[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

its alright for me if they push back  as long its july,..we are getting closer ,.and i think this coming june there is more exciting  update for lee joon gi and moon chae won appeared just need to wait patiently:D

• Like 5

Oh, this was pushed back... no wonder the other tvn drama that I've been anticipating for August 26 got pushed back to September... nonetheless, the 2 dramas that I've been excitedly looking forward to are back to back for Wed-Thu tvn timeslot. I wish for their safety amidst the threat of covid pandemic. :wub: 

PS:   I'm excited to see Lee Jun Ki then afterwards Lee Dong Wook (I first saw them in My Girl). And they're paired up with my favorite actresses Moon Chae Won and Jo Bo Ah... Giving me double excitement. :P 

Edited by beyaruth
Added reason for my anticipation and excitement on this drama
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Can't wait to have some official information, we been waiting for so long for anything... But June is coming and we will soon see more updates, I hope. 

If it was really pushed two more weeks ahead, I wonder what they are going to do with the two weeks gap between them and the previous drama, Oh My Baby... Special episode of FOE?? Drama Special? 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

FINALLY SCRIPT READING ARTICLE AND PHOTOS! can't wait to see the video too.

Here's my translation of the script read article. I'm loving the tagline "What if your husband of 14 years turns out to be a coldblooded serial killer?" LOL

-

“Flower of Evil”: Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon’s script reading switching between melodrama and tension … set to premiere in July

tvN’s upcoming Wed-Thurs drama “Flower of Evil” released photos of the script reading where Lee Joongi, Moon Chaewon, Jang Heejin, and Seo Hyunwoo showed their passionate performances, along with a full cast that raises our expectations.

“What if your husband you have loved for the past 14 years is a coldblooded serial killer?” With this shocking premise begins tvN’s new Wed-Thurs drama “Flower of Evil” (director Kim Chul-kyu, writer Yoo Jung-hee, producers Studio Dragon and Monster Union), which is a densely layered cat-and-mouse chase drama about two people who find themselves facing the truth they don’t want to see – Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi), a man who changed his identity and hides his violent past, and Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon), his homicide detective wife who investigates his past.

At the script reading that marked the beginning of the drama were director Kim Chul-kyu, who has proven top-notch directing in both melodrama and thriller, writer Yoo Jung-hee, who has garnered attention for her solid writing, and the reliable main cast who will surely double the duo’s synergy: Lee Joongi (Baek Hee Sung), Moon Chaewon (Cha Ji Won), Jang Heejin (Do Hae Soo), and Seo Hyunwoo (Kim Moo Jin).

In the drama, Lee Joongi plays Baek Hee Sung, who hides his secret that’s about to explode like a ticking bomb and has even pretended to love his wife. Lee brings to perfection the tense-filled walk on the tightrope between the two extremes of coldness and warmth. Moon Chaewon plays Cha Ji Won’s two sides of loving wife and charismatic homicide detective, promising to show a performance we’ve never seen in her. Above all, their heavily melodramatic chemistry as a married couple set the script reading room on fire, while their detailed performances as their characters’ suspicions about each other grow filled the room with tension.

Reliable actor Jang Heejin also completely disappeared into Do Hae Soo, a serial killer’s daughter who has lived with her terrible family history, making the drama more engrossing. Seo Hyunhoo, who has worked in both film and drama, plays Kim Moon Jin, a scoop-hungry weekly reporter, breathing life into the drama with his rhythmic line delivery and perfect chemistry with Lee Joongi.

As anticipation grows for the four actors’ ensemble in “Flower of Evil,” the cast is also being joined by other veteran actors including versatile actor Kim Jihoon, Choi Byungmo, Son Jonghak, Nam Kiae, and Yoon Byunghee. It has been said that the production team will add more impactful characters well into the midpoint of the drama, hoping to maintain tension throughout.

