[Drama 2020] Search, 써치

larus

f(x)’s Krystal Transforms Into An Elite Lieutenant For Upcoming OCN Thriller “Search”

8b73cdd0cdd044b9bb26ca0473c2d973.jpeg?s=

Sep 1, 2020
by S. Nam

OCN’s upcoming drama “Search” released the first set of stills of f(x)’s Krystal!

“Search” is a new military thriller drama about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murder that take place in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Krystal stars as Son Ye Rim, the special officer and lieutenant of CBR (chemical, biological, and radiological) Defense Command. With her intelligence, she earned the highest scores in military science and the comprehensive evaluations for military training during her time at the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC). After she graduated in first place, she attended the United States Military Academy (USMA) and completed her overseas training. Along with bold courage and passion, she has everyone’s absolute trust. Lieutenant Son Ye Rim, who successfully completes all her assigned tasks with the thorough mindset of a soldier, will use her nimble wits to solve the mysterious cases at the DMZ.

The newly release stills reveal Son Ye Rim looking natural in her military uniform. With a steady and unwavering gaze, she conveys her vigor and resolve to complete the tasks she is responsible for. Son Ye Rim looks both beautiful and charismatic as she exudes the aura of an elite officer.

more

https://www.soompi.com/article/1422874wpp/fxs-krystal-transforms-into-an-elite-lieutenant-for-upcoming-ocn-thriller-search

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jang Dong Yoon Participates In A Nighttime Hunt In Chilling Posters For Upcoming Drama “Search”

Sep 3, 2020
by S. Nam

OCN’s upcoming drama “Search” released two new exciting posters!

“Search” is a new military thriller drama about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murder that take place in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

The newly released teaser poster captures the soldiers participating in a night reconnaissance as the troop’s eyes and ears. Military dog handler Yong Dong Jin (Jang Dong Yoon) stands among the other soldiers with a stiff and nervous expression. Since he’s a sergeant who is almost done with his mandatory military service, viewers are curious to find out why he’s crossing the darkness to search the DMZ.

Search.jpg

Furthermore, another poster creates more tension by conveying the perspective of someone watching Yong Dong Jin. Surrounded by the early morning fog, Yong Dong Jin’s dim silhouette is the only figure in the poster. The image evokes fear by making it appear as if the unknown figure watching Yong Dong Jin will approach him despite the barbed wires. The poster’s chilling text, “DMZ. Facing a fear no one has seen before,” also raises viewers’ curiosity for the upcoming search that will take place.

Search-2.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1423309wpp/jang-dong-yoon-participates-in-a-nighttime-hunt-in-chilling-posters-for-upcoming-drama-search

Jang Dong-yoon, Krystal gather the troops for OCN thriller Search

by tccolb

0003792552_001_20200903132404181.jpg

With more than a month to go before its premiere, we’re getting another peek at OCN’s upcoming drama Search, via a new poster, stills, and a video teaser. Jang Dong-yoon (Tale of Nokdu) and Krystal (Player) feature in the promos, so it looks like we’ll have to wait to see their costars Moon Jung-hee (I’ll Find You on a Beautiful Day), Yoon Park (Itaewon Class), and Lee Hyun-wook (The Good Detective).

The story takes place in the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) where a mysterious disappearance and murder occurs, prompting the South Korean army to investigate. However, the longer they try to uncover the truth, the enemy remains unseen within their ranks and tensions escalate among the team.

Jang Dong-yoon plays the lead role of Sergeant Yong Dong-jin, whose main duty involves training and overseeing the army’s search dogs. Nearly at the end of his army service, he had been counting the days until his release when he is ordered to join the search for clues to the disappearance.

Krystal takes on the role of Lieutenant Sohn Ye-rim, who handles CBR (Chemical/Biological/Radioactive) Defense on the Special Forces. During her cadet years, she received top marks in both military training as well as her specialty in military science. She also took part in overseas training at the U.S. Military Academy, securing her status as an elite officer, and she’s well-regarded for her intelligence, bravery, and passionate spirit.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/jang-dong-yoon-krystal-gather-the-troops-for-ocn-thriller-search/

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon Recalls A Horrific Memory In Teaser For New OCN Thriller “Search”

Sep 10, 2020
by E. Cha

OCN’s upcoming drama “Search” has released an intriguing new teaser!

Jang Dong Yoon will star as Yoon Dong Jin, a military dog handler and sergeant who is almost done with his mandatory military service when he is suddenly assigned to the search party. f(x)’s Krystal will play the role of Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation team as a special officer.

The suspenseful new teaser begins with Yoon Dong Jin looking troubled as he prepares to report something he’s witnessed, presumably to a superior officer. “I saw the incident right before my eyes,” he says, as the clip flashes back to Yoon Dong Jin’s memory of the disturbing event. Intercut with flashes of gunfire and a dog barking is a brief glimpse of a mysterious entity with glowing red eyes.

Yoon Dong Jin continues, “It happened in the blink of an eye, and it was horrific.”

