[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

On 9/2/2020 at 11:18 PM, jeonghyang said:
On 9/2/2020 at 11:09 PM, Jillia said:

-chingu! You caught me off-guard with the beautiful kiss!

But I swear... LJK keeps on sucking MCW's lips. Or he tried to vacuumized her whole mouth.I can't stop staring. 8.gif?w=50

70c9eccb473f43bd83305b6e20373a32b671de0e

The guilty one has alot to say :ph34r::D

0fd008608f7573cd87ad8ddb4eac42ab5a3ab2bc

You cant blame him though. MCW is a very beautiful woman. But talk about vacuum cleaning kisses.I would say the award goes to SJK in nice guy. He almost swallow her:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, noor1 said:

Wouldn't the sister have met this famous hospital director at his hospital instead of knocking on an unknown family's door at night?!

Have to agreed with this, she may have an unstable emotional condition or whatever it is, but that's just a really stupid move. How could you just ask the Director of the Hospital you suspected that someone in that freaking hospital might be the accomplice? Gosh.. 

But srsly tho, I really need Jiwon's past story, without Do Hyunsu in it. She's the only one having no back story and that's makes her life seems revolve around Hyunsu too much. Her character is already great and not to mention Moon Chaewon's skill act for Cha Jiwon is a thumbs up, but as a writer, a character without a back story is usually just sit on the sideline and hey look, she's the female lead. Would be so absurd if she doesn't have one. I hope the writer won't disappoint me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know Moo Jin was a bully and jerk when he was younger but I appreciate how he’s trying to help Hyun Soo now. It was heartwarming to watch him trying to save HS. I don’t think he just wants to impress Hae Soo, I think he feels genuine remorse for how he behaved back then. But it’s still nagging me what he saw at the basement. Could it be that he truly saw bounded victims?

17-C51250-6-DB3-4896-930-F-1698-FCC81-CE

93527-F1-D-96-EF-48-C8-A769-F21-F2174-B7

• Like 8

@aisling @Jillia 

He was not a good kid when he was in school. But like @Jillia said teenagers don't really think before saying anything and are sometimes insensitive. But on last episode he literally risked his life to save Hyunsoo's life. I don't know whether he is doing this to redeem himself or not because they haven't shown him regretting bullying Hyunsoo. But I believe he unconsciously considers him a friend now and is doing everything out of their friendship and not for Haesoo. I am still bitter that DHS didn't check on KMJ later though I understand he was in shock but still......

In the beginning I was worried that they won't have anything to show later and will drag it in the middle. But now I am worried they won't be able to answer every question and there will be some plotholes in the end. 

• Like 5

Article Translation: The drama writer's thoughts on four lead actors and their characters. 

‘Flower of Evil’ writer praises Lee Joongi for evoking sympathy gracefully

202009040935231910_2_20200904093841920.j

In tvN’s Wed/Thu drama ‘Flower of Evil,’ Lee Joongi (Do Hyunsoo), Moon Chaewon (Cha Jiwon), Jang Heejin (Do Haesoo), and Seo Hyunwoo (Kim Moojin) are outdoing themselves with each episode.

On September 4, writer of ‘Flower of Evil’ Yoo Junghee praised the actors, Lee Joongi, Moon Chaewon, Jang Heejin, and Seo Hyunwoo, for their detailed performances.

In the previous episode, Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi) finally realizes his love for Cha Jiwon (Moon Chaewon) and lets out an emotion for the first time, breaking down in tears. It’s as if the floodgates just opened, he was completely awash with emotions, a mix of confusion, fear, and pain, which Lee Joongi depicted so thoroughly in his heart-wrenching performance, leaving viewers brokenhearted.

The writer also heaped praise on Lee Joongi’s acting: “I am surprised each and every time by his delicate portrayal of this complicated character called Do Hyun Soo with such a refreshing feeling I have never seen before. Also, I love that he evokes sympathy in viewers so gracefully by balancing coldness and beauty.”

Moon Chaewon further hooks viewers into the story through her detailed depiction of the conflicting emotions of Cha Jiwon, who feels betrayed by her husband she’s trusted for so long, but also cannot bring herself to punish him. In Episode 11, she shows everything someone in love can do: she kneels before detective Choi Jaesup for Do Hyunsoo and eventually understands the life Hyunsoo has lived and forgives him.

