Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

Looks like things went south with JM and ES. He wouldn't take her calls and returned all the art works she and WJ did. :unsure: 
We were right that Yoon was in danger. He had clear cctv pictures of ES' father's accident. Kim Ho Ran your goose is getting cooked. But she's also not very bright, made a call to her secretary ( I think, don't know his name), instead of the  truck-of-doom, it's the tall building scene.

I am always puzzled, even for Kdramas, why the writers do not have duplicates of threatening items. Stolen shares certificates for example are transferred, don't they have a central depository? Or weathy chaebols become penniless due to a bad deal or again stolen shares transfer. Wealthy corporate people use other people's money to do business, their own wealth is salted away so they will never have to move to a roof top room. :smile: Maybe they have to move from a 10,000 sq. ft. house, but not to a hovel. 

Anyway, the preview shows a panicking HR and the thick skinned SM turns up again. We are getting action. I see JM an ES working together to solve the two murders. They may not end up together but there would be hints, my guess. I am not sure how the time leap scene and airport running scene are going to fit into the storyline. :smile:
edit: Just watched the episode with subs. JM was very hurt, poor nice man. He still has not connected her to HR but the preview shows him looking at her snapshot, I think it will come out. Best part, HR wants her grand daughter whom she wanted dead. SM also wants her daughter. I am hoping the two witches will fight and ES will win.

HR has something to hide. :isannoyed:

• Like 11
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick translations preview ep 9 (may contain some mistakes)   JM: Actually Woo Joo is my adoptive daughter HR: What I worry about is when that man knew about why Ji Eun Soo is approaching

Don't think so. I think she said he came to her bakery.   I feel more for JM. His wife cheated on him, almost killed their daughter and 5/6 years later, he opened his heart to a woman who wa

watched ep 4 and the drama is really hitting its groove. am really enjoying it. @joccu @alleram95 @Susu ~ don't think the golfer david is looking for eun soo for romantic reasons. my guess is th

11 hours ago, maribella said:

Looks like things went south with JM and ES. He wouldn't take her calls and returned all the art works she and WJ did. :unsure: 
We were right that Yoon was in danger. He had clear cctv pictures of ES' father's accident. Kim Ho Ran your goose is getting cooked. But she's also not very bright, made a call to her secretary ( I think, don't know his name), instead of the  truck-of-doom, it's the tall building scene.

Secretary Yoon is also not very bright! Just carry out your plans! Don't tell the evil person what you're going to do!

I like this actor a lot. I'm sad this happened. But at the same time, it was a good "holy #$%!!" moment.

I really felt Eun Soo's heartbreak. I don't blame Ji Min - someone lies to you, you can't trust them anymore, that's natural. But I think once he finds out her backstory he will understand why she did that.

About Eun Soo's friend from prison (Jin Gook's mom) - does her husband know that she is a convict, too?

• Like 10
51 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

About Eun Soo's friend from prison (Jin Gook's mom) - does her husband know that she is a convict, too?

Don't think so. I think she said he came to her bakery.

I feel more for JM. His wife cheated on him, almost killed their daughter and 5/6 years later, he opened his heart to a woman who was using him.

She could just be honest from the beginning and be WJ's teacher. She could exact revenge on HR for trying to kill her baby.

• Like 12

Aish. This drama is just riddled with tropes and ep.09 was no different, in fact it was very predictable. I just knew something bad was going to happen to Mr. Yoon. I sure hope he made copies ha-ha! Maybe that envelope at the columbarium perhaps..?

Look, Ji Min shi I know you were burned by Se Mi and all.. but could you at least hear Eun Soo out!? And she needs to stop pausing between her sentences LoL tsk. Ugh what did Mr. Yoon discover yo? The suspense is killing me.

I hope Ji Min's  rambunctious family can bring Ji Min and Eun Soo back together. Poor Woo Joo.. on a shallow note, The Chairwoman's right hand man is quite the hottie eheheh.     

• Like 10
4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Secretary Yoon is also not very bright! Just carry out your plans! Don't tell the evil person what you're going to do!

