[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so proud of Woo Joo for standing up for herself against that horrendous parent ugh! As if being clapped back by both Woo Joo and Eun Soo wasn't enough, she continued her insufferable behavior in front of Ji Min. I mean is she a masochist LoL!? 

Of course this drama is incomplete without another interference from the cliched second female lead LoL. Se Mi just doesn't know when to give up. I was applauding when she got schooled by Eun Soo ha-ha. When Se Mi asked Do you have what it takes (to take me down)? I was like yelling back HELLo she's Lee Yoo Ri have you watched any of her dramas!? She will get payback tenfold so you better watch out LoL.      

And what the heck. Ji Min casually mentions he liked wine so Eun Soo decided to make it..from scratch. WoW. What if he wanted fresh milk? Was Eun Soo goin' to start breeding cattle to milk it directly Idk LMFAo. The drama's not wasting time in revealing Woo Joo's paternity results. Sigh just when things were progressing for Ji Min and Eun Soo, damn it.  

On 9/19/2020 at 11:29 AM, tulip06 said:

Agree with everyone's analysis, so nothing to add.  

I do not understand, though, how is Eun Su wearing such pretty and light-coloured clothing for art? 

I had the same question @tulip06 and also, did I miss the part where they explain how ES could afford the apartment and pretty clothing coats, and purses? I thought she couldn’t afford them and can’t find a job as a ex convict and that’s why she decided to leave. But then suddenly she’s staying and don’t even worry about money anymore?!  

30 minutes ago, Ramenqueen19 said:

I had the same question @tulip06 and also, did I miss the part where they explain how ES could afford the apartment and pretty clothing coats, and purses? I thought she couldn’t afford them and can’t find a job as a ex convict and that’s why she decided to leave. But then suddenly she’s staying and don’t even worry about money anymore?!  

she still got money before she go to jail. and also she still got money from working in jail ( although some of them given to her friend ) 

she want to leave because she didnt want her as ex convict make woo joo in danger. but after knowing that she didnt have mom right now she think that she can be her step mom instead and change her mind. 

17 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Do we know if this show will air this weekend?

I just checked Viki and ODK. It will air in one day. I'm guessing it will air Friday and Saturday. All other M-F dramas are on hold till Monday except Brilliant Heritage. Beats me.

Update-  the in 1 day is over but Viki still has it in 1 day. Maybe later, later today. My mistake the one that will air in one day is Saturdays ep:wacko:

EVENT : Re-watch Party with the theme Revenge

Chingus, by popular demand we are bringing you a second season of re-watch parties. This time the theme is revenge! Yes, you heard it!

BPcT8.gif

The dramas chosen for this season are:

• Money Flower (2017)
  • Secret (Love) (2013)
  • The Innocent Man (2012)

For more information visit the event thread

re: @Lmangla

Lee Yoo Ri And Im Joo Eun Have A Tense Confrontation In “Lie After Lie”

34a37fc103874d05a9e50a52f646454a.jpeg?s=

Oct 2, 2020
by L. Kim

Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” shared new stills of Lee Yoo Ri and Im Joo Eun!

The suspense-romance drama stars Lee Yoo Ri as Ji Eun Soo, a woman who puts her life on the line with a dangerous lie in order to be reunited with her biological daughter. After marrying into a chaebol family, Ji Eun Soo finds herself branded a husband-killer in the blink of an eye – and during her imprisonment for her husband’s murder, she loses custody of her daughter.

In the drama, Yeon Jung Hoon portrays Kang Ji Min, a TV reporter who adopted Ji Eun Soo’s daughter Kang Woo Joo (Go Na Hee), and Im Joo Eun plays Eun Se Mi, Kang Ji Min’s ex-wife who still has feelings for him.

Spoiler

Previously on “Lie After Lie,” Ji Eun Soo confessed to Kang Ji Min that she liked him, and he accepted her feelings. Just as their relationship was progressing into something more, someone tried to expose the truth about Ji Eun Soo’s relationship with Kang Woo Joo.