Also, Im Chulhyung, Choi Daehoon, Choi Youngjoon, and Kim Sooho will play homicide detectives, joined by Cho Kyungsook, Yang Haejin, Im Nayoung, and finally, child actor Jung Seoyeon who will play a cute daughter for couple Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon. The solid cast that has been completed with these brilliant actors will bring vitality to the drama, raising viewer expectations.

tvN’s upcoming Wed-Thurs drama “Flower of Evil” promises to show a flawless synergy of “director-writer-cast,” with Lee Joongi, Moon Chaewon, Jang Heejin, and Seo Hyunwoo. The drama is set to premiere in July.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 4

This drama sounds really thrilling. I might have to put it on my watchlist. :)

Link to Koala's Playground article about the script reading.

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/05/18/lee-jun-ki-and-moon-chae-won-lead-script-reading-for-summer-2020-tvn-drama-flower-of-evil/

Like Ms. Koala I am also intrigued in knowing whether the character played by Lee Joon Gi is a former bad guy who has tried to reform himself, or if he truly is "evil". The Naver article stated that he "even pretended to love his wife".

Let's see....

In any case, I think Lee Joon Gi is great in action dramas and Moon Chae Won is no wilting wallflower either, so I look forward to the first episode!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

The Soompi article below sheds a bit more light on the relationship between the married couple:

"The relationship between them will be like walking on a tightrope, as they love each other but can’t help but be suspicious of one another."

So, maybe the Naver article + TVN stills allude to the fact he faked his love for her in the beginning in order to marry her and escape his sordid past? Marrying a police officer would be a good cover for him, so he faked his feelings for her to snare her into marriage. As the years passed he fell in love with her?

Ooh, I am so intrigued. :D This is definitely on my watchlist now. :D 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lee Joon Gi, Moon Chae Won, And More Gather For Script Reading Of Upcoming tvN Thriller

tvN’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Flower of Evil” has shared photos from its thrilling script reading!

“Flower of Evil” is based on the chilling question, “What if the husband I’ve loved for 14 years is actually a stone-cold serial killer?” The script reading was attended by producing director (PD) Kim Chul Gyu, screenwriter Yoo Jung Hee, and actors including Lee Joon Gi, Moon Chae Won, Jang Hee Jin, and Seo Hyun Woo.

Lee Joon Gi said, “I hope this will be a drama that remains in the minds of viewers for a long time,” and Moon Chae Won said, “I’m excited to be a part of such a great drama, and I will do my best.” The atmosphere was light as the actors all exchanged greetings, but as soon as the script reading started, things completely changed as each actor became immersed in their characters.

Flower-of-Evil.jpg

Lee Joon Gi takes on the role of Baek Hee Sung, who has changed his identity after concealing his past, while Moon Chae Won plays his wife Cha Ji Won, a detective who is chasing after his past. The relationship between them will be like walking on a tightrope, as they love each other but can’t help but be suspicious of one another. Meanwhile, Jang Hee Jin will be Do Hae Soo, the daughter of a serial killer who must contend with her horrifying family past on her own, and Seo Hyun Woo will play reporter Kim Mu Jin.

Joining the four leads will be a talented ensemble cast that includes Kim Ji Hoon, Choi Byung Mo, Son Jong Hak, Nam Gi Ae, Yoon Byung Hee, Im Chul Hyung, Choi Dae Hoon, Choi Young Joon, Kim Soo Oh, Jo Kyung Sook, Yang Hye Jin, Im Na Young, and child actress Jung Seo Yeon.

“Flower of Evil” is set to premiere this July and will be available on Viki!

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1401003wpp/lee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-and-more-gather-for-script-reading-of-upcoming-tvn-thriller

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

i love what you said ,..baek hee sung fake love married his wife cha ji won to conceal his evil side but as a years passed he fall inlove to his wife,..hoping thats the outcome of story....

all the lead cast, team ,director and writer are full force to make this heavy drama full package,...i am more surprised by their visual appearance theyre  both appeared strong and happy

fighting!!!!!!!:) "flower of evil" lets us make this drama be successful.

Screenshot-20200519-142001-1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

@Sushimi @Jillia @triplem Dramabeans had an article about Flower of Evil a couple of days ago. I have a feeling that this drama will cause many viewers to have emotional roller coasters while watching it. The wife will have to face serious doubts whether her husband ever loved her and try to come to grips that their relationship might all be based on a lie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tvN’s Flower of Evil holds first script reading with Lee Jun-ki, Moon Chae-won

tvN’s upcoming Flower of Evil recently held their first script reading and stills have now been released. Lead actors, Lee Jun-ki (Lawless Attorney), Moon Chae-won (Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter), Jang Hee-jin (Babel), and Seo Hyun-woo (The Lies Within) were present at the reading along with members of the supporting cast and the production team.

