[Drama 2020] My Unfamiliar Family, (아는 건 별로 없지만) 가족입니다

0ly40

I missed most of the episode today as I was busy, but here's the last part so SPOILERS.

After seo young tells him that she mentioned the word "baram shi" to Eunhee and told Eunhee off about how she uses CH as her relationship advisor, and that she thinks that Eunhee would have thought Chanhyuk told Seoyoung about it.... he gets worried. (Seoyoung actually peaked at his messages and find out hence told EH off) After EHs been avoiding him all day, even after she went to his company to see her brother, he texts her a few times during her company dinner if she can talk to him now. After asking twice, he says pls call me. And says he is going to her office to find her. During the office dinner, Gunjoo keeps complimenting her, making her feel awkward. Anyway, she gets Chanhyuk's call, and she picks it up after running out. He says he needs to talk to her, even if its 5 mins, and she tells him to just say it on the phone... but he said if its something that can be said like that, you think i would be taking a cab to you now?

Eunhee stays at the dinner place when everyone is gone, and Gunjoo comes back to talk to her. She said she's waiting for her friend. He said to her: In front of people just now, i wasnt able to say what i wanted to say.

He asked what does she want for herself? Does she just wanna stay as a team leader, and doesn't have any other ambition? She said her goal is life is to be someone without greed/ambition. Her phone rings again, so she leaves the restaurant. Chanhyuk waits for her outside. She comes.

CH: If you answered my call, i wouldnt have came all the way to say it. From today onwards, we are done. You're out. (the exact same words she said to him 4 years ago).

In the preview, he said she was being very impolite/uncourteous to him. EJ tells her that if she feels said over what she heard from him, it means she likes him... She types "Sorry" to him.. End of preview, she talks about being friends, not a guy and a girl. And he said to stop.

NO WAYYY, they really are dragging this relo out... like we had expected. Damnitttt

^^ Quick translation of what @triplem posted.

1st Video

EH: What's happening, anything good happening? you look happy.
CH: Of course, my mood is so good.
EH: Listening to this makes my tummy ache.
CH: Not something you need to feel a tummy ache for.....

He says he going to try to get his driving licence! And Eunhee congratulates him saying she will let him use her car. Then she looks at him with suspicion saying she understands everything. "Is it because of the dating (sogeting, which is blind dates of friends of friends in korea) that Jiwoo mentioned of? Saying he must have it hard without driving when he is trying to date/meet girls. EH: My tummy hurts now. He tells her is not like that, and they play around (Her punching his tummy) She asks is it because its the fastest area to learn driving here, thats why he is here? Then she walks off saying he is too obvious and she can't be tricked. As she walks away, he looks at her as if she's some beautiful goddess. She turns around as he looks, and asks what's happening? And he says, i wanna try it too. While we are friends, i glanced at you from time to time, keeping captures of your smiles and thought of them before sleeping, I wanna try that. And she gives the confused laughter, and he follows and copies her. He asks why is she being so awkward so quickly, and says lets go and eat cause im hungry.

2nd Video
He walks towards her,  but she beats him with her bag.
CH: What's happening all of a sudden?? Are you drunk?
EH: Im just angry all of a sudden.
CH: Why?
EH: I feel sad about all the times ( their old days together) that we have forgotten about. And you couldn't contact me first? Did you have to win me? Did you feel sorry to me? Arent you curious about how i have been?
CH: The one who said we shouldn't ever see each other again was you. So based on what could i have contacted you. Don't regret the times that has passed. It makes you look pathetic (doesn't sound that harsh i just dont know how to better translate it. Literally translation means, you look like nothing).
EH: What do you think would have happened if we never ended our friendship?

And in her head she says: Just like the rumours, would we have dated? and she stares at him. He walks closer to her, and puts his hand on the wall next to her and kisses her.

KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA im dead. okay no, that was her imagination.

And she wakes up from it saying its not possible and apologises.

CH: what for?
EH: Even if back then that didn't happen, we would have continued being friends, then somehow fight again, and then we wouldn't have been friends again anyway.
CH: How has your conclusions/thoughts been these days? "AH This is irritating, frustrating" isn't that your thoughts all the time these days?

She looks at him likes its spot on, and walks off.

CH: Hows your three way relationship now (love triangle)? all clean?
EH: To be honest, what was there to clean up. When you're older, its good.. It's just faster. Let's forget it. I dont want to talk about this in front of the Deoksung wall.
CH: Why are we here together on a night like this?
EH: We must miss being 20.

NOOOOO all these almost together, and then no. But okay it's fine, we expected it. But pls just, im okay if you guys don't date (no i'm not) but like, at least don't have shitty misunderstandings like you both are 20. 