Ji Eun Soo will come across another obstacle in the upcoming episode. In the new stills, Ji Eun Soo and Eun Se Mi have a tense confrontation. Eun Se Mi gazes at Ji Eun Soo with an air of triumph, while Ji Eun Soo’s expression crumbles with a loss of confidence. Her misery is further fueled by the arrival of a mysterious package. These disconcerting events raise questions about Ji Eun Soo’s future with Kang Ji Min and Kang Woo Joo.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1429201wpp/lee-yoo-ri-and-im-joo-eun-have-a-tense-confrontation-in-lie-after-lie

Key Points That Will Amp Up The Excitement In The Second Half Of “Lie After Lie”

08ecff996e3c48d08db3db81ae5cd393.jpeg?s=

Oct 2, 2020
by L. Kim

Things are about to become more tense in the second half of “Lie After Lie”!

The suspense-romance drama stars Lee Yoo Ri as Ji Eun Soo, a woman who puts her life on the line with a dangerous lie in order to be reunited with her biological daughter. After marrying into a chaebol family, Ji Eun Soo finds herself branded a husband-killer in the blink of an eye – and during her imprisonment for her husband’s murder, she loses custody of her daughter.

Spoiler

So far, the drama has caught the attention of viewers with its original characters, dynamic plot, and unpredictable twists and turns. Here are three key points that will further heighten the excitement of “Lie After Lie”!

The culprit

The main question is, who killed Ji Eun Soo’s husband Jeon Ki Bum (Song Jae Hee)? While everyone accused Ji Eun Soo of being the murderer, Kang Ji Min (Yeon Jung Hoon) was the only one who suspected something was off. However, he failed to uncover the truth because Kim Ho Ran (Lee Il Hwa), Ji Eun Soo’s former mother-in-law, sabotaged his investigation. Since then, viewers have pointed out Ji Eun Soo, Kim Ho Ran, and Yoon Sang Kyu (Lee Won Jung) as the three primary suspects.

The enemies

Kim Ho Ran harbors resentment towards Ji Eun Soo for the loss of her one and only son. To pay her back, Kim Ho Ran ordered her former secretary Yoon Sang Kyu to kill Ji Eun Soo’s daughter Kang Woo Joo (Go Na Hee). However, Yoon Sang Kyu ended up putting Kang Woo Joo in an orphanage instead, and Kim Ho Ran grew enraged when she found out Kang Woo Joo was still alive.

On top of that, Eun Se Mi (Im Joo Eun) despises Ji Eun Soo for being too close to her ex-husband Kang Ji Min. Eun Se Mi found out Ji Eun Soo is actually Kang Woo Joo’s biological mother and joined hands with Kim Ho Ran to ruin Ji Eun Soo’s life.

If that’s not enough, Ji Eun Soo may have one more enemy: Yoon Sang Kyu. At first, it seemed like he was helping her because he wanted to atone for his actions in the past. However, things are unclear as it seems like he may once again side with Kim Ho Ran. This unpredictable relationship will increase the tension to the highest level.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1429207wpp/key-points-that-will-amp-up-the-excitement-in-the-second-half-of-lie-after-lie

Ep 10 text preview. Used google translation so maybe some translation mistakes. :) 

Jimin begins to question Sang-gyu's accident and learns that Sang-gyu is Ho-ran's former secretary. And get information about the murder of the son of President Horan Kim, 10 years ago from detective Kwon. In that, he see Eun-su's face... Meanwhile, Woo-joo is admitted to the hospital due to the usual asthma. And someone comes to the hospital...

Hello to everyone!! First post here but i really enjoyed all your comments! I just ADORE this drama as the relationship between WJ and ES as the loveline of JM and ES!!! That mother in law is simply a WITCH AND A RickRoll'D and that ex of his is annoying!!:facepalm:

BTW i really love how Eun Soo got closer to her daughter and the dynamics between them was so lovely and deep at the same time. Hope to see that WITCH in jail and hope to see WJ find out the truth...:evilelmo: OBV i think we'll get happy ending and hope writer will give justice to ES for that murder... She deserves to be happy with a new family!!

