[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

1 hour ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Am I only one who actually wants him to to be a cruel psychopath? :mellow: I think him being innocent and misunderstood will be little bit less interesting. It's not very common in Kdramas for the male leads in melodramas to be dark. I hope that he actually used to kill people but stopped due to some reason (maybe related to Cha Jiwon *romantic me* :lol:) and started to live like a normal person.

I don't why I have this weird obsession with male leads who are bad and ruthless but is very gentle and sweet to the female lead :lol:

Honestly, I think that would be a little weird. I hope the show doesn’t end up romanticising serial killers. But my guess is that he isn’t a killer but just a psychopath with restricted emotions and he is just learning and pretending how to care for his family. So the whole family image is just a front. Suspicions naturally arise because he is related to the real serial killer (his father) and when people find out his mental condition. I feel like the drama will eventually discuss about how do you define a “good” or “bad” person and maybe shed light on how it’s difficult to judge anyone by their mental condition on paper. 

Just my guesses though! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

19 minutes ago, jen120 said:

Honestly, I think that would be a little weird. I hope the show doesn’t end up romanticising serial killers.

Same here.  If he's an evil cruel serial killer, I'm out no matter how much I want to see LJG in a new role.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I don't why I have this weird obsession with male leads who are bad and ruthless but is very gentle and sweet to the female lead :lol:

There is nothing wrong with liking what you like in fiction, doesn't hurt anybody.

I kinda like this too, but not when a guy is completely evil, but when he is capable of doing evil things and might have done some things of the sort. I think 'conflicted' and in love is my favourite type of ML. I guess I just like dark romance stories.

This is tagged as romance as well as suspense, a thriller and a melodrama. I am holding my fingers crossed that the romance in this drama is quite prominent. I'm also looking forward to watching a new drama with LJG :D

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jen120 said:

Honestly, I think that would be a little weird. I hope the show doesn’t end up romanticising serial killers. But my guess is that he isn’t a killer but just a psychopath with restricted emotions and he is just learning and pretending how to care for his family. So the whole family image is just a front. Suspicions naturally arise because he is related to the real serial killer (his father) and when people find out his mental condition. I feel like the drama will eventually discuss about how do you define a “good” or “bad” person and maybe shed light on how it’s difficult to judge anyone by their mental condition on paper. 

Just my guesses though! 

I didn't think about "romanticising serial killers" part at all. Right that's problematic. Your guess is also good about not judging someone's character because of their mental condition. Maybe they will show his adoptive father as a very friendly warm person who commits murder and Baek Hee Sung as someone who is not social and have psychopathic characteristics. They might prove that not every seemingly good person is good and not every seemingly bad person is bad.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I didn't think about "romanticising serial killers" part at all. Right that's problematic.

I love "Byronic heroes"--you know, the wounded broody type. This has NOT been a good thing  in real life, trust me--much pain and not worth it--but in fiction, it's all good.  So, if LJG's character is like that, I'm in--fictional brooding, damage, and angst can make for great dramas.  But I'm kinda feeling anti-any-kind-of-violence these days, so I really do not want to see him aggrandized as a serial killer.

• Like 6

@thistle I am the same. There is a line for me as well. Psychopathic characteristics is one thing but being a serial killer is totally another. I am very excited for this drama as a fan of both LJK and MCW but I will drop it too if they go with romanticism route.

oh the first poster is intense!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

0000826050_001_20200603090806759.jpg?typ

YAYYYY POSTERSSSS love both versions - Melodrama & Suspense!

I'm here dropping my translation of the main poster article. CANNOT WAIT

Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon’s ‘melo-pense’(melodrama + suspense) “Flower of Evil” main posters out

tvN has released two main posters for “Flower of Evil,” its upcoming Wed-Thur drama switching between melodrama and suspense.

Set to premiere in July, tvN’s “Flower of Evil” is an intense emotional chase thriller about two people facing the truth they want to avoid, Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joongi) who’s faked everything including love and Cha Ji Won (Moon Chaewon) who’s started to suspect his identity.

The production behind-the-scenes released earlier gave us a sneak peek of director Kim Chul-kyu boasting the script’s originality and the fantastic teamwork of the cast, promising a well-made drama. The two main posters released today (June 3) catch our attention with two completely different visuals.

The first Melodrama version shows the backlit silhouettes of Lee Joongi (Baek Hee Sung) and Moon Chaewon (Cha Ji Won) looking affectionately at each other in the warm sunlight. While their facial expressions hidden in the shadow pique our curiosity, their hands caressing each other naturally as a loving couple of 14 years are filled with longing and affection, making us look forward to an intense melodrama.