Like why is he suddenly saying what she said about her being out of his life. Or is it like a lead up to a confession. Like you're out as my friend, you are my gf now YAY. But probably not cause obviously the preview still shows more dragging.

okay hope these are good enough to keep you guys till subs are out! Goodnight ladies.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Busy morning and just have moment during my LATE lunch time to write some thoughts.

Last night lost internet, it was PAINFUL. We are really spoiled as I rely on it for this and streaming etc. LOL.

Hugs @Redpinkboxes for your hard work! OMG I just watched all the LIMITED clips on tvN just now.

You are a star!:heart3:

@triplem Hugs my dear! Sigh, I was RIGHT and we had expected to be TROLLED. Dang it! I was hoping not but it looked good in EH imagination of CH being manly closing in on her with the standard one had to the wide of her head at the wall. (Gosh fave stance--- either back hugs or stand close to the gal and back them into the wall with one hand to the wall). Not going to lie, I was thinking this is TOO good to be true, I feel that we are being tricked.  When EH got back to reality and CH is like what? What? DANG it writer nim!

I agree about being trolled. OMG wish I was wrong.:kicks:

Yeah the clips 

-GJ talking to EH at the bbq place --I was like why is she with him? I know she would not be willing with him unless work function/after work meal/drinks (so that made sense cause we know she decided to not be with him)

-Interesting now that GJ is not "seeing her" he is very invested to see her write/ do more. Is that his way to worm his way to her heart? Or just not see her lose her job and just get a bright future with writing and not lose out by not doing ANYTHING with it.:emmm:

-CH meeting up with EH and repeating every word she did to him (when she found out about Jongmin cheating on her and saw him at his apartment and told her verbatim) we are done. (I guess time to get a taste of her own medicine)

(You know they cannot be completely over unless he quits the contract with her publishing company cause he would have still talk with them -not like SY or JW can talk to them on his behalf to avoid EH in the future.)

-CH meeting up with EH and telling her he was going to get his drivers license was cute. EH mentioning she knows about the seon (선)(Good she did tell him she knew. She was not supposed to know.) 

Spoiler

Seon (선) is meeting of two people with the potential intention of getting married if all works out. 

Sogeting is just meeting and casual dating --to find a partner but NO intention of getting married.

This is why I did not write Sogeting.

https://koreancultureblog.com/2015/04/30/korean-dating-culture-how-to-find-your-mr-or-miss-right-in-south-korea/

-I loved the LOVING expression gazing at EH as she was walking to her car. Awwww why you have to DRAG it out to get those two together?

-Not going to lie better give us some AMAZING CH and EH scenes (once they DO get together as we we are patiently awaiting those moments). 

-Looks like dad and mom are working things out, dad has SERIOUS illness/life threatneing (headaches or stuff hope not brain cancer or something lethal) Why would he want to commit suicide from the preview?

These two are so afraid of crossing the boundaries and saying their true feelings for each other!!! I can be frustrating because both of their personalities are so similar!!! They understand and empathize for other people. While EH likes to express her feelings outwardly, CH tends to take it inwardly.

EH will need to learn to cross that friend boundary and finally tell CH straightforwardly her feelings. As for now, I feel for her when she exclaims in the beginning of the episode, "Everything is a bother!" 

SxIVfRW.jpg

I love this scene. Seeing the transition back to their younger selves and their smiles was lovely and innocent. 

fVLRLQJ.gif

---------

EH's personality was brought up again in this episode. During the team dinner celebration, the VP was asked to share EH's personality. He describes scenarios of when EH thinks about others. She cleans up after everyone. She orders a vegetarian dish during team dinners. She's always helping others and she's the last one to leave the room. We see her do the same in her family setting, too! Some might fight her tiring. Some might misunderstand her for being too nosy and being a busybody. But what she loves is harmony amongst people around her. 

So I'll like to talk about her own space. We first see her own living space in episode 7 where all three siblings come together. So not introducing her own space with just EH emphasizes her personality, to create harmony around people.

VOCWRww.jpg

The space looks warm and exudes familiar vibes to her former home with her parents and siblings together. 

Spoiler

awsWAFX.jpg

What makes her childhood home a little bit different from her own space is that it looks more colorful and it has shelves of books.

9yOZ028.gif

It shows that EH loves reading and writing a lot. In addition, people who generally read can empathize and understand people a lot better. EH can feel people's moods, feelings and energy deeply and she's always ready to be there for people. What might makes her overwhelmed is that she has so little time to sit down and think about her own feelings.

So that's why I love seeing her in her own element, her bedroom. (ep10)

R2HbD58.jpg

It's just beautiful with the warm red tone along with the blues and greens! Also in the first picture I showed in this post, we see another perspective of her bedroom where she sits at the couch. Next to the couch and lamp is a bookshelf. I sense that if we ever get a time gap, she will write books. We know that she won a literary award and the VP has mentioned to CH that she should write a book. Honestly, I can imagine EH's life in another season! 

Just watched it since i missed most of it last night...

