Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Upcoming Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil 악의 꽃 - LEE JOON GI | MOON CHAE WON - June 2020

Updates of the two : 

seems like JG continues to train himself for jiu jitsu. while Chaewon is chilling with more detective-related dramas/movies :)

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

@LyraYoo

Should we worry about MCW's character with LJK's character knowing jiu jitsu? :lol: 

• LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Jillia said:

@LyraYoo

Should we worry about MCW's character with LJK's character knowing jiu jitsu? :lol: 

speaking of jiu jitsu , it reminds me a lot of oh my venus scene *runs*

• LOL 7

3 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

speaking of jiu jitsu , it reminds me a lot of oh my venus scene *runs*

Ln32At2.gif

I just can't... now I'm even more excited.:wub:

I know realistically this will be such a twisted relationship but I'm here for it. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

He's been practicing jiu jitsu for quite some time now. It seems more like a hobby/interest rather than it being preparation for his next drama. And most importantly, he mentioned that IU was the one that sparked his interest in jiu jitsu :joy: But who knows... maybe it'll somehow or in some roundabout manner finds itself into Joon Gi's character?? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Edited by pout
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

14 hours ago, pout said:

He's been practicing jiu jitsu for quite some time now. It seems more like a hobby/interest rather than it being preparation for his next drama. And most importantly, he mentioned that IU was the one that sparked his interest in jiu jitsu :joy: But who knows... maybe it'll somehow or in some roundabout manner finds itself into Joon Gi's character?? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Hello everyone

I guess all here are excited about the buzz and hype of the upcoming drama.Joongi has finally taken up the challenge of something totally new to him and we are pretty sure he will not disappoint us.Let's look forward and give our utmost support.:heart::kiss_wink:

As for the bjj info, it is actually recommended by his manager and not as mentioned above.

This is Scan of the text in the thailand photobook vol 1

Below is the translation of the japanese part:

What made you start doing Brazilian Jiu-jitsu?
It was my manager who recommended it to me. On top of my personality and because I don't seem to suit muscle training, I decided to do martial arts which I had originally done before. To tell the truth, because I had general experience in martial arts before, I didn't like the fact that it's quite difficult at the beginning stage of the sport. Therefore, I said that if I had to choose, I would rather go to action school. But somehow, I was told that Brazilian Jiu-jitsu will be pleasant for me and that I should give it a try. And that's how it all started.

We love to see him doing bjj and actively interacting with people around him in the non entertainment world.He is now blending well into the mob gym family.I'm so happy for him.:blush:

P.S the translator does not wish to be credited,should anyone want to repost,please quote the link of my comment as the source.Thank you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

im honestly clueless about this drama and at the same time so much excited and thats great because this drama flower of evil is verry unique taste that will people want to watch unlike webtoon you know what will happen But this drama its really perfect for moon chae won and lee joon gi to be paired because we know they will executed the role perfectly and effectively,...

• Like 9

On 1/18/2020 at 3:09 AM, sweetseptember09 said:

When I heard of the news that Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won would star in a drama together I was very excited... I haven't watched any Lee Joon Gi dramas besides "My Girl" but there he was the second lead :P but I heard he is a great actor + he is extremly good looking! That man ages like fine wine~ I will get around to watch Moon Lovers in the future since he looks hot AF in ancient clothes and long hair :wub: As for Moon Chae Won, I love her character in The Princess' Man , she's an great actress! When I read the plot of this drama I was however dissapointed.., I wanted a romantic romcom or dramatic romance (y'know heart fluttering romance between two nice people). But now afterwards I am warming up to this plot ^^ It might be interesting , the push and pull kind of relationship... like Tom and Jerry as someone mentioned! Also, can we expect a hot making out session between the leads?? Couples with this kind of dynamics usually end up making out/ end up in bed together after all the push and pull (cuz the push and pull will add so much more excitement to their marriage , and full of passion will will come!) 