49 minutes ago, sal2 said:

Ep 10 text preview. Used google translation so maybe some translation mistakes. :) 

Jimin begins to question Sang-gyu's accident and learns that Sang-gyu is Ho-ran's former secretary. And information about the murder of the son of President Horan Kim, 10 years ago from Hyung-sa Kwon. In that, he see Eun-su's face... Meanwhile, Woo-joo is admitted to the hospital due to the usual asthma. And someone comes to the hospital...

It's pretty accurate, actually. :thumbsup:

ichannela.com/program/template/video_detailPage.do?publishId=000000221971&subCateCode=050219

상규의 사고에 의문을 품기 시작한 지민은 상규가 호란의 전비서라는 사실을 알게 된다. 그리고 권형사에게 받은 10년 전, 김호란 회장의 아들 살인사건 정보. 그 속에서 은수의 얼굴을 보게 되는데... 한편, 우주는 평소 앓던 천식으로 인해 병원에 입원하게 된다. 그리고 그 병원에 누군가 찾아오는데...

The only thing to be changed is "Hyung-sa Kwon" = Detective Kwon

Looks like things went south with JM and ES. He wouldn't take her calls and returned all the art works she and WJ did. :unsure: 
We were right that Yoon was in danger. He had clear cctv pictures of ES' father's accident. Kim Ho Ran your goose is getting cooked. But she's also not very bright, made a call to her secretary ( I think, don't know his name), instead of the  truck-of-doom, it's the tall building scene.

I am always puzzled, even for Kdramas, why the writers do not have duplicates of threatening items. Stolen shares certificates for example are transferred, don't they have a central depository? Or weathy chaebols become penniless due to a bad deal or again stolen shares transfer. Wealthy corporate people use other people's money to do business, their own wealth is salted away so they will never have to move to a roof top room. :smile: Maybe they have to move from a 10,000 sq. ft. house, but not to a hovel. 

Anyway, the preview shows a panicking HR and the thick skinned SM turns up again. We are getting action. I see JM an ES working together to solve the two murders. They may not end up together but there would be hints, my guess. I am not sure how the time leap scene and airport running scene are going to fit into the storyline. :smile:
edit: Just watched the episode with subs. JM was very hurt, poor nice man. He still has not connected her to HR but the preview shows him looking at her snapshot, I think it will come out. Best part, HR wants her grand daughter whom she wanted dead. SM also wants her daughter. I am hoping the two witches will fight and ES will win.

HR has something to hide. :isannoyed:

11 hours ago, maribella said:

Looks like things went south with JM and ES. He wouldn't take her calls and returned all the art works she and WJ did. :unsure: 
We were right that Yoon was in danger. He had clear cctv pictures of ES' father's accident. Kim Ho Ran your goose is getting cooked. But she's also not very bright, made a call to her secretary ( I think, don't know his name), instead of the  truck-of-doom, it's the tall building scene.

Secretary Yoon is also not very bright! Just carry out your plans! Don't tell the evil person what you're going to do!

I like this actor a lot. I'm sad this happened. But at the same time, it was a good "holy #$%!!" moment.

I really felt Eun Soo's heartbreak. I don't blame Ji Min - someone lies to you, you can't trust them anymore, that's natural. But I think once he finds out her backstory he will understand why she did that.

About Eun Soo's friend from prison (Jin Gook's mom) - does her husband know that she is a convict, too?

51 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

About Eun Soo's friend from prison (Jin Gook's mom) - does her husband know that she is a convict, too?

Don't think so. I think she said he came to her bakery.

I feel more for JM. His wife cheated on him, almost killed their daughter and 5/6 years later, he opened his heart to a woman who was using him.

She could just be honest from the beginning and be WJ's teacher. She could exact revenge on HR for trying to kill her baby.

Aish. This drama is just riddled with tropes and ep.09 was no different, in fact it was very predictable. I just knew something bad was going to happen to Mr. Yoon. I sure hope he made copies ha-ha! Maybe that envelope at the columbarium perhaps..?

Look, Ji Min shi I know you were burned by Se Mi and all.. but could you at least hear Eun Soo out!? And she needs to stop pausing between her sentences LoL tsk. Ugh what did Mr. Yoon discover yo? The suspense is killing me.

I hope Ji Min's  rambunctious family can bring Ji Min and Eun Soo back together. Poor Woo Joo.. on a shallow note, The Chairwoman's right hand man is quite the hottie eheheh.     