As the clip returns to Yoon Dong Jin’s memories, the caption warns, “He will face a fear that no one has seen before.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1424699wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-recalls-a-horrific-memory-in-teaser-for-new-ocn-thriller-search

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Search, 써치 - Jang Dong Yoon & Krystal - Sat & Sun @ 22:50 KST - Premieres in October

Watch: Krystal Has Her Eyes On The Target In Teaser For New OCN Drama “Search”

bb125a73366c4743a60e4b1f2925680a.jpeg?s=

Sep 11, 2020
by C. Hong

After releasing a teaser for Jang Dong Yoon‘s character, OCN has released a character teaser for Krystal!

Jang Dong Yoon and Krystal are starring in OCN’s upcoming drama “Search,” which is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Jang Dong Yoon plays Yoon Dong Jin, a military dog handler and sergeant who is almost done with his mandatory military service when he is suddenly assigned to the search party. Krystal plays Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation team as a special officer.

In Krystal’s teaser, Son Ye Rim examines a blood sample in a CBR (chemical, biological, radiological warfare) lab in the Border Island Command division. As the sample begins to show abnormal activity, she observes, “This is a reaction that I’ve never seen before. It’s repeated modification.”

Son Ye Rim also proves she is a capable agent in the field as she levels a gun at her target and locks it in her sights. Without a trace of hesitation, she says, “The target has appeared in front of me. I will fire now.” The camera then cuts to the mysterious figure that she has trapped in her sights.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1424941wpp/watch-krystal-has-her-eyes-on-the-target-in-teaser-for-new-ocn-drama-search

Krystal And Jang Dong Yoon’s Upcoming OCN Thriller “Search” Reveals Premiere Date And New Posters

12c582029e554f82be35947ee4551f02.jpeg?s=

Sep 14, 2020
by C. Lee

OCN’s upcoming drama “Search” has set a premiere date and revealed new posters of its cast!

Starring Jang Dong Yoon and Krystal, “Search” is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

On September 14, OCN gave a new look at the five characters who are a part of the strongest military corps. While the previous set of posters hinted at an unknown enemy lurking in the DMZ, the newly released main poster depicts the mindsets of the characters who are facing “a fear that no one has ever seen.”

Amid the tense atmosphere of the DMZ, the characters have different expressions on their faces as they prepare to meet the unknown enemy.

Sergeant Yong Dong Jin (Jang Dong Yoon), who is almost done with his mandatory military service, faces unexpected moments of confusion during a special mission where he’s deployed ahead of his discharge date. With impressive experience as the best “warrior” of the Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, Yong Dong Jin will work together with his tracking dog in the upcoming story.

By Yong Dong Jin’s side is Son Ye Rim (Krystal), a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation team as a special officer. In the poster, she’s covered up to her chin and appears determined to expose the identity of the mysterious enemy. Son Ye Rim also exudes calmness even within the chaos of the DMZ.

Moon Jung Hee plays Kim Da Jung, a reservist who was once the head of the special forces team in charge of counterterrorism and now works as a tour guide at the DMZ Memorial Hall. In the poster, she shows off confidence and charisma.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1425433wpp/krystal-and-jang-dong-yoons-upcoming-ocn-thriller-search-reveals-premiere-date-and-new-posters

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal’s Thriller Drama “Search”

a022ed28bd6b4e25a14e94fe95d07666.png?s=9

Sep 16, 2020
by J. K

OCN is upping the anticipation for its new drama “Search”!

Starring Jang Dong Yoon and Krystal, “Search” is a mystery thriller about a special mission team that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

After releasing posters and teaser videos for the show, OCN has now shared some important points that drama fans can look forward to in “Search”!

1. The new fusion of “military” and “thriller” genres

“Search” is described as the first drama to combine “military” and “thriller” genres in one. Its setting is the DMZ between North and South Korea, a strip of land that acts as a buffer zone between the countries and includes a meeting point for the two nations. The drama features suspicious incidents, the special mission team aiming to uncover the truth about them, and a mysterious unknown enemy that they face. These elements will all be portrayed in a lifelike way in the unique “military thriller,” guaranteeing that viewers will be at the edge of their seats throughout the show.

Unique aspects of the “military thriller” will include the subtle tension created by the differences in the ranks of the characters, and of course the drama will also feature the actors in uniform, combining an eye-catching “military concept” with the usual elements of the thriller genre that fans love.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1425781wpp/3-reasons-to-look-forward-to-jang-dong-yoon-and-krystals-thriller-drama-search

Stills

FBBELA2ZURZ7U4KSG6DRNODJ5E.jpg

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2020/09/18/CXQEG52V26MVYZIRUJFOZKG7HE/

Jang Dong Yoon Describes How He Prepared For Role In Military Thriller Drama “Search”

b20a24acb0084403975a1a87d02522a3.jpeg?s=

Sep 17, 2020
by J. K

Jang Dong Yoon spoke about the intense process of preparation for his role in “Search”!

