[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

Premiere Watch: Do You Like Brahms, Lies of Lies

by missvictrix

premwatch_brahms1.jpg

…And it’s time for more dramas! With significant shifts in premieres and air dates due to the pandemic, it looks like we’ll be getting Brahms before we get our other upcoming music-themed drama, Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol. Either way, this week we have a youthful romance featuring music to feast our eyes (and ears) on. Additionally, for my fellow melo-holics, we have a juicy tale of revenge and motherhood headed our way as well.

Lies of Lies

premwatch_brahms3.jpg

Time slot: Friday & Saturday
Broadcaster: Channel A
Genre: Suspense, romance
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: Channel A is back with a new drama called Lies of Lies. The drama stars Lee Yuri and Yeon Jung-hoon in what looks like a juicy tale of revenge, love, and, well, lies. I actually really like the premise of this one, since it adds the motherhood angle to the wrongfully convicted angle, which will hopefully result in a yummy drama sandwich. In the drama, Lee Yuri is falsely accused of murder, and later plots to find the man who adopted her daughter. Wait, what? This sounds like it could be a rom-com just as easily as it could be a revenge melo. However, I’m sure the drama’s early set-up will give us all the soapy details, and we’ll learn what’s at stake for our heroine, and why she’s willing to trample hearts and tell “lies of lies” to get what she wants.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/premiere-watch-do-you-like-brahms-lies-of-lies/

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 Reasons To Watch Lee Yoo Ri And Yeon Jung Hoon’s New Suspense-Romance Drama “Lie After Lie”

63bf84c46f984748987124245e37f97b.jpeg?s=

Sep 3, 2020
by E. Cha

Channel A’s exciting new drama “Lie After Lie” kicks off tomorrow night!

With just one day left until its premiere, here are three reasons to look forward to the thrilling suspense-romance drama:

1. The protagonist’s difficult journey to uncover the truth after her life is ruined in a single moment

In “Lie After Lie,” Ji Eun Soo (Lee Yoo Ri)’s life is destroyed when she falls under suspicion of murdering her husband, the heir to a chaebol family. The character initially faces tragedy after tragedy: after suffering from continuous domestic abuse, she ends up going to prison for her husband’s murder despite her insistence that she is innocent, and she even loses custody of her daughter.

However, as Ji Eun Soo continues to protest her innocence, compassionate TV reporter Kang Ji Min (played by Yeon Jung Hoon) begins to develop doubts about the case and sets out to uncover the truth behind her husband’s death. Meanwhile, Ji Eun Soo’s powerful mother-in-law Kim Ho Ran (played by Lee Il Hwa) reacts with rage after losing her only son.

2. Twist after twist: an unpredictable plot full of surprises

“Lie After Lie” promises to deliver repeated twists, both in the way its story unfolds and in the unpredictable relationships between its characters.

In addition to the “fake love” that develops between Ji Eun Soo and Kang Ji Min after a chance encounter, there will be countless other unexpected developments in the relationships between the drama’s characters, including Kang Ji Min’s first wife Eun Se Mi (played by Im Joo Eun) and pure-hearted pro golfer Kim Yeon Joon (played by Kwon Hwa Woon). There will also be repeated twists in the suspenseful mystery of the identity of Kang Ji Min’s daughter Kang Woo Joo (played by Go Na Hee).

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1423275wpp/3-reasons-to-watch-lee-yoo-ri-and-yeon-jung-hoons-new-suspense-romance-drama-lie-after-lie

1 hour ago, brooksmom said:

Viki - I know you get viki -  Don't know about the others.  Viu?

Ha, we know each other now on this forum! 

Urgh, Viki takes forever to sub. Guess, I’ll be on the laptop using a vpn changer to access Viu if that’s the alternative. 

8 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Ha, we know each other now on this forum! 

Urgh, Viki takes forever to sub. Guess, I’ll be on the laptop using a vpn changer to access Viu if that’s the alternative. 

@tulip06  yes, I know you use viki and odk. They both take forever. You may be surprised. Viki may sub it fast. Depends on the volunteer subbers.  I was going to suggest Kocowa but  this drama might be a only on Viki drama. I'm skipping this drama for now. I plan to binge watch it in Nov. True, I know @Lmangla  doesn't use Viki. and @Sleepy Owl uses Viu and Netflix.  You all sometimes drop hints.:D

@Sleepy Owl said: "But if I do end up watching it, my weekends will be super busy. Fri-Sat this one, also I'll be giving "More Than Friends" a try. Sat-Sun we've got Stranger S2 and even "Missing" premiers this Saturday. 

I feel like I am gonna lose sleep during weekends :crazily:."

@Sleepy Owl Don't forget the finale of Graceful Friends this Fri-Sat.  Alice Fri-Sat.

16 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Today is the day y'all,

Yes. I already watch 5 dramas. What is one more? :D

102794841.2.jpg

“The Lie of Lies” Lee Yoo-ri “This time, we focus on maternal love acting”

Reunited after 17 years with Yeon Jung-hoon...today's first broadcast
Actor Lee Yoo-ri shows off a strong maternal love performance through the drama'Lies of Lies'.

On the 4th, the channel A's new Friday and Saturday drama ‘Lies of Lies’ released interview videos of cast members including Lee Yoo-ri.

Lee Yoo-ri said, “The previous work was a comic drama, but this time it was serious and a little difficult, but it was a heartbreaking story.”

https://www.donga.com/news/Entertainment/article/all/20200904/102794894/1

@Jillia, @larus I already will be watching 4 week-end dramas, apart from that I am watching 3-4 dramas, making it 7-8 in a week. But I will give its first 2 episodes a try, will see whether I'll need to follow it or just wait for it to end and binge-watch it. 

@brooksmom, since graceful friends is ending, of course it will be top priority. But because its subs come very late, I'l hopefully be watching this along with Alice before watching graceful friends. Also yes, I do use Viu and Netflix, and some other websites where the dramas get uploaded pretty fast too. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말 - Fri & Sat @ 22:50 KST
5 hours ago, joccu said:

@tulip06 I watched without subs. I actually don´t even know who is subbing this drama.

Viki and Viu.

Update:

I started watching on an unmentionable site using bad Viu subs and I have questions 20 minutes in:

Spoiler

Why can't Eun Su (Lee Yoo Ri) say she was a domestic violence victim when she obviously was?

Why isn't either grandparent taking care of the baby? It's not healthy or safe in a prison.

Did the vicious late husband have a vasectomy, is that why he thought the baby wasn't his?

Who is that hot actor playing the vicious late husband?

watched ep 1 -- the beginning was a bit slow and the pace seems unhurried. basically it feels like a couple of daily drama episodes comprised into one. hahahahha... @chococarmela ~ the chairwoman looks like a real nutso; am guessing she knew her son was bad but according to her, can do no wrong. @joccu ~ it will be interesting to see who is the real murderer.. my first thought was whether it is the chairwoman herself but then she seems to be bit too obsessed with her son. so perhaps not?

@tulip06 ~ the actor who played hubby looked really familiar. looks like he was a side character in a few of the dramas I have watched. here are some of his works.

It has started :rolleyes:. Imagine keeping it from us since January. This should better be good for keeping me in suspense. I had rewatched hide&seek to see how good Lee Yoo Ri is - the script wasn't that good.

I haven't watched the episode. Wondering why he is a single dad with an adopted child. Will watch soon.

Archived