[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

Oh. It looks fun. I like SJH since pinocchio. He looks cute with his two sisters. I like family drama but sometime couldn't bear with their long episodes and dragging in-laws problems or some sort of those stuffs. Hope this one would be light and has something different with its family bond is still kept within the main story. 

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on May 18th
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim Ji Suk Is The Guy Friend You Wish You Had In Upcoming Drama “My Unfamiliar Family”

May 4, 2020
by E. Cha
d4b8015573774790b2ddc7b17d54ee10.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Unfamiliar Family” has shared a sneak peek of star Kim Ji Suk in character!

“My Unfamiliar Family” will tell the story of the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family—and family who are like strangers. In the drama, the characters find themselves growing apart from their families as they get older, and their secrets pile up as they have a hard time opening up to those who are closest to them. On the other hand, they also learn that sometimes, life introduces you to strangers who can share and understand your deepest emotions and secrets.

Han Ye Ri will star in the drama as the optimistic and overly considerate Kim Eun Hee, while Kim Ji Suk will play the role of Park Chan Hyuk, her close guy friend and former college classmate who becomes her relationship coach to get her back in the dating game.

A free spirit who thinks outside the box, Park Chan Hyuk gave up on his dreams of becoming a photographer in order to head his own media company. As a perceptive realist with strong powers of observation, he is able to quickly pick up on what others are thinking and feeling, even if they attempt to hide it.

On May 4, the upcoming drama released its first stills of Kim Ji Suk in his new role. In one photo, Park Chan Hyuk looks serious as he listens to Kim Eun Hee open up over a bottle of soju, proving himself a reliable friend who is always ready to lend her an ear. Another photo captures the cute bickering dynamic between the two friends, with Kim Eun Hee glaring at Park Chan Hyuk while he wears a satisfied smirk.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1398172wpp/kim-ji-suk-is-the-guy-friend-you-wish-you-had-in-upcoming-drama-my-unfamilar-family

Han Ye-ri adorably upset at best friend Kim Ji-suk in new stills for My Unfamiliar Family

by tineybeanie

strangersfam5.jpg

I want to be Han Ye-ri (Nokdu Flower) in My Unfamiliar Family because I would have Kim Ji-suk (When the Camellia Blooms) as my smexy best guy friend. As previously reported, My Unfamiliar Family tackles the topic of difficult relationships that can sour from misunderstandings and walking different paths of life. It will showcase an ordinary family whose members have grown distant from each other over time, and how some acquaintances feel closer to them than family because of common perspectives and time spent together.

At the heart of this family is Han Ye-ri who plays the considerate second daughter. She works at a publishing company, and has a positive attitude about everything. Kim Ji-suk is her best friend of more than a decade, and they’re shown in various stills interacting with each other. Despite his free-spirited, independent ways, he’s a realist at heart. He gave up his dream of becoming a photographer to pursue the more financially stable path of starting a media company. He often gives Han Ye-ri’s character realistic advice about her problems and secrets.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/han-ye-ri-adorably-upset-at-best-friend-kim-ji-suk-in-new-stills-for-my-unfamiliar-family/

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST - Premieres on June 1st

I am really looking forward to this drama! The story is relatable to many people around the world.

It's nice that we get a melodrama - hopefully it's not too focused on romance. The synopsis is a bit vague. Hopefully we will get more information soon. :) 

On 5/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, triplem said:

Despite having their time apart, Kim Eun Hee and Park Chan Hyuk comfortably gaze at each other. They knew one another more than they know their self. It instills anticipation on how their friendship blooms into loving each other more than friends.

Well that sealed it for me that it's going to be a romance drama.... :joy: I am a bit conflicted about this, as we don't often get to see in Korean dramas where a man and woman stay as best friends without romance. It is possible to have a person of the opposite sex as your best friend without developing feelings for him/her, and it is unfortunate that this is (almost) never portrayed in dramas. :cry:

On the other hand, having a love relationship with a person who was your friend first is the recipe for a long-term stable relationship (in most cases).

I will check this out because I need a melodrama, and I love Kim Ji Suk :heart:

May 18 2020

Teaser trailer #3 for tvN drama series “My Unfamiliar Family”

My_Unfamliar_Family-T3-SM1.jpg

Teaser trailer #3 added for tvN drama series “My Unfamiliar Family” starring Han Ye-Ri & Kim Ji-Suk. Teaser trailer #3 begins with Han Ye-Ri stating “I made an accident.” Captions follow with (0:02) “Single accident,” (0:08) “Secret that gets revealed,” (0:13) “Family like stranger,” (0:17) “Stranger like family,” (0:22) “Can we understand each other?” Meanwhile, below are still images from the drama series. Main characters Kim Eun-Hee (Han Ye-Ri ) and Park Chan-Hyeok (Kim Ji-Suk)  have been friends for 15 years. They are not family, but they know each other better than most family.

