[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

@ktcjdrama stop playing lol. You know he is messing around with the coffee part timer. The guy who plays the coffee part timer last drama insinuated that he was homosexual as well. When I saw the oldest daughter's husband, and his body language towards the coffee guy and the coffee guys body language towards him... I said to myself, their past characters have reincarnated themselves into this drama.:lol:

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, foreverempress said:

@ktcjdrama stop playing lol. You know he is messing around with the coffee part timer. The guy who plays the coffee part timer last drama insinuated that he was homosexual as well. When I saw the oldest daughter's husband, and his body language towards the coffee guy and the coffee guys body language towards him... I said to myself, their past characters have reincarnated themselves into this drama.:lol:

Nooooooo.... :scream: 

*backtodreamingandhopingandpraying

My Unfamiliar Family: Episode 2

by quirkycase

MUF02-00704.jpg

The family struggles to cope with a potentially life-altering injury that forces everyone together whether they like it or not. Add in the sisters’ recent reconciliation and everyone’s personal and relationship issues, and the family is on shaky ground. If they can figure out how to communicate with and support each other, they might come out of it all stronger. But they’ve got a ways to go.

EPISODE 2

MUF02-00023.jpg

Eun-hee tells Chan-hyuk she “caused an accident” (the phrase typically implies sleeping with someone) but is indignant when Chan-hyuk thinks she and Jong-min had a one-night stand. He listens incredulously as she goes on about her tumultuous feelings and thoughts on coincidences, begging her to speed this up.

We flash back to when Geon-joo had interrupted her conversation with Jong-min. She explains that meeting with Jong-min had her emotions all over the place, so she drank. A lot. And “caused an accident” with the new VP.

At the police station, Sang-shik’s hiking buddy Man-ho comes by with the flirty woman from their group. Over coffee, she explains that Sang-shik gave her a ride, and they parted ways at the rest stop. Ji-woo’s face every time she calls Sang-shik “oppa” is priceless.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/my-unfamiliar-family-episode-2/

On 6/5/2020 at 5:26 AM, larus said:
On 6/5/2020 at 4:04 AM, chickfactor said:

So I didn't know anything about Won Mi-Kyeong (the mom) before. I turns out that she was a huge star in the 1980s (wikipedia):

I am familiar with her. I saw her the first time in 2016 in MBC family drama Happy Home. I think it was her comeback project because I saw that she was in other kdramas since then. From what I remember reading about her, she lived in US for a while. I don`t know if she moved back in Korea or if she is coming in Korea just for her acting projects.

Thank you both @larus and @chickfactor for sharing information about Won Mi Kyeong! I saw both episodes and I was amazed by her acting. The way she contorted her face to express confined sadness and frustration came through the screen. It felt so real as if you can meet her at that very moment. And the minute changes in her facial expressions make me speechless! I must learn to make GIFs to post here. 

I wonder why she lived in US for a while. Was it because of family or education? 

@icemaid @ktcjdrama @foreverempress so do you guys think we’re gonna hv a plot twist . The barista actually likes the husband not EJoo ?  So EJoo has been misreading the barista ? :w00t:

@partyon @Ameera Ali how come life is full of triangles? :lol:  Urggh drama should not do this to me .. I love KJS & SDW . But dating your boss can be tricky especially one who’s got some emotional baggage . 

On 6/5/2020 at 7:48 AM, celebrianna said:

It would be nice if the parents are able to reconcile. Kind of like “Go Back Couple” and “Unfamiliar Wife”. I wasn’t expecting the amnesia plot but at least they will perhaps get to tackle their issues before completely walking away from the marriage by the time his memory returns. I’m assuming his memory loss is genuine since he seems to remember the past clearly. Mom seems to have her guard up but time will tell all. As to Eun Joo, I wish she never finds out that Dad is not her biological dad. However, I suppose if there’s a plot involving her biological dad, it can’t be helped. She seems to be close to her dad since the other children automatically assumed she would take his side.