4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Secretary Yoon is also not very bright! Just carry out your plans! Don't tell the evil person what you're going to do!

I like this actor a lot. I'm sad this happened. But at the same time, it was a good "holy #$%!!" moment.

it really was! you know that something was going to happen to him but the moment was totally shocking. totally got a gasp from me. given how meticulous secretary yoon was, he would have definitely led a trail of bread crumbs somewhere.. in some ways, feel really bad for him - had a pang when he was begging for his son and when he fell from the roof. think he just had it with chairwoman threatening him to do things that was over his conscience. the devious woman still wanted woo joo dead. :blink::vicx:

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I feel more for JM. His wife cheated on him, almost killed their daughter and 5/6 years later, he opened his heart to a woman who was using him.

it was fun to see his family's reactions to finding out he was dating someone and how excited they were -- it really told you what a big step it was for ji min and how far he felt for eun soo. even though it seemed like really early stages, it was actually far more serious and earnest and it really broke his heart. awww, poor fella, it was really sad to watch him.... :heartbreak:

2 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

on a shallow note, The Chairwoman's right hand man is quite the hottie eheheh. 

kekeke... he is... too bad he is evil -- he seems like he has no qualms doing whatever she orders. why? where do these evil chaebols manage to find such loyal henchmen?

@Lmangla

It's like Secret Boutique as well. The female lead (total girl crush with killer style btw) had a loyal and very cute right hand man too.. But his loyalty to her was partly out of affection and gratitude. I'm still bitter that they didn't hook up LoL. So I presume The Chairwoman's right hand guy is loyal for either the same reasons or she has dirt on him (not surprising tbh) Well it's a k-drama after all. Aside from the wardrobe, I'm watching for eye candy too eheheh.  

I'm a lil surprised that the chairwoman exposed Mr. Yoon's spying to Eun Soo. It was like shouldn't it be confidential? Then sadly Mr. Yoon had that accident.  

“Lie After Lie” Previews Serious Meeting Between Yeon Jung Hoon And Kwon Hwa Woon

516e19d0ef2a47dca602634043fef127.jpeg?s=

Oct 3, 2020
by L. Kim

In the upcoming episode of Channel A’s “Lie After Lie,” Yeon Jung Hoon and Kwon Hwa Woon will engage in a serious conversation!

Yeon Jung Hoon plays Kang Ji Min, a reporter who unknowingly adopted Ji Eun Soo’s daughter Kang Woo Joo (Go Na Hee). Kwon Hwa Woon takes the role of Kim Yeon Joon, a professional golfer who is in love with Ji Eun Soo.

Spoiler

Previously on “Lie After Lie,” Kang Ji Min opened up his heart to Ji Eun Soo and accepted her confession. Just when they were developing into lovers, he found out she was his daughter’s biological mother. Betrayed by the truth and hurt that she had just been using him, he demanded she never come near him and his daughter again.

On October 3, the drama released new stills of Kang Ji Min and Kim Yeon Joon. The two characters are sitting across from each other at a cafe with stiff and serious expressions. Kang Ji Min seems suspicious of Kim Yeon Joon’s intentions, and Kim Yeon Joon’s eyebrows are furrowed in silent desperation.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1429316wpp/lie-after-lie-previews-serious-meeting-between-yeon-jung-hoon-and-kwon-hwa-woon

“Lie After Lie” Achieves Its Highest Friday Ratings Yet

864fbab9aa1d417f8c058d44f251b8f5.jpeg?s=

Oct 3, 2020
by E. Cha

Even amidst widespread changes to television broadcast schedules for the Chuseok holiday, Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” continues to go strong!

According to Nielsen Korea, the October 2 episode of the suspense-romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon scored an average viewership rating of 3.3 percent nationwide.

While the ratings fell short of those achieved by the drama’s previous episode—which set a new record for the highest ratings achieved by any drama in Channel A history—they still mark the highest ratings “Lie After Lie” has achieved to date on a Friday, when viewership is typically significantly lower compared to Saturdays.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429299wpp/lie-after-lie-achieves-its-highest-friday-ratings-yet

Archived