That convo between CH and EH was so sad. 

I feel like EH is trying to be honest with CH, without crossing the line because she doesn't want to confess clearly and making things awkward with him if he didn't feel the same.

She said what CH said later in the episode first.

"I have a confession to make. Back then, while saying we were friends, i did look at you from time to time, taking photos of you in my head, and thinking of them right before i sleep"

CH replies, why are you suddenly mentioning that?  

She says, i just became curious. I wondered if you ever felt the same way about me. 

And CH ponders for a moment, probably thinking if it was time to confess, but she butts in out of probably nervousness of rejection, and cut him short, saying "I bet you never did, and thats why i find it comfortable and relaxing with you"

^^ This line probably caused CH to hesitate and hold back on confession, as if EH was completely over her feelings with him, it did make her feel uncomfortable with him, which will then cause their friendship to be awkward, in which he doesn't want, just like EH.

Also the last part, when he said, from today onwards it's over. You're out.

^ I'm trying to understand why he did that, but i believe its because he is annoyed with her and jumping to conclusions. She concluded that he shared her secrets with Seoyoung. And not just the conclusions, but the fact she never confronted him, and did not ask him and left herself to believe he wasn't being a nice friend. And he is annoyed with that, the fact she never clarified with him. But i don't believe he wanted to end it, he just wanted to let her know he is angry so that she will confront him.

CRIESSSSSSSSSSS this friendship thing all over again. Why is friendship romance always so hard? Because when you like a friend so much, you did rather not have a relo with them and just stay friends with them forever. Damnit!

This week's episodes:

Eun-Joo: Can't blame her for not knowing what she wants after all her life-quaking bombshells. Wants to continue to live with her husband. Changes her mind and decides to divorce, wants to fight her mother-in-law. Husband doesn't have much to say except to just keep telling her to not do this, not do that.

Acts all distant towards her siblings. Okay, so they don't have the same biological father, but don't they have the same mother? Aren't they the same siblings you grew up with? I realize she has walls around her, but they didn't do anything wrong so she should not push them away.

Geon-Joo: Okay, very unhappy with him. Tells the other employees what he thinks of Eun-Hee, talks about how generous and caring she is to a fault, then says, "it's not a compliment, that behavior can be tiresome." Was he embarrassed about what he said? Or just being a petulant brat because she dumped him? AWWW, GROW UP.

Chan-Hyeok: Of course we are rooting for him but why did he push Eun-Hee out of his life again? I'm confused. What we do know is that Seo-Yeong blabbered a bunch of personal "advice" to Eun-Hee which made her upset that Chan-Hyeok is talking about her with Seo-Yeong. However, this was a misunderstanding because Seo-Yeong is just being nosy.

And then he calls and texts, but she ignores him. So he goes to speak to her and tells her she is "out." Very puzzling. I guess we'll find out more tomorrow.

--

Ep. 12 Preview:

http://program.tving.com/tvn/myfamily/9/Board/List

Eun-Hee asks angry Chan-Hyeok the reason, and they tell each other things that they couldn't say before.

Sang-Shik wants to recompense Eun-Joo for what she's suffered, but that makes Eun-Joo sad.

Eun-Hee spends a night at Eun-Joo's place, and they comfort each other's difficulties.

Hyo-Seok comes to see Eun-Joo before he leaves.

Eun-Hee tells Chan-Hyeok that she cannot have a romantic relationship...

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [1st Week of July, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from June 29 to July 5 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on July 6.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of July
1. tvN “It’s Okay not to be Okay” - 34.13% (0)
2. KBS2 “Once Again” - 13.43% (0)
3. SBS “Backstreet Rookie” - 10.95% (0)
4. tvN “My Unfamiliar Family” - 6.44% (+2)
5. tvN “Oh My Baby” - 5.12% (+3)
6. MBC  “Kkondae Intern” - 4.87% (-2)
7. KBS2 “Into the Ring“ - 4.81% (NEW)
8. MBC “Dinner Mate” - 3.93% (-1)
9. TVCHOSUN “The King Maker” - 2.8% (0)
10. KBS2 “A Dangerous Promise“ - 2.69% (0)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of July
1. tvN “It’s Okay not to be Okay” - Seo Ye-ji (+1)
2. tvN “It’s Okay not to be Okay” - Kim Soo-hyun (-1)
3. SBS “Backstreet Rookie” - Kim Yoo-jung (0)
4. KBS2 “Into the Ring“ - Nana (NEW)
5. tvN “My Unfamiliar Family” - Han Ye-ri (+1)
6. tvN “Oh My Baby” - Jang Na-ra (+1)
7. SBS “Backstreet Rookie” - Ji Chang-wook (+5)
8. KBS2 “Once Again - Lee Cho-hee (-3)
9. KBS2 “Once Again - Lee Sang-yeob (+5)
10. KBS2 “Once Again - Lee Min-jung (+7)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

I will not comment much about ep 11.

