthy, stylish family, that she doesn't like the way he is (without a shirt, unshaved). It was his own insecurities that spoke. Deep inside he still has the fear that Jin sook would have wanted a better man, a man from a good family and not him. In time he became more frustrated, angry.

Maybe Jin Sook does not express her feelings very well but her actions speak better than words. She is a strong woman. She raised three children almost by herself. I agree that being a housewife in that conditions was very hard. She did not leave their father when they grow up, she held the family together. If he will look deeper, I think he will realise that his wife did love him in her own way.

I was thinking at her situation. She will have the money from the house but she doesn`t have an alimony or a pension from a retired work.  She has to find work at her age?  I want her to find happiness and if Mr Yoo is a better man for her I want her to be with him. But we can see how the new Sang Shik is making her waver. The romantic Sang Shik brought fond memories of their life together. I kind of cheer for them, to comunicate more, to find a way to understand better each other.

I enjoy this show a lot. It's really *well-written.* Of course, good directing and good actors all play a vital part, but time and time again we see that good writing is the necessary foundation. You can have a high budget and/or great actors but it doesn't always result in a good show.

I don't agree that this is a weekend drama that's airing on weekdays. It just happens to be about a family, which weekend dramas are typically about, that alone does not make this a weekend show.

The theme is apparently guilt, feeling inadequacy, and bottling up feelings.

1. Dad - feels guilt and inadequate to his wife due to his poor background. Did backbreaking work all his life to educate his children and buy a house to try and make up for it. Feels underappreciated and resentful as a result.

2. Mom - feels guilt and inadequate for having been pregnant by another man when they married. That was probably part of the reason it kept her from speaking out when she suspected that her husband was having affairs. It seems she really did love him during the first years of their marriage, but her life became "hell" when she began to suspect him of straying, and she kept her anger bottled up for her kids' sakes.

3. Eun-Joo - I don't know if she knows that her father is someone else, but it appears that she certainly senses that she is "different" somehow - although there is no reason that has to be true simply because she genetically has a different father.

Her relationship with her mom is messed up because she suspected her mom tried to commit murder-suicide with her. She probably wondered all her life why her mom chose to take her but leave Eun-Hee at home. So they have a weird relationship and that's fair. She seems to like her father just fine. So why is she so contemptuous of her siblings?

Anyway, I sympathize with her, but her behavior is really grating to me. When Eun-Hee reached out to her after she broke up with Jong-Min, Eun-Joo was so incredibly mean and judgmental, and there's just no excuse for that. Her criticism of Eun-Hee is correct, but that's not what you should say to someone who is emotionally devastated. She may have been going through a miscarriage, but that certainly doesn't explain why she treats Eun-Hee like that all the time.

Eun-Hee apologized when they reunited, but Eun-Joo owes Eun-Hee an apology, too. Just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot - and Eun-Hee dated/married a homosexual man? Eun-Joo would excoriate her for being clueless and stupid.

Anyway, I understand she's had a rough life emotionally speaking, and kept it all bottled up inside. But ugh, she is very unpleasant.

4. Eun-Hee - She is so warm, likable and thoughtful. I love this actress, and she is really wonderful to watch in this role. It's true that she's probably too much of a people-pleaser for her own good (inadequacy), but there are people who appreciate her for who she is.

I really do hate seeing Eun-Joo cut her down all the time. Eun-Hee doesn't deserve to be treated that way.

5. Ji-Woo - We don't know enough about him, but he seems like a genuine, nice guy who cares.

6. Geon-Joo - Okay, so he turned out to be someone who was exchanging e-mail/messages with Eun-Hee under a different identity (a young female Korean-American) for a year. Is it just me, or is this sort of creepy? I understand he wasn't trying to be a creep, it just happened, and he didn't want to reveal himself or else these messages would stop/change in tone.

But this revelation...

(a) On the one hand, he does *know* a side of her that he wouldn't otherwise know and loves that side of her - so that is flattering.

(b) But on the other hand, that just seems like a huge violation, that someone is creeping on your vulnerable, innermost musings while letting you believe that s/he is actually someone else

Oh, Geon-Joo, sooooo complicated.

So those are my thoughts for now. The storytelling is really confident, and the writer does love withholding information and enticing us with what will come next.

Thanks for thoughts and comments.

I agree it is more than a family drama (weekend one) condensed to a regular one (but due to the concentration on only the FAMILY LINE I feel it is mentioned). Admiring over the years tvN has created a multitude of amazing dramas bringing Cable Dramas to challenge regular SBS/MBC/KBS to up their drama games.

@larus Great insight on the parents. Yeah I did feel that too since both grew up from different backgrounds. 

