[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

Watched it live and for the first time I wanna kill someone that Se mi (obviously chairwoman is ES's territory so Se mi for me!) . I never bothered by other leads cause they are doing their job,in any drama, but here I really got Se Mi complex!!!

Now it’s tine to work on case as family things or lies vampire  are almost out in the daylight. ES is still the common woman, simple mother but it’s her time to evolve. In preview, she is catching up! Be it pulling the hair of ex evil in law, recollecting that nights clue. 

What I love about JM,  he is pure gentleman.  I don't know why the hell Se mi cheated on him! The way he compliments ES as a bride, looking at her dress rehearsal with contentment,  easing the environment even after all these lies..... He really is a good man. 

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Which is why I appreciate David / Yeon Joon. He is putting a mirror in front of Se Mi, telling her she is divorced, so she doesn't have say. And that it was Ji Min's decision to stay with Eun Soo.

But all she can do is staring angrily into nothingness and realizing she is in fact all alone in her misery. And the only way to make other people miserable as well is to walk around and tell people how they should act and to whom they should talk to or not. And to tell Ji Min that she is the only woman who can be by his side. She is obsessed and someone should call the police on her honestly.

Because she and Kim Ho Ran are just the same, Kim Ho Ran knows how to provoke Se Mi in order to do what she wants her to do. And see where we're now!

If only one could call police on her. This woman is crazy. As you said, Kim Ho Ran surely sees herself in her, so she clearly knows how to manipulate her. What I really find crazy is she not at all being able to think rationally, not even once. 

Lets see, wouldn't she do the same thing, if Ji Min would date someone else? I don't think would not do anything. She'd still move around crazily, and in the end even decide to tell Woo Joo about her being adopted. So the complete problem lies in her herself. She didn't really have a reply to Eun Soo mentioning her affair. 

Its good that at least David is trying to make her realize that she no longer has right to meddle in Ji Min's affairs and his private, which she really does not want to understand. 

She clearly is thinking that "If I cannot have Ji Min and Woo Joo, then no one can have them". I just want someone to smack her head, maybe she'll start thinking properly, maybe David can hit her with the golf ball, maybe it will bring her back to her senses.

Binge watched till Episode 11. Wow!  Everything has picked up pace and It will all come together soon. I love the pace of the drama.

As for Se Mi , she is an idiot. Sorry but I can't think of a polite way of describing her. How can you call yourself a mother and hurt a child? This woman is amazing! Really! And how idiotic are you that you cannot see how you are being used.  Does she really think the Chairwoman would support her after she no longer serves her needs.

Oh and what's with Mr Kang's sister? Has everyone left their brains at home?

What an actress that Chairwoman is! Doing drama on live tv, trying to win public sympathy! Killing two birds with one stone and all.

I can't wait to see her being dragged to the prison, screaming and kicking! 

P.S. Who is that man in hat who collided with Mr. Kang? He has the envelope too and he was the one who handed it over to the evil Chairwoman!

I am thinking that ES's husband is not KHR's biological son. He was heir to DO cosmetic. She decided to make ES a scapegoat by approving the marriage.

Woo Joo is actually now the heir to the company. It really makes sense why she has no love for her grand daughter by wanting to kill her.

She seems close to the man who killed Yoon. Perhaps her ex husband before she married the rich man.

I'm so sorry but....

Jikyung not only looks stoopid, but she actually is.

Semi looks scary and actually is. Scarily stoopid. Or the other way around, who cares anyway...

To think Jimin was born into that family and a husband of that woman. The world is indeed a strange place.

Love how drama doesn't drag and moves on a nice pace. Jimin doesn't wallow on self pity too long, Eunsoo doesn't do noble idiocy and mom....mom, you are supercool in the latest episode. 

I was ready for crazy yelling mom, telling her son's gf to back off and disappear. Instead, she was yelling how she would trust her son and ask Eunsoo's promise take care of Jimin and Woojoo.

Chairwoman is one heck of a psycho woman. However, I can't stop thinking how lonely she must have been.

It will be satisfying if the writer would elaborate toward the end how that woman never, never, have some one or some people who genuinely love her and look after her.

Eunsoo then can smile winningly that no matter how hard she tries to step on Eunsoo, she has people who love her dearly.

Late father, bestfriends, a good husband and adorable daughter, probably inlaws too.

28 minutes ago, Susu said:

If the chairwoman killed her son/ or son of her ex husband whoever he is? Why does she spend hours painting him?

She is shown painting him when she is expecting guests or when in public eyes?

Dunno, she seems deceitful and manipulative, deceiving people to cover her tracks.

4 hours ago, Susu said:

If the chairwoman killed her son/ or son of her ex husband whoever he is? Why does she spend hours painting him?

Maybe she can't even paint. It's for show. Usually artistic talents are inherited and WJ inherited it from her mother.

The second DNA test is a mystery.

I don't think  she's into money laundering. She has a big legitimate cosmetics company, why risk it with illegal stuff. The paintings could be done by someone who paints for her and she tells the world, these are my work. So she is blackmailed.