My favorite scene was when Sang sik was meeting Jin Sook at the retro cafeteria. He wanted to go somewhere for the older people but there were only young people there. :D He searched on Internet where to have a date with Jin sook but he was even more puzzled, Jin sook drinking coffee. I liked their scene. I see that they will start dating again. Nice.  I just hope Sang sik`s health scare is not a serious problem. I don`t mind if he won`t be a driver anymore but please, writer nim, no incurable illness trope! That I can`t take.

Eun hee and Chang Hyeok... I still like them.  I know that they will get together eventually but am getting tired.

IMG_2007-800x600.png

If both of them want to same thing, just get for it. Please! I don`t want to hear one more time let`s be friend and then see them have lingering feelings. The writer wants to get the same route of resolving all the problems in the last episode? Why I have the feeling that the writer beats around the bush with these two?

A memo to higher ups. Please, give Kim Tae Hoon a larger role next time. I want to see him lead a drama in the near future. PLEASE!

I am ready for the next episode.

Just rough typing as i go, so there'll be heaps of errors.

EP 12 Spoilers

(I can't type everything on the go cause they speak too fast but i'll do the best i can!)

Starts at the end of the last ep

Gunjoo came by and butt into their convo randomly. He then says his off.

CH thereby tells her to go join her workmates as he is done with what he has to say. He goes away.

She thinks back to what Gunjoo said about what she wants, and then about what CH said about how low does he think she is.

Dad says sorry to Eunjoo, saying he did not keep his promise to be the best dad to her and all. 

TH says he thinks he did his best.

Dad continues talking and kept praising Eunjoo. Saying how she shined in Uni and all. 

Dad recaps back to the past, telling her how he wasn't a good dad, so he wants to repay her his debt. He takes out the bank book and passes it to her.

He says: Please take it, because im a bad dad.

She tells her dad off, saying why he always has to take responsibility (about her, and youngshik and all). She asks if he would do the same with the bank book if it was Eunhee. 

TH says its because she doesnt wanna accept it thats why she's throwing a fit, but she says no, she'll accept it.

Back to CH and EH.

EH runs to him before he gets on the taxi: Don't go.

EH: I want to know why i'm out. The reason. At least back then, i had a real reason of why i outted you. 

CH: Clear reason? You still think that i hung out with that girl and Jongmin back then, and you never confronted me about it, and said sorry again when you met me even though you still think the same way?

EH: No, i know it now thats why i never asked you. I realised it was that girl's way of spiting me. But lets not talk about what happened then. i wanna know now why im out in this moment.

CH: "Because we are close, let's be courteous to each other". Why do people say that? That people with close relationships must be more courteous of each other. Then what is a close human relationship for if its not something that's comfortable? Anyway, im sick of the line. That i should be more courteous to someone close to me. You have been very uncourteous to me. So you're out. 

EH: Have you respected and been courteous to me then?

CH: Yes, i have. i think i have been courteous to you.

EH: But you told Seoyoung everything. Everything about baram sshi and all. In a situation where im not there. How could you do that?

CH: Did you really see me so lowly? 

EH: It was the secret between me and you. She used the exact same vocab i told you and told me about it. So how would i have known, and what should i have done.

CH: If you've set your mind that way, I don't know why i'm still getting angry over you being like this. The one who is being weird is me, being angry over your assumptions. Im the fool that didn't know that night was a secret and told everyone about you and I at the Deoksung wall.

CH: Lets end it here. 

They both part ways.

TH calms EJ down and comes out to speak to Dad.

Dad asks TH if they are living happily and well together. TH replies yes.

EH walks alone, wandering on the street. She calls TH, asking him where EJ is. 

He says she's resting.

EH asks if EJ still avoids and he asks her if she wants to speak to EJ.

She says no, and ends the phone.

In a voice over she says: The person i want to see most at this moment. My sister.

Mum goes to EJ's house and meets dad outside, and Dad asks why she's here.

He talks about giving the bank book, and dad says he made EJ cry. 

He talks about why he wanted to repay his daughter, and asks mum to help him talk to her.

She says she can't go in.

She asks if EJ said anything. 

She then says... Eunjoo knows everything. She knows you're not her real father.

Eunhee and Jiwoo also knows.

Dad looks sad and lost.

He asks why she told them.

She then says everything that happens is her fault to him. 

He walks away sadly.

He recaps what Eunjoo says, and walks onto the street, trying to suicide possibly.

Mum stops him and hugs him from the back, saying to stop.

CH returns to the office, and Seoyoung awaits him.

She asks what happened, asking if he settled it with EH.

He said he didn't wanna make the same mistake again, about being misunderstood (back with Jongmin's wife saying he hung out with them)

So this was the reason why he wanted to end things with EH. He was angry with her not confronting him about things, and just blindly believing what others says, even though he is her close friend. 