I agree that dad’s amnesia is real . I would also love to see a reconciliation because I feel that mum still has feelings for dad seeing that she was affected to an extent by that annoying lady . Dad clearly loves mum . However mum needs to make it clear that her own needs & personal growth should not take a back seat anymore,

7 hours ago, ponderings said:

I wonder why she lived in US for a while. Was it because of family or education? 

I don`t really know. Maybe her husband had a job there or maybe they stayed because of their children.

Here is a short interview from 2016, where she is talking about her family but it is not translated.

Spoiler

On 6/5/2020 at 11:46 PM, partyon said:

It will be interesting to see what Eun Joo's husband is hiding. He does seem to care for her well being, so there must be some love there. I like the idea that he might be gay or that he might be having an affair, but my guess is that he might have some health issues that is preventing him from becoming a father?

I love all the cast and I sensed that it will be a story that I will like but one of my reasons to watch was to see Kim Tae hoon again. He played a gay man in Secret Boutique and I loved how he portrayed his tragic character there. I am sure he will do the same here (not so tragic this time... I hope. :D) I will be alright if he will have a gay storyline again but it is so soon, so I have a personal wish he won`t be gay this time. I want Tae-Hyeong and Eun joo`s marriage to have a chance. If not,  I will pray to see him in a romance drama with a happy ending next time.

5 hours ago, triplem said:

@icemaid @ktcjdrama @foreverempress so do you guys think we’re gonna hv a plot twist . The barista actually likes the husband not EJoo ?  So EJoo has been misreading the barista ? :w00t:

@partyon @Ameera Ali how come life is full of triangles? :lol:  Urggh drama should not do this to me .. I love KJS & SDW . But dating your boss can be tricky especially one who’s got some emotional baggage .

@triplem I think it would be quite creepy if the barista likes the husband, but still pays so much attention to Eun Joo.... I feel like it might not make sense.

I don't know but the after seeing the preview, I got the feeling that maybe the secret had something to do with Eun Joo? Maybe the barista and Eun Joo are siblings, and Eun Joo's husband found out about it?

It sounds very makjang I know, but this show is throwing us curve balls left and right. I don't know what to believe anymore :D

@larus Kim Tae Hoon is great and I hope that whatever the outcome is, he will get a happy ending. :)

Seriously what kind of VP make moves on his employe like that though. I mean I was ok for him help her away from her ex boyfriend but that should have been the end. if he was a real gentlemen and responsible VP he should know that it is not ok to do. I feel this gonna end very bad.... Well some article ago stated we gonna see a friends to lovers romance between EH and CH! so looking forward to that. They already have a very comfortable report and she can be herself with him. But I do not mind writer take time with this and show a natural progress into romance territory. Anyway we can already see that he maybe have some feelings for her hidden. :) 

Wonder what EJ husband is hiding. gonna reserve my judgment until knowing what that is. Also the revelation at the end of ep. 2. what impact this gonna have?

Is father and mother gonna fall in love again with each other?

7 hours ago, triplem said:

Reality :D 

5ede3a1d310d3055049724.gif?download

kdrama : most amazing moment when I do laundry :D

15916220991591622079.gif

@triplem if he into the husband poor thing her life wouldn’t be the same :joy:

I am not sure why tvn streams are not working..frustrating! And no one seems to have uploaded on IG

Anyway @Ameera Ali @partyon I think we can put aside that crazy thought of mine first...another plot twist...while dad and mum went to get his truck back , he tried to pretend  like he knew what was going on, and the people at the warehouse found it strange that he seems to be different. BUT...suddenly a young guy who was limping walked towards him calling him dad...mum saw this! Dad could not remember a thing...omo!!! Does dad have another child that mum is not aware of? This drama is full of secrets - :w00t:

And @sal2 you're right about the VP...he's smooth and my roving oppa eyes is always swayed by Shin Dong Wook :lol:...but he is not good news. I have a feeling that EHee will be hurt...

Here there's a lot of flirting going on but of course EHee changed tone when she saw her colleague approach. 

