[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

normally don't watch BTS but this turned up in my YT recommendations (aaah, sneaky uncle google, how do you know what drama I like? :sweatingbullets:)...

like the family and chilled atmosphere they are having behind the filming. looks like the kid playing woo joo was totally having a blast.

and just as a note, really loved the scene in the hospital where eun soo picks up this shoe of secretary yoon and starts crying. the shoe was worn out in places and falling apart but still a bit sturdy -- much like the character of secretary yoon. something really sad and moving about that shoe. awwww...

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope HR gets implicated with the two murders, ES' appa's and Yoon's. She can plead ignorance or her instructions are misinterpreted, but she has a motive to want him dead, both JM and ES can testify to that. Cctvs will show that Yoon went to see her....etc. I was told in some countries if we hired a bill collector to collect money from someone who owed us, and the debtor got hurt or died in the process, we are partly liable. Not sure if it applies in Korea. But she did tell her driver to recover something valuable to Yoon, she should expect violence. 

Wow, Ji mins mom (and family) is super annoying!! How rude of her to visit ES place late at night then openly judged her for not being well off. Who does she think she is? I’m guessing Se Mi is going to tell them ES was in prison and they will stop those two from trying to get back together. Ughhh

Well, the old witch was, is and will be bad.  But I don’t get the purpose of Se mi!!! Yes, knew about kdrama 2nd lead obsession but there's never such a clean NO and never situation from male lead! 

Indeed, Se mi and old witch are same.  They are the oppressors who loves to victimize their stories like a pro sadists.          

All i want from this story is a complete revealing about ES's husband case and i really want to see WJ call ES "Omma"! She deserves to be called like that!! When the WICKED RickRoll'D will discover the truth about her son i guess she'll be damned for good in PRISON!!:gangnamstyle:

HR blatantly accused ES of hiding WJ from her, on TV!!! She is a psycho.

JM's sister took WJ to meet SM who then brought her to HR. The sight of that empty boat on the lake! :cries: The writer will not kill her off but still, a mother's heart must shatter to pieces.

“More Than Friends” And “Lie After Lie” Both Achieve Their Highest Ratings Yet

45c0556b3d80486b9bbc52ac8b088c6c.jpeg?s=

Oct 10, 2020
by E. Cha

Both JTBC’s “More Than Friends” and Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” are on the rise!

On October 9, “Lie After Lie” continued to break its own record for the highest viewership ratings achieved by any drama in Channel A history. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of the suspense-romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon scored an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent, marking the first time that “Lie After Lie” has managed to break past 5 percent nationwide.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1430670wpp/more-than-friends-and-lie-after-lie-both-achieve-their-highest-ratings-yet

A great episode with some really unexpected twists. At least for me. Okay so good thing is Secretary Yoon's case could still be re-investigated thanks to some CCTV footage giving them circumstantial evidence. On the other hand we see the killer giving Ho Ran the docs and pen drive, which Yoon wanted to give to Ji Min. She opened and there seemed to be DNA results in it. Now I wonder whose DNA results could they be? Are they Woo Joo's with her? Which I doubt because she had tested it with herself, so maybe her son's one? Meaning her son was not really her husband's son? Could be. Chances are her son's father is someone else, which could really hurt her reputation. But we'll have to see whose DNA results they actually were.

Coming to Ji Min and Eun Soo, it was really good to see him stand for her in front of Kim Ho Ran. I really hated the fact that his mom was not understanding her son telling they are still checking waters. In Korea one introduces his partner to the parents if they want to marry, and well she had already met Eun Soo, so I don't really why she is so nosy in the relationship right now. Give them some time and they will meet you in when they feel right. But well, Eun Soo had sort of anticipated it, so I guess she was fine with it. It was also good to see Woo Joo giving thumbs up to their marriage and telling her dad that he needs to live for himself too. 

Now coming to @#$%#$%$#5v Se Mi. The extremely delusional and obsessed woman of this drama. She firstly meets up with Ji Min's sister and wow, how easily his sister tells her about their meeting with their parents. Just wow. But glad to see Eun Soo calling her a homewrecker. Someone needs to remind of her affair I guess and do it continuously so she would understand why Ji Min divorced her. Anyway she goes and tells Ji Min's mom about Eun Soo being an ex-convict and being in jail for 10 years. Let us see how Ji Min will deal with his mom. Also we do see Se Mi taking Woo Joo away, and about to tell her about something at the end of the episode, which I think would be about she being adopted. This @#$$#$% woman does not even care for Woo Joo as Eun Soo pointed out, she is doing everything for herself and her obsession. How crazy can this woman get. I really loved how David gave her some reality checks, which included Ji Min is no longer her man. 