“My Unfamiliar Family” first airs June 1, 2020 in South Korea.

more http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-3-for-tvn-drama-series-my-unfamiliar-family

Watch: “My Unfamiliar Family” Shows The Trials And Tribulations Of Family In New Teaser

May 26, 2020
by L. Kim
f7aa4a36e7be47b7b01d15dd7731f0f1.jpeg?s=

Families: can’t live with them, can’t live without them.

That’s the theme that will be portrayed in the upcoming tvN series “My Unfamiliar Family,” a story of the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family—and family who are like strangers.

Han Ye Ri will be starring in the drama as the optimistic and overly considerate Kim Eun Hee, who is the second daughter in her family. Kim Ji Suk plays her free-spirited college friend Park Chan Hyuk who becomes her relationship coach to get her back in the dating game.

Chu Ja Hyun will star in the drama as Kim Eun Hee’s older sister Kim Eun Joo, a practical realist who used to work as an attorney, while Shin Jae Ha will play their sensitive younger brother Kim Jin Woo. Finally, Jung Jin Young and Won Mi Kyung will star as their parents Kim Sang Shik and Lee Jin Sook, respectively.

On May 25, the drama released a new teaser that begins with Park Chan Hyuk saying, “Do you know what the problem is with families? They don’t say what’s on their minds. Then one day, they explode.” His words hold true as tension erupts between Kim Eun Hee and Kim Eun Joo and as Kim Sang Shik and and Lee Jin Sook exchange harsh words.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1402694wpp/watch-my-unfamiliar-family-shows-the-trials-and-tribulations-of-family-in-new-teaser

Chu Ja Hyun, Han Ye Ri, And Shin Je Ha Talk About Upcoming Drama “My Unfamiliar Family” And What To Expect

May 29, 2020
by R. Jun
3005849ddccb4c54b93b2ce1e3d5b571.jpeg?s=

The cast of upcoming tvN drama “My Unfamiliar Family” introduced the drama and what viewers can expect during an online press conference on May 27.

The drama, starring Han Ye Ri, Kim Ji Suk, Chu Ja Hyun, Jung Jin Young, Shin Jae Ha, and more, is about the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family and family who are like strangers.

Director Kwon Young Il commented, “Family dramas usually focus on happy families or love between siblings, but ‘My Unfamiliar Family’ will show the realities of today’s families. It might even be so real that it makes you uncomfortable.”

Actor Jung Jin Young, who plays the father of Chu Ja Hyun, Han Ye Ri, and Shin Jae Ha, said, “I think the story of the various characters and how they’re all intertwined will be really fun.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1403293wpp/chu-ja-hyun-han-ye-ri-and-shin-je-ha-talk-about-upcoming-drama-my-unfamiliar-family-and-what-to-expect

Chu Ja Hyun Talks About Upcoming Drama “My Unfamiliar Family” + What Makes It So Relatable

May 29, 2020
by E. Cha
22c46c41a27044dd9e1701e5cc0857f6.jpeg?s=

Chu Ja Hyun has shared her thoughts on her upcoming drama “My Unfamiliar Family”!

“My Unfamiliar Family” is a new tvN drama about the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family—and family who are like strangers. In the drama, the characters find themselves growing apart from their families as they get older, and their secrets pile up as they have a hard time opening up to those who are closest to them. On the other hand, they also learn that sometimes, life introduces you to strangers who can share and understand your deepest emotions and secrets.

Chu Ja Hyun will star in the drama as Kim Eun Joo, the seemingly cold and aloof eldest daughter of her family. Once a high-powered career woman who graduated from a prestigious university and worked as an attorney, she is now a housewife who has trouble confiding in anyone about her problems.

Chu Ja Hyun has shared her thoughts on her upcoming drama “My Unfamiliar Family”!

“My Unfamiliar Family” is a new tvN drama about the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family—and family who are like strangers. In the drama, the characters find themselves growing apart from their families as they get older, and their secrets pile up as they have a hard time opening up to those who are closest to them. On the other hand, they also learn that sometimes, life introduces you to strangers who can share and understand your deepest emotions and secrets.

Chu Ja Hyun will star in the drama as Kim Eun Joo, the seemingly cold and aloof eldest daughter of her family. Once a high-powered career woman who graduated from a prestigious university and worked as an attorney, she is now a housewife who has trouble confiding in anyone about her problems.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1403318wpp/chu-ja-hyun-talks-about-upcoming-drama-my-unfamiliar-family-what-makes-it-so-relatable

Stills

Han Ye Ri + Chu Ja Hyun Are 2 Sisters Driven Apart By One Fateful Incident In “My Unfamiliar Family”

Jun 1, 2020
by E. Cha
1a6d3bf4d33b4d43ae6d8ab629a740b7.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “My Unfamiliar Family” has unveiled a sneak peek of the tense dynamic between sisters Han Ye Ri and Chu Ja Hyun!

