[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

i think beak hee sung is naturally a psychopath because maybe his father is also a psychopath that is why he dont feel empathy,...and i think the reason his married to cha ji won that last for 14 years is because he knew his wife love him deeply and baek hee sung also never let go his wife because he want her, ...he maybe dont feel emotion or doesnt feel inlove because of his inborn mental state or psychopath person,...but baek hee sung i think the meaning of feeling inlove for him is like doing or showing some action but not in emotion,....and the years theyre together as married couple baek hee sung trust his wife for sure so that theyve last,.....but suddenly his wife cha ji won unvieled the dark side of her husband past and lead the suspicious love relationship,...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

Also I wanted to add, after 14 years of marriage, Cha Ji Won didn't feel something was off about her husband? Woman's intuition?

What is even weirder to me is to think Cha Jiwon, if she have the same age as MCW, got married at 21 years old (Korean age) or 19 years old by standard age, lol. But probably their characters are same age...

And if they got married that young, that means she wasn't a detective back then.. She became one after marrying him? 

• Like 4

maybe,...all i want to see is how theyre ralationship developed back then that end up to married,their backstory together and mostly their kissing scene that iam waited,....hope theyre more kissing scene,...its really unfaired for us if theres no kissing scene,..i hope it passionate or intimate,....

im eagerly want to watch flower of evil,...i am so curious the flow of story and what the writer think,...by the way i will trust the writer...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

What is even weirder to me is to think Cha Jiwon, if she have the same age as MCW, got married at 21 years old (Korean age) or 19 years old by standard age, lol. But probably their characters are same age...

And if they got married that young, that means she wasn't a detective back then.. She became one after marrying him? 

This is true...maybe she's too in love, too blind to see? To marry a psychopath serial killer gives me chills :unsure:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bombshellchick1 said:

their kid is soo cute!

Also I wanted to add, after 14 years of marriage, Cha Ji Won didn't feel something was off about her husband? Woman's intuition?

Omg partyon, it is a lie! The whole relationship started from a lie! Will you even stay in a relationship if you found out your hubby is a psychopath serial killer, plus what about the daughter? I'll probably take her in a safe place where her dad can't find her! Do you think Baek Hee Sung will also kill Cha Ji Won or will it be like Mr. and Mrs. Smith scene where they try to kill each other then make up? Will their daughter be a psychopath too? So many possibilities!! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

i think its not a lie,..for me ...because baek hee sung is also inlove to his wife eventhough  he dont feel love emotion ,,..he physically attracted to her, and also her innocence charm and mostly she is also smart feminine woman,...and i think all he needs will give by his wife ...

cha ji won easily fall in love to bae hee sung because he is so charistmatic and intellegent..for sure

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jazz85 said:

i think its not a lie,..for me ...because baek hee sung is also inlove to his wife eventhough  he dont feel love emotion ,,..he physically attracted to her, and also her innocence charm and mostly she is also smart feminine woman,...and i think all he needs will give by his wife ...

cha ji won easily fall in love to bae hee sung because he is so charistmatic and intellegent..for sure

I hope you are right :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

i need the trailer of drama,..i really miss moon chae won acting...

figthing fighting fighting!!!!!!! hoping for more success,..flower of evil fighting,...please july come faster:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: hoping lee joon gi and moon chae won get lots of buzz by july premier...

Screenshot-20200522-224852-1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

On 5/20/2020 at 9:26 PM, hazelyeot said:

I think she will depict a detective who is the same age as the ML in the drama, meaning that she is a bit older than in real life?

On 5/21/2020 at 3:00 AM, bombshellchick1 said:

Omg partyon, it is a lie! The whole relationship started from a lie! Will you even stay in a relationship if you found out your hubby is a psychopath serial killer, plus what about the daughter? I'll probably take her in a safe place where her dad can't find her! Do you think Baek Hee Sung will also kill Cha Ji Won or will it be like Mr. and Mrs. Smith scene where they try to kill each other then make up? Will their daughter be a psychopath too? So many possibilities!! :sweatingbullets:

So many questions, so many possible answers. :D Not sure, but I am looking forward to the chilling scenes where the audience will constantly be questioning Baek Hee Sung's intentions - are they good or evil?

We don't know yet for sure if he is a psychopath - we just know that he is able to swing between coldness / no emotion to love / warmth. It doesn't mean that you're a psychopath automatically if you are able to close off all of your emotions.

There are people who have so much trauma from the past (e.g. post traumatic stress disorder) that they may have periods or times when they go totally numb from emotions. It's a way for them to cope from the stress of the past.

Other people may interpret the person as being very cold because feelings of empathy also disappear.

Or maybe the guy has multiple personalities - also generated from major trauma? That would also explain the mood swings.

In any case, we won't know until we get more character descriptions. :)

On 5/21/2020 at 4:29 PM, jazz85 said:

Again, I am not sure that we yet know that he isn't able to feel love as an emotion? It was stated in an article that he loves his wife.

Even if he were a psychopath, it is a well known fact that psychopaths can also feel love.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Sushimi said:

*patpat*..Kdrama logic...It’s alright. :joy: But anyways...sometimes people fall in love till the point of flaws are overlooked?

That..”Welcome back to Season 2: Thorn Of Evil coming near you!”:joy:

S2: Thorn of evil...awesome!! 

