Quantcast

[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick translations preview ep 9 (may contain some mistakes)   JM: Actually Woo Joo is my adoptive daughter HR: What I worry about is when that man knew about why Ji Eun Soo is approaching

Don't think so. I think she said he came to her bakery.   I feel more for JM. His wife cheated on him, almost killed their daughter and 5/6 years later, he opened his heart to a woman who wa

watched ep 4 and the drama is really hitting its groove. am really enjoying it. @joccu @alleram95 @Susu ~ don't think the golfer david is looking for eun soo for romantic reasons. my guess is th

wah, am enjoying the pace and the stakes with each episode. so we have eun soo making the moves and it is actually fascinating to watch. on one hand, she is really methodical in how she makes herself run into ji min but on the other side, this is a woman who is not a natural seductress. she is vulnerable, scared and not quite sure what she is doing. in many of their interactions, you can sense that she has to force herself to focus on the goal -- woo jin -- and then soldier ahead; like the scene after they finished painting -- she reaches to wipe the paint from his face and he is very aware of her but she doesn't quite catch on. he immediately backs out and leaves and you see her nervous, unsure if she made a mistake.

there are also moments when she is very honest and raw in conveying her emotions and she is not making it up -- it is a big deal to her that someone believes her and walking along a spring road with warm company. when she is honest, there is also a kind of poetry to how she conveys her thoughts and to a man who makes a living out of words, there is definitely a draw to that. so it is going to be difficult for ji min to separate what was planned and what was real. it is also apparent that he feels very comfortable with her that when they start talking, he shares a lot of personal history quite easily. and I liked how his office colleagues tease ji min and sense a romance that's happening. it is sweet that they are all happy for him and ribbing him with a song. 

am curious to see what secretary yoon is up to as it seems that he is trying to help eun soo rather than destroy her. if he lets someone else spy on her for chairwoman, both her and woo jin are in danger. at the heart of it, secretary yoon is not going to endanger a child's life. so he has to play his cards well as a spy. eun soo seems to see him as an ally as she is upfront telling him about her plans to seduce ji min.

am also curious about her former cellmate -- how did she get the son? she seems to be married to a guy who works under chairwoman. so that is going to get complicated... the drama is getting better!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

I loved Eun Soo and Ji Min's interactions as always. When she talked about it being the first time someone believe in her, ahh I just really felt for her there, and the scene where she genuinely sounded so relieved/happy that Woo Joo liked the drawing. With all the warm moments, though, I couldn't dampen the nagging feeling of "oh no, what will happen when Ji Min finds out", I can just imagine him thinking back to all these moments and wonder what was sincere and what was fake.

From all their interactions, though, I feel like the strongest pull will still be Woo Joo—she frequently brings up Eun Soo in conversation plus the personal art lessons are going to bring Eun Soo closer to both Woo Joo and Ji Min.

They also revealed a bit more of what happened in the past with Se Mi and how she ended up leaving Woo Joo alone. It really does seem that was the one "big mistake" for her and not the cheating incident.

37 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am also curious about her former cellmate -- how did she get the son? she seems to be married to a guy who works under chairwoman. so that is going to get complicated... the drama is getting better!

Yeah the former cellmate is worrying for me; she didn't seem too pleased upon hearing about Eun Soo's release. I wonder what happened.

The preview for Ep 6 has me worried, too, as even though Secretary Yoon seems to be trying to protect Eun Soo, the chairwoman looks like she'll piece together the puzzle pretty quickly, considering that she talked to Se Mi and probably got her other assistant to check too.

Also, if anyone's curious, the officemates were singing Cherry Blossom Ending by Busker Busker

Spoiler

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
2 hours ago, memory magnet said:

From all their interactions, though, I feel like the strongest pull will still be Woo Joo—she frequently brings up Eun Soo in conversation plus the personal art lessons are going to bring Eun Soo closer to both Woo Joo and Ji Min.

find it interesting that both ji min and woo jin have this strong pull towards eun soo; it is not like she is trying hard to impress them but there is something about her that she brings a smile to their face just the way she is. also find it an interesting triangle that is slowly knitting together.

semi on the other hand is a bit strange. she wants ji min because she misses him and then mentions woo jin like an afterthought. we don't see her mention how much she missed woo jin. instead, she just says woo jin needs her. so in a way woo jin is excluded from this relationship with her and ji min...