I like this actor a lot. I'm sad this happened. But at the same time, it was a good "holy #$%!!" moment.

it really was! you know that something was going to happen to him but the moment was totally shocking. totally got a gasp from me. given how meticulous secretary yoon was, he would have definitely led a trail of bread crumbs somewhere.. in some ways, feel really bad for him - had a pang when he was begging for his son and when he fell from the roof. think he just had it with chairwoman threatening him to do things that was over his conscience. the devious woman still wanted woo joo dead. :blink::vicx:

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I feel more for JM. His wife cheated on him, almost killed their daughter and 5/6 years later, he opened his heart to a woman who was using him.

it was fun to see his family's reactions to finding out he was dating someone and how excited they were -- it really told you what a big step it was for ji min and how far he felt for eun soo. even though it seemed like really early stages, it was actually far more serious and earnest and it really broke his heart. awww, poor fella, it was really sad to watch him.... :heartbreak:

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

on a shallow note, The Chairwoman's right hand man is quite the hottie eheheh. 

kekeke... he is... too bad he is evil -- he seems like he has no qualms doing whatever she orders. why? where do these evil chaebols manage to find such loyal henchmen?

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@Lmangla

It's like Secret Boutique as well. The female lead (total girl crush with killer style btw) had a loyal and very cute right hand man too.. But his loyalty to her was partly out of affection and gratitude. I'm still bitter that they didn't hook up LoL. So I presume The Chairwoman's right hand guy is loyal for either the same reasons or she has dirt on him (not surprising tbh) Well it's a k-drama after all. Aside from the wardrobe, I'm watching for eye candy too eheheh.  

I'm a lil surprised that the chairwoman exposed Mr. Yoon's spying to Eun Soo. It was like shouldn't it be confidential? Then sadly Mr. Yoon had that accident.  

• Like 9

“Lie After Lie” Previews Serious Meeting Between Yeon Jung Hoon And Kwon Hwa Woon

516e19d0ef2a47dca602634043fef127.jpeg?s=

Oct 3, 2020
by L. Kim

In the upcoming episode of Channel A’s “Lie After Lie,” Yeon Jung Hoon and Kwon Hwa Woon will engage in a serious conversation!

The suspense-romance drama stars Lee Yoo Ri as Ji Eun Soo, a woman who puts her life on the line with a dangerous lie in order to be reunited with her biological daughter. After marrying into a chaebol family, Ji Eun Soo finds herself branded a husband-killer in the blink of an eye – and during her imprisonment for her husband’s murder, she loses custody of her daughter.

Yeon Jung Hoon plays Kang Ji Min, a reporter who unknowingly adopted Ji Eun Soo’s daughter Kang Woo Joo (Go Na Hee). Kwon Hwa Woon takes the role of Kim Yeon Joon, a professional golfer who is in love with Ji Eun Soo.

Spoiler

Previously on “Lie After Lie,” Kang Ji Min opened up his heart to Ji Eun Soo and accepted her confession. Just when they were developing into lovers, he found out she was his daughter’s biological mother. Betrayed by the truth and hurt that she had just been using him, he demanded she never come near him and his daughter again.

On October 3, the drama released new stills of Kang Ji Min and Kim Yeon Joon. The two characters are sitting across from each other at a cafe with stiff and serious expressions. Kang Ji Min seems suspicious of Kim Yeon Joon’s intentions, and Kim Yeon Joon’s eyebrows are furrowed in silent desperation.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1429316wpp/lie-after-lie-previews-serious-meeting-between-yeon-jung-hoon-and-kwon-hwa-woon

“Lie After Lie” Achieves Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet

864fbab9aa1d417f8c058d44f251b8f5.jpeg?s=

Oct 3, 2020
by E. Cha

Even amidst widespread changes to television broadcast schedules for the Chuseok holiday, Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” continues to go strong!

According to Nielsen Korea, the October 2 episode of the suspense-romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon scored an average viewership rating of 3.3 percent nationwide.

While the ratings fell short of those achieved by the drama’s previous episode—which set a new record for the highest ratings achieved by any drama in Channel A history—they still mark the highest ratings “Lie After Lie” has achieved to date on a Friday, when viewership is typically significantly lower compared to Saturdays.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429299wpp/lie-after-lie-achieves-its-highest-friday-ratings-yet

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2

I am actually happy that Ji Min found the truth in 9th episode. For me it was the perfect time, had it been later than this, I would see the drama rushing suddenly. Anyway, got to feel for Ji Min. He finally was courageous enough to open up to a woman only to find he was approached by her with the intentions of getting close to Woo Joo. I do understand him not buying any "I love you now" or similar things from Eun Soo. But well, we might see them together at least to protect Woo Joo and sort solve the murder. 

As for Se Mi, she is consistently continuing being a #*&@*. Loved how Ji Min actually thrashed her for playing dirty. I wonder how much lower will she continue to fall. 