“My Unfamiliar Family” will tell the story of the relationships and misunderstandings between strangers who are like family—and family who are like strangers. In the drama, the characters find themselves growing apart from their families as they get older, and their secrets pile up as they have a hard time opening up to those who are closest to them. On the other hand, they also learn that sometimes, life introduces you to strangers who can share and understand your deepest emotions and secrets.

The upcoming drama will star Han Ye Ri as the optimistic and overly considerate Kim Eun Hee, who is the second daughter in her family, and Chu Ja Hyun as her practical and realistic older sister Kim Eun Joo.

On May 31, “My Unfamiliar Family” revealed a glimpse of “that fateful day” that changed the relationship between the two sisters forever by causing them to grow apart. In the newly released stills, Kim Eun Hee and Kim Eun Joo are engaged in a tense confrontation as they react completely differently to the same situation.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1403795wpp/han-ye-ri-chu-ja-hyun-are-2-sisters-driven-apart-by-one-fateful-incident-in-my-unfamiliar-family

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다 - Mon & Tue @ 21:00 KST
14 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

i think this is the drama which better watch binge rather than wait every week ? because i dont even know where the plot will goes from the synopsis. 

Did you check it out yet? It was good . I know we're often watching a number of the same dramas, think it may resonate with you. It is one of those very deep and realistic slice of life dramas . The focus of the drama I believe will be about the untangling of complicated and strained relationships between the members of this family. One of those "healing dramas".

It was a power pack 77 minutes , and I was engaged throughout because I could relate to the characters. Some of the main highlights of eps 1 :

The narrative at this point comes from Kim Eun Hee ( Han YR's character ) . In a flashback to 5 years ago, her break-up  with her then BF of nine years led to a fallout with two important people in her life - her older sister , Eun Joo and best friend Chan Hyuk ( KJS's character) . The  ex BF had been somewhat cheating on her and she was mad that Chan Hyuk who was also friends with the ex BF, did not tell her about it. She also got mad at Eun Joo who was not very sympathetic to her plight as the older sister had always been telling her that something was wrong with the relationship. Eun Hee wanted to be comforted but EJ was not the sort to molly coddle her sister. ( EJ just had a miscarriage and having a tough time herself but did not share this with EH; EH did find out much later) . The issue really was EHee- instead of looking inward then to the root of the problem ( which was actually the incompatibility and drifting apart btwn her and her ex) , she took it out on others. Anyway fast-forward 5 years later, she realises this and had the opportunity to apologise and reconnect with Chan Hyuk , as well as make up with the sister. 

A note on the siblings - EJoo married a doctor , Tae Hyeong (played by Kim Tae Hoon) - materially they have it all but the couple's marriage is strained despite putting on a very amicable front with each other and in front of her family. Seems the inability to have kids may have been a factor. Adding some layer to that story is a cafe barista that seem to take a great interest in EJoo. She usually goes there to write . A lot of flirting going on there but EJoo has not crossed the line.  The youngest of the 3 is Ji Woo ( Shin Jae Ha's character) who had just been discharged from the army and working part-time for Chan Hyuk's media agency. The older sisters often see JW as still their baby brother who is not quite grown up yet, but as CH tells EHee, he's actually great at his work and is not the young boy his sisters see him to be .

Another main plot point is the breakdown of the marriage between the parents.   Mum has been feeling suffocated over the years having spent a greater part of her life a housewife and raising the kids. Now that the kids are all grown up , I think she has finally decided that she wanted to rediscover herself and do the things that is close to her heart ( like volunteerism etc) and so tells dad  that she wants to "graduate" from the marriage. Not exactly an official divorce , because it would be troublesome but she wanted to sell the apartment and they live apart. Dad of course was not happy. Dad has always worked hard all his life providing for his family , and was taken aback that mum felt that way.  But I think maybe over the years ,  they may have taken each other for granted . So anyway mum tells her kids about this decision.

So the story takes an interesting turn -dad had gone hiking and went missing ; it was later found he had been knocked unconscious. In the preview , we see that he has some sort of memory loss where he thinks he is still young, and that he and mum have not had kids yet.  On EHee's side of the story - we saw in eps 1 that while on a company team dinner to welcome the new boss played by the very dashing Shin Dong Wook, she bumps into her ex. The next morning she comes to tell CH she made a big mistake , and I believe that the  big mistake was that she may have used her new boss ( who seemed to have taken an interest in her ) to get back at the ex. :lol:.

@partyon @joonminfan I think oppa KJS picked a real good project . I enjoyed it and hope more people pick this up. TVN is really winning it for me this year ( Hospital Playlist , Oh My Baby,   When My Love  Blooms and this).

———

Drama off to a good start 

Archived