The writer expressed appreciation of Moon’s realistic acting: “Moon Chaewon’s own emotional interpretation of Cha Jiwon makes me feel like someone like her really exists out there and wish such a love could exist. Watching every emotional scene with her in it, I feel like her facial expressions and voice reach my heart directly.”

Jang Heejin is also eliciting sympathy as Do Haesoo that she’s created in her own way. In Episode 8, Haesoo breaks down in tears as she reunites with her brother Hyunsoo after a long time apart. Her tears convinced viewers instantaneously of the guilt and longing Haesoo must have felt all these years.

The writer was surprised to find how Jang Heejin and Do Haesoo as she imagined look so much alike. “I think Haesoo became a multifaceted character because the actor combined her own kind personality with the mysterious vibe of Haesoo. In the Haesoo-Hyunsoo reunion scene, Jang’s acting touched me so deeply. I love that scene so much I’ve watched it over and over.”

Seo Hyunwoo keeps the drama’s mood moderate as Kim Moojin, a main character who links Hyunsoo, Jiwon, and Haesoo together. In Episode 8, at a gathering with Hyunsoo and Haesoo in search of the Yeonju serial murder accomplice, Moojin tries to relieve the tension, winning the hearts of viewers.

Describing Seo Hyunwoo as the lucky charm of ‘Flower of Evil,’ the writer expressed her gratitude: “Kim Moojin is a difficult character because he’s hard to pin down. But Seo Hyunwoo has done a wonderful job of making him a vivid character. At the gathering he had with Hyunsoo and Haesoo, I realized once again what a valuable presence he is in our drama, like an oasis in the desert.

The actors have completely disappeared into their respective characters and their performances have brought the compelling narrative of ‘Flower of Evil’ to perfection. In the remaining episodes, the characters’ emotions will become even more intense. The actors’ performances raise our expectations for ‘Flower of Evil’ even higher.

202009040935231910_1_20200904093841902.j

Source: 1

Joongi on the Flower of Evil cast— :wub:creating synergy with Chaewon; :Dgetting comfortable with Heejin; B)wanting to work again with Hyunwoo; :)getting carried away discussing with Jihoon.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, joybran said:

Were you expecting a Korean Dexter?

As promised, he was hiding a dark past and his wife suspected him, at least briefly, of being a serial killer. I think Do Hyun Soo is more interesting than a serial killer, even Dexter, but your mileage may vary.;)

I was just expecting it to be darker, but how the character turned out meant it hasn't been the case.

• Like 3

According to a fan-account of Moon Chae-won's DC fan who met her on set this week, they will be filming for another 2 weeks.

Hope they will be able to keep the quality of this drama till the very end

On 9/4/2020 at 4:49 PM, violina said:

So funny:D. "38 Year Old LJK" was trending on real rime search - weibo(China) some days back too. Ji won has us covered.She knows whats up...

I the age topics still trended till yesterday evening and one of the reasons..probably due to a post like this. People got curious and check out both their age due to the King & Clown talk lol

• Like 8

14 hours ago, joybran said:

Did anybody watch the special broadcast that aired instead of Episode 12? If so, what was it like? Is there any place to watch it with English subtitles?

VIU has the whole special with Eng sub.

5 hours ago, Jillia said:

Oh so they back to filming, @mulberry9-chingu? :D That's good to know and also good to know they don't have much more filming to do.

Yes, chingu. They have resumed shooting from this Monday. I think they are shooting ep 15 right now as JHJ posted this 2 days before they stopped filming for a week (see script for ep 14)

Screenshot-20200905-184912-Samsung-Inter

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I knew they were far ahead with filming, so I didn't worry much about the lockdown. But so glad they don't have any pressure and can film safely and without any rush.

No problem @Jillia-chingu

If they still have another 2 weeks to shoot, that means they only have a week to do the editing for the final ep.. but that shouldn't be a problem. I remember The Princess' Man's last scene was shoot on the same day of the final ep was aired. Just a few hours earlier and the result was fine.

By the way, the schedule for next week is out. They will air ep. 12 and 13 as usual on Wed & Thur

• Like 7
  • Love 2

What an episode! Props to LJK for bringing out the emotions even more in episode 11. So sad that after all this time, DHS still thought he couldn’t love but he had already been showering his beautiful family with so much love, care and affection. I’m glad that JW knew how he felt just by his actions.