Love the development in David. Dude went from "Leave Noona or else you will have to deal with me" to "Noona, I want to protect you and my niece" pretty soon. But well it was good to see him mature up. I think when he heard Eun Soo telling Ji Min about him being nothing more than a younger brother to her, he realized he had no chance and it was better for him to be her brother and support her like a real brother. So it is good to see Eun Soo at least having 2 people who will always be on her side, one David and the other her cell-mate who runs the bakery now. 

Coming to Kim Ho Ran, wow, this woman is bold. I actually liked her move of announcing on national TV about her grand daughter. She has now openly attacked both Ji Min and Eun Soo. Also she gained the nation's sympathy, which will make it easier for her to win the case on Woo Joo's custody, of she goes the legal, if it is possible. If Kim Ho Ran and Se Mi are similar in being ##$#%, they very much different with Se Mi not really thinking anything and easily being controlled by her, while Kim Ho Ran being a calculative and manipulative person. I really never expected Kim Ho Ran to come out and announce about Woo Joo on national TV, although I think her plan could and will most probably back fire. Looking forward to today's episode. 

I am running behind the schedule . I need to catch up episodes 9,10 and 11!:bawling:

But the weekend is finally here and real life is under control! I binge watched Episodes 7 and 8, so my question is why the chairwoman suddenly so interested in her granddaughter.She had no compunction in killing a newborn baby, and now suddenly she is desperate to have her granddaughter. What is her sinister plan? I don't think she has any maternal feelings towards her granddaughter. Did anyone catch that? Any theories etc? The chairwoman is one evil woman and the way she is using Se Mi  fueling her anger to her advantage makes my blood boil!

Both SeMi and David are super annoying. I am yet to figure out what role this David plays in the actual plot of the story? Also who broke into her house ES' house? Chairwoman's orders or Semi? Anyway, can we please have some revenge now?

Also, I am glad the romance has come to an end. We were getting distracted. Let's focus on the  revenge please.

Off to watch the rest of the episodes.

Guys the crazy thing about today episode is the rating...

It surpass 5% ( around 5.2% )

Keep breaking the record for Channel A

Glad to see the cast and crew to get this big achievement. 

It shows that the show is good. I remember the last channel A drama rating is like under 1% or around 1% but this one slowly rising to 5% i expect around 7-8% for the finale. The rise is organic guys!

Yeon Jung Hoon And Lee Yoo Ri Tie The Knot In “Lie After Lie”

Oct 10, 2020
by L. Kim

Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” shared a glimpse of the upcoming events in the next episode!

The suspense-romance drama stars Lee Yoo Ri as Ji Eun Soo, a woman who puts her life on the line with a dangerous lie in order to be reunited with her biological daughter. After marrying into a chaebol family, Ji Eun Soo finds herself branded a husband-killer in the blink of an eye – and during her imprisonment for her husband’s murder, she loses custody of her daughter.

Spoiler

Previously, Ji Eun Soo and Kang Ji Min (Yeon Jung Hoon) started a contract relationship to protect their daughter Kang Woo Joo (Go Na Hee) from Kim Ho Ran (Lee Il Hwa). Kang Ji Min, who started investigating Ji Eun Soo’s case, realized there was a misunderstanding and started to open up his heart to Ji Eun Soo once again.

In the newly released photos, Ji Eun Soo and Kang Ji Min are holding a wedding. Kang Ji Min smiles widely in his tuxedo, and Ji Eun Soo looks shy but sweet in her beautiful wedding gown. They receive blessings from many people, but their hurried marriage raises questions about why their relationship developed so rapidly. However, things take a drastic turn when an unwelcoming guest shows up at the ceremony.

yeon-jung-hoon-lee-yoo-ri-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1430715wpp/yeon-jung-hoon-and-lee-yoo-ri-tie-the-knot-in-lie-after-lie

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

I'm pretty sure the wedding gets interrupted because that's probably how we end up with Eun Soo kneeling in front of Ji Min's mother.