It was obvious for the start of the old flashbacks he was TOTALLY into her than she was into him. Learning that he wasn't EJ father further cemented it. He was willing to marry her and be the official father for her unborn baby. That alone is not easy to do and given how Asian families are about the family registry and in the past it was more the Dad's side. It was crucial he daughter had a a dad. It was social suicide and stigma to raise the child alone as a single woman.

Makes me wonder who the heck the man who got her pregnant? Her ex boyfriend or who? The fact she could not tell the biological father and be with him. I wonder if we will ever know.

Jinsook -finding out she is blossoming looking into poetry and volunteering, she is figuring out life's next steps for herself. I applaud her. She is the STRENGTH of the family. Though dad may be the financial, she is the one who held it together. I agree there was /were feelings that both had to keep this long relationship together. Despite getting very LITTLE money from SS, she did a great job with her kids. 

Spoiler

Upbringing and how you are as a person ---Asians and I know for my mom--they always say---is this how your mom /parents taught you? Growing up, my mom always said to be proud of who I am. I am Chinese heritage. She said that no matter what, people will look at you and judge you. Be proud of who you are, have good manners and be polite to others. It is not a matter of lack of money or social status but more of your character and how your mom raised you at home. Must always acknowledge people even if you don't know them with a smile and hello. (Smiles are free as she says.) Always say Please and Thank You.   (My mom lost her mom at the age of 9 and a ton of her family during the Cultural Revolution). So I am grateful to have her raise me.  We did not have much material wise, we had tough times, I can relate to EJ about working alot and being frustrated and being relied on alot. But, I also get the complicated emotions/frustrations with family too she has. I TOO wanted to escape my parents when I grew up. 

They are all educated and good people.  Granted EJ may be tough and rough around the edges and cold , we have seen she is fine mixing with others. JW acts like the puppy maknae. EH is the typical middle child.

But at some point it fractured and over time , lack of intimacy, communication, loneliness and affection definitely culminated to the point they reached for her to want to "graduate." I do find her having a kind of beauty and elegance that attracted Sam Sik. to her. I do see her flustered and remember the old days when he was totally smitten and in the honeymoon phase. I mean I cannot blame her. He is sweet, giving her flowers and mixing what he thinks he did during their relationships when he NEVER did.

I liked that JS found out how lonely (really lonely) that SS was driving when she went to driving. He never did before. I liked that SS was not rude/ignoring her and mean to her. 

SS definitely is a complicated guy. I like what you said @larus how EJ takes after JS and EH takes after SS in terms of expressing themselves and emotions. I felt it was a good observation.

@chickfactor Great breakdown on the characters. On GJ, Ok I am giving a lot of leeway due to liking the actor. I admit it, I have and give  a lot of leeway to bad stories/acting if I like the actors. When I did read the subbed episode,  after missing parts it is a bit cringey and stalkerish that he was using a young cute Korean woman's email. I admit I too did find it a bit creepy and NOT romantic. So when EH kept saying you could have come clean . He kept insisting he did not want their interactions to end. When EH was censoring herself, wait I told you stuff I should have not as we were both young women? (What did she say?):crybaby: But GJ just assured her no we just shared thoughts on a variety of topics (safe ones).  Hmmm.

So that doesn't help GJ case to stay or be closer to our EH for me. (Though I have to admit , Shin Dong Wook is looking mighty fine.)

So far I feel everyone has alot of onion layers, so what about our maknae, so far he seems (for now) not as complicated as the others.

So today episode is eun hee in denial about her feelings to chan hyuk right?

I dont know why but i got a gud feeling that the end of episode 8 will be the start of eun hee and chan hyuk. 

This is only prediction based on usual kdrama plot ( although this drama is already crazy plotwise ) 

Episode 7 will show when chan hyuk start to draw a line between their friendship and eun hee start to realize her own feelings

I am curious about the women coworker of chan hyuk. She seems to know chan hyuk too very well just like he knew about her very well. I think we need more background about her problem and hopefully more background about her and chan hyuk. 

And damn the ending narrative + that face you make when you got caught doing something really wrong

@Samuel Yohanes  Hmmm I wonder about that next episode , next week. Yes we are given the stirrings of a love triangle with EH with her awakening awareness of CH beyond her trusty trash can as a "man." But given this drama can be fast, I would not be surprised. But if they take a bit  more time, I am ok with that too being dragged out. (Yup unabashed Shin Dong Wook fan and not going to lie).

The female coworker does seem aware about CH. Didn't she or CH say their mom's are friends or know of each other. This is why CH hired her not due to her skills but because of his mom's relationship with her. Then again soft hearted CH hired JW too due to their relationship (if JW had the true skills for the job--remains to be seen as a gopher of sorts for CH).

Yeah EH is def going to have CH say something, I agree with that. But the fact her VO said seeing CH and EJ coming out of the car while kissing GJ definitely  was setting up the future.

