[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

I'm seeing a lot these introvert excuse being use, that maybe it's her decision or what not, but let's be honest that a drama is a work decision that not only needs her own personal opinion being made and being considered. Is she her own boss to say no and they go with it? To me is just Namoo neglecting her.

She had her own photoshoot in her previous dramas, and if they give her costar behind the scenes photos (I don't even mention videos lol), when she is right there on his side, holding his wrist, but releases no picture it's kinda... Messed up. If this was the other way around, fans would feel the same way.

And by no means I'm ever criticizing JG, he has his own team and I don't expect them to work double just because they got casted together. This is all Namoo complete lack of support for Moon Chaewon, not from today, but from the beginning. 

Anyway, the way things are being handled just makes promotions even worst,

And by the way, 

The drama was pushed further to July 29.

20200702-100405.jpg

• Like 8
  • Sad 6

The way they are talking about the secret in the teaser. The "secret" better be shocking and well executed otherwise I am going to be hella mad :lol:

About Moon Chae Won's lack of promotion I also agree with it. After Princess's Man, Innocent Man and Good Doctor she could've easily become a top star but her agency never really pushed her and she lost her chance to other actresses. Lee Joongi is doing photoshoots interviews and she despite being the female lead is nowhere to be seen. I don't think being introvert is a good excuse or reason there are some actors who are introvert but still promote themselves and their dramas.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I don't think being introvert is a good excuse or reason there are some actors who are introvert but still promote themselves and their dramas.

Some actors just want to act and don't really want all the fame. Their passion is acting, becoming somebody else for a certain period of time. Look at Daniel Day Lewis, he is considered one of the best actors out there and is very well respected, but he has always lead a quiet life, the thing that promoted him was his talent. Him retiring is a great loss to the movie industry :tears:

I agree about promoting the shows though, an unfortunate thing that the movie actors that don't want all the limelight have to face is that this is a must.  

• Like 9

iam still crying right now i miss her so much and love her ,..moon chae won acting performance is not really a joke,..she give it 101%of her stunning acting performance with quality and giving more research or detail every role she play,...moon chae won is such an earnest actress like what lee joon gi said,....every time the way she answer the question about her character you will see her passion and deep of appreciation,..full of sense ,...love her so much,...moon chae won is such a fearless and strong actress who is not afraid to try kind hard genre she play,....versatile actress always ready to challenge herself,...love her so much...

for the namoo agency,..hoping they give lots of spotlight for our dearest moon chae won because she deserved more,...even she is such a very private person,...

my excitement righr now after seeing her active is so high,....i love you moon chae won...always be visible in my eyes.

more success for the flower of evil

fighting for the couple lee joon gi and moon chae won

fighting for the cast who also work hard

figthing for the director and writer for making this melo suspense such unique and beautiful cinemathography and for choosing the actors perfect match...

july flower of evil giving more success,..full of anticipation and excitement..

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Loving the 4th teaser AKA the first trailer lol. I guess now that the premiere's been rescheduled, I hope the FOE team uses this time to make this drama even better. :)anyway, here's the translation of the First Trailer article today.

-

“Flower of Evil”: First-ever Trailer Out, Deceiving Lee Joongi VS Doubting Moon Chaewon

(source – https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000835599)

tvN has released a trailer for its new Wed/Thurs drama “Flower of Evil,” giving us the first glimpse of detective Moon Chaewon (Cha Ji Won) who’s started to suspect her husband Lee Joongi (Baek Hee Sung). Above all, the trailer includes scenes of the two actors from the actual broadcast that will air, so their detailed performances convey the tension in the drama.

So now “Flower of Evil” has unveiled itself: it’s an intense emotional chase thriller about two people facing the truth they want to avoid. Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi) is a man who even fakes love, and his wife Cha Ji Won has started to doubt his identity.

In the trailer, Jiwon asks coldly: “How long did you think you could fool me?” Jiwon reflects on her happy memories with husband Heesung and daughter Eunha (Jeong Seoyeon), with her eyes and hands shaking. Her confusion literally shows itself as she confronts the shocking question: “What if the husband you’ve loved for 14 years is suspected of being a serial killer?”

But as if answering the question, Heesung says quietly: “I will not stop until the very end. If I lose what I have ‘now,’ then my life would be hell anyway.” His monolog suggests a dangerous turn their relationship will take, ramping up the tension. Viewers have already started guessing what exactly he is trying to hide and what he really means by “hell anyway.”

Also, Heesung’s tightly sealed lips, without showing his eyes, give off an entirely different atmosphere from the smile Heesung always shows his family.

Jiwon is urgently chasing after someone in her police car and Heesung looks his scarred self in the mirror without showing any emotion. The short scenes that flash by in 15 seconds make us curious about the story that “Flower of Evil” will bring into blossom.

The premiere of tvN’s new Wed/Thurs drama “Flower of Evil” has been rescheduled from July 22 to July 29.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are a couple of  Soompi articles:

Lee Joon Gi’s New Drama “Flower Of Evil” Pushes Back Premiere By 1 Week + Drops Suspenseful Teaser

Spoiler

57315c63e06c4227a2c95d5d9e236ef5.jpeg?s=

tvN’s upcoming drama “Flower of Evil” will be premiering one week later than originally planned!

“Flower of Evil” is a thriller starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to grow suspicious of her husband, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

tvN has now announced that the drama will be premiering on July 29 instead of July 22.