@Jillia I hope you feel better soon! :kiss_wink:

This drama has such an interesting story, it's hard not to want to speculate on the premises, characters and their backgrounds. :grin: There hasn't been much information yet, but hopefully they will start releasing more stuff about the characters and plot soon. I am definitely waiting for the first teaser to come out. I am so glad that they have these talented characters onboard - hopefully the plot will be great as well. :smile:

• Like 5

everyday i always visit this thread cause i am happy reading all your opinions,.it gives me so much excitement ,..:):) 

are they still filming? or doing some  photoshoot  :):)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hi, all. now that we have a bit more casting news, here's a roundup of the supporting cast articles:

-

Kim Ji-hoon

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003571933

tvN’s upcoming Wed-Thur drama “Flower of Evil” is a dense, emotional chase thriller about two people facing the uncomfortable truth, Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi) with a brutal past and a false identity and Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon), his homicide detective wife who investigates his past.

In it, Kim Ji-hoon is set to deliver an impactful performance as a mysterious character.

According to Kim, “The script is really intriguing and engrossing, so I chose to do it without hesitation. The character I’m playing is also different from the image I’ve had, so I thought I’d deliver a completely new performance. I’m working hard to show a character that you’ve never seen before. I will do my best with the director, writer, my fellow actors, and all the staff to make a great drama.”

Son Jong-hak

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=215&aid=0000873066

Son Jong-hak plays Baek Man Woo, father of Baek Hee Sung and CEO of a university hospital. He will do anything for his family and show a strong sense of responsibility and devotion to his son. The actor is expected to make the drama even richer with a nuanced, powerful portrayal of Baek Man Woo.

Cho Kyung-sook

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0001149860

Cho Kyung-sook plays the mother of Cha Ji Won, a homicide detective played by Moon Chaewon, and also performs opposite her son-in-law in the drama, Lee Joongi. As Young-ok, Cho is expected to hold small screen viewers’ attention with her masterful, human performance in “Flower of Evil.”

Lim Na-young

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0001148428

In tvN’s upcoming drama “Flower of Evil,” a dense, emotional chase thriller about two people facing the uncomfortable truth—Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi), a man who’s even faked love, and his wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon) who has started suspecting his identity. In it, Lim Na-young plays the younger version of Do Hae Soo played by Jang Heejin.

As the daughter of a serial killer who’s borne the brunt of her family’s terrible past, Lim Na-young is expected to enrich Do Hae Soo’s story.

Jung Taek-hyun

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000822756

Jung Tae-hyun plays the younger version of Moo Jin (Seo Hyunwoo) in tvN’s upcoming drama “Flower of Evil.”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Flower of Evil” is a dense, emotional chase thriller about two people facing the uncomfortable truth they want to avoid—Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi), a man who’s even faked love, and his wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon) who has started suspecting his identity. It is set to premiere in July.

Choi Byung-mo

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000279124

tvN’s upcoming drama “Flower of Evil” is a dense, emotional chase thriller about two people facing the uncomfortable truth they want to avoid—Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi), a man who’s even faked love, and his wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon) who has started suspecting his identity.

In it, Choi Byung-mo plays a crucial character who will ratchet up the tension of the drama.

Anticipation mounts for the drama with the news of Choi joining the cast, who’s played diverse characters with his nuanced, rich emotional acting skills.

Viewers are curious what kind of chemistry Choi will show with Lee Joongi in this unique genre of suspense melodrama.

Kim Soo-oh

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003299878

In tvN’s upcoming drama “Flower of Evil,” a dense, emotional chase thriller about two people facing the uncomfortable truth they want to avoid—Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi), a man who’s even faked love, and his wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon) who has started suspecting his identity, Kim Soo-oh plays Im Ho Joon, the youngest member of the homicide investigation team and partner of Cha Ji Won. Im Ho Joon is an easygoing, cheerful, and sometimes shrewd character that grows by working with his senior Ji Won.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 3

Moon Chae Won's new fancam... so happy to see her laid down her hair. Hope she let her hair grow longer. :wub:

... I wonder who she was talking to at that scene?

Some comments under the next ig post of supporting cast... 

So complicated story and so attractive BHS is adopted child? So he had an unhappy childhood? And so he became psychopath?... wow I’ve so many questions about BHS Can’t wait to July

Looks like Heesung was adopted, but Haesoo didn't have the same luck I'm questing a lot of he is really a serial killer or if he was just hiding his past out of shame for his dad's doing. But if he is really one, having an adoptive father who runs an hospital is the best thing... He can easily hide a person's death

This project would have a completely comfortable atmosphere for JG with all these reunions Good since this is his comeback project after all I wonder how the BTS would be like? I hope this comfortable atmosphere created by working with so many familiar people helps him work to create a more immersive performance and drama as a whole. P. S. Also to have a reunion and work with an actual friend from real life, Kim Ji Hoon, should be interesting. They're friends but never worked together before as far as I know. He was with JG during his military days and they were both at Mithra's wedding. JG even posted a photo of them on his insta. How they're gonna work together and their dynamic should be interesting to say the least

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I read that this drama was a “melodrama disguised as a suspense thriller” and it really does make it super interesting to see what and how the main characters are and will do....happy to know we have lots of exciting shows coming this summer 

• Like 10