Maybe her son was adopted. She got tired of paying for his expenses, bump him off and frame the not wealthy ES. Two birds with one stone.

I found the developments in this episode good. But how can someone be as stupid as Jin Kyung? I mean I do understand that she did it because she feels for Se Mi and thinks she as mom too must have missed her daughter, but she had to inform Ji Min about it, she was supposed to do it. 

Anyway, Ji Min strategically falls back in front of Kim Ho Ran, making her also stop the reporters from writing reports and harassing people around Eun Soo. Her friend was lucky that her husband chased away the reporters before they could reveal her identity. I wonder, he knows about it and does not want his wife to know about it. 

Woo Joo seems to be suffering from a trauma, or at least remembers it as a very bad memory and sees it repeating again, where Se Mi again leaves her alone for work. Woo Joo is in the age, where she notices and interprets things her way. She being with her mom after so many years, must have wanted more attention from her, which Se Mi neither understood nor did try to understand. Woo Joo wanted to draw with her, but she ignored it and instead introduced her to a good tutor, which was not what Woo Joo really wanted. She cut her short while she was excitedly talking to her, for an incoming call, and then left her alone. Woo Joo after so many years, remembered that incident again when this happened and shows how much she was hurt by that incident in the past emotionally. On the other hand, one of the main reasons of Woo Joo loving Eun Soo has been the love and attention she is getting from her. Eun Soo involves her in many fun activities and also in cooking and other things too. Se Mi after being Woo Joo's mother for several years never understood it, and it shows how much she actually cared for Woo Joo. 

Good guy Ji Min, finally had a proper talk with Se Mi. Good that he was mature enough to understand Se Mi's feelings as mother too and told her that she can take Woo Joo out anytime, but has to inform him about it. But he does finally end things properly and makes things clear for her that he will never be back with her. Se Mi does try to give excuses for cheating on him, but well, those are excuses, and cheating can never be justified. 

Chairwoman so easily kidnaps Woo Joo, well she knows her so she must have followed her. And she very openly threats Eun Soo by showing her how easily she can take care of Woo Joo. No madam you cannot, not when she has grown this much and has family supporting her. I think even Kim Ho Ran understands this. That's why she is thinking of other methods to hurt Eun Soo and Ji Min. I don't know if others noticed, but it was told in a TV discussion running in background in the drama, that Kim Ho Ran cannot legally take Woo Joo away, so well she will now use dirty tricks for her works. 

That guy who does things for chairwoman seems to be the actual killer of her son. Chances are she ordered him to kill her son, but why? Only because he was not her husband's son? I think there is more to it. 

I got to say, I loved Ji Min's mom in the start, found her different type of MC's mom when she scolded Se Mi of trying to get pregnant again, and not thinking about her own health, which was not well received by others, even I found it not good, but loved her intentions and her worry about Se Mi herself. And now, just when everyone was thinking Eun Soo would beg her on knees and she would like typical MC's mom tell her to get away from her son, we see her acknowledging their relationship, and it was Eun Soo who broke down because she was sad, happy and grateful at the same time. 

Now the question is, who told Woo Joo about Eun Soo being a murderer? Se Mi? Kim Ho Ran by some other method? We'll have to see, but if it really was Se Mi, she is falling to lowest points. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

found the developments in this episode good. But how can someone be as stupid as Jin Kyung? I mean I do understand that she did it because she feels for Se Mi and thinks she as mom too must have missed her daughter, but she

Semi dangled the golfer having a promotional event at her shop, that is why she jumps when Semi says jump, not once but twice - I think. She had ignored Semi's calls earlier. 

She seems to have got away with it from the looks of her at the wedding. I am quite sure Semi broke the news on ES to WJ. She was shown to dash to the wedding venue, but on the other hand, it could be a red herring. HR might be there, hidden.

I find SJ the golfer to be rather superfluous. His real involvement was so far to hand the returned letters to JM. Other than that he could be removed and the storyline does not change much. Her baker friend is also a very minor role. There are 4 more episodes, can their roles become important? Both are from her past. Maybe SJ has some secret? The real son of HR? :hwaiting2:Ok ok enough intrigues. 

48 minutes ago, Jillia said:

But I'm not wrong if I remember correctly it might be the number of Eun Soo's father's grave? Or am I wrong? Do I mix up things? :D

Then we had 2 heartbreaking scenes in this episode.

First, Mi Jin telling Eun Soo to not come see her again because of the report . I'm not even angry with her. I understand her. She is a ex-convict as well and any connections with her would lead to have to open up to her husband about how she knows Eun Soo. But I feel like with the wedding invitation, Mi Jin will come around eventually. She is a good friend and I think we can forgive a moment of being worried for her life and her family.

that would be my guess as well -- that it is her father's grave or something related to her father.

what I liked about eun soo and min ji is that eun soo doesn't feel angry or guilt trip her friend. she understands mi ji's position clearly and why mi ji wants to keep her background secret. even though mi jin seems like a minor character, it feels like her husband is not random. @maribella ~ am going to guess that he will prove useful in some way to ji min and eun soo as he is working at the company and may end up being sympathetic to them as a fellow husband of an ex-con (who everyone wants to judge pretty quickly).....