The Suspense version, however, reveals the things hidden in the dark, capturing the two in a completely different atmosphere. Blood stains on Baek Hee Sung’s arm and uniform and the red police light illuminating the couple increase tension, while the hands that seemed to caress each other now look like grabbing each other’s necks, giving off a dangerous vibe.

Baek Hee Sung as a “man who fakes love” turns cold as if he’s been caught red-handed and Cha Ji Won as a “woman who even loves the danger” stares at him looking shaken. It makes us feel the tension between the two, who end up facing the truth hidden behind complete trust.

Viewers are waiting to see what kind of unpredictable story these two people will tell us in “Flower of Evil,” which raises a shocking question: “What if your husband you’ve loved for 14 years is suspected of being a serial killer?”

Flower of Evil is premiering in July.

0000826050_003_20200603090806860.jpg?typ

0000826050_002_20200603090806803.jpg?typ

• Like 4
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 1

These posters looks reeeally good. Wasn't expecting to get a poster this soon I'm always being surprised lol 

There's two things in the article @chrisgm posted that caught my attention: The red police light (didn't even thought that was a police light), and Jiwon being once again described as someone who loves danger...

As much as I keep thinking Heesung isn't a serial killer, maybe he is? Maybe she will stay quiet, lying and pretending that everything is normal to him, till she gets all information she needs? Is that the "danger"? To live with him knowing/being suspicious of who he really is? 

So much guessing :tears: Can't wait to finally watch this and have some answers...

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

wow the poster couple are so intense,..this poster really atrract my curiousity,..their chemistry are explosive i hope this two together in one photoshoot and also i need the trailer ..B)iam so excited...let get ready to love and to cry because flower of evil is full of emotion between this loving couple,....i hope the writer give justice to story between this married couple,...honestly iam so intrigued til now ,...my mind twisted because iam confused i have no idea what will happen,...and thats great because this story is unique lots of viewer anticipated this melodrama  flower of evil,...the lead couple are totaly perfect for the role,...stunning .....i will watch it more,...iam so excited to see this two together appeared....

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I wish the write-up didnt say, pretend* to love...as if their whole 13 years together was based on lies, including their love..... i hope LJK's character did love MCW's character but of course, we will have to find out in 16 episodes on why he bacame a killer  :D

• Like 12

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

I wish the write-up didnt say, pretend* to love...as if their whole 13 years together was based on lies, including their love..... i hope LJK's character did love MCW's character but of course, we will have to find out in 16 episodes on why he bacame a killer  :D

Yes the whole 'fake love' sounds bad. Especially since they have spent so many years together. Not too mention that it might make it very dissatisfying for anyone who needs a bit of romance in any drama they watch :P

I love the posters, plenty of emotions there, even if they do look destructive.  

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

19 hours ago, jen120 said:

Just my guesses though! 

I wanna see a bad boy too :D

• Like 4

o.m.g...iam totaly crazy looking at their poster ,...their stare are the best,..im so speechless and feeling excited ,...evry time theres latest update it really surprise me to the point that i cant go to sleep,..just wanting to watch the again and again like the poster,the bts,..and what more if there is a photoshoot for this couple ,definetly iam getting crazy ,..i love the theme of their genre ,..melodrama - suspense ..verry interesting and it give so much feels, ....lee joon gi and moon chae won acting performance deserve to recieve this such unique story plot ...because they are versatile and passionate in acting performance giving 101% for the character they play,...theyre both excellent when it comes to emotion...and make the story believable that can excess,....seeing them again in this kind of romance chilling drama makes me satisfied,..right now im still surprise after this two taking a break from acting for 2 years and finally back in drama land are really on fire....its melodrama,...and that my favorate genre,...explosived couple fighting,...hoping more buzzing for flower of evil this month...and continue to shine til the end,....

Screenshot-20200603-231625-1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I haven’t watched many k dramas , mostly JGs. And have only met MCW in Criminal Minds- unfortunately For me she didn’t make much of an impression there  due to the drama but even so , undoubtedly there was some kind of chemistry between her and JG. So in the past few weeks I watched Princess Man to get acquainted with her .  And I Do like her ! and kept think only if the male lead was JG:rolleyes:

looking forward to their acting , their chemistry, the intriguing plot, bts, everything Really!

And actually  hope to see them in a historical drama together in future!

• Like 9

21 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

He can b a bad boy, who still loves his wife dearly, right..... we have to know why he kills and, if he is really the one....

You could be right :)

Anyway, Lee Joon Gi has a good technique and exceptional talent, all the qualities a great actor need to create a powerful connection between him and the audience

• Like 7
  • Love 2