[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

Casting news! haven't seen any work with this actor in it. the article doesn't specify what role he's going to play... character's last name is 'Noh' so doesn't sound like he's a family member of either Heesung or Jiwon. 

here's the translation:

Shin Hyun-jong cast in tvN drama ‘Flower of Evil’ - suspense melodrama about psychopath and his homicide detective wife

(source — https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/417/0000519046)

Shin Hyun-jong is set to appear in tvN drama ‘Flower of Evil.’

tvN drama ‘Flower of Evil’ is a suspense melodrama about a psychopath who changed his identity and hides his cruel past and his homicide detective wife who investigates his past. Shin Hyun-jong plays Noh Man-sik in the drama.

In 2020 alone, Shin Hyun-jong has appeared or is set to appear in OCN drama ‘Tell Me What You Saw,’ JTBC’s ‘When the Weather Is Fine,’ and MBC’s ‘Old School Intern.’

Since his debut in 1996 drama ‘Do You Believe in Jazz?’ he’s starred in 23 movies including ‘Waikiki Brothers,’ ‘On the Occasion of Remembering the Turning Gate,’ ‘Teacher Kim Bong Doo,‘ and ‘Memories of Murder.’ He will also make a screen comeback in 2020 with ‘Where Are You Going, Dad’ and ‘Hostage.’

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

https://www.viki.com/tv/37073c-flower-of-evil

Flower of Evil licensed on Viki!

"On the outside, Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi) looks like the ideal husband. A hard-working craftsman, his metal-working studio has met with its fair share of success.

Able to provide a good life for his wife and daughter, he’s an exemplary example of what a husband should be. But his accolades don’t stop there, as comfortable working around the house as he is working in his studio, Hee Sung can as easily fill the roles of father and husband as he can business owner and craftsman. But this perfect exterior hides some very dark secrets. Secrets he would rather his detective wife, Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won), never learn.

Unfortunately, secrets have a way of coming out and as a hard-hitting homicide detective, it’s Cha Ji Won’s job to uncover as many secrets as she can, in her never-ending quest for the truth. With an insatiable curiosity and an unwavering determination to solve even the hardest cases, Ji Won lives for her work.

Thriving on the excitement of unraveling mysteries and the high that comes from bringing criminals to justice, Ji Won is always searching for the next clue. But when Ji Won takes on a particularly cruel case, she starts down a dark path that could crumble the very foundations of her happy life.

Determined to bring this evil psychopath to justice she dives ever deeper into this case, only to find that the criminal she’s been chasing may have been standing next to her all along.

A suspenseful game of cat and mouse, “Flower of Evil” is a 2020 crime thriller drama directed by Kim Cheol Kyu."

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 3

thats good that this drama is not just suspense/triller but also putting romance in this kind of genre,..still waiting and waiting,...its also great that they filmed secretly so no more spoiler,...thats why my curiousity and excitement getting bigger and stronger ,...its already march ...patiently wait and stay calm all of us...

• Like 6

11 hours ago, jazz85 said:

its alright,..thanks again for the info,.im happy for evry latest update..right im curious the looks of moon chae won hair  

Me too but I prefer her with lay-down-long-hair which will differentiate her looks from dramas GD & CM. :wub:

• Like 1

https://tinyurl.com/vlnt7zt

Our leads were seen filming in front of a kindergarten yesterday. 

I think we can have an idea of their daughter's age now, haha.

Edit: Found more accounts of people seeing them filming around Seoul, in a coffee shop. No pictures so far, tho.

I'm crazy to see them again!!! Specially MCW's hairstyle choice haha. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

thats absolutely true because their both high talented actor and actress... i think they both trusted the director and writer of this melodrama triller ...because the story is so intriguing and unique ...their character is hard to portray with full of emotion so real,...that only moon chae won and lee joon gi can do this character so make it real...both expressive and power full,.....

im hoping the writer of this unique melodrama put lots of romance because this is their anticipating comeback couple.....im still in shock that they both paired again that i didnt expected it happen ,..and now i cannot wait to watch them on screen on off screen couple,....

please writer and director put lots of romance,...this really the best part that we are waiting to see...lots of lots of romance.....wishful granted

• Like 5
  • Love 1

hey guys! just a bit more tease about the drama. here's my translation of a blog post from advertising company looking for sponsors for the drama:

(source - https://m.blog.naver.com/lim7480/221881353114)

Looking for advertisers to sponsor tvN Wed/Thu drama “Flower of Evil” – Lee Joongi, Moon Chaewon (airing in July) through PPL (production placement)

Hi, this is OLIVE ADCOM.

Let us introduce tvN drama “Flower of Evil.”

*Drama at a glance

Schedule: Wednesday/Thursday on tvN, at 10:50 p.m. (70 minutes)

Genre: Marriage suspense melodrama  

Premiere date: July 2020

Episodes: 16

Director: Kim Cheol-gyu

Writer: Yoo Jung-hee

Cast: Lee Joongi, Moon Chaewon, Seo Hyunwoo, Jang Heejin, etc.

*About this drama

A marriage suspense melodrama about a man who changed his identity and hides his cruel past, and his homicide detective wife who investigates his past.

Baek Hee-sung (Lee Joongi), a metal artist who runs his own studio and a man without greed who’s content with his  life as it is.

Cha Ji-won (Moon Chaewon), a homicide detective who handles violent crimes and a wife and a mother of one.

*What to look forward to from the drama?

This is:

Story about ‘man who’s lost his emotions’ and ‘woman who's passionately loved him’…

Marriage/psychological thriller that swings between the two extremes of ‘happy home’ and ‘crime scenes’

Story about two people who were more human to each other than to anyone else – it raises questions about ‘what is truly human’.

We look forward to “Flower of Evil,” new 2020 drama from director Kim Cheol-gyu who directed tvN’s Confession and KBS’s On the Way to the Airport.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2