Same goes for Ji Min's mother. If we think about it what would we do if we found out the woman the son is interested in turns out to have murdered (allegedly) her ex-husband. I think we all would be angry, worried and wary.

exactly. her reactions were really spot on and it makes sense. is ji min being taken for a ride because of his emotions? is he walking into grave danger? did the police really bungle up? so many questions and the mom is right in asking those important questions...

...to someone telling her the truth and wondering whether the teacher she adored and felt a connection with is actually a murderer.

was surprised by this twist because I was expecting woo joo to find out she is adopted. so this packs more of a punch especially as the truth spills out in front of colleagues and other family members. it is going to be an uphill battle...

It was her way to pay back... since Ji Min lied to her about not trying to dig up informations about her "painful" past. Lady, the more you repeat how "painful" it was the less I believe you. And also to tell Eun Soo to stop her investigations.

am convinced that kim ho ran ordered the murder. like @Sleepy Owl, am leaning that the son was not her biological son (hence the DNA test) and so any child would cut her out of the company eventually. perhaps, the will of the husband was written that way. this is all about money and she has been buying people left and right to pin this on eun soo. her "painful" past doesn't make sense because if it was painful, she would want to know the truth, why it happened but she has never asked those questions.. because of how devious she is, she is definitely not going to go quietly which means there is going to be a real public showdown to her downfall.  @maribella ~ it would be fun if david becomes part of the public downfall. as a public figure, his words carry some weight.. so it will be interesting to see how it plays out..

my only quibble is I wish ji min and eun soo would stop whispering when they talk to each other and instead talk in normal tone. it feels a bit strange.:sweatingbullets:

@Jillia ~ don't think the show is against adopted parents per se but perhaps acknowledges that it isn't necessarily easy path for everyone. ji min took to it like a duck to water and truly sees woo joo as his child. so do the rest of ji min's family. even if we see the minor character of min ji, she is raising her husband's son as her own. so she too is an adopted parent. with semi, she wasn't ready for adoption. she wanted her own biological child and hence went through multiple pregnancies even though the family wasn't for it. thats why she sees the affair as a result of her unhappiness and not as cheating per se. it seems that with the separation, she had made peace with those losses and so finds being a mom to woo joo more acceptable....

as for the chairwoman,  she acts like eun soo is her competitor that she must destroy...it is kind of odd... it seems like money might be the actual answer. who knows the show might surprise us with another explanation for the second dna test. also have this vague memory of eun soo's hubby asking who is the father and saying he had a hysterectomy. or something like that... does anyone else remember? thought he was just being jealous but perhaps some other story there? so yea, quite a few possibilities. hopefully the show does a good job of keeping our interest till the end.

But i think WJ is the real heir of D.O cosmetics. I mean, that child is the witch's granddaughter :facepalm: so i think the second DNA test maybe was for ES ex-husband:rubchin:. Or PLOT TWIST: ES is the witch's biological daughter and they both don't know...:popcornjackson:

Ok i'll stop now...this drama has many secrets...

22 hours ago, vienvien said:

I am thinking that ES's husband is not KHR's biological son. He was heir to DO cosmetic. She decided to make ES a scapegoat by approving the marriage.

Woo Joo is actually now the heir to the company. It really makes sense why she has no love for her grand daughter by wanting to kill her.

She seems close to the man who killed Yoon. Perhaps her ex husband before she married the rich man.

But ES's husband died 10 years ago. So Yoon waited 10 years just to make DNA test?

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

this vague memory of eun soo's hubby asking who is the father and saying he had a hysterectomy. or something like that... does anyone else remember? thought he was just being jealous but

I fast forward violent scenes so missed much of the 'night' scene. I remember he kept saying that he loved ES. Batterers tend to say they are driven to violence because of love/jealousy. If he had a vasectomy not long before it could still happen. Even years after that, the cut might rejoin. So always use protection against unwanted pregnancy or disease. Btw @Lmangla it's vasectomy for men. :D  But never mind, both are cuts down there. 

Somehow, it seems unlikely. Her late husband was a chaebol, he would want a son. All kdramas say that. 

4 hours ago, airgelaal said:

But ES's husband died 10 years ago. So Yoon waited 10 years just to make DNA test?

But he thought, ES had killed her husband and imagined that KHR was driven by her sadness and pain. Yet after so many years, he discovered that KHR was determined to harass ES, although the latter had finished her sentence. This made him question the validity of her claim. I do think, she is laundering money through the paintings, especially if you consider that ES's husband was the real heir. 

Jin Kyung and Semi are two of the dumbest characters ever. And Jin Kyung is just annoying, too loud and trashy looking and stupid for words. 

okay, rant over. 

glad to see the relationship move along and the secret get out so it can get resolved. As for the friend with the bakery, I have a feeling, her husband already knows her past, but says nothing to save face for her. 

Archived