[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Main poster for Channel A drama “Lies of Lies”

Lies_of_Lies-mp0111.jpg

Main poster added for Channel A drama series “Lies of Lies” (literal title) starring Lee Yu-Ri & Yeon Jeong-Hun. Caption on the poster states “Dangerous lie which I bet my life on.” The poster also reveals that the drama series is now scheduled to first air September 4, 2020 in South Korea. Meanwhile, the first teaser for the drama series can be viewed at AsianWiki.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/main-poster-for-channel-a-drama-lies-of-lies

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Lies of Lies, 거짓말의 거짓말 - Fri & Sat @ 22:50 KST - Lee Yoo Ri & Yeon Jung Hoon - Premieres on September 4th
August 4 2020

Teaser trailer 2 & character posters for Channel A drama “Lies of Lies”

Lies_of_Lies-CP1.jpg

Teaser trailer #2 & 5 character posters added for Channel A drama series “Lies of Lies” (literal title) starring Lee Yu-Ri & Yeon Jeong-Hun. Teaser trailer #2 begins with the voice of Lee Il-Hwa stating “Give me the baby. I’m better than a mother who is a murderer.” Lee Yu-Ri follows with “In order to take my daughter back, I stated a lie.” The character posters are of Lee Yu-Ri as Ji Eun-Soo, Yeon Jeong-Hun as Kang Ji-Min, Lee Il-Hwa as Kim Ho-Ran, Lim Ju-Eun as Eun Se-Mi, and Kwon Hwa-Woon as Kim Yeon-Joon.

“Lies of Lies” first airs September 4, 2020 in South Korea.

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-trailer-2-character-posters-for-channel-a-drama-lies-of-lies

Lee Yoo Ri And Yeon Jung Hoon Are More Than Meets The Eye In Posters For New Suspense Romance Drama

118c6ddd1b6d4f6989ed4946b1eb953f.jpeg?s=

Aug 4, 2020
by C. Lee

Channel A’s upcoming drama “Lie After Lie” has revealed new posters of its main characters!

“Lie After Lie” is a suspense melodrama about a woman who begins a false romance in order to become the stepmother of her biological daughter, who has been adopted by another man. The Friday-Saturday drama stars Lee Yoo Ri, Yeon Jung Hoon, Lee Il Hwa, Im Joo Eun, Kwon Hwa Woon, and more.

Lee Yoo Ri plays Ji Eun Soo, the daughter-in-law of a chaebol family who finds herself transformed into a husband killer in a single moment. The child she gave birth to in prison was adopted by someone else, and she is determined to do whatever it takes to become her child’s mother again.

In the poster, Lee Yoo Ri appears solemn, but she is set on doing anything for her daughter. The text reads, “Love, there’s nothing I can’t do.”

Yeon Jung Hoon portrays Kang Ji Min, a TV reporter who seems cold on the outside but has a warm heart. He is a firm supporter of those who are considered social outcasts. He is respected as a reporter, but at home, he’s a doting single father.

His poster says, “I believe your lies,” and he shows off a small, warm smile.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1417096wpp/lee-yoo-ri-and-yeon-jung-hoon-are-more-than-meets-the-eye-in-posters-for-new-suspense-romance-drama

• 2 weeks later...

Lee Yoo Ri Faces Off Against Mother-In-Law Lee Il Hwa After Being Jailed For Husband’s Murder In “Lie After Lie”

Aug 14, 2020
by E. Cha

Channel A’s upcoming drama “Lie After Lie” has unveiled an intriguing new poster!

“Lie After Lie” is a new suspenseful romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri as Ji Eun Soo, a woman who puts her life on the line in order to be reunited with her biological daughter. After marrying into a chaebol family, Ji Eun Soo finds herself branded a husband-killer in the blink of an eye—and after being imprisoned for his murder, she loses custody of her daughter.

In the newly released poster, Ji Eun Soo confronts her intimidating mother-in-law Kim Ho Ran (played by Lee Il Hwa), who falls into deep sorrow after losing her only son. However, in the poster, Kim Ho Ran appears calm and perfectly poised as she stares down her visibly nervous daughter-in-law.

The poster highlights the tense dynamic and power imbalance between the two women, with Kim Ho Ran looking down at the fearful Ji Eun Soo with a contemptuous smile and a relaxed air of composure. It also captures the suspense of the drama’s story, with the caption asking, “Who is telling the lie?”

Lie-After-Lie.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1419013wpp/lee-yoo-ri-faces-off-against-mother-in-law-lee-il-hwa-after-being-jailed-for-husbands-murder-in-lie-after-lie

Lee Yuri and Yeon Jung-hoon get entangled in deception and mysteries for Lies of Lies

by tineybeanie

lies1.jpg

In upcoming suspense melodrama Lies of Lies, starring Lee Yuri (Spring Must Be Coming) and Yeon Jung-hoon (Posessed) has just dropped a new teaser. Lee Yuri plays a woman who once had everything, but lost it all when she was convicted of murdering her husband and was sent to prison. Upon her release, she learns that her beloved daughter was adopted by Yeon Jung-hoon, and she plots to find a way into their lives.

The recently released teaser shows her costar Yeon Jung-hoon falling for her, only to realize there might be something dark and sinister at play.