2 hours ago, memory magnet said:

They also revealed a bit more of what happened in the past with Se Mi and how she ended up leaving Woo Joo alone. It really does seem that was the one "big mistake" for her and not the cheating incident.

it is a little mind boggling that she calls it as one big mistake as if it was something minor. the child could have almost died because she ran out in a panic about her former boyfriend; thats why she doesn't see the cheating as a big deal because she broke it off. however, putting the child's safety at risk and causing harm to others in the building as well as property is not a minor mistake. so she deserved to get the whip from ji min....

• Like 10

Finished watching episode 5 and enjoyed it very much. I just like the pacing it seems slow but it actually happens lot. :D

I think the episode was all about Eun Soo finding her way back to Ji Min and Woo Joo. I have to admit in the beginning when Ji Min and Eun Soo met "coincidently" at the cherry blossom festival and everything that happened afterwards it felt very calculated. Especially since we got the first scene with her telling Secretary Yoon that she will stay and become Woo Joo's step-mother by being with "this" man aka Ji Min.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-11h47m43s943.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-11h48m38s130.png

But then I noticed later that she only moved into the apartment after she and Ji Min met at the festival and spend the day and evening. So I was able to enjoy their scenes more and feel more sincerity in Eun Soo's words...

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h00m54s522.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h11m32s934.png

...especially when she told him that his hands are as warm as his heart. MY HEART! :wub:

Spoiler

Warmhearted.gif

Credit: Gif made by me

And then her little note to Ji Min in which she thanked him for believing in her. I have to admit I got a little emotional during that scene. Because she has been through a lot.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h22m37s939.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h22m43s457.png

Ji Min meanwhile seems torn. He is definitely charmed by Eun Soo and I would wonder myself how they meet so many times. :lol: But I guess her words are enchanting enough to make him forget all these coinicidences.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h21m45s003.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h21m52s710.png

It probably doesn't help that Woo Joo herself likes Eun Soo a lot already. But Ji Min seems really like a wounded man when it comes to woman. The fact he stopped Eun Soo from wiping off the paint was speaking volumes.

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h45m05s810.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h45m04s073.png

But in the end he would do anything for Woo Joo, so to bring Eun Soo into their home to teach Woo Joo art... it felt weirdly eery for her to enter their home just like that, especially with the music.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h48m20s662.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h48m26s189.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h50m36s674.png

The episode was mostly focused on Ji Min and Eun Soo but we got some side stories... starting from Eun Soo former fellow inmate being married to the men who is working for Chairwoman Kim. While she apparently got the call that Eun Soo got released and her comment makes me wonder if she means Eun Soo and if she actually ends up being a antagonist? I don't think so but what do you make of it? :)

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h35m28s568.png

Then we have Yeon Joon's plot which doesn't give us a whole lot more other than he apparently met Eun Soo during a rough time and she gave him support. So I think the reason to find her might be to give something back to her. So it doesn't help that Se Mi starts to meddle and delete messages. That's going to fall back on her for sure.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h38m04s372.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h38m43s292.png

And then we got the flashback to what happened back then... So Se Mi left because her lover wanted to end things? Did I get that right? I mean even without all the cheating, leaving a sick child behind is reason enough to think about whether a marriage still makes sense but oh boy... if she thinks this was a mere mistake then I don't know. And she seems determined to get back to Ji Min and Woo Joo. Well I guess that won't be so easy with Eun Soo in the picture.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h30m13s518.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h30m15s660.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h27m36s630.png

Fun fact: Ji Min now knows Eun Soo's name but apparently he doesn't remember her as the Eun Soo he wanted to meet 10 years ago. But since he kept that letter I think it's bound to happen he will find out who she is.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-19-12h19m14s753.png

Definitely looking forward to episode 6 tonight! :D

P.S.: I'm curious what Secretary Yoon will tell Chairwoman Kim about Eun Soo's whereabouts. Right now I think he is siding with Eun Soo but they on purpose didn't show us his answer to her question. :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, Jillia said:

