larus

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Reminisce About Their Past Relationship In “Search”

a028a88cb70a49e7a4ad8dd17fc4243e.jpeg?s=

Oct 25, 2020
by S. P

OCN’s “Search” has revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

“Search” is a military thriller drama about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). The drama stars Jang Dong Yoon, f(x)’s Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and Lee Hyun Wook.

Spoilers

Captain Song Min Gyu (Yoon Park) leads the special task force that has been assembled to track down an unknown enemy at the DMZ. Other members of the team include first lieutenant Lee Joon Sung (Lee Hyun Wook), Sergeant Park Ki Hyung (Lee Ha Yul), and Sergeant Yong Dong Jin (Jang Dong Yoon).

Previously, first lieutenant Son Ye Rim (Krystal) just barely killed the revived Corporal Oh (Lee Kyung Min) with the help of her comrades. Although she suspected that Corporal Oh had been infected with the same virus that she had seen in a stray dog, she still had to figure out how he came back to life. After injecting a lab rat with Corporal Oh’s blood serum, she realized that the virus affected a part of the victim’s brain and altered their genes. Commander Han Dae Shik (Choi Duk Moon), enraged at the unbelievable situation, brought Son Ye Rim in to complete the special task force.

The team finally set out on their first mission, but Yong Dong Jin went missing after chasing after something that moved the same way as the unknown enemy. Having lost all communication with his team, Yong Dong Jin wandered around and eventually ran into North Korean soldiers. However, the solider who raised a gun at him was suddenly dragged up into a tree, and the North Korean soldiers went into a panic as they began shooting at the bizarre creature who attacked him.

Although Yong Dong Jin tried to use the opportunity to escape, the creature soon caught up to him. While he stood frozen in fear at the creature’s ghastly appearance, Son Ye Rim entered the scene and fired her gun to bring him back to his senses. It remains to be seen if Yong Dong Jin and the special task force’s first mission will be a success.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1433668wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-krystal-reminisce-about-their-past-relationship-in-search

WTH :wut: that's the ending of ep 4? You must be kidding me, OCN!!!!!

Dongyin's cute and funny friends, no please noooooo... 

Spoiler

Awww there are great YongSon moments in this episode... They are so cute together. And it was funny when both feel jealous herherher the karaoke scene :fullofhearts: they still have feelings for each other!!! 

6 hours ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

I am considering starting this drama, how would you describe it so far? Anyone, recommend it ? Also, is there any romance in this drama as I'm a sucker for that :D

It's a sci fic/ fantasy/ DNA related drama. Straight shoot 'em up.

Too much killing for me to bother about romance happening.

The nonlinear story telling of this show confused the heck out of me the first two episode coz I watched first without subs.

One time he is lost in the DMZ forrest! Next he is playing with his dog! Next the DMZ village is shown! Next he is doing karaoke with his ex!

But after watching with subs it's not so confusing!

I wonder if the original zombie virus defector is related to Son Yerim ! Her mum seemed to be waiting for him near the boat!

Anyway I love this zombie virus show! Wonder how grand scale this travesty is going to unfold!

Also is the zombie after uniformed personnel or just YoonDongjin! Or is it still looking for that baby!

I wonder if there is a north Korean spy inside their ranks!!! Coz of the questionable phone calls.

Song Minkyu is annoying but YD annoys him more! And why does no one share info they find with each other like SonYerim after she found that blood when that grandma invited them for her birthday. Also YD should have told the team about that random building he came across with all those dead poultry!!

Also I want to know who/what person visited YD's mum's restaurant!

I dont know if they explained why Captain Song  should have gone to prison.

Maybe I missed something.

Min Kyu is just focused on completing the task.

But as team leader, he needed to listen to what Yerim and DJ wanted to say.

I was sorry when DJ wanted to draw what he saw, but MK just ignored him.

I guess Captain Song wont be so arrogant anymore because the enemy has proven to 

be both stronger and smarter.

Yoon Park is excellent in this role...

I am thinking that Ye Rim`s mom has work on the virus since she was an scientist and they wanted her back. And I don`t think it is a coincidence that she wanted to defect just when the virus was lost. I wonder why Ye Rim did not get infected and if she is imune or something. We`ll see.

There are more than one mutants? I think there are more. The strongest was the one who killed the North Korean soldier and "saved" Dong Jin. I don`t know if it was just a luck or not at this point. I thought that maybe that mutant was a soldier from 1997 incident but I am hoping it is not Dong Jin`s father. It will be too heartbreaking for Dong Jin.  I really want to know what happened with the South Korean team in 1997. It is not a coincidence that Dong Jin`s mother was visited after so many years by "that person". I suspect that "that person" is Lee Hyeok.