These 3 siblings are often bickering

Spoiler

Preview

Hmmm I think CH  trying to talk some sense to EHee about continuing her "dangerous liason" with the VP  -  seem  like we will see the VP's fiancee tomorrow. And oh my ...does mum have a date with someone else? The sisters do have a lot to sort out between themselves. 

2 hours ago, sal2 said:

Seriously what kind of VP make moves on his employe like that though. I mean I was ok for him help her away from her ex boyfriend but that should have been the end. if he was a real gentlemen and responsible VP he should know that it is not ok to do. I feel this gonna end very bad....

I totally agree.. He is hot, but that's totally unprofessional behavior to hit on your employee first time you meet her. It felt forced somehow, and with him throwing the photo in the drawer, I almost thought that he may have planned to sleep with our FL to get back at his fiancée. He is not good news!

Excited for tonight's episode! :)

@triplem Thanks for the updates gurl! :kiss_wink:

@Ameera Ali  Not sure about grocery guy, but someone or something is making mom smile.... :lol:

I am on the fence when it comes to dad. I think he's not as innocent as he looks. He for sure is hiding something. So is the mom!

Ooooooh, this drama is more makjang than I thought. We should call @Lmangla here! :joy:

20 minutes ago, partyon said:

am on the fence when it comes to dad. I think he's not as innocent as he looks. He for sure is hiding something. So is the mom!

hmmm I guess the title makes even more sense now right? It is not just dad forgetting who his kids are but the family is hiding things from each other .I think after watching with subs  we will have a whole list of secrets . Just when you thought you knew your family :ph34r:  ....wow the trust issues that we will all have after this. 

Good point @Ameera Ali but I wonder if that kid was from a previous relationship dad had maybe before marriage to mum....

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

hmmm I guess the title makes even more sense now right? It is not just dad forgetting who his kids are but the family is hiding things from each other .I think after watching with subs we we will have a whole list of secrets . Just when you thought you knew your family :ph34r:  ....wow the trust issues that we will all have after this. 

Good point @Ameera Ali but I wonder if that kid was from a previous relationship dad had maybe before marriage to mum....

So true about the title Unfamiliar Family! There is no trust between them because everyone's hiding something.

A little psychology here:

The FL (sorry, forgot her name) has issues handling her emotions. She shows classic symptoms of attachment theory problems with her not being able to regulate her emotions. When something unpleasant happens, she totally overreacts and decides in the heat of the moment to abandon the person she feels is causing the negative emotions in her. Her emotions take over and she isn't able to think rationally. This is her way of coping, but actually it is a very poor way of coping because in the end it will cause her even more heartache. When you abandon someone, you abandon yourself as well.

Her sister also displays symptoms of attachment theory problems, with the opposite behavior. She is very hard on herself and she feels the need to be in control of her emotions and life all the time. By being so harsh and demanding towards others, she is showing that she feels the same way towards herself. She probably treats herself in an equally demanding way. Her coping mechanism is to be in control of her feelings, which is the totally opposite from her sister.

Essentially both sisters have the same problem though: neither is able to have a healthy relationship with their own emotions, pointing to the fact that they didn't have a very stable upbringing (meaning that the attachment between parents and children didn't develop as they should have).

What caused this, I guess we will find out....

But we know that, growing up as a child in an environment where your parents were strangers, love wasn't shown and where you felt that there were secrets (no open communication), would cause attachment disorders.

Sorry for the long post. :)

EDIT: The dad was only 22 when he married, so I would find it perhaps more probable that the extra kid came later? Not sure though. :)

@triplem 

the grocery guy & mom clearly got something to do with each other :D 

1- she don’t want him to see her holding hand with her husband . 

15916566671591656655.gif

2 - he knows better than her husband what is her favorite fruit :phew:

ezgif-5-9d62c011ca8f.gif

3 - he open the store in their area for personal reason , what personal reason could be , could he be the man who pregnant her before she get married;)

15916571171591657103.gif

but loved how her son is into her lies :joy:

Spoiler

15916577641591657747.gif

Archived