And then we got the flashback to what happened back then... So Se Mi left because her lover wanted to end things? Did I get that right? I mean even without all the cheating, leaving a sick child behind is reason enough to think about whether a marriage still makes sense but oh boy... if she thinks this was a mere mistake then I don't know. And she seems determined to get back to Ji Min and Woo Joo. Well I guess that won't be so easy with Eun Soo in the picture.

se mi really annoys me in how she casually dismisses it as a mistake but it is something that could have been disastrous and life threatening for woo joo as well as other residents in the building. leaving a stove on can be a fire hazard and depending on how the gas connection as well as the electrical wiring are connected, a fire can start if the pot runs out of liquid and starts to burn. we also saw smoke and people do die of smoke inhalation. even if the damage wasn't serious, smoke can be difficult for asthmatic people in general and woo joo is asthmatic.. so it is actually really serious and for her to casually dismiss really irks me. at least acknowledge that it was a serious mistake. :crazy:

and on a side note, dislike romantic scenes in dramas/movies where they leave candles burning as well - am always shaking my head and thinking "fire hazard! fire hazard! stop kissing and blow the candles off first...." :sweatingbullets:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 2

Watched it finally. I tried to stall for as long as I could. You want to cherish good things and don't want them to end. Anyway, enough of being a sentimental fool. 

Let's begin with the little girl who plays WS. She's adorable. Makes my heart warm. Hats off to her for such incredible acting, and perfect expressions.

Now for the FL, she is no femme fatal! That much is clear. She has a plan but she isn't sure how to execute it. She is extremely unsure of her moves. P.S. She is so pretty! At the cherry blossom festival, she was as pretty as a picture! I am going to look up and watch her old dramas. I am that enamored with her. 

Who would have known that the innocent and sweet looking ES was capable of such stalking! She was overdoing the coincidental encounters. :lol: Any man would have been suspicious but I guess she has already made an impression on  Mr Kang  for him to be suspicious of her. He is fond of her that much we can conclude but he is cautious too. He is fond of Ms. Jin but in no hurry to get involved in any romantic entanglements. It would be fun to watch how ES brings him to his knees.

I like Mr. Kang. I wish ES had confessed the truth. It makes me feel conflicted to see her taking advantage of his vulnerabilities, his trust and perhaps, his fondness for her. She will surely regret it because for her the endgame is being with her daughter, she will leave a lot of hearts devastated, her included. What she set to protect, she would hurt  it the most. The people who trusted her and welcomed her in their home, their lives. Don't tread that path ES. It is bsest with heartbreak. Please do come clean. Mr Kang seems like a good man. He would surely help you.And over the course of time, I am sure he would fall in love with you. Let him see the real you. Ah, now this title makes sense. Lies after Lies... too many lies everywhere. ES sometimes a victim of them and sadly sometimes the perpetrator herself.

Mr. Kang is fighting his attraction. Any sensible man with a growing child is wary of romantic entanglements. I think the reason why he left so suddenly was perhaps because he too felt the moment to be too unnatural. Like he could sense it was not a gradual progress of a moment but rather an awkward moment with ES being too informal. I know she is desperate but the moment lacked finesse. That's why we say she is no femme fatal.

Could anyone tell me how Mr. Kang came to know she was cheating? I mean she left her daughter alone at home to meet her 'lover'. How did Mr. Kang chance upon them?

I am afraid that Chairwoman would add fuel to her anger and resentment and turn her into a younger version of herself, who only knows how to grab things. Killing two birds with a stone, anyone? I have this very bad feeling about the murder. Could it be the Chairwoman herself? Seeing how ruthless she could be... I mean besides her  no one knew he had gone to reconcile with his wife. Just thinking aloud... it is obviously too early to speculate... but her ruthless streak makes me wonder what she is capable of!

Eagerly waiting for tonight's episode! :heart:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
23 minutes ago, confusedheart326 said:

Could anyone tell me how Mr. Kang came to know she was cheating? I mean she left her daughter alone at home to meet her 'lover'. How did Mr. Kang chance upon them?