He asked why she looked at his phone.

She says she wanted to see his text with her mum, cause he talks to her mum sometimes, because she wanted to know about her mum's thoughts about her ex.

She says her mum pretends she doesnt know anything, being nice and all, buying gifts, as if nothing ever happened.

He tries to explain things from her mum's end. 

EJ talks to TH, saying what she said was right, that she should have told dad, because its not nice that he is the only one that doesnt know.

TH says EH called, saying she didn't sound good. 

She picks her phone and contemplates on calling EH.

EH comes, asking where TH is, and EJ says he is in his room and won't come out after he goes in.

She takes out the beer.

TH comes out and EH says she'll be staying the night.

TH tells EJ not to drink beer because shes eating meds and tells EH to stay the night.

EH says: Someone told me im out today. It's the words i said to him and you before. And it hurts
EJ: If you hear those words, and you are sad, it means you like that person.
EH: When i told you its the end between us, did you feel sad?
EJ: No, because as we both know, we don't like each other.

She sighs and then talks about what Gunjoo said now, about the ambition talks and all.

EJ: If that person says that, that person completely likes you.

As EJ looks at EH, she thinks about Dad.

EH: I always come to you whenever i need to be consoled. Even though you give me harsh words everytime, it ends up giving me strength.

EJ: Just deal with it on your own from now. I dont have the energy to do this for you.

EH: Whatever the case, don't say that our relationship will change like that. Just don't. I came to see you today cause i missed you. All of a sudden, i really missed you. 

She drinks her beer as she cries. EJ looks at her sadly.

Dad sits on the bus alone as he goes home, looking at his wound - from trying to suicide, and the handkerchief on top of it, presuming Mum covered it for him.

EJ and EH sleeps in bed, and EJ says she didnt tell dad. She couldn't.

EH hugs her. 

EH asks how much money was in the account. EJ says why do you need to know?

They talk about the money and how dad hasn't found a place to stay. EJ says where does he sleep now? EH pretends to not know he sleeps in a container.

EJ talks about how she hated being in their household. 

They reminensce the past, and what mum used to cook and all.

Eunhee then hugs EJ again. EH asks if EJ has ever been in love?

EH says probs not right? And EJ says what do you know about being in love? And EH says wow you've been! tell me.

And EJ just ignores her, and they fall asleep in each others arms.

Gah this sisterhood <3

Back to the office, CH tells JW and SY to shoot something.

JW asks if there's anything wrong, cause he saw her SNS.

She talks about if he saw it, he would know about her ex and him abusing her etc.

JW says he isnt the same CH, that he won't be like CH just because he feels sorry for her. 

They have a quick banter.

Gunjoo finds EH at her car with her junior. Junior goes to the backseat so he can sit in front.

In the car, Jiwoo calls her. 

JW: Are you busy?

EH: End the call in 30seconds.

SY steals the phone and explains the whole situation that she looked at his messages, and explains everything to her.

JW: I dont understand a thing she said.

EH: Why did CH have his phone... (Before she realises everyone is listening in the car and stops)

Her meeting ends (with client, Gunjoo and her junior), and she thinks of what CH said about how he was a fool and they should end it here.

Dad finds mum to return the handkerchief she used to cover his wound.

She says he came all the way here for this. And asks if his wound is fine.

HE said its just a small wound. 

She said its not about that.

Mum talks about how he should have just continue forgetting everything and living happily in peace. 

Dad says its no fun without her, being alone. So come with me. He pulls her and brings her into a car.

He tells her about his one sided love (what he thought it was). He says he owes his kids nothing and they don't owe him anything, but he owes her everything.

He pulls her seatbelt for her, and says lets go. Mum loooks nervous <3 Cute!

Eunhee drops Gunjoo home, and Gunjoo said you must feel bad about what i said yesterday.

She says no and she doesnt care.

He says but i care about you. He then says about how much theyve shared and all.

She says: Do you think i never thought about it? which was why i tried it with you. 

But she tells him off about what he said.

He continues saying some stuff and says because knows Eunhee is a good person.

He leaves and Eunhee calls Jiwoo.

CH hears that JW is talking to her on the phone in the office.

EH asks what was all that about, and why did SY see his messages.

EH realises that they are all around, and tells him to go out and speak to her. 

JW leaves the room, and CH asks what happened to SY.

SY says she confessed to EH about looking at his phone.

Dad brings coffee to Mum.

Dad: I wanted to try the things kids do these days, drinking coffee like that.

They then cheers, and started to drink the coffee looking at the night view of seoul.

Dad: DO you know when i started being angry with you?

Mum: How would i have known. I only remember the times you threw stuff and all.

Dad: I know. It was because of that book. The book you read intensively.

She asks which book. And goes back to find the book and reads the line he said. He said cause of that line, he thought she always missed Eunjoo's dad, and thats when he became like that.

