Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

So after watched ep 15 my reaction about THE JAILED WITCH IS:

:evilelmo:

AND

:hypehype:

Her personal dog is the murderer but why he is confessing to ES now? BTW today is the finale and i know for sure ES and WJ will survive and live happy ever after with JM!!!

Great drama, i loved mother-daughter relationship the most!!:ohboy2:

• Like 8
  • Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick translations preview ep 9 (may contain some mistakes)   JM: Actually Woo Joo is my adoptive daughter HR: What I worry about is when that man knew about why Ji Eun Soo is approaching

Okay, so now it seems like Se Mi knows that Ji Min knew she was cheating on him. She says to him that she went to break up with that man, and thus that mistake happened. Now I don't know whether it wa

I have to agree with @Lmangla episode 4 really hit it for, emotionally as well. I was already feeling for Eun Soo and even Ji Min and his struggles. But episode 4 just made it much more clear and I ha

3 hours ago, lolly84 said:

So after watched ep 15 my reaction about THE JAILED WITCH IS:

AND

Her personal dog is the murderer but why he is confessing to ES now? BTW today is the finale and i know for sure ES and WJ will survive and live happy ever after with JM!!!

Great drama, i loved mother-daughter relationship the most!!

I think he is going to hurt her. She had cuts on her face in the preview, that jerk killed her husband, she could tell he did it because she heard music when the murder happened and it just played, cliff hanger.

HR also looked smug in the preview.

• Like 6

Lee Yoo Ri Doesn’t Hesitate To Risk Her Life For Her Daughter In “Lie After Lie”

9d324ff2061f4157b7632381e5d4e87f.jpeg?s=

Oct 24, 2020
by L. Kim

Lee Yoo Ri will be undergoing surgery in the final episode of “Lie After Lie.”

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Ji Eun Soo officially cleared her name, and she married Kang Ji Min (Yeon Jung Hoon), the adoptive father of her biological daughter Kang Woo Joo (Go Na Hee). However, they are yet to achieve full happiness because Kang Woo Joo suffers from an incurable disease, and the only way to save her is a transplant surgery.

On October 24, the drama shared a peek at the final episode. In the new stills, Ji Eun Soo is wearing a hospital gown. Despite the fact she has to undergo a risky operation, she wears a peaceful smile on her face. Kang Ji Min gazes at her with a mixture of worry and guilt, and his family surrounds both Ji Eun Soo and Kang Woo Joo with concerned expressions.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433440wpp/lee-yoo-ri-doesnt-hesitate-to-risk-her-life-for-her-daughter-in-lie-after-lie

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1
27 minutes ago, maribella said:

I think he is going to hurt her. She had cuts on her face in the preview, that jerk killed her husband, she could tell he did it because she heard music when the murder happened and it just played, cliff hanger.

HR also looked smug in the preview.

Yes, he apparently murdered the husband and also Eun-Soo's father, too. His face was seen driving the car in the CCTV video that Secretary Yoon found and left under Eun-Soo's father's urn.

The previews are teasing the possibility that Eun-Soo might die during the transplant surgery. (Nooo, that will be too tragic.)

I thought Kim Ho-Ran turned herself in way too easily. So she's obviously hiding a much bigger secret, right?

Kudos to all of you who guessed a lot of this before! Like Kim Ho Ran was probably abused by her husband (bingo) and that Ki Beom was not her biological son (bingo) and she probably had him killed (bingo!)

All good... except it's always upsetting to see scenes of abuse. Even if it's Kim Ho Ran and we hate her. I've been seen a lot of that in K-dramas lately. Sad.

So I'm bad at figuring out these mysteries, but I'm great at obsessing over pointless details! So Ji-Min's sister - she's the owner of that cosmetics franchise. When she sees in the news that the CEO of that cosmetics company just got arrested for conspiracy to commit murder, you would think she'd be concerned how that might affect her business. (No, just me? :lol:)

I'm glad Se-Mi is no longer insane.

It was really sweet when Ji-Min gave Eun-Soo the family registry showing that he is now her spouse and Woo-Joo is their daughter. Awwwww.

I really hope there is a happy ending tomorrow.

• Like 8

did anyone feel ep 15 was rather anti-climatic? so chairwoman walks in to the police station and surrenders herself the moment she finds out the henchman has been arrested? she didn't even fight it? after being so devious for so many years and going out of her way to harm eun soo and woo joo? ummm, okay...

@maribella ~ found her reason for killing off her step son rather strange. like you, I was wonder why rehab wasn't an option. and if she did order the hit, why was she obsessed on blaming eun soo? why try to kill woo joo? it doesn't make much sense. hopefully ep 16 gives better answers. @chickfactor ~ it seemed apt that rather than a ceremony, it was the family registrar certificate that has eun soo in tears. it is what she wanted more than anything. to not only have woo joo in her life but also ji min..