Hi! I think in the earlier episode, mr. Kang returned home earlier to surprise his then wife. He was texting her about his delay and enter the home to find out her with another man. He stopped and step forward to confirm it as his wife but never directly confronted her about it. He never talks about it.  Thus his ex only says her "only" mistake is leaving the sick child!  On the contrary, it was mr.kang's  last stage to accept excuses. 

And after watching yesterday's episode, it is very likely to believe her ex wife cheat on him in their own home! Coz,  he(cheater) was coming home or threatened to come over phone when the ex wife wanted to end it.                                 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2
2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

se mi really annoys me in how she casually dismisses it as a mistake but it is something that could have been disastrous and life threatening for woo joo as well as other residents in the building. leaving a stove on can be a fire hazard and depending on how the gas connection as well as the electrical wiring are connected, a fire can start if the pot runs out of liquid and starts to burn. we also saw smoke and people do die of smoke inhalation. even if the damage wasn't serious, smoke can be difficult for asthmatic people in general and woo joo is asthmatic.. so it is actually really serious and for her to casually dismiss really irks me. at least acknowledge that it was a serious mistake. :crazy:

and on a side note, dislike romantic scenes in dramas/movies where they leave candles burning as well - am always shaking my head and thinking "fire hazard! fire hazard! stop kissing and blow the candles off first...." :sweatingbullets:

I have to say it bothers me as well. It bothers me even more now she left for her lover. And then just came back and... I mean she knew their marriage was over then. You don't leave your child behind when it's sick with the stove on... for anyone. Nothing is more important than the child. It gives me chills still and it angers me.

:fear:

@confusedheart326

I have to agree I'm also conflicted. I think if Eun Soo would've approached him and told him the truth I think he would've understood? Maybe. I mean I think it's not different as in any other country that when someone adopts a child it's possible that one day the biological parents/mother/father will show up. In my country it depends on the type of the adoption but I think the chance is still there for it to happen.

Of course Eun Soo doesn't know Ji Min and she got trust issues because of her abusive marriage, so I can get behind it. Plus it's not easy to show up and say "Hey I'm Woo Joo's mother and I'm a convicted murderer who didn't kill her husband".

I find it more funny that Ji Min doesn't remember that 10 years ago he was about investigate the case of a woman with the same name as the woman he just met. Okay, it's been 10 years but he comes across as someone who doesn't easily forget, especially when it comes to his work as a journalist.

It's gonna be interesting how entangled in their feelings they will be by the time the truth comes out. And then there is still Se Mi who wants her family back and then there is Yeon Joon who will eventually find Eun Soo as well. :D

• Like 6

I think the golfer, David, did come and find Eun Soo because he still has feelings for her... And now Kim Ho Ran starts to investigate more about Woo Joo... Please I don't want her to hurt Woo Joo. Enough for givng the child trauma in her first 10 years of life...

Preview for ep 7. 

Rough translations

ES: I have a trauma

ES's former husband: Eun Soo

ES: I was abused by my previous husband. No matter how hard I tried to erase it, it keeps appearing

JM: It has left scars in our heart and it would never become easy whenever we remember it

SM: I want to meet with you like this. I beg you, please give me one more chance. Do you have another woman?

WJ: I won't go with aunt. I want to go with you, teacher (ES)

ES: It was here? The place for the art competition?

HR: What is your name?

WJ: My name is Kang Woo Joo

HR: Kang Woo Joo. Find out when she got adopted

David: Ji Eun Soo? It's me Yeon Joon

ES: You are Yeon Joon?

David: I think you must have one more question left. About the woman that I want to protect

JM: I think it's best for you to not speak about it

David: Why should I watch over you?

JM: Because I think you don't know the way to protect that woman

ES: Please wait a little more Woo Joo. Soon we will live together

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

@Jillia

I am eagerly waiting for your episode recap. :bawling: They were such treat to my eyes. I can't concentrate on anything till I know what happened in today's episode. You are right, a reporter of his caliber forgot the name of the person whose case he had been pursuing so ardently. :lol:

@jareen Thank you for clarifying. So she ended up getting intimate with her lover instead of breaking up with him? *amazing

They neighbours said that the child was all alone when the accident happened.

Thank you @alleram95 I was dying to know what had happened/ would happen.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Not going to lie but am creeped out by Eun Soo's approach which is very stalkerish? Anyway she'd do anything for Woo Joo but still. Only now there's another person who could blow her cover. Jin Gook's mom! Her son is so bold LoL. Already making his feelings known to Woo Joo. 