Mum goes home and reads the line, and realised they have been living with all these terrible misunderstandings.

EH parks her car and sends CH the same text.

EH: Can we talk now?

She types that she's sorry, but erases it.

EJ meets with the barista. Barista talks about his story, and how he got mad with TH. 

EJ explains TH, saying while he was angry with TH, he didnt understand it was not easy for someone with everything to give up everything.

Barista says he decided to go to NZ after resolving the differences with that guy so he is going to live w him. He told her to tell TH.

She said she wouldn't. 

EH goes home and opens her laptop. She looks into a folder with her name, with all her writings. 

She says i also have ambition, as she looks at her own writing.

TH comes to find EJ.

TH: Was someone here?

She stares at him saying Ahn Barista is going to NZ. He said his goodbye. 

TH looks away blankly. He pours the red wine, and drinks it.

She looks at him sadly.

TH mum comes to find them at home, and tells her off about how drunk he became. 

She tries to go and open TH room door (He locked himself in the room)

He starts throwing things inside.

Mum asks her what happened to TH. 

She told him about the guy TH liked, and said you might not have known, but TH really liked him. 

Mum says are you saying this to make me angry.

EJ: You love him, so why can't you understand him. 

She tries to make mum soften up and accept TH.

EJ sits outside his door after his mum leaves as she cries.

EH texts CH again the next day. "Can we talk now?"

CH sees it, and ignores her again. 

Mum leaves home and find Dad outside. He asks her about how to do his laundry, and opens the car door, where she finds a rose.

He asks: Aren't you getting on the car?

They go and eat some food, and he talks about how they ate ramen together last time, and both tried to make each other eat more of the food.

His mouth is filled with the Jajjangmyeon sauce, and she wipes it for him.

So he makes his mouth more messy, wanting her to wipe it again

Another day, he comes, talking about anchovy fried rice and questions about it. Opens the door again and theres white flowers. Mum smiles.

They go to the arcade and played together happily (omg they are so cute)

Dad seems like a Kim joo won in love HAHAH.

At the end of the day, dad sends her home and says: The next time, shall we have a real date?

Ji woo wakes up to see the flowers at home.

Mum left a note for him saying theres food in the fridge. 

He feels weird that mum's not at home on the weekend and gets suspicious.

He finds a price tag on the floor and was shocked his mum found new clothes.

He goes into his mums room to find plushies. (probs given by dad hehehe)

Eunhee texts CH again, asking what he likes to eat and lists a few food saying she brought delivery and is outside.

He opens the door, and she passes him an apple (Apple has the same vocab as apology in korean) and then pretends to carry a heavy bag of food.

CH: Don't pretend, how would you have brought it here on your own.

EH: I made the same mistake again.

She explained about what happened with SY. She told him that she was just thinking things about his relationship with SY.

They have some cute banter and then head in.

She talks about the food she brought.

He talks about her apology. She says since you accepted the apple, you accepted the apology and cant take it back.

CH: you must be very sorry to me.

She asks him to go make the ramen. 

Gunjoo receives a email from Hara, telling him about how she told Eunhee they slept on their last night, and how Eunhee didn't accept the phone.

EH: Just like back at Deoksung, all my actions had a reason. Meeting you again, i was happy. I had different emotions with you, but because i didnt want to lose as a friend again. When i found you again, i just wanted to be friends with you again.

CH: So that day, when u came to tell me  about you and player boy, it was cause you wanted to start the friendship and make it clear with me, to draw the clear lines as friends.

EH: Yeah.

CH: so you did that to make sure we won't cross the line.

EH: Its just me that couldn't.

CH: I understand. Were you that burdened about what i said about stealing glances at you? and that i did think about you before you sleep?

EH: Isn't it nice to be out of the office? The weather is nice.

EH goes to find JW and EJ at the cafe. They talk about how Ahn left to NZ. JW talks about how Dad's room is empty, and mum has ssom. (Something going on, *flirting)

He talks about the flowers he sees and all.

EH says why are you telling us this? Why cant mum have a bf anyway. 

They say don't you have a secret too?

EJ: You have a secret, i have a secret too, Eh defs have one too.

EH says i want to know your secret.

TH comes by, and asks if they ate already. 

JW and EH goes off together.

JW: I think this is the first time in life that i feel EJ and TH are comfortable.

they talk about mum and her "bf", and JW says, i just made this occassion to meet you guys cause i missed eldest sister.

JW then asks: Do you know why CH doesn't have a licence? Have you thought about it?

Dad gets ready for the date. He waits for mum at the bus stop, and then goes to buy flowers.

Mum is nicely dresssed dayum!

He watches her from across the road, holding flowers. He walks in parallel with her. 

Mum realises, and looks back happily at him. They both smile at each other (*Puddles*)

They both look like little youngsters in love. They cross the road towards each other.