The story is based around the question of what if you suddenly suspected your loving husband of 14 years to be a cold-blooded serial killer? And it follows the wife as she grapples with what is true, whether her husband’s love was just an act, and what to make of who he really is.

Lee Jun-ki plays the suspicious husband, Baek Hee-sung. As his wife eventually discovers, however, his name is not his birthname. He changed his name before he met his wife in order to conceal his terrible past.

Playing his wife is Moon Chae-won, whose character’s name is Cha Ji-won. Loving and charismatic, she works as a police detective in the violent crimes unit.

Jang Hee-jin takes on the role of Do Hae-soo, who has had a troubled and lonely life as the daughter of a serial murderer.

And Seo Hyun-woo plays a journalist named Kim Moo-jin. Although determined and persistent, he has a tendency to become blinded by his desire to catch the exclusives and breaking news stories of the day.

Supporting cast who were also present at the reading included Nam Ki-ae (I’ll Find You on a Beautiful Day), Choi Dae-hoon (Crash Landing on You), and Choi Byung-mo (Money Game) among others.

Writing for the drama is rookie writer, Yoo Jung-hee (Naked Fireman). And directing will be done by PD Kim Chul-gyu (Mother) who has an interesting filmography which includes On the Way to the Airport, My Beautiful Bride, and Hwang Jin-yi.

Flower of Evil is currently set to premiere in July and will be airing Wednesdays and Thursdays on tvN.

source:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/05/tvns-flower-of-evil-holds-first-script-reading-with-lee-jun-ki-moon-chae-won/

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

So they tell us immediately that he is actually a serial killer haha okay. I wonder what is installed for this story! This is exciting!

The article states that the wife suspects him of being a serial killer, but I guess we won't know for sure until the end of the drama... I think the premise and story is interesting, and I think it will be quite nerve wracking for us viewers as we will also have doubts and suspicions whether he is a serial killer or not.

We know he has hid his identity, that he has a sordid past and that he can be very cold-blooded emotionally. We also know that he is quite content being a husband and father in the present moment.

If this story is done right, I think it will raise interesting questions and themes in the audience like e.g.:

• What is the definition of evil?
  • Can an evil person love someone? (e.g. psychopath)
  • Can an evil person be reformed?
  • Do I have the right to love someone who wasn't a good person in the past?
  • Was our whole relationship a lie, if it started out as lie in the beginning?
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

@Sushimi @partyon

Another thing that is interesting about this story is that is not only about them, they have a young daughter... We just had a good drama that portrait the turmoil of a child between their parents with The World of The Married, and I'm curious about how this writer will include their daughter in the story... She still pretty young, and I wonder how she can be affected by their uncertainty. 

Couple months ago Moon Chaewon shared a movie that made thing about this actually, Wild Life. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:13 AM, hazelyeot said:

More pics~

On 5/18/2020 at 8:21 AM, LyraYoo said:

The child actress who will play the cute daughter 

From Naver blog in march , this could be her current look : 

she is like a fusion of joon gi and chae won haha

their kid is soo cute!

10 hours ago, partyon said:

The article states that the wife suspects him of being a serial killer, but I guess we won't know for sure until the end of the drama... I think the premise and story is interesting, and I think it will be quite nerve wracking for us viewers as we will also have doubts and suspicions whether he is a serial killer or not.

We know he has hid his identity, that he has a sordid past and that he can be very cold-blooded emotionally. We also know that he is quite content being a husband and father in the present moment.

If this story is done right, I think it will raise interesting questions and themes in the audience like e.g.:

• What is the definition of evil?
  • Can an evil person love someone? (e.g. psychopath)
  • Can an evil person be reformed?
  • Do I have the right to love someone who wasn't a good person in the past?
  • Was our whole relationship a lie, if it started out as lie in the beginning?

Also I wanted to add, after 14 years of marriage, Cha Ji Won didn't feel something was off about her husband? Woman's intuition?

• Like 4