The David guy seem obsessed with Eun Soo. Well quite a bunch of people have obsessive issues LoL. Aside from Se Mi, there's the evil MIL. I would be on high alert if I were Ji Min to be honest. Bumping into someone more than once...er.      

• Like 5

Finally, Eunsoo has people who support her, stand by her side, both knowing and unknowingly.

The ex secretary is doing his best to protect Eunsoo but made a mistake by not reporting Woojoo's existence as Jimin's daughter and chairwoman with her cunning mind soon, I think will discover true identity of Woojoo. 

The ex cellmate doesn't forget her loyal friend, she's even willing to bring Eunsoo into school meeting even though she doesn't know Woojoo's real identity.

I hope those people will be a lot of help to Eunsoo in future when she has to deal with the whole mess.

I was cringing too, watching how Eunsoo moving fast to get close to Jimin. So fast I had to wonder why Jimin with his reporter's intuition let those coincidences just slide easily. He realizes that there were too many of them and even mentioned it to Eunsoo but I guess he's already atttacted to Eunsoo to ponder even further.

However, think about it. A woman, falsely accused of murdering her abusive husband. Pregnant and delivered the baby in prison. Her dad died by car accident. She didn't have anyone and practically lived for her baby. She gave her up to her MIL, only to be told 10 yrs later that the baby was murdered.

When she found out the baby is alive, adopted and motherless, of course she become desperate. This is her chance to be reunited with her daughter again. She just has that one thought in her mind. Her acts become unrealistically aggressive but this is a desperate mother in action. The hell with finesse.

I'm more curious how Eunsoo develops her feelings toward Jimin. When she will realize that she wants and needs not only Woojoo but also Jimin. 

How she will handle the situation when Jimin finds out the whole truth.

How Jimin handle the situation when he finds out the truth.

Writernim, you've been serving us a delicious makjang, please take care of the whole story well.

Oh, I forgot one thing. 

Someone has to change make up style.of Semi. She looks positively scary with those eye shadows.

She looks like a character comes out from Tim Burton's film.

• Like 6

@Jayne Nasution Yes, I'm so glad/relieved that the former cellmate is on Eun Soo's side, I feel like she'll be important too later on especially with her husband working at DO Cosmetics.

--

I'm looking forward to next week already hahaha Of course the golfer guy's just there to rile up Ji Min based on the preview. Eun Soo, though, is a bit harder to read; there are times where her approach feels really forced, but there are also clear moments of sincerity, but it doesn't seem like she's developing feelings for Ji Min yet (unlike the other way around haha), her priority is still definitely Eun Soo.

Se Mi and the chairwoman, though—ooh I just feel so uneasy whenever they end up meeting. Also, the chairwoman is getting all these pieces of the puzzle already; how soon would she figure things out? before Ji Min and Eun Soo really get close?

• Like 4

Am I the only one who likes the glamed up version of Semi? I think the bold make up really enhances her features. But then everyone in S.Korean dramas are soooo good looking! Men are exceptionally handsome, oh and those washboard abs always work on the female audience. Yes, I am kind of shallow. :P

And the women are gorgeous! Exquisitely beautiful!  

And in this drama even the supporting cast is too good looking! Good looking people everywhere! Too distracting! :w00t:

I think I will spend the week thinking about the hug (David hugging ES) that is surely going to ruffle Mr. Cool as Cucumber Mr Kang's feathers a little. :wub:

Haven't watched the episode yet. Saving it for a little later.  

• Like 4

WooHoo another trope - love triangle LoL. Now Ji Min will have motivation to win over Eun Soo as David is making it clear he wants her as well. May the best guy win, although y'all know it's going to be Ji Min regardless.

Woo Joo and Eun Soo may be in trouble as her identity is exposed. The MIL will stop at nothing to make both mom and child suffer urgh! Se Mi just can't keep her mouth shut LoL she told the chairwoman more than enough information. 

At least Eun Soo has Mr. Yoon and Min Ji as her allies. Eun Soo has a pretty snazzy wardrobe for an elementary arts teacher ahahah.