Dad voiceover: Jinsook, it's not too late right? Im coming to you. 

In that moment, he gets giddy, and faints on the ground in the middle of the road.

Mum screams: Sangshik sshi!

Dad voiceover: Can i love you again?

As he loses consciousness. 

END!

EJ: What do you want to do most after graduating from marriage?

JW: As a friend/family, you really dont know anything do you?

EH: Give me one chance as well, to be your safe space (as she hugs him from the back).

JW: Dad!

Dad: Get on!

JW: That night, (I can't hear this well).

CH: I forgot something important.

Dad: Don't tell the kids.

----

Seems like they will be covering CH's childhood trauma of why he can't drive. And finally, EH can become his safe personal space. 

I know alot would be angry with CH for telling her she's out. But i understand him. 

For the misunderstanding she never cleared with CH, in that CH never hung out with Jongmin and his affair. And this time again, instead of trusting him as a friend, she believed whatever Seoyoung said, without clarifying with him.

I don't blame EH though, i would have jumped to the same conclusions without asking CH, cause it was so explicit and who would have thought SY would look at their messages. 

But... it's ep 13 next week, so enough of this dragging, OTP needs to get together asap!

15 minutes ago, Redpinkboxes said:

And EJ just ignores her, and they fall asleep in each others arms.

Gah this sisterhood <3

I look forward to the sister`s scene the most. I always liked their scenes together.

Thanks for the recap.

@icemaid thank you so much for sharing OST part 4! It's such a good song!!! Now I just have to wait for them to upload it on Spotify and stream it along with the other songs. :heart: I wonder if they will release more songs or will they settle for just four songs? 

@Redpinkboxes OMG to type the dialogue so indepth doing the recap---you are amazing and patience and very much all kinds of wonderful! :winkx:

OMG as I just finished lunch and read your AMAZING recaps.

@ponderings Thanks for another great post my dear. I loved reading it. Actually while watching it I thought of you looking at EH in her own apartment. So to see you write about it, very cool!

-EJ and EH talking. I am glad that EH said she missed EJ. Glad that EJ said that GJ likes her about the ambition /what she wants in life. When EH was hurt about CH , she likes him. Funny how she was like, when I heard you say it I was not hurt EH because I don't like you . Awww sisters.

-Dad and mom going on dates--going on dates and flowers . So cute. Glad they are able to rekindle and have fun and bury the hatchet. I am still concerned about the serious health issue.

@larus I agree with CH , EH did not give him a chance to explain with Jongmin and that woman he cheated on her with  and this time it is AWKWARD to confront SY about what she knew. STILL the principle of trust and actually believing the other person's words without the person a chance to explain. Tough.  Of course his words hurt EH, cause I am sure it HURT him tons.

I am glad CH did not give in IMMEDIATELY and let her squirm. EH had to feel the pain. Heck poor CH had 5 yrs! 

Glad that SY fessed up to CH and to EH, she did not have to. But as a naughty and good dongseng, she went and cleaned the mess up. She really did keep her word, she is the annoying dongseng indeed.

Liking TH and EJ have a more friendlier relationship now that the ice is broken and can talk and be around each other. Also the chat when dad finds out from mom the kids know about EJ parentage. Sigh.

I am excited to learn more about CH next week. Our OTP ship will sail just don't drag it out too much! Only 2 more weeks left of this drama.

Ok back to work friends! 

edited to add clips

Spoiler

Previews 13:

In boys over flowers manga, there is a scene where Makino loudly muses if Rui should declare his feelings for Shizuka before she leaves for Paris.

Rui was hesitating as he didn’t want to hold Shizuka back.

But then Tsukasa points out that in  not disclosing his feelings would be to equivalent of not loving that person. What does difference does it make then?

Friendship or love... It’s a tough choice. People may ask, why not have both?
The risk losing a close friend who has been with you through the best and worst of  times can be daunting.There are people who tend to stay away from their exes after they break up and move forward in their lives.
Imagine in their case - the loss of losing both a lover and a friend at the same time. It would be a hard loss to recuperate from.

But if you don’t take a chance, how would you know for sure? Maybe you would get rejected but maybe you would get the best relationship in your life. If your friendship is strong, even if you break up, you will still remain friends if you both choose to. At least you won’t spend your entire life guessing “what if?”

EH and CH had exchanged harsh words with each other before their first friendship break. For 5 years, both were hesitant to take the first step. But as soon as they met each other, CH asked EH out for dinner and EH apologized for being wrong and breaking things off.

One of EH positive attributes is that she is empathetic. On the down side, she has major abandonment issues. Thus the policy of trying to keep everyone happy. Maybe she thinks that she doesn’t deserve a decent guy.