I hope DHS’s noona finally works up the courage to tell the truth soon. It’s clearly been bothering her and I understand that she’s scared but how could you throw your family under the bus like that? I also get that she just wants to investigate the accomplice case a bit more for her brothers sake too but I thought she was a bit naive in going directly to BMW’s house without scoping out a bit more or even relaying this info to DHS or KMJ first.

Episode 10 threw me a little and I thought BMW was likely the accomplice but episode 11 has brought me right back to my original theory that BHS is the accomplice after all and his dad has played a part in ensuring his son doesn’t get caught for the sake of his own reputation. I’m curious as to how BHS got caught up in that life but then his dad isn’t exactly the nicest person and the part where DHS was visiting the house really highlighted just how creepy and off the rails he is. He also clearly paid a bigger part rather than being just an accomplice because he’s trying to use DMS as a scapegoat. Could’ve been the other way around or possibly (or maybe I’m just still hoping) that there’s more to DMS than meets the eye and perhaps he was misunderstood all along. I find it interesting that his mum is clearly not ok with all of this and I think she’ll be the one who cracks. She also looked shocked when BMW said he had already taken care of DHS. We have seen her show some tenderness to EH so I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s grown to care a little bit about DHS. 

KMJ was one half of my most favourite parts of episode 11. His loyalty and willingness to put himself in harm to help DHS just cements their friendship for me. This drama has done a great job of developing their relationship and at one point I wasn’t sure how loyal KMJ was but I’m glad they’ve become allies. The other half is JW’s police sunbae. I am so happy that he had JW’s back and was willing to let DHS run away. I definitely think he will help in clearing DHS’s name!

Can’t wait for next week!

• Like 7

On 9/4/2020 at 11:43 AM, stella77 said:

Episode 11 was sooooooo good! MCW and LJK did very well with their acting. Great balance of emotional and action etc. I also liked that they advanced the plot beyond my expectation and let the truth be out among the leads (I was afraid they were gonna keep it until ep 14 or something). 

You speak my mind. In other dramas, the human trafficking bust would have taken up the whole episode. Then they would have made Hyun Soo run away and had a lengthy soap opera about that in the next episode. Then reunion and reconciliation with Ji Won in the next episode. 

The result: All the questions below would have been left to be answered in the last two episodes and the ending would have been rushed and unsatisfactory. But now we have 5 episodes. They can answer these questions in a well fleshed out manner.

On 9/4/2020 at 11:17 AM, holyfea said:
On 9/3/2020 at 9:38 PM, ainipang said:

List of my question that still dont have answer..

1. What happen to hyun soo mother. Is it relate to the current serial killer

2. Why real baek soong coma

3. Where is the taxi driver's wife body

4. Who is the THE REAL SERIAL KILLER?

5. What mujin saw at the basement?

Regarding thw village head cases.. i think we kinda know the story.. but perhaps there are still more to it..

I am gonna added my unsolved thoughts.

6. Who was actually forced head village to did some excorcism to young Do Hyun Soo?

7. Why on earth the real Baek Hee Sung give Do Hae Soo goldfish chain?

8. What happen to maid of Baek Hee Sung household?

9. What human trafficking leader will do to Baek Hee Sung and Do Hyun Soo?

10. Why Eun Ha didn't ask for his appa recently?

11. What is the real motive of Baek Hee Sung father to do all these dirty things?

12. Is there any accompile of this crime in police station?

Thanks to this twitter user who broke it down so eloquently:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

@Jillia@-Love Blossom- yup i would hate the writer if she went on the "we met when they were kids" trope, because that would kinda defeat the whole idea of the show. I felt that the show had a very strong message on how 2 random people can come together and develop strong love for each other as long as they were willing to put in the effort and to stick around each other through thick and thin. Real love is never as effortless as something that is predestined, it involves hard work like having the courage to face up to the harsh truth (Jiwon) or perpetuating falsehoods for the sake of the other partner's happiness (hyun su - i really loved how we initially found the youtube videos creepy, but later realized its an act of love, of him trying to fix his shortcomings in order to make her happy). 