I just hope Lee Joon Gi's character will not be completely heartless, that he will eventually show some hint of emotions/ feelings...

i wish they inter more romance to this because people highly anticipated this couple the real tom and jerry couple perfect

• Like 7

The company Movie Closer has done music for several projects in the past 20 years. Among those are sageuks like "Moonlight Embracing the Sun", Jang Ok Jung, Live in Love" or the more recent "100 Days My Prince" and "Arthdal Chronicles". As for modern set dramas "Misaeng", "Signal", "Tunnel", "Stranger/Secret Forest" and "Mother". :D

A really nice resume when it comes to BGMs.

Let's hope we will now get more informations on the supporting cast.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Hi everyone. See many familiar faces here. 

Finally the long wait is over for all of us :). I'm surprised that both are back with the same drama. All the best!!

@jeonghyang thanks for the notice, Dob.

-edit-

@Jillia-chingu was Movie Closer the one who produced The Princess' Man?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Annyeong, @mulberry9-chingu! :D So happy to see you're back.

From what I know they're not the same company who did Princess' Man. I checked their projects and PM doesn't belong to it. :)

• Like 5

The drama will be Produced by Monster Union, and Executive produced by Studio Dragon.

Acoording to their website, Joongi and Chaewon worked with Monster Union before, with Gunman in Joseon and Princess' Man, respectively.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

The drama will be Produced by Monster Union, and Executive produced by Studio Dragon.

Acoording to their website, Joongi and Chaewon worked with Monster Union before, with Gunman in Joseon and Princess' Man, respectively.

wow nice info

i cant wait to watch them on screen and off screen,...theyre interaction and also their closeness,...moon chae won is kind of quiete person while lee joon gi is energetic personality,...im curious for this two,...i wish the epesode is not just 16,...i want more than 20+ episode...i like this couple

• Like 8

I am so eager for more and more news. i want to know who will be Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won's child. I'm also waitng for support cast news. Not to mention first script reading pics and first stills. 
So excited for this drama. I am glad Joon Gi and Chae Won have a second chance. Atlest this time they are married couple. Hope this will be one really successful drama. Pls, let June comes faster. 

• Like 9

its february 2020 and still need to wait little more for script reading,.the whole cast and when they start filming the flower of evil korean drama,. i hope more romance please for moon chae won and lee joon gi...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jazz85 said:

its february 2020 and still need to wait little more for script reading,.the whole cast and when they start filming the flower of evil korean drama,. i hope more romance please for moon chae won and lee joon gi...

We don't get stills for script reading until maybe two to one month before the drama airs. :) Plus there are still no news on the rest of the cast. I'm pretty sure they are finalizing the cast, so they can start filming on time. :D 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

Yes, i know. It's too early to wait anything, but still... i can't wait.

There is audition on 10th february in Busan. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

hi all. hope you're all handling this excruciating wait well... LOL just dropping by to share this update - our drama will premiere in the second half of the year (probably not in June after all, but who knows.)

-

-

tvN announces its official drama lineup for 2020 [official]

(source – https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001152957)

In the second half of the year, ‘The Flower of Evil,’ 'Youth Records,’ 'Stranger 2,’ and 'Startup’ are in line.

'The Flower of Evil’ is a suspense melodrama about a married couple, a man who changed his identity and hides his cruel past and his homicide detective wife who investigates his past. Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon play the married couple in the drama.

-

-

2020.02.07.NewEn article.

(source -- https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000244538)

In the second half, anticipation will continue to mount for tvN’s dramas.

The Flower of Evil (director Kim Cheol-gyu, writer Yoo Jung-hee, produced by StudioDragon, MonsterUnion) is a suspense melodrama about a married couple - a man who changed his identity and hides his cruel past and his homicide detective wife who investigates his past.

Lee Joongi plays Baek Hee-sung, a family guy devoted to his wife and daughter but who completely lacks in emotion and has deceived his wife for the life he lives now. Moon Chaewon plays Cha Ji-won who undergoes intense emotional ups and downs as she, once innocent and loyal wife, ends up putting handcuffs on her husband.

Having already proven their versatility across various genres, the two actors are now making viewers curious what different performances they will show as they play married couple in ‘The Flower of Evil.’ 

• Like 6