CH is frustrated that EH doesn’t trust him enough to vent out her true feelings. He really wants her to confront him so that he can show that in spite of all the arguments that they will have, he is not going anywhere. Of course, he doesn’t know what happened to EH during her childhood, which is making him defensive. This in turn is spoiling their friendship instead.

The drama has portrayed very beautifully as to how we all have different faces - the world face, the close friends face, the family face and your private face. Maybe once we feel accepted for our flaws and strengths we may show our private face to our loved ones...

I can't believe it's 12th eps already. Sook and SangShik relationship is getting better, but the illness... :tears:

I think the time also will heal EJ. Just like the time heals us all in this life. Anyway that barista looks nice with his new haircut lol.

As for CH-EH I thought the ship would be sailing already, but maybe the writer wants to keep that precious ship, until the last moment. In this case, even Mr.Im got more sailing moments with EH, more than CH.

Maybe on the next eps, we're going to find out about CH trauma or issue or reason behind the driving license. And then after that the ship is gonna sail soon. *finger crossed

This episodes never fail to tell complicated, woven stories of the family.

I am glad we found out why SY looked into CH's phone and we learn about her conflicted feelings towards her family. CH mentions that his parents' actions are a way to " try to protect a family from crumbling." It's ironic because in SY's case, she doesn't feel heard and understood by her parents. It hurts even more because those are her parents. She wants her parents to care for her. We see this problem repeat over and over between EJ and her father, EH and EJ, EJ and mom, and so on. 

And when the three siblings meet at the cafe, I love how EJ and EH both responded at the same time, "So what?" to JW's suspicious of mom's some-time relationship. :lol: EJ continues, "I have a secret. EH has one. I'm sure you have one, too." I love these siblings. But as we know when the parents talk about EJ knowing she is not biologically related to dad, mom notes, "No secret lasts forever." I look forward to the family members coming closer as they open up their wounds and share these complicated, conflicted feelings. 

The moments between mom and dad show there's honest, open communication now. Dad started getting mad at mom because he misunderstood her. He read the book that mom read and thought the line she underlined meant she was longing for EJ's dad! Oh the misunderstandings. 

Speaking about misunderstandings, EH empathizes with the people around, but she has poor judgment. She jumps to conclusions and she continuously misperceives CH's character. She has created this strong boundary between CH and herself because she's so afraid. She's trying so hard to convince herself to not cross the boundary because deep down she cares for CH. As @blue003 mentions, she has abandonment issues. I also add onto the analyzation of her character. She has inferiority complex. She compares herself against SY and that's why she felt insecure towards CH. She thought lowly of CH when actually she has judged him against her sentiments of inferiority.  In addition, this is how she sees herself,  "I know I look like a pushover to other people. I know how toxic, mean, and hurtful words are to people, so I can't say it to other people." She's constantly thinking about other people, but she fails to see herself. She's much more than that and she deserves better!

This writer has written each character with so much dimensionality and personality and I especially how she has drawn out EH's character. I'm falling in love with her as each episode goes. I am rooting for her happiness. I am rooting for her to overcome her fear, abandonment issues, and inferiority complex to be true to herself and then to go for CH! 

------

Aside from that, I'm loving the sisterhood. It's genuine, raw, and wholesome. I love that EH tells EJ that relationships don't change. Please don't say it so easily. And I love the talk they have before going to sleep (: 

1qROScK.jpg

8Lsx4ii.jpg

@ponderings I love this episode and the sisters friendship (your pics) were my fave of them too this episode. 

The pure love and care they have. They know what the other will say and when it comes to JW (they are a united front). When EH confessed wanting to see EH just because. When she called for EJ, the fact she worried EJ Unni was ignoring her. EH really is sensitive.  I too loved that EH said relationships don’t change! :wub: EH knew that EJ won’t console her as that’s short lived. Instead thanks to EJ words, after a few day’s she goes about how to resolve her situation. EJ is so blunt but perceptive. The fact EJ shared you like the guy ergo you are hurt by what he says to you. Also the other guy talking about your lack of ambition is a way to get your attention .

GJ admitted saying that to have her look at him. He doesn’t want to miss out being with her. Later when Hara confessed not hearing from him, she figured EH didn’t tell him she knew of their last “night“ together.

I loved your post @blue003 about CH and EH relationship, the different sides of ourselves and whether to cross the blurred line of friendship or love. 

I love EH and CH and I am glad to see EH finally being someone for CH this time around. Poor CH had to deal with EH jumping to conclusions without explanations must have hurt a lot. I am glad CH is not letting it slide so easily. Good he made her sweat it a little. But glad EH told him why and sorry.

Yes EH admitted to CH but feeling worthy as she described SY -as she is above her in her head. Def the inferiority complex definitely doesn’t help at all and EJ had informed CH who couldn’t believe it. Now EH is coming clean about her feelings only supporting  her words.

@nat_phoenix88 I agree I love that the parents are dating so cute!

Archived