I wish we have some light moments or relaxed moments when the team is spending time together outside the mission. I lauged when the little girl Soo-Young said that Dong Jin is her type. The looks she gave to the "competition". :lol:

15 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:

The nonlinear story telling of this show confused the heck out of me the first two episode coz I watched first without subs.

One time he is lost in the DMZ forrest! Next he is playing with his dog! Next the DMZ village is shown! Next he is doing karaoke with his ex!

But after watching with subs it's not so confusing!

I wonder if the original zombie virus defector is related to Son Yerim ! Her mum seemed to be waiting for him near the boat!

Anyway I love this zombie virus show! Wonder how grand scale this travesty is going to unfold!

Also is the zombie after uniformed personnel or just YoonDongjin! Or is it still looking for that baby!

I wonder if there is a north Korean spy inside their ranks!!! Coz of the questionable phone calls.

Song Minkyu is annoying but YD annoys him more! And why does no one share info they find with each other like SonYerim after she found that blood when that grandma invited them for her birthday. Also YD should have told the team about that random building he came across with all those dead poultry!!

Also I want to know who/what person visited YD's mum's restaurant!

I somehow think there is a spy from North Korea in the ranks since 1997 during the “accidental” shootout. In current time we know that someone else besides the commander who Song reports to wants to know what’s happening in the mission. That person is the one Lee is reporting to. I wonder if it’s the politician or someone else. 

15 hours ago, ferily said:

Anyone else wondering why Yong Dong Jin is the only one where his communications get messed up? I wonder if he has some kind of connection with that zombie/monster...?

Although Ye Rim has the name, I’m wondering if like someone commented last week if the actual baby from the north is Dong Jin. Someone showed up at his mother’s restaurant whom the camera didn’t reveal but the mother greeted him and after the person left she wondered why he showed up now. 

On 10/26/2020 at 11:20 PM, celebrianna said:

Although Ye Rim has the name, I’m wondering if like someone commented last week if the actual baby from the north is Dong Jin. Someone showed up at his mother’s restaurant whom the camera didn’t reveal but the mother greeted him and after the person left she wondered why he showed up now. 

No, the baby is Ye Rim and she was a girl. I suspect that Dong Jin`s father was Jo Min-Kook (aka cpt. Night Owl). He was about to get married after the mission but he died/ lost in mission.  Probably the man who visit his mother was his father `s friend Lee Hyeok or someone else connceted with the incident from 1997. . That person came to see her after that inccident, in 1997 and now he visited her again. It is not a coincidence. Who knows what Dong Jin  and the team will find now in DMZ, section 21. If a member of that team was infected and stayed there as a mutant and the new team will find out it will open the investigations again. Not everything was reported corectly. They cover up what happened. I just hope the mutant is not Dong Jin`s father because it will be heartbreaking for him. 

7 minutes ago, larus said:

No, the baby is Ye Rim and she was a girl. I suspect that Dong Jin`s father was Jo Min-Kook (aka cpt. Night Owl). He was about to get married after the mission but he died/ lost in mission.  Probably the man who visit his mother was his father `s friend Lee Hyeok or someone else connceted with the incident from 1997. . That person came to see her after that inccident, in 1997 and now he visited her again. It is not a coincidence. Who knows what Dong Jin  and the team will find now in DMZ, section 21. If a member of that team was infected and stayed there as a mutant and the new team will find out it will open the investigations again. Not everything was reported corectly. They cover up what happened. I just hope the mutant is not Dong Jin`s father because it will be heartbreaking for him. 

Well the main mutant is the NK guy who was transport or running away with the virus in the start of drama and got infected himself. Like many, I also do believe that we have at least for one more mutant moving around. So this second mutant could actually be Dong Jin's dad, The Night Owl who was MIA in the first mission. 

They all have covered up a lot about that mission, and things will be revealed about it. 

Why do I feel like the mutant is quite interested in Dong Jin. Or is it because he is the dog handler and has a dog with himself. Till now, he has targeted him, went after him (of course he did attack the NK soldiers too, but Dong Jin was present at that time too). Plus another thing is that the mutant does not really seem to be interested in humans, at least for now, given the fact that he has been targeting chickens and dogs most probably for feeding. Now that he has become more active in the village, it will be interesting how the story will develop. 

Since the killing of characters has started, I am looking forward to see how much more this drama will get brutal when it will come to killing more important characters. I do feel like the Sniper guy or the one from Special Force may be among the dead ones. 