As for Secretary Yoon, I am really shocked. Why do all people in dramas repeat same mistakes. If you've got a card which could bring down chairwoman, and you don't trust her, thus want to reveal it to the world, why go and show it to her? Why do people actually have to do it and get themselves killed? Of course I do think that he has the original docs saved somewhere, but it was really foolish for a person to do it who actually knows the chairwoman quite well. 

As for the recording and the papers he showed to her, we do get some hints that chairwoman was actually directly involved in Eun Soo's dad's death. But I think there is something else too. Her voice recording of giving order to kill her son or Eun Soo's dad? It sure is something related to them. I think it could be related to both, since it was a voice recording and some photos I guess in the envelope. 

Looking forward to today's episode. 

• Like 10

So I watched the episode and I enjoyed it again very much. It was like a bridge to the final arc of this drama and I'm here for it. I still like the pacing and I like that Ji Min now knows the truth AND is back to investigating what happened 10 years ago. :D

I was already wondering whether journalist Kang Ji Min left the town forever and would never be seen again.

And I believe it's going to be interesting to see him find out why Eun Soo wasn't able to take care of Woo Joo and what actually happened back then with Eun Soo's husband and the involvement of Kim Ho Ran.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h27m49s107.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h27m51s809.png

It's unfortunate though that Secretary Yoon did the same mistake as anyone. Going to the person and threatening by saying "here I have all the evidence, so don't you dare blame me or threaten my son". Why do people do that? Couldn't he have just gone to Ji Min right away? Why did he open his cards to the person he knew is the most dangerous one? I really don't understand. But other than that I wonder what is on the recorder and who hit and run Eun Soo's father? 

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h07m34s501.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h31m13s640.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h32m30s108.png

It's just sad that he was murdered (most likely by Kim Ho Ran's young secretary)... :( I hope someone will take care of his son.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h35m42s152.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h35m57s320.png

Then we have Se Mi who remains awful as always. Can we finally reveal to Ji Min's family she was a cheater? Also how dare she tell Ji Min Eun Soo approached him with a plan. What did she do? She did the same. But it was nice to see Ji Min calling her out on her dirty tricks and telling her to back off. I'm worried though since nobody is really counting her in as a threat people might forget her while Ji Min and Eun Soo take care of Kim Ho Ran.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h00m06s158.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h00m32s857.png

But I also thought it was important for Ji Min to call her out because he himself had to understand what actually happened and he obviously wanted to talk to Eun Soo himself. He was rather cruel when he said Woo Joo was abandoned by her birth-mother. It was almost like he wanted to have a reaction from her, so he would be able to read her.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h11m43s962.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h11m45s652.png

Which is why he took her to her apartment to take the "next step" in their relationship. But then he was rather sweet. I think if Eun Soo had said she didn't know he would've let it go. But I give her a lot of credit for not keep on lying but telling him she knew Woo Joo was her daughter. But I also understand his reaction and that he find her terrifying. It must be terrifying to find out the person you like is not who she really is. :(

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h17m31s392.png

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h18m58s161.png

Even her friend thought it wasn't a good idea. Like Min Jin, you're a real friend!

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-13h51m30s032.png

And I mean that both broke down in the end shows they were really IN this relationship...

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h20m50s925.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h21m02s095.png

I liked that Eun Soo was not giving up and even wanted to tell Ji Min she was in prison. Judging from the preview it looks like he will find out before she can actually tell him but I also hope they will sort of directly or indirectly end up working together to find out what happened 10 years ago and who killed Secretary Yoon. Please I need it!

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h25m32s365.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h25m42s128.png

vlcsnap-2020-10-03-14h26m06s092.png

I really can't take the pain and I can't believe the truth is out (and unfortunately Ji Min's family now believes he is dating, just when he basically broke up with her) and we still got 6 episodes ahead of us. I'm ready for them!

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

@Jillia you are right about Se Mi. She could do anything while Eun So and Ji Min concentrate on Kim Ho Ran. I actually see her continue playing dirty. She might go to Ji Min's parents and tell them about Eun Soo being an ex-convict. She might even blackmail Eun Soo about telling Woo Joo that she is adopted, if she continues seeing Ji Min. 

I want to see how David will fit in the picture. Will he confront Se Mi and not allow her do her dirty tricks and let Eun Soo continue her relationship and help her with it? Could be. But could he do something against the chairwoman? I don't think. For now, he has been acting immaturely. But I really want to see him do something productive, apart from trying to win over his Noona. 

What makes me crazy is, Se Mi is not at all sorry for anything. She continues to say leaving Woo Joo was a mistake, but I feel she is not even sorry for it. 

