[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

2 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

The drama will be Produced by Monster Union, and Executive produced by Studio Dragon.

Acoording to their website, Joongi and Chaewon worked with Monster Union before, with Gunman in Joseon and Princess' Man, respectively.

wow nice info

i cant wait to watch them on screen and off screen,...theyre interaction and also their closeness,...moon chae won is kind of quiete person while lee joon gi is energetic personality,...im curious for this two,...i wish the epesode is not just 16,...i want more than 20+ episode...i like this couple

• Like 6

I am so eager for more and more news. i want to know who will be Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won's child. I'm also waitng for support cast news. Not to mention first script reading pics and first stills. 
So excited for this drama. I am glad Joon Gi and Chae Won have a second chance. Atlest this time they are married couple. Hope this will be one really successful drama. Pls, let June comes faster. 

• Like 8

hi all. hope you're all handling this excruciating wait well... LOL just dropping by to share this update - our drama will premiere in the second half of the year (probably not in June after all, but who knows.)

-

-

tvN announces its official drama lineup for 2020 [official]

(source – https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0001152957)

In the second half of the year, ‘The Flower of Evil,’ 'Youth Records,’ 'Stranger 2,’ and 'Startup’ are in line.

'The Flower of Evil’ is a suspense melodrama about a married couple, a man who changed his identity and hides his cruel past and his homicide detective wife who investigates his past. Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon play the married couple in the drama.

-

-

2020.02.07.NewEn article.

(source -- https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000244538)

In the second half, anticipation will continue to mount for tvN’s dramas.

The Flower of Evil (director Kim Cheol-gyu, writer Yoo Jung-hee, produced by StudioDragon, MonsterUnion) is a suspense melodrama about a married couple - a man who changed his identity and hides his cruel past and his homicide detective wife who investigates his past.

Lee Joongi plays Baek Hee-sung, a family guy devoted to his wife and daughter but who completely lacks in emotion and has deceived his wife for the life he lives now. Moon Chaewon plays Cha Ji-won who undergoes intense emotional ups and downs as she, once innocent and loyal wife, ends up putting handcuffs on her husband.

Having already proven their versatility across various genres, the two actors are now making viewers curious what different performances they will show as they play married couple in ‘The Flower of Evil.’ 

• Like 6

wow im totally intrigued with this psychopatch husband and his wife detectived how can this be inlove, ....i cant wait to watch lee joon gi and moon chae won exciting romance melodrama ,..wish more romance,. the flower of evil,.. 

• Like 7

On 2/7/2020 at 2:17 PM, jazz85 said:

wow im totally intrigued with this psychopatch husband and his wife detectived how can this be inlove, ....i cant wait to watch lee joon gi and moon chae won exciting romance melodrama ,..wish more romance,. the flower of evil,.. 

Yeah :blush: at first I was dissapointed with this kind of plot but I have by now warmed up to it, so I'm definitely not dissapointed anymore! Now I'm soooo excited and can't wait it to air (Aaghh June please come faster!!)

• Like 5

Hey, guys, we have a script read scheduled for tomorrow!

dropping a translation of the script read article here. hope you all stay safe.

0004169471_001_20200220165209590.png?typ

[Exclusive] Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon - script reading on February 21 for tvN’s ‘The Flower of Evil’

2020.02.20. OSEN article.

(source — http://naver.me/FYJZZrZC)

The filming of tvN’s The Flower of Evil starring Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon begins soon. 

On February 20, OSEN reported that the Flower of Evil team will have their first script reading on the 21st. The main cast including Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon will attend and meet with director Kim Cheol-gyu and writer Yoo Jung-hee.

The Flower of Evil is a suspense melodrama about a man who changed his identity and hides his cruel past and his homicide detective wife who investigates his past. It’s one of the most anticipated tvN dramas of 2020 for its original subject and many interesting things to see.

Lee Joongi plays Baek Heesung, an apparently family man devoted to his wife and daughter who turns out to be lacking in emotion and has completely deceived his wife to achieve the life he lives now. Anticipation has already started to build for the suspense melodrama only Lee Joongi can make.

Moon Chaewon plays Cha Jiwon who, once innocent and loving wife, goes through intense emotional ups and downs and ends up putting handcuffs on her husband. She is expected to captivate viewers with her broad emotional spectrum instead of her previous lovely charm. 

Director Kim Cheol-gyu, who received recognition for his directing in Confession, Mother, and On the Way to the Airport, is gearing up to steal viewers’ hearts once again. Completing the team is writer Yoo Jung-hee who has garnered attention for her solid writing.

The Flower of Evil is set to air in the second half of the year. Following the script read on February 21, the team will arrange shooting schedules and get the production off the ground to bring a quality drama to viewers.

Edited by chrisgm
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello all! I come here as soon as I read the news about script reading. Do we have other updates on the other actors or actresses cast for this drama already?

I want to see some pics and clips from the script reading but none so far :bawling:

• Like 5

Another silent lurker here :smiley:

So happy to see many people getting excited for JG oppa newest drama :wub:

Btw yesterday oppa updated his instagram

This is the second time he asked us openly in his instagram update to support and love and pray for this Flower of Evil drama (first time on IG update 20200124) 

We can see that from the caption he use reciprocal love emoji, first pic is him in praying hand mode and second pic is the pic of cake from fan with the Flower of Evil (hangul 악의 꽃) written on it . 

His update yesterday might also be related with corona virus outbreak in South Korea these past few days :cold_sweat:

2 hours ago, LilyLee said:

Hello all! I come here as soon as I read the news about script reading. Do we have other updates on the other actors or actresses cast for this drama already?

I want to see some pics and clips from the script reading but none so far :bawling:

No new update so far. Usually we didnt get the pictures/video of script reading on the same day but they will release it later. Also we still dont know who is other actors/actresses for this drama except those two main roles. And the academy who handle the audition for minor roles also cancelled the audition because of corona virus.:bawling:

I am afraid that we should wait longer until we can see another progress. But to be honest, I prefer for them to postpone everything right now. Safety  first. 

Let's pray and hope for positive answer :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

We can go to his instagram post to pen a comment of support.I think he has a lot to worry about in times like this.Shooting may be delayed and there's the infection risk involved in shooting at different locations all over Korea.I pray that the drama team will take extra precaution in ensuring the well being of the cast and the crew:heart:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1