• Like 6

If I had only one gif to describe how I felt while watching episode 6 it would be this one:

Spoiler

tenor.gif

So many revelations and hints to what could've happened 10 years ago.

Starting off with Secretary Yoon who is carrying a lot of guilt with him. So he really has been the person who left the flowers at Eun Soo's father's urn. And I wonder what envelope he left in there. And hopefully it got moved together with the urn.

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h18m27s966.png

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h22m33s327.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h22m42s199.png

I don't know I feel very conflicted about Secretary Yoon. I believe him that he wants to protect Eun Soo and he knows how Chairwoman Kim works, so lying to her wouldn't really help him and the truth is sometimes the best.

But WHY would he put in those photos with Ji Min on it? On the other hand Kim Ho Ran did ask her young secretary (I forgot his name I'm sorry!) to verify those infos, so I guess she would've found out no matter what.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h30m37s137.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h30m45s643.png

I liked that it led to another encounter between Chairwoman Kim and Eun Soo. I enjoyed it very much because for once they seemed on the same level because Eun Soo wasn't attacking her physically. But of course...

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h13m26s688.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h13m33s057.png

...the ending of the episode suggests that Kim Ho Ran will find out quickly about who Woo Joo is.

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h25m03s098.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h25m07s774.png

She met Se Mi because of David and found out that Woo Joo isn't Se Mi's biological child.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h23m22s346.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h23m27s757.png

And Se Mi... gosh, I see we will get problems with her as well. Now she knows it won't be so easy to get Ji Min and Woo Joo back with Eun Soo in the picture. It's gonna get messy.

Meanwhile HOW was Yeon Joon aka David able to spot and recognize Eun Soo so quickly!? He only knew her as a child but remembers her much better than anyone who knew her when she was already a adult. :lol:

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h17m09s958.png

My heart felt very happy when Eun Soo met Min Jin again. And I'm so happy she is Eun Soo's friend and supporter. Even though Eun Soo didn't tell her the truth about Woo Joo.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h46m43s795.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h46m48s209.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h46m59s396.png

And I got a bit sad when Min Jin said that the son isn't hers but her husband's. :( So she wasn't able to find her child. But she seems content. Which is great!

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h52m23s041.png

Loved the moments with Woo Joo as well. I think it's pretty clear Eun Soo and Woo Joo have a lot in common (peach lovers!) and they get along well.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h38m19s750.png

And my heart broke for Woo Joo when she got bullied for not having a mom and it broke Eun Soo's heart as well.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h56m04s605.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h57m12s182.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h57m42s267.png

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-08h58m04s713.png

I think it was already said but Eun Soo needs to stop meeting Ji Min by "coincidence". She is now Woo Joo's art teacher, she could've approached him for the movie date when she was at their home. We don't need those weird meetings, Eun Soo! :lol: But other than that I can see Ji Min warming up more and more towards Eun Soo, even though he still tries to keep it strictly about Woo Joo.

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h20m03s573.png

The last scene gave me creeps. The flashback to when Kim Ho Ran's son called her and that he would bring Eun Soo home and then Kim Ho Ran giving Secretary Yoon the paper with the address. I mean... does this mean in the end Kim Ho Ran IS responsible for her son's death? The flashback gave me chills!

Spoiler

vlcsnap-2020-09-20-09h26m29s755.png

• Like 2
  • Love 2

ep 6 was good; liked the confrontation between chairwoman and eun soo. chairwoman is seriously vindictive and diabolical that she would use the remains of her father to get eun soo to come meet her. liked how eun soo used the description of the painting, "childish and pathetic" as a veiled insult. it was rather fun to watch eun soo rise up to the occasion. in a way eun soo is right -- living well and being happy can also be a form of revenge against someone like chairwoman who is hankering for eun soo to be forever miserable. eun soo is past the point of tears and is not begging for her life like chairwoman wants.

eun soo was rather smooth in how she wrangled a movie date out of ji min. :)  just when you think her moves are all calculated, you find that her choice of movie is something very personal -- the last movie she watched with her father. why not pick a random movie? it seems like she is almost hankering for a real connection with ji min and the poor fella is going to have a tough time separating what was real and what wasn't...

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말