• Like 7

@Sleepy Owl

I think Se Mi is enraged because Ji Min is siding with Eun Soo despite her lying to him while he categorically rejects Se Mi and doesn't forgive her. But what she doesn't understand that what did wasn't just a mistake AND that just because Ji Min decides to take care of Eun Soo himself, doesn't equal him forgiving her either.

But Se Mi is just selfish and not seeing anything bad in what she did. And I'm definitely worried she might show up at Ji Min's parents. Especially since they believe she didn't do anything wrong in the marriage.

:fear:

I agree that David might play a part in all this now since he witnessed the fight between Ji Min and Se Mi and I hope he will become more mature and not use it to his advantage. We have enough antagonists in this drama. We don't need one more. :D

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Spoiler for ep 10

Spoiler

- Secretary Yoon didn't make it.

- YJ give JM the unsent letter of ES which proves how hard she tried to ask for help to clear her name

- JM finally start his (postponed) investigation about the incidents 10 years ago

- HR wants to see WJ when she is in the hospital

Preview ep 11

Quick translations (might contain some mistakes)

ES: Ji Min, I can't leave. No, I won't leave. I have to protect Woo Joo
JM: Please don't leave
HR: We need something bigger 
Secretary: I'll find out everything about Kang Ji Min and his family
HR: I've told you before. I'll do anything to have anything I want. I thought you too are the same like me
SM: The one who can win against your previous daughter in law is only me
YJ: Don't touch her. It is not something that concerns you
SM: Then do you want me to watch from the side when an ex-convict is getting closer with my man and child?!
WJ: What a relief. I really worried about you. I'm afraid that you will disappear
JM's mother: We need to talk
ES: They asked me to come? Aren't you curious about me? 
JM: Ji Eun Soo is someone that I love
SM: How can you be this shameless? Before I humiliate you any longer, should I give you the chance to leave? Or perhaps, should I just reveal all the truth?
HR: She even has hugged the child. I am worried that my granddaughter will get hurt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Just want to give appreciation to the actress who plays Se-Mi (Lim Ju-Eun). I'm so happy to see her because I think she's so pretty and talented, and haven't seen her in anything for a long time. Now I get to see her in this show and also in Empress Ki (which I am watching these days).

The first time I saw her was in Wild Romance. I don't recommend it (the plot is bonkers) but Lim Ju-Eun was so cute and funny in that show, it's one of the only things I remember about it.

Wild_Romance-Lim_Ju-Eun.jpg

Also, the actor Lee Won-Jong (Secretary Yoon) is in it, and Lee Il-Hwa (Evil Chairwoman Kim Ho-Ran) plays his wife.

Wild_Romance-Lee_Won-Jong.jpg

The next time I saw her was in Heirs, where she played the woman that Choi Jin-Hyeok loved, and he violently wept over her. Again, one of the only things I remember about that show.

So, yay to Lim Ju-Eun. I'm sorry she has to play a bug-eyed evil puppet to the Big Bad, but she looks pretty.

I'm sad Secretary Yoon died. I like this actor and I'll miss him. They gave us some hope by showing him being taken to the hospital in the preview but it is realistic that no one could survive that kind of fall.

I'm glad Yeon-Joon is being a good friend to Eun-Soo. At first he seemed way too intrusive and possessive, but now he is just being a great friend to her and that is what she needs more than anything. Yay, Yeon-Joon! (also, this actor is currently also starring in Zombie Detective, which is super funny)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

Lim ju eun also play the evil second lead in uncontrollably fond. 

Mannn i havent watch the full episode 10 ( only some clip ) but looking at the preview its look like jimin and eunsoo had found peace to each other again? 

It is sad that secretary yoon die. It will be traumatic tho to eunsoo that someone close to her die again. 

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1

I thought of rushing and watching episode 10, but this time Viki is subbing pretty fast, and I want to use their subs.  I hope ES and JM resolve their issues fast, because those two witches are after WJ.  And I think the cheater does care about WJ, just not as much as she cares about herself.  But she will get a shock when she sees HR trying to hurt WJ.

I wonder what the details of the dirt on HR were?  And could she really have tolerated her line being cut off?  I feel like she must have a secret son or daughter somewhere.

• Like 8

Perhaps HR was an abused wife and got away with killing her husband.

Looks like ES 's prison mate will betray her later. Husband had more screen time in the latest episode.

Yoon's death meant he was likely not the one who killed ES' s husband. Did he see HR in the car which caused ES's father to die?