Lee Yuri meets Yeon Jung-hoon through several chance encounters. In one, she’s at an arcade and bows hesitantly as he smiles back. His daughter asks him: “Do you know that ajumma?” Then, there’s a typical drama moment where he saves her by twirling her to safety, away from oncoming traffic.

To his daughter, he explains that he’s seen Lee Yuri a couple times, but she always looked like her mind was elsewhere and he grasps for words. She completes his thought by saying that the ajumma looked sad.

The two of them have some quality father-daughter time as Yeon Jung-hoon narrates: “After that day, I thought just having my daughter was enough, but more and more, I feel concerned about this woman. My heart goes to her.” In the dark, Lee Yuri lurks and watches them. Copy appears around Lee that says, “She appeared out of nowhere, like a lie.” Some clips of the Lee-Yeon courtship is shown, and there’s a hint that a steamy night that ensued. The caption says, “I fell for a dangerous lie.”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/lee-yuri-and-yeon-jung-hoon-get-entangled-in-deception-and-mysteries-for-lies-of-lies/

In this drama the female lead plays a woman who has a child in prison. It reminds me of her other drama, The Promise, where she gives  birth  to a baby girl in prison and some how the child gets taken away from her.   The lead actor is one  of my favorite actors but not for the past 2 or 3 years. Dramas don't show his potential in my opinion. Plot summary says he will fall in love with her. How many eps before we have a happy ending.  It's good to know this has only 16 eps. Not 100-120 eps.

I always like to watch the first 2 eps. Just like when I watched the us crime show, Law and Order. It's the best part in the intro the first 5 min.

I am interested in this drama because of the leads. The preview is intense. It is a melodrama and looks suspensful, with a lot of heartbreak. I feel it a little makjang but I hope it is the kind of makjang that I can watch. I like the preview so I am optimistic.

3 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Yeah, i agree it should've the right amount of makjang. Not too much. :D Not long and we will find out if and how good it is!

I was worried before we have those previews. I think it will be alright. I hate the kind of makjang like in daily dramas (screaming, ourtrageous plot, onedimentional villain)  or for exemple Lee Yoo ri`s Jang Bori, for exemple (and other Kim Soon Ok`s dramas).

In this drama we have a mother in law who hates and scheme against the heroine but she believes that she murder her son. OK. I will resist that. I am sure there will be the mystery of who was the real killer. The love story will start with lies and it will lead to heartbreak but there is a light in the end of the tunnel. :D

I am watching for the leads and not for the plot (how I usual do) so I have a little uncertainty that it is alright to watch but I decided to give it a try.

2 hours ago, larus said:

I was worried before we have those previews. I think it will be alright. I hate the kind of makjang like in daily dramas (screaming, ourtrageous plot, onedimentional villain)  or for exemple Lee Yoo ri`s Jang Bori, for exemple (and other Kim Soon Ok`s dramas).

In this drama we have a mother in law who hates and scheme against the heroine but she believes that she murder her son. OK. I will resist that. I am sure there will be the mystery of who was the real killer. The love story will start with lies and it will lead to heartbreak but there is a light in the end of the tunnel. :D

I am watching for the leads and not for the plot (how I usual do) so I have a little uncertainty that it is alright to watch but I decided to give it a try.

I will actually wait for it to air some episodes and then decide to watch it or not based on reviews. 

By the way is Lee Yu Ri a theater actress? I have not seen her works much, but her choice of dramas, and also her acting style seems similar to that of a theater actor. Maybe someone here could tell me about it. 

By the @Jillia don't recent makjang dramas come with yelling, screaming as part of their starter packs? I don't really remember when I last watched a drama that had the suitable level of makjang. Wanted to watch the last empress, but when I heard about it from here and there, decided not to watch it. 

4 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@Sleepy Owl

I don't think she is a theatre actress. At least I never heard about it. But she started her career with daily dramas, tv novel and so on. And she mostly does weekend dramas. She is amazing honestly! Has her own way of acting but that way people remember her. :D

That's why I'm looking forward to this drama. It sounds like her early career but in a normal length drama. :lol:

Yeah so that must be it. Have not watched daily dramas, but the acting in them sure is different and so are stories. But yes, she has got a unique acting style. I am looking forward to this one too, but well as I said, I'll wait at least for 3-4 episodes before watching it. 

But if I do end up watching it, my weekends will be super busy. Fri-Sat this one, also I'll be giving "More Than Friends" a try. Sat-Sun we've got Stranger S2 and even "Missing" premiers this Saturday. 

I feel like I am gonna lose sleep during weekends :crazily:.

4 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

By the way is Lee Yu Ri a theater actress? I have not seen her works much, but her choice of dramas, and also her acting style seems similar to that of a theater actor.

I did not read anywhere that she is a theather actress either. Just like @Jillia said, she played in many daily dramas or weekend dramas but she had miniseies as well.

4 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

By the @Jillia don't recent makjang dramas come with yelling, screaming as part of their starter packs? I don't really remember when I last watched a drama that had the suitable level of makjang.

I don`t like crazy makjang. :D As I said in other ocassion, there are a little makjang in every drama (especially in melodramas). It is not makjang that bother me per se, it is the writing and how the writer bring the dramatic events to the screen. I realised quickly if I like it or not.  Sometimes I can watch just a short video to realise what it will be/ the writer`s style of writing. 

It is good to wait for a few episodes to see the vibe if you are not sure.

Archived