<article continues below>

Spoiler

“Flower of Evil” has also unveiled a tense new teaser that gives viewers their first glimpse of scenes from the actual drama. The clip begins with a distressed Cha Ji Won asking, “How long did you think you could go on fooling me?” As the detective frantically reassesses her marriage, watching a video of her seemingly loving husband playing with their daughter, the teaser’s captions ask, “The husband you’ve loved for 14 years… what if you began to suspect that he was a serial killer?”

Meanwhile, Baek Hee Sung declares, “I’m going to fool [them] until the very end. Because if I lose this now, my life will turn into hell anyway.” After a brief glimpse of Cha Ji Won chasing someone in a police car, the teaser ends with a shot of a wounded Baek Hee Sung staring at himself in the mirror.

“Flower of Evil” premieres on July 29 at 10:50 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki. In the meantime, check out the new teaser for the drama below!

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1410624wpp/lee-joon-gis-new-drama-flower-of-evil-pushes-back-premiere-by-1-week-drops-suspenseful-teaser

Watch: Lee Joon Gi Shares His Thoughts On “Flower Of Evil” During Poster Photo Shoot

Spoiler

9053c716a5764cb3aeb7ee57de0e1e21.jpeg?s=

Lee Joon Gi’s agency Namoo Actors has shared a behind-the-scenes video of the actor posing for the official poster of his upcoming drama “Flower of Evil.”

The drama will tell the story of Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi), a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to grow suspicious of him, and they find themselves standing in front of a truth they don’t wish to face.

<article continues below>

Spoiler

The video starts off with Lee Joon Gi greeting the camera with a friendly wave and smile. After a photo shoot session, Lee Joon Gi comes back to the making-of camera. The staff member asks whose blood is on his hand, and he replies, “Oh, that I can’t say, since it will give away clues! If you watch until the end, you’ll find out whose blood this is, what blood type it is, and more clues on this person.”

Lee Joon Gi seems cold on camera, but when he’s not filming, he’s playful and sweet to the cast and crew. He doesn’t forget about the making-of camera either and shoots smiles at it once in a while.

During a break, he explains, “I’m here for the poster photo shoot for our upcoming drama ‘Flower of Evil.’ It feels like it was only yesterday when we had our first shoot here. We’ve already been filming for two to three months, and it’s already time to shoot the posters. This whole thing somehow feels new to me.” Then he praises the crew members who have been helping him depict the mysterious and distinctive vibe of the drama.

Lee Joon Gi continues, “I am in awe by how the poster turned out, and I think this poster plays the role of intensifying people’s expectations for this drama. Just the thought of our drama premiering soon makes me feel nervous and excited at the same time. I’m doing my best, so please look forward to it.”

When asked what he’s going to eat after filming, he replies, “As you all know, I work so that I can drink beer! Like I always say, the biggest reason why I work is to go home, take a shower, and drink cold beer while reflecting on how I got through the day. That’s my happy hour. There’s no better dessert than watching movies or dramas while having beer.”

Watch the full making-of video with English subtitles below!

“Flower of Evil” will premiere on July 22 at 10:50 p.m. KST and be available on Viki. You can check out the drama posters here!

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1410430wpp/watch-lee-joon-gi-shares-his-thoughts-on-flower-of-evil-during-poster-photo-shoot

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Why the title ‘Lee Joon Gi’s new drama’? As far as I know there a male lead Lee Joon Gi and female lead Moon Chae Won. The female lead Moon Chae Won is not a rookie actress and everyone knows that she is a very good actress and has won many rewards already

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, chrisgm said:

In the trailer, Jiwon asks coldly: “How long did you think you could fool me?” Jiwon reflects on her happy memories with husband Heesung and daughter Eunha (Jeong Seoyeon), with her eyes and hands shaking. Her confusion literally shows itself as she confronts the shocking question: “What if the husband you’ve loved for 14 years is suspected of being a serial killer?”

Well she could be talking to anybody, they are not showing who she is addressing.Will they start with suspicions  early on in the drama I wonder, surely they'd need to establish a "happy family" first. 

But as if answering the question, Heesung says quietly: “I will not stop until the very end. If I lose what I have ‘now,’ then my life would be hell anyway.” His monolog suggests a dangerous turn their relationship will take, ramping up the tension. Viewers have already started guessing what exactly he is trying to hide and what he really means by “hell anyway.”

Edgy! What is he afraid of? Losing his family or is it his cover? Or both? Also "I will not stop until the very end" sounds dangerous and desperate, just how far will he go? 

They definitely know how to keep us excited! 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@LyraYoo Yes, I got surprised to have received a notification that myu_bless ig finally accepted my request as her follower. I already forgot when was the time I made that request. :bashful:

Eng Sub of 4th Teaser. Thanks to the Subber and tvN for the video.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Hi again.

I am reading silently all you write here and waiting for premiere of FOE.

I understand why MCW fans are so frustrated. It's really disaapointing how Namoo promo this drama. It's not a secret I am die fan of LJG, but I love Che Won too and follow her works. I noticed that during Mama Fairy Namoo posted once ot twice her photos in their naver blog while they post many times for their other actors. Even for me, as Joon Gi fan, this doesn't look good.

But... i really hope you won't chanels your fruatration to Joon Gi. He is not the one who publish Namoo post or write articles about FOE. 

Let's keep support both of our leads. Because i think the both are really great screen couple. Can't wait for their emotional performance. 

• Like 15
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, jazz85 said:

why other couple promote theyre drama with photoshoot together in one cover ,...while moon chae won and lee joon gi no photoshoot together ,..feeling sad,...but hoping and hoping

Because their chemistry will be soexplosive and will make us so crazy in love with them. 

I am waiting for their photoshoot since CM promotional time. But sadly... anything yet. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3