LyraYoo

[Upcoming Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil 악의 꽃 - LEE JOON GI | MOON CHAE WON - July 29, 2020

Can't believe I'm actually soompi-ing again. But hi everybody :lol:

• Like 12
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, zi4r said:

Can't believe I'm actually soompi-ing again. But hi everybody :lol:

Welcome back ! Let's have a fun ride once again ! :)

Image result for lee joon gi moon chae won gif

• Like 7
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

Working together again! Good stuff.

You know, I've been wondering all year when and if LJG was making another drama any time soon. Lo and behold...

What an interesting premise. Sounds like a fantastic role for LJG.

Thanks @LyraYoo

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Oh my the plot looks interesting but i believe that  it will be an angst fest :lol: where the romance is concern . So what’s the genre ? Melodrama? 
The year is shaping up nicely! 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Oh my the plot looks interesting but i believe that  it will be an angst fest :lol: where the romance is concern . So what’s the genre ? Melodrama? 
The year is shaping up nicely! 

It's promoted as a thriller from what I understand. :D

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

OMG:scream:. Best news ever:thumbsup:. LJG with a psychopath role, I'm in.  The plot is absolutely interesting and I love it. I always wanted this type of plot lol:sweat_smile::mrgreen:. Call me crazy but....:rolleyes:

@triplem Romance will be out of the window unless Psycho husband falls for his wife everytime she tries to screw him up and he gets the thrill from it:lol:. But I have to say, she is gonna be in a tough position considering the fact that a child is involved in this mess. One thing is for sure, this won't end well....

(PS: I assumed you were into thrillers and crime shows lol:sweatingbullets:. Looks like romance is your main genre if I'm not mistaken.......)

A lot of good shows are airing in summer. This in June, SF2 in July and others.

I see a lot of Chingus here:w00t:. This thread will be fun:love:.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

here is some more character info from soompi article :) 

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won Confirmed As Leads For Upcoming tvN Thriller

Jan 14, 2020
by S. Cho

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won are gearing up to return to the small screen!

On January 14, Ilgan Sports reported, “Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won have been confirmed as the male and female leads of tvN’s new drama ‘Flower of Evil’ (literal title).”

Their agency Namoo Actors later confirmed, “It is true that Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won have been cast in the drama ‘Flower of Evil.'”

“Flower of Evil” is a suspenseful drama about a psychopath who changes his identity to conceal his cruel past and his homicide detective wife who tries to track down the truth. This thriller will draw the extremes of this couple, from their harmonious family life to crime scenes.

Lee Joon Gi will play Baek Hee Sung, a metal craftsman. Through his metal craft studio, he makes enough money to provide for his wife and daughter and show his dedication as an exemplary husband and father. He’s comfortable with housework and childcare and is a man with no greed, being satisfied with what he already has. However, he has no emotions including happiness, sadness, respect, admiration, sympathy, empathy, guilt, or consideration.

Moon Chae Won will play his wife, a homicide detective named Cha Ji Won. Although her petite stature and childlike facial expressions may raise questions as to whether she can handle aggressive crimes, her curious personality gives her more exhilaration than fear when placed in dangerous situations. The excitement she receives from solving crimes gives her high satisfaction with her career.

The drama will be directed by PD Kim Chul Gyu, who worked on “On the Way to the Airport,” “Chicago Typewriter,” and “Mother,” and is written by screenwriter Yoo Jung Hee who wrote “Naked Fireman.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1376938wpp/lee-joon-gi-and-moon-chae-won-confirmed-as-leads-for-upcoming-tvn-thriller

• Like 9
  • Thanks 6

It's great to see so many recognizable names in a Lee Joon Gi drama thread again!  It seems like it has been FOREVER though. 

Does anybody have insight into the director and writer?  Reading the synopsis from different articles <<and because it's what I am watching lately>>..I am wondering if this "thriller" will have YOU (NetFlix) type vibes. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

It's great to see so many recognizable names in a Lee Joon Gi drama thread again!  It seems like it has been FOREVER though. 

Does anybody have insight into the director and writer?  Reading the synopsis from different articles <<and because it's what I am watching lately>>..I am wondering if this "thriller" will have YOU (NetFlix) type vibes.

The writer is fairly unknown to me. Wrote a couple drama specials and one normal-long drama called "Naked Firemen" which I know nothing about.

The director did dramas like "Chicago Typewriter". I know him from dramas like "Hwang Jin Yi" or his recent work "Mother" which was amazing. :D

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

First, I really like that Lee Joon Gi has a different role than the other roles he played so far. It is interesting that the main characters are together and apparently everything works for them but there are signs that things are not what they seems.

The heroine starts to dig / investigate her husband to find out who he really is. The premise is interestisting, the genre I like, the cast is good, Joon Gi has a different role. For me is more important the writer than the director. I know some newbie writers who made a pleasant surprise so I don`t worry. All is good.

The only thing that is a minus for me, is that the protagonist is a phychopath. What is with this fascination of kdramas lately with phychopaths? Made the protagonist a phychopath? I don`t really like to see this kind of characters because they don`t have human emotions. They doesn`t have something interesting to explore, to understand them. It would have been more interesting for me if the character had psychopathic tendencies, maybe he never murder anyone (because not all this kind of people are serial killers) or if the protagonist made mistakes in the past and it is hiding a big secret.

But we don`t know yet what the writer had in mind. Maybe she will surprise me. But I salute that the plot is something different from the other kdramas in the same genre.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

Hello, everyone :D 

And yesss, this drama sounds interesting, and like @pixelsticks said, it's giving me a lot "You" vibe, a show I've been obsessed about.

Having a psychopath as lead can give so much to work with... I'm really curious as of what way we will see the story.

Like... if he left his old life behind and married a detective out of thrill, if he will ever get caught, the thrill of misleading her all these years. Huhu, I like this.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

Gonna be interesting to see why he did hide his identity. But that part about being satisfied about his life being husband and father make me think he in his own way like his wife and daughter. I also do not think bringing a kid in the picture is right if they making him a murder. beside frankly it would be kinda cliche way of talking about psychopath. Reading that violence is not always a part of their nature.

eve so an Interesting though; "Martens notes that the more a psychopath feels socially isolated, sad, and alone, the higher his or her risk for violence and impulsive and/or reckless behavior." 

So i feel what his family bringe is stability into his life. But his past could be scary even if he is not a murder.  he could have a reckless past being manipulator and done other crime. I hope writer can bring something new into the table about psychopath than what tv and movies usually portray them. well this is just my first impression and thoughts about the plot so far. :) 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I've been patiently waiting for another drama series from my bias MCW for too long. So glad for this confirmed project after knowing about her hiatus. The roles just fit them right. This thread woke up a lot of us here. I hope for a good script and a good production. Thanks everyone! :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Finally something to look forward to it :relaxed:

LJG can play any role get my interest, but I am excited for Him to play psycho husband :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

@sal2 True. I don't want him to be a serial killer or something because that's cliche. From the description, the husband is somehow normal except the fact that he is living with another person's identity, has a hidden past and can't feel emotions. I mean he has a job, is looking after his own daughter and has no problem helping with the house work. His wife is a detective so she is probably not at home always. If he is satisfied with his life, then his wife digging up his past will cause a lot of problems and won't end well for anyone. It's like waking up a sleeping tiger lol.... But then again, that's what we are here for:sweatingbullets::lol:

@Ameera Ali Welcome:D.

• Like 8
  • Love 3