[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

On 8/31/2020 at 12:36 PM, mystic62 said:

Another big moment with Eun Ha and her parental fake grandma.  Her emotional reactions to her potentials mathematical genius hinted what might happened to her son in the past.  Her making up to the little girl was moving as unknowingly they bonded.  Unlike before, Eun Ha became more comfortable with her asking her grandma to feed her and compliment about her cooking.  To her, Eun Ha represents the joyful life she wants to regain  with her son but the moments with the little girl, slowly healing her mental state.  Her husband obviously neglects her conditions as he was more focus on maintaining his reputation and their son alive.   Eun Ha influenced her that she still can have that life again and with the possibility that her son might not recover, she decided to let him go so the family could move on and accept the outcome which allow him to be awaken from his coma.

Talking about Eun Ha, its gonna hurt to see her separated from her dad even if its only temporary in the next episode

bfadcf1b4eddc0cc8cd7e50cbaabf3629d3eb999

1da3ddbfe38e5698b302c5ce45f592102555dc32

She learnt very well from her daddy on how to manipulate people with her cute face and politeness:D

ede70451773a1fac816176dc09cfc0b220156699

3 minutes ago, Maral said:

I got to watch the last episode again but as I remember the detective didn't go to the lab. 

He went to an IT technician, watch towards the end of episode 10. The IT guy was able to retrieve the data. It was implied too in the beginning part of episode 10 that detective choi was snooping around. The team leader asked him about where he went(they mentioned a korean location), CJW followed up with a question on what he was doing,  he couldnt answer properly.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

No. 2 & 3 are from Alice which just aired last Friday-Saturday. 

3 hours ago, -Love Blossom- said:

Moon Chaewoon is popular in Korea (though not as much as she deserves to be) but I don't think she is well known outside of Korea. This could have helped her to gain international fandom. Netflix is weird. Sometimes they buy questionable or sugary dramas instead of quality dramas like FOE. 

Agree about Netflix choices. Some are o.O. it also didn't buy Alice.

As for Moon Chae-won, that's purely her own doing/choice (e.g. attended Baeksang through back door). She's simply too laid back and doesn't care :sweatingbullets:. She'll go into hibernation mode once she's done with FOE. Total ninja. Until her next drama/movie. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Sorry to cut your post. :D

But so true... I'm already preparing for MCW to go into ninja mode after FOE and then we wait patiently for her next project.

LOL. Expected..no? you know her well :sweatingbullets:.

Won't be seeing her face till next drama/movie (whenever it will be) 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jillia said:

The writer of the drama talked about why she named the drama "Flower of Evil". It's inspired by Charles Baudelaire poetry collection "Les Fleurs du Mal". She also said that flowers can bloom even where evil is and the "flower of evil" is an image for Do