He stars in OCN’s upcoming military thriller drama “Search” as Yoon Dong Jin, a military dog handler and sergeant who has almost completed his mandatory service. The drama tells the story of a special search team aiming to uncover the secrets of mysterious disappearances and murder in the demilitarized zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea. Fellow cast members include Krystal, Moon Jung Hee, Yoon Park, and more.

“This is my first time taking on this genre, so I was excited,” Jang Dong Yoon said. “More than anything, I felt like I was challenging myself.”

On why he chose this drama, the actor said, “The biggest reason was the interesting script. I wanted to be in the show even more because it’s a genre that’s hard to come by.” He added, “It’s been my dream to not be limited by genre and to play many different roles. This is my first time in a genre work, and I hope that I can show a performance with a different charm than what I’ve done before.”

Jang Dong Yoon’s transformation for the role is clear in the teaser images and videos that have been released so far, with his youthful image disappearing as he becomes a tough and charismatic sergeant. In particular, a hot topic has been his muscular physique, which Jang Dong Yoon achieved with constant hard work. He said, “Sergeant Yong is a member of a search team, and he has strong physical abilities. Because of that, I built up my physique through working out and gaining weight.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1426064wpp/jang-dong-yoon-describes-how-he-prepared-for-role-in-military-thriller-drama-search

Watch: Jang Dong Yoon And Krystal Carry Out Their Duties Behind The Scenes Of Upcoming Thriller “Search”

e5d5917ea3df472b833ab917cf8b5af7.jpeg?s=

Sep 18, 2020
by S. P

OCN’s “Search” has revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the filming of the upcoming drama’s teaser!

“Search” is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). Jang Dong Yoon stars as Yoon Dong Jin, a military dog handler and sergeant who is almost done with his mandatory military service when he is suddenly assigned to the search party. Krystal plays Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation team as a special officer.

The video gives viewers a glimpse at the two actors filming their teasers. Although the day is windy, Jang Dong Yoon stands dutifully among the tall grass to film his scene. On high alert, he crouches as he moves across the field, holding his gun up as if he has encountered something suspicious.

Next up, Krystal pierces the camera with her sharp gaze, completing the scene in which she stands guard in front of a gate. While waiting to film the next scene, Jang Dong Yoon comments, “Thank goodness it didn’t rain much. I thought it would rain a lot.” The director says in jest, “Just because it’s raining, it doesn’t mean you can slack off while filming!” Krystal responds affirmatively, holding her hands up in agreement.

Krystal then talks with Jang Dong Yoon about the hardships of filming action scenes. Lifting up her gun, she tells him, “This was the easy part.” She continues to explain that coordinating movements is difficult, and she slumps her shoulders to express how hard it was to film. Finally, the two wrap up filming as they shoot a scene together in which they both turn to look at the camera.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1426214wpp/watch-jang-dong-yoon-and-krystal-carry-out-their-duties-behind-the-scenes-of-upcoming-thriller-search

f(x)’s Krystal Talks About Preparing For Her Role In Upcoming OCN Thriller “Search”

f95afb01875344ca8a688510f275d93c.jpeg?s=

Sep 20, 2020
by S. Cho

Ahead of the premiere of OCN’s “Search,” f(x)’s Krystal sat down to chat about the drama and her role!

“Search” is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ). Krystal plays Son Ye Rim, a highly intelligent and capable lieutenant who joins the investigation team as a special officer.

Regarding her role, Krystal shared, “Everything about portraying a soldier was a big challenge. Although the script was fun too, I was extremely drawn to the fact that the character was a soldier, because I had never tried that before.” She added, “This is a project that I hope helps people discover a new side of me that is different from the image of ‘Jung Soo Jung’ [Krystal’s birth name] the public already knows.”

Krystal elaborated on her character’s many charms, explaining, “She says what needs to be said, and being able to stay calm in all situations is her strength. She’s truly elite, armed with her innate physical strength, brilliant mind, and fiery competitiveness.”

She continued, “Even in the many dangerous situations she encounters at the DMZ, her emotions are not easily swayed. She focuses on her mission at hand to flexibly lead the investigation team.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1426618wpp/fxs-krystal-talks-about-preparing-for-her-role-in-upcoming-ocn-thriller-search

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2020] Search, 써치 - Jang Dong Yoon & Krystal - Sat & Sun @ 22:50 KST - Premieres on October 17th

Jang Dong Yoon Is A Relaxed Soldier Waiting For His Discharge In “Search”

40a1a233175e483cb4abfa6022a9e24f.jpeg?s=

Sep 22, 2020
by C. Hong

OCN has released new stills of Jang Dong Yoon in the upcoming drama “Search.”

“Search” is a mystery thriller about a specialized search party that sets out to uncover the truth behind mysterious disappearances and murders in the demilitarized zone (DMZ).

Jang Dong Yoon stars as Yong Dong Jin, a passionate and optimistic young soldier who works as a military dog handler. He only has a short time left in his mandatory military service when he is suddenly assigned to the search party.

jang-dong-yoon-search.jpg

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1426912wpp/jang-dong-yoon-is-a-relaxed-soldier-waiting-for-his-discharge-in-search

Archived