Is the murderer the new character who JM bumped into?

• Like 9

Thank goodness David served a purpose LoL. He came through as his noona's saviour. 'Cause we got enough annoyance from the chairwoman and Se Mi so it's  a relief David's not added to it. 

His faith in Eun Soo was kind of..endearing eheheh. I liked how apt that artwork was to the chairwoman. She is two faced indeed. Se Mi brought up an interesting question though, why does the chairwoman hate Eun Soo so much!? It can't be 'cause she's the fairest in the land is she LoL!? 

Ugh Se Mi and the chairwoman now team up to tear Ji Min/Eun Soo/Woo Joo apart~ If I didn't know any better, I'd suspect Se Mi was the chairwoman's daughter! They are both diabolical,  wear red shoes and have the same hairstyle.

Ahahah it's lovely that Ji Min's rowdy family were all too pleased to take Eun Soo in. It's a pity that Mr. Yoon had to go, what becomes of his son I wonder?   

• Like 8
10 hours ago, chickfactor said:

So, yay to Lim Ju-Eun. I'm sorry she has to play a bug-eyed evil puppet to the Big Bad, but she looks pretty.

:hwaiting2: Bug eye is so common in Kdrama, a bug-eyed villain. I really don't like her eye makeup. It's too dark and heavy. She and the golf guy are really caricatures. Tone them down.

• Like 5

So Secretary Yoon is actually dead. But not all crimes are perfect, thanks to Ji Min the case can be investigated more and in the direction of it being a murder too. Chances are this will also be a bad move for Kim Ho Ran. Given her reaction, I wonder either she wanted Yoon to be dealt more discreetly or didn't really order his killing but wanted to get those evidence. 

Finally some development for David. He did something which was expected from him, matured up, spoke to Eun Soo, and told that he will always be on her side, no matter what. Gave all those letters to Ji Min, to show him how desperate Eun Soo was in proving her innocence, and to show why maybe Eun Soo really could not tell him everything. We see Ji Min conflicted. He knows the real reason, but can't really accept the fact that he was used in Eun Soo's big plan. We see him confronting her again in the hospital after she tells him everything. He was harsh, but well, from his POV, he was deceived and so forgiving her for it so easily is not something I really expect from him. 

I really loved how Ji Min confronted Kim Ho Ran openly. In my opinion it was actually a smart move by him. He sort of earned a protection by doing it. He openly indirectly accused her of killing her ex-Secretary who wanted to reveal something against her. Also sending him away when he was in between investigating her son's murder, stopping Eun Soo's letters to him and also he raised all those questions on her son's murder and indirectly proved and buried the seed of doubts in all reporters' mind there that maybe Eun Soo's was just a scapegoat here and not actually the one who murdered her son. 

Now this thing will actually act as an armor for Ji Min. Since he openly questioned Kim Ho Ran and also revealed the death of Yoon who died while wanting to reveal things about her, all eyes will be on her. She can't really harm Ji Min openly now, anything happening to him will make everyone doubt Kim Ho Ran, because once is co-incidence, but second time is never. Same goes with him getting transferred. She for now literally can't do anything to Ji Min, because everyone now knows he is investigating her and her son's murder and doing anything will point things to her. 

Also going by every episode, I really get more convinced that she got her own son killed. We see how she openly accuses Eun Soo for it, for her daughter's death and also now Yoon's death. She sort of means they all died because she was near them. "Your daughter died, because she was your daughter and you had killed my son" she has the ability to put blame on others and believe in it. She has conscience, correct, but I think this is how her mind works. She does it and reasons it as something had to be done and was done because of Eun Soo, so she is the one who caused it. So I really believe she got her son killed and now accuses Eun Soo wholeheartedly for it. 

Chances are the guy who we saw in the end of the episode briefly colliding with Ji Min in the past be the one who killed her son on her order. 

Talking about the preview, Se Mi will continue to be @#$%@$#%#$%#@$@%# and meet Ji Min's family. I think she is going to tell them about Eun Soo's past to them. She might be able to push Eun Soo away from the competition, but she does not that she was never in the competition. She is trying so hard, being delusional, I really see her being beaten by Ji Min's mom, if she ends up saying she only cheated on her son while Eun Soo is an ex-convict. I think Kim Ho Ran will threaten Eun Soo saying she will reveal everything to Woo Joo, if she continues to stay with her, Se Mi will do it with her past, good to see David standing against her. Loving the pace of the drama, and the mystery around chairwoman's death being teased in every episode.  

• Like 8
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말