In my opinion, it will happen at the start of the episode, since Se Mi told Ji Min's mom about Eun Soo being an ex-convict. So she confronts him, and then we see Ji Min defending her when his mom meets him too and telling her he loves her. Plus I really think marriage will either be happening at the end of the episode, with them being shocked at the presence who could be Kim Ho Ran, or in the next episode. 

I think WJ in danger will be at the end of tonight episode:facepalm: But the marriage thing is a bit strange at this point of the show... BTW i like this drama, i said the same thing in one of my first post and i'll say again: I REALLY LIKE THIS PLOT and i hope Kim Ho Ran will be jailed for the rest of her life:coolshades:

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Se Mi is just insane!

she is just like chairwoman; they are really two peas in the pod. they are so focused on their own wants and hurts that they don't see anyone else. for her, ji min is like an object. it does not matter what he thinks and truly feels. even if eun soo was not in the picture, he is well and over se mi. he doesn't want any sort of ties with her. she is also so focused on her own needs that she doesn't think twice about manipulating woo joo for her own benefit. deciding to tell child that she is adopted has to be done with both parents and a lot of care. not abruptly and for her to win back ji min. that's really insane and highly selfish...

5 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Coming to Kim Ho Ran, wow, this woman is bold. I actually liked her move of announcing on national TV about her grand daughter. She has now openly attacked both Ji Min and Eun Soo. Also she gained the nation's sympathy, which will make it easier for her to win the case on Woo Joo's custody, of she goes the legal, if it is possible.

would disagree with a bit. on one hand, she does a good job of basically tying ji min and eun soo together even strongly. but if anyone looks closely, her story is going to sound really strange. her daughter-in-law was in jail for 10 years and gave birth to a child in jail. how exactly does one abandon a child within prison? and if a child dies within prison walls, that would be recorded as well. so her claims actually don't make sense. she is trying to create sympathy for herself and mainly to bait ji min and eun soo. however, all it takes is one reporter to keep digging and asking questions and she is going to look like a fool...

2 hours ago, lolly84 said:

But the marriage thing is a bit strange at this point of the show...

am excited to see this marriage -- this is certainly a different spin on the contract marriage trope. here, it is about protection of the child and their legal rights as parents as both chairwoman and semi are so devious.... can't wait to see what today's episode brings!

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

would disagree with a bit. on one hand, she does a good job of basically tying ji min and eun soo together even strongly. but if anyone looks closely, her story is going to sound really strange. her daughter-in-law was in jail for 10 years and gave birth to a child in jail. how exactly does one abandon a child within prison? and if a child dies within prison walls, that would be recorded as well. so her claims actually don't make sense. she is trying to create sympathy for herself and mainly to bait ji min and eun soo. however, all it takes is one reporter to keep digging and asking questions and she is going to look like a fool...

It actually is a good move, if she has planned it properly. I need to check the rules, but chances are she can claim that Eun Soo abandoned the child to be sent to orphanage. For children, I think after certain age, they need to be sent outside prison, as far as I remember. But I also told that this plan with most probably backfire in my previous post. It is so, because proving otherwise will take away credibility from her and also her reputation will be tarnished a lot, and make room for doubts on her other claims.  

She gained public sympathy, she put pressure on not only Ji Min and Eun Soo, but also on Ji Min's parents. But of course she will be questioned about how come she didn't know about it, to which well, we need to see who will ask. In Lies of Lies, all channels, and reporting media, seem to want to be on her good side for money. But as I said, her claims will be questioned by Ji Min as a reporter, and since she made a move on him and Woo Joo directly, we'll be seeing him get more involved with her. 

As for 6049, I think it is password of a public safe, where Secretary Yoon has put backup files of those evidences.  

31 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Finished live stream and I KNEW IT!! WJ KNOWS... Surely Se Mi told her about ES past and NOW IT'S A BIG PROBLEM!!!

It might be a big problem, but would really like to see Se Mi's expression, when Woo Joo will still choose Eun Soo over her :loolz:.

What eager to see Se Mi breaking down, with no one around her and to support her. Almost as eager to see it, as I am in seeing Kim Ho Ran facing the same thing. 

Se Mi by far could be one of the most annoying characters I have ever seen, with totally unacceptable reasons, while being completely delusional. 

79dcfc018b4ffac347fdbdebde33f242.gif

Archived