I actually also wonder, whether the main reason because Ye Rin didn't get infected was because she has got anti-bodies in her body for the virus. We see Ye Rim being scared of getting shots, what if it is related to her infant days when she got shots for vaccine of this virus, or at least it was tested on her. Could be one of the main reasons her mom (don't remember whether it was confirmed she is the mom or not) tried to run away with her to SK. To stop the testing being done on her. So maybe, the living could be infected by it. But I think even Dong Jin was wounded by him, so maybe this theory could be wrong. 

36 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Why do I feel like the mutant is quite interested in Dong Jin. Or is it because he is the dog handler and has a dog with himself. Till now, he has targeted him, went after him (of course he did attack the NK soldiers too, but Dong Jin was present at that time too).

The dog was not present but the mutant saved Dong Jin when that Noth Korean soldier was about to shoot. Probably is a coincidence and I also noticed that the mutant is interested in Dong Jin. Like you said, probably because he is with a dog. He met Dong Jin a few times. He even killed his former god, Leo. Or the mutant attacked the dog to protect himself and he died by that mine. We don`t really see what happened.

40 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I actually also wonder, whether the main reason because Ye Rin didn't get infected was because she has got anti-bodies in her body for the virus. We see Ye Rim being scared of getting shots, what if it is related to her infant days when she got shots for vaccine of this virus, or at least it was tested on her.

I thought about her possible antibodies too but about her fobia of shots, I find it hard to believe because she was  just a baby. It is not the first time I hear this suposition. But let say that she was subjected by lot of experiences and her body remembers unconsciously this experience for now. We`ll see.

5 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well the main mutant is the NK guy who was transport or running away with the virus in the start of drama and got infected himself. Like many, I also do believe that we have at least for one more mutant moving around. So this second mutant could actually be Dong Jin's dad, The Night Owl who was MIA in the first mission. 

They all have covered up a lot about that mission, and things will be revealed about it. 

Yeah, it’s clear that there are two because the NK mutant is wearing plain green like the NK troops and the other mutant is wearing the army uniform of an SK soldiers. I don’t think either him or the original mutant changed clothes. Heh. The one DJ and team hunted to the water is the SK mutant. I certainly believe what happened in 1997 is somehow linked to this on the SK side as well. Besides the coverup, I think there’s more to what happened.

Hello all

from what I think, the politician Lee is the one who started the fire and broke the peace in 1997. After which, though some of SK soldiers survived including 'Night Owl'. But due to difference in opinion, the now army chief and Lee sabotaged the evidence and killed all of them.

Ye rim seems to be the baby from DMZ

Dong Jin is 'Night Owl's son

The person who visited Dong Jin's mom might be the army chief or Lee Hyuk

Also the theory of two mutated... I don't think so.

Even NK soldiers have green uniform (can check the soldier who got in fight with Dong Jin or Ri Jeong Hyuk from CLOY:fullofhearts:)

Any way let's see how it unfolds...:getmygrooveon:

Hello. 

Been lurking and decided to joint the discussion since the story getting interesting as the episode move further.

As episode 4 final revealed that the mutant can goes into the water basement and chasing the soldiers, in my point of view the mutant was not happen recently i mean it can be like it is the upgraded version of corporal on since it can think and felt that being hunted.

As for DJ, he is around 28 y.o or so since during the some scene, he is the senior one compare the other boys and also if the time line match, he can be the captain of night owl's son. In the 1st episode we can see him watched picture of his wife and son.

Also i agree that the trigger of lee hyuk (the assemblyman) started the fire was from drinking the water and the underpressure situation. But as if he killed the other comrades, i wasn't sure about this since the flash back was not in orderical scene. Like when the green uniform shooting the other uniform and when lee hyuk shouting at captain jo and saved han dae sik (the army force leader) was some kind of blurry.

Also yerim's sugar dady was also there taking baby yerim from daesik. Although i guess that he came later after the chaos ended.

So i assumed there were something with lee hyuk and he tried to coba re it up. Remember that he is the son in law of person from high rank.

As of yerim felt scare with needle, it is true that people can get trauma while they were still baby. Same with a person scares of fire without reason, turn out he got an accident related with fire while he's still a baby. It goes on your uncosiouness. Like we all know our mind is like a tip of iceberg and some time we can only dig it through hipnosis etc.

NB : The map they found was the same map of DMZ. I believe that was a drawing made by the mutant

Why do I feel that the NK mutant is controlling the wild dogs and the other zombies. I feel DJ has met both the NK mutant and the SK uniform wearing zombie (minor gripe : why is the uniform so spick and span! I mean so clean. should it not be spoiled after all these years in the jungle!)

The NK mutant does not seem to attack DJ . He just observes him and why? And then randomly ran away from DJ, why?

The NK mutant's hideout is that random derelict building in the DMZ. I wanted DJ to investigate it but guess that's for later!

Archived