• Like 6

@LmanglaYes! Indeed it did! I was a little disappointed! They had been building us up for a showdown and then the Chairwoman just walked in to surrender herself. This seemed like a filler episode to me, with everything falling into its place. I didn't much care about the romantic scenes between the ML and FL. 

I would like to know if a third party, in this case, a journalist could be present during an interrogation and does he have a right to interrogate a suspect? It seemed a little odd to me.

Also, did I misinterpret the scene? I thought there were two children in the scene where we are shown the chairwoman being subjected to domestic abuse. A little boy and then an older teenager.  I thought the little boy crouching was the Chairwoman's driver/ secretary. There has to be something between Chairwoman and the secretary/ driver. Why are they both so dedicated to each other? They always have each other's backs. I would like some more clarification on this matter. 

All things considered, I still can't wrap my head around why the chairwoman hates the FL so much and wants her to suffer! I mean it wasn't her biological son, so what's the hullabaloo about? I am waiting for the big 'lie' to be revealed that apparently provoked the chairwoman to hate the FL so much and cause her so much distress. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

did anyone feel ep 15 was rather anti-climatic? so chairwoman walks in to the police station and surrenders herself the moment she finds out the henchman has been arrested? she didn't even fight it? after being so devious for so many years and going out of her way to harm eun soo and woo joo? ummm, okay...

I think she was protecting Kim by blaming both murders on Hwang. So now he is free to kill ES. I think JM will come to ES' house in time and Kim will be be caught. 

@Lmangla  the preview gave some idea why HR wanted ES dead. Something about ES letting her down. I think she's just evil, how could she put a hit on someone who did no harm to her, except maybe embezzling her company, which can be dealt with differently.

@confusedheart326 I think it was the same kid but just to show the abuses went on for years.

I wonder why she did not get the husband murdered.

@chickfactor I heard someone signed up as an organ donor in the preview. It's difficult to think it was HR so it must be ES. 
No she's not going to die. This is a feel good show.

• Like 8

I'm on vacation, so I won't be able to post as I usually do for each episode but will definitely watch the last 2 episodes and share my thoughts on it. :D

• Like 5
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

I would like to know if a third party, in this case, a journalist could be present during an interrogation and does he have a right to interrogate a suspect? It seemed a little odd to me.

I saw this scene in the raw episode and I inwardly rolled my eyes. A reporter shouldn’t be watching an interrogation like that. It felt so odd to me. And did he enter the interrogation room too? That’s highly unusual. I thought only police, prosecutors, defense attorneys and in some cases witnesses are allowed to do this. 

@maribella By her protecting Kim, I guess her last useless act is to have him deal with ES. What a loyal dog to actually involve himself in killing people for his owner. There must be more to this relationship. Why is he so loyal to go as far as committing murder? 

I imagine they’ll want to wrap up this part of the story early enough to cover the surgery and aftermath. 

@Jillia, enjoy your vacation.:happyshakes:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

As many others, even I found episode 15 anti-climatic. Of course, I believe that Kim Ho Ran surrendering means she is trying to hide certain things. Why did she protect the young Secretary? When she could have actually tried to put everything on him in someway or the other, or even use her lawyers to find a way, she confessed quite easily (I do understand there was an evidence directly towards her). Plus she said that the guy who was arrested was the who killed her son, while we know the young secretary did. Is she planning to have Eun Soo killed too, since she is going down the cliff, she wants to take Eun Soo down too? I really hope to see why Kim Ho Ran so easily confessed about it. I feel that there is one piece of puzzle still missing here. 

There was one really WTH moment in the episode. Firstly I was quite shocked seeing Ji Min in the interrogation room itself. I initially thought he was behind the glass, and that we seeing him could be the showrunners' way of showing he is behind the glass (which would be another WTH moment though). Anyway, what made it worse was Ji Min actively interrogating the suspect. I mean for sometime it looked like Ji Min was a detective and that too lead detective of the case. Firstly he was not at all related to Secretary Yoon to be brought in as testifier, nor was he a witness. Yes he found an evidence, but having a reporter in the interrogation room is not something normal. No matter how good he is and how good friend of detective he really is. 

Anyway, I really hope that we'll get a happy ending here. I know they have left the viewers wondering whether Eun Soo will die or not, I don't really want to see her dying. She finally deserves some happiness and peace in her life. I would lose my mind if the would show that Eun Soo died days after the surgery due to some complications. 

And Se Mi finally is back to normal. I was saying from the start, smack this lady and maybe she'll be back in her senses. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

ALMOST A HEART ATTACK HERE... When they were in operation room i cried...

:facepalm:

THE BEST FINALE EVER!!! WOO JOO CALLED EUN SOO OMMA AND ONE YEAR AFTER SHE CALLED AGAIN EUN SOO OMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:evilelmo:

WJ knew she was adopted and JM revealed ES as her biological mother!!! And all before the operation so that scene was very touching!!:7555_attack:

AND I'M DONE HERE!! Justice was made, they survived the operation and are happy!!!