Heck, wasn't in the preview I overheard --GJ saying I am jealous/uncomfortable about EH and CH together. He is usually not but I think he senses the underlying currents /sparks between them that is brewing.

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

Hmmm I wonder about that next episode , next week. Yes we are given the stirrings of a love triangle with EH with her awakening awareness of CH beyond her trusty trash can as a "man."

Another female- male friendship bites the dust. It is like kdramas want to prove that the friendship between male and female doesn`t exist. But it was a very close relationship and I can see how there were /are feelings involved. Now they will be friends and lovers. :D

I was surprised to hear Eun hee saying that she knew that Chan Hyeok was atracted to her in the past. I don`t remember exact words.

Not only Chan hyeok`s femasle employee (who has a crush on him) but his ex girlfriend knew that there was something between them. People outside the relationship see things more clearly. People are intuitive.

We saw last episode that Eun hee became consious of her feelings for Chan hyeok, That started when he did not come back from the trip with her. From the preview she will wonder why he is avoiding her calls and soon she will know that he is feeling something other than friendship too. Their romance just started. Gun-Joo became the third person in the ecuation. Of course he sensed something, he was a little jelous for their closeness (it was normal to feel that way) and I think he will try to not give up Eun Hee but knowing deep inside that he has law chances. There are almost half of the series left.

I like Seo-Young and Ji Woo interaction but they will not be just friends either. I think they will become a romantic couple down the road.

I want to see Eun Joo and cute barista mentaining the close relationship . Ahn Hye Seok is gay so no worries about that. I saw him very perceptive and he knows her better than anyone. He gave her the informations where her husband was.

Speaking of Eun Joo. I want to see more of her job. I do not know for sure what she does but I think she is a patent lawyer. It is really interesting. She has an university degrees in science and a law training. WOW. She had studied a lot. She is beautiful and very smart. I hope there is a guy for her who won`t be intimidated by her, who will love her the way she is.

@larus Thanks for your thoughts. I recall EH totally fessing up she helped along the rumors that CH downgrade low liked her EH.

She said that when you did not show up for EH ex and his old roomie Jongmin's wedding, everyone was atwitter wondering why you did not show up? So EH admitted she MIGHT have set the bug in their ear that CH liked her.

So when his CH's ex wrote in the letter--I don't want to get your wedding invitation when you get married with EH (when first shown in the episode) I was like HUH? Then later when EH was teasing CH and accurately figuring out the ex DID write a letter in the invitation. CH pointedly did not mention the detail -CH and EH wedding invitation.

So later when EH admitted to CH she fanned the flames of FALSE fire that CH liked her, she wanted to keep her pride. Granted she was no longer in touch with CH, but did not want to admit it to their circle of acquaintances/classmates. So she rather start that rumor. (I can tell from EH -she was not feeling anything for CH at that moment).

I agree I like the barista as someone who EJ can be comfortable and be around. Even when he wanted revenge he ended up being sympathetic to her. Plus EJ did not have EH back yet so she must have been really alone and desolate.

Colleagues SY and JW, that loveline could be possible. More so that SY is noticing CH is not returning her signals of her liking him. HECK EH blatantly said, SY brought you dosirak on a day off? Oh yeah she is making her move. CH is in denial saying--but I am not worthy of dating and not in the right stage of my life.  I don't know much about her to like her for our maknae JW.

8 minutes ago, Nodame said:

I recall EH totally fessing up she helped along the rumors that CH downgrade low liked her EH.

No, I did not mean that story. More corect she knew that Chan Hyeok had feelings for her in the past. When Hyo Seok asked her if Chan Hyeok likes her, she confessed that he did in the past. She could not lie because her face said it already. So it means that she knew, on some degree, of his feelings. She was not clueless.

@larus OIC Thanks for that.

Frankly CH liking EH is more realistic than EJ.

While EJ let's be honest is more gorgeous than EH, she is not easy to love--she is stand offish, demanding, snooty. It is easier to like EH though she is too accommodating to others at the detriment to herself.

Yeah I feel all male and female friendships have that SLIGHT moment (do they like each other or not).But then it is submerged or not thought of again. Hard not to be human nature.I was thinking of my own relationships with my guy friends.

LIke though---for that brief /flash of second--wanna date/be on a date with so and so? (Nah or Yeah) kind of thing.

Once that is addressed then it is smooth sailing.

1 hour ago, Nodame said:

While EJ let's be honest is more gorgeous than EH, she is not easy to love--she is stand offish, demanding, snooty. It is easier to like EH though she is too accommodating to others at the detriment to herself.