However regarding the memory loss, that's not really what i meant. Was trying to think what is the purpose of the writer erasing Hyun Soo's memory: 

Spoiler

option 1 : character development for Hyun Soo
it might involve his mother in some way, and through this incident we can perhaps understand why he shut out his feelings and why he is so susceptible to accepting this psychopath identity that others had branded him with. It will also help explain why he has a tendency towards violence when his loved ones are in danger (i.e. the cassette tape of his mother,  and when ji won was assaulted by the gangster). In a way it will help us fully unravel hyun soo's character, and I guess I am ok with this direction

option 2: to introduce more twists regarding his identity
the other reason why his past is erased could be because the writer is planning a final twist regarding his true identity. We thought we know him as do hyun soo pretending to be baek hee sung but what if he was baek hee sung all along? This "switched at birth" trope is the one kdrama trope that i really really hope wont happen besides the "we met when we were children" one. I think its outrageous, outdated and not logical. 

In the meantime, if i assume option 1 to be true, then i feel worried for Ji Won and Hae Soo:

Spoiler

i feel like there is a possibility of an upcoming incident where either hae soo or ji won will be harmed, and Hyun Su recovers his memories through this incident. if that happens, its going to be heart breaking

Also just finished watching the last few translated part of lee joon gi's IG live and now i have anxiety again....

Spoiler

he mentions it was heart wrenching for him to see chae won in real life after reading the script for ep 16. Why do i feel that either one of them will perish? 
Also there is a huge scene involving do hyun su and baek hee sung that is yet to come. Joon Gi said he had a 1.5hour call with ji hoon to discuss how to film this scene the next day, which means that it must have been a pivotal shoot. I think its probably a showdown between the 2 characters, and we know from the hints that the show has thrown us, both cannot co-exist, only one will survive. 

Its rare that this close to the finale, i still have absolutely NO IDEA how the entire story will play out. The previews for ep 12 also looks super misleading:

Spoiler

detective choi does not arrest hyun su? why? i am sure hyun su will not sell his sister out. Why do i have a feeling they will hatch a plan to use hyun su as the bait to catch the real accomplice? Also, does hyun su speculate that there is a mole in the police force as someone with the knowledge of the sting operation called yeom sang chul? It must be important for hyun su to not get arrested so that he can lure the real accomplice out, that's why detective choi doesnt arrest him. In fact when hae soo comes to the station to confess the same day, i think both ji won and detective choi will prevent her from doing so in order to not mess up the plan to catch the accomplice. That's why jiwon said she felt so wronged. 

regarding the housekeeper and the body that was found, my theory is that the house keeper is employed by yeom sang chul and maintains regular contact with him. yeom sang chul threatens baek man woo with the photo and is killed. This is witnessed by the housekeeper, who then takes the burner phone as evidence to warn gong mi jia about how dangerous her husband and son are. I think the body found is Yeom Sang Chul, and Gong Mi Jia, upon finding out the truth, will try to help hyun su. 

There might be evidence leading to baek hee sung when they found yeom sang chul's body , and in the end, ji won might have no choice but to arrest Hyun Su who is still under the identity of hee sung, which is why we see him getting cuffed. But honestly i have no idea how this will play out, as no way they gonna keep the ML out of action for the last 5 episodes. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

VIU has the whole special with Eng sub.

Yes, chingu. They have resumed shooting from this Monday. I think they are shooting ep 15 right now as JHJ posted this 2 days before they stopped filming for a week (see script for ep 14)

Thanks so much for the information. I'm sad that VIU isn't available in Mexico, where I am right now.

• Like 3

On 9/3/2020 at 2:27 PM, Jillia said:

Not sure. Maybe it will be available on Viki as well? But I don't know. :D

I just found it on Dramacool as Ep. 11.5. It is a clip show as I expected, but it is really well done. "Kim Moo Jin" and "Do Hae Soo" are the hosts, and they have some very cute interactions between the clips.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1. Assuming Do Min Seok didn't commit suicide, who killed him, and why?

Hospital Director Baek Man Wo...

2. Does Cha Ji Won have a dark past (as was alluded in the beginning of the drama)?

No - her past is clean (is what i want the most you all know how much i love her ) but there's a possibility to be connected somehow to either Baek Hee Sung's and/or Do Hyun Soo's past ...

Why was Baek Hee Sung in a coma?

i'm almost sure was his mom!!!

• Like 4