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2
1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

There was one really WTH moment in the episode. Firstly I was quite shocked seeing Ji Min in the interrogation room itself. I initially thought he was behind the glass, and that we seeing him

@celebrianna@chickfactor 

you should watch Fatal Promise, the ML and FL were interrogating and investigating the crimes of the antagonists not once but many times. The first time they did it, I did go 'what?', then it happened time after time :joy:. ML was CEO and FL was also high up in the corporate. You would think they had important jobs but no. I thought it was hilarious. 

On the other hand, it must be annoying for South Koreans to have foreigners evaluating their systems from the kdramas.  

• Like 7
25 minutes ago, maribella said:

@celebrianna@chickfactor 

you should watch Fatal Promise, the ML and FL were interrogating and investigating the crimes of the antagonists not once but many times. The first time they did it, I did go 'what?', then it happened time after time :joy:. ML was CEO and FL was also high up in the corporate. You would think they had important jobs but no. I thought it was hilarious. 

On the other hand, it must be annoying for South Koreans to have foreigners evaluating their systems from the kdramas.  

No actually we are not really evaluating their system. It has been shown countless times in different Korean dramas, that even to bring a witness for cross examination, you got to go through procedures and cannot just bring them. So no one from outside can actually enter that room, firstly because it will disturb the whole interrogation process, secondly for the safety of the suspect himself. 

And bringing an outsider, who is neither detective, nor prosecutor and not even a lawyer or testifier or even family, and is actually is a reporter, is a no brainer. In real life, it cannot happen. Ji Min could be shown seeing the interrogation happening from behind the window (don't remember what that room is called). Him interrogating, that too better than the detective was too much for me. 

• Like 5

@maribella I expect anything in daily drama shows, like Fatal Promise. They’re so over the top that I don’t expect them to adhere to common sense and rules. Come to think of it, I suppose this show has its makjang elements too so having JM interrogate is just another one of those unrealistic moments. 

• Like 7
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

Hiya everyone.. that was a super ending. The last time a show made me cry this much was save the last dance. Eugene was great, but like many Kdrama actresses, they got their nip and tuck. She looks so different in the baking show. 

Now we know why HR wanted Woo Joo dead, she wanted Kim - director of planning no less, to inherit her company. Not her husband's company?

What a revenge, tit for tat, blow for blow. :wub:

There were some idiot moments like the interrogation and strange SM, YJ being so loyal is another thing but overall I truly enjoyed this show.

LYR was great as usual. So was HR and JM.

But my MVP is Woo Joo.

Ciao everyone, chat with you in another show, :Megathanks:For the great company.

• Like 6

Congrats to the cast & staff on the high ratings! ^^

[NEWS] “Lie After Lie” Finale Achieves Record-Breaking Ratings + “Start-Up” Soars To New All-Time High

3da41751f5cd40218d286e7a64493b8d.jpeg?s=

Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” ended with a bang last night!

On October 24, the hit drama closed out its run by smashing its own record for the highest viewership ratings achieved by any drama in Channel A history. According to Nielsen Korea, the series finale of “Lie After Lie” scored an average nationwide rating of 8.2 percent, easily beating its previous record of 6.4 percent from the night prior.

SBS’s “Alice” also enjoyed an increase in viewership for its final episode, which scored average nationwide ratings of 7.0 percent and 9.1 percent for its two parts.

Meanwhile, tvN’s new drama “Start-Up” achieved its highest viewership to date with its third episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 4.8 percent.

OCN’s new mystery thriller “Search” scored an average nationwide rating of 2.3 percent, with JTBC’s “More Than Friends” trailing at 1.1 percent for the evening.

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Homemade Love Story” remained the most-watched drama of Saturday night with average nationwide ratings of 21.2 percent and 25.1 percent for its two parts.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1433619wpp/lie-after-lie-finale-achieves-record-breaking-ratings-start-up-soars-to-new-all-time-high

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

What a nice ride it was!

Really loved this simple story with great acting and good writing plus directing. Good job!!! 

What I really miss is the glimpse of their daily life. As the couple start with a lie and alternative motive,(the romance was very neat and platonic) they should show us how happy they're in everyday life. Hectic, casual, ordinary life. 

I knew ES Won't  die so why dragged the death vibes in the last minutes!  

I can see JM is now good at cooking so they can present it like a happy couple sleeping and cuddling,sunrise wakes up JM,he kissed his precious wife and rush to make breakfast for the family while ES still sleeping and dreaming about good things. The family enjoying a happy breakfast and then go to say hi to grandfather..... 

I knew they're married actor and actress but i wasn’t even asking for high level kiss scene,  hugs were good for me, cuddling and a small kiss could send me to the moon! 

Anyway, loved it very much. Worth my time and emotions.  

• Like 7