She is ellegant, very blunt, a perfectionist/demanding and doesn`t like too much sentimental outbursts but I don`t think she is hard to love. She can make people laugh, can smile and can do a friendly conversation just that she is not very nice with her family. They don`t know al about her. But I agree that she could be seen as intimidating by some people.  If she finds a companion who understands her, loves her,  has a strong personality and straightforward I think she can relax more. She needs to meet her equal.  She needs to be loved. It is not easy to find a good man (who met her standards) but this is a drama/ fantasy so I hope she can find someone. She wants to be a mother and I want her to fulfill her dream.

@larus I was more thinking not easy to love (for alot of people ) but in the POV we see her with her family's lense.  But I  definitely see your point, she needs to meet a partner who can TRULY appreciate the complex, beautiful, intelligent and articulate woman she is and what she has to offer. It rots her hubby filled in alot of boxes in specs but is gay. I think everyone deserves love and SHE definitely does. Now who they would do that, I hope it is someone worthy.

Too bad the barista is not BI, she needs a HOT fling.

I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments haha

Honestly, don't enjoy the CH and EH love story. I liked the fact that they were close friends. But maybe the writer wants to explain CH's story as someone who dates other women and tells himself that it's EJ that he loves by puttingher on a pedestal to avoid his real feelings for EH. I actually don't see romantic chemistry with EH and CH tbh It was very buddies kind of vibe just pure comfort for each other.

I just find it strange that CH would be feeling somekind of way about EH dating GJ NOW when he's known about it all along. Unless next week's episode shows the car ride between EJ and CH where he realises that what he felt for EJ wasn't love at all. And it leads to an ephipany for him. This writer I realised likes to use the effect of showing us something and then goes back to explore it from another angle. She's very good at leading the story and setting up clues.

I don't speak much about the parents because honestly, I don't like watching their scenes because I find them too sad. I just want to say that the sister's relationship seems to have mirrored their parents. Where EH is like her dad, full of love and compassion but ALWAYS seeing things just from their perspective. Whereas EJ and their mother are  more perceptive, levelheaded and tend to hold in what they feel more. EJ I think was really hurt that EH didn't speak to her for years. I can understand her rage against EH when they both saw the laptop. EJ must have been feeling like you didn't care for years whether I was doing well or not so what are you doing here now?

It feels like TH and EJ's relationship is done but EJ seems to want to punish him abit(as she should). One thing I didn't like is how almost subserviant and submissive she was to her MIL. I think TH was abit right that EJ wanted that rich life because she sets her high standard for herself and for her life in general. 

I wonder where the TH and EJ story will go lol She doesn't seem too upset with HS but EJ is the type to  hold her feelings in. Considering how comfortable she was with him, I think she defn felt betrayed. I don't see HS dating TH or anything like that but anything feels possible in this drama lol I remember HS's look of anger and disgust when TH says that it's not that he's scared but that he hates looking at himself . It's still not explained how HS knew about this house which makes me think he must have caught that awful boyfriend with TH here. 

I haven't read all of the comments, but I just wanted to drop by to praise how well thought out the color schemes and the environments are. For now, I will just focus on EJ and her husband. UYxjWsf.jpg?1EJ sits in her husband's room and continues to read the chatroom messages. The atmosphere is so controlled and restrained with a dark color scheme. Even the paintings on the wall give a sense of confinement which may convey her husband's denial of the self. In the husband's mother's words, "He never makes any mistakes."

CfZYb5r.jpgWhen we see her husband in his hiding place, it looks a lot lighter with the white walls and white curtains allowing sun to enter. But there is this heaviness with both of the characters together and individually. They finally confront each other about their relationship which has been building up since the first episode with curtail, quick, snappy dialogue. Notice that both characters are wearing dark clothes! 

GGGtSlP.jpgBut EJ's interior clothing contrasts with her exterior clothing. I think it reflects upon her cold exterior against her inner warmth. EH definitely brings out EJ's warmth even though EJ's remarks may feel cold at first. I'll definitely come back and show the color schemes and environments around these two sisters. The dynamic is quite fascinating.

@ponderings Love your comments about the scene with the clothing and surroundings color schemes etc. Very insightful !

@sasha1818 I was loving CH and EH’s friendship and very honest banter. So if they are adding the romance, it is sad. The fact EH was able to tell CH comfortably her deepest feelings and actions usually told to your BFF was precious. On top of it, you just reconciled with him recently after not talking 5 years.

Yes, TH deserves to go through the wringer by EJ. Yes, EJ was kowtowing to the MIL but frankly I am not surprised. If she wanted a comfortable existence your marriage is not just with the spouse but the whole family. To not rock the boat she had to do it. Plus I am sure her family background is not in TH level. (Usually same level status usually marriage each other- as old as time with arranged marriages. Nowadays you add apps, online dating , there is more chance to broaden your dating pool not readily available before).

i don’t see why EJ would be upset with the barista. To her he is a friend and comfortable person who was warm in complete Polar opposite to her frigid husband. Plus it was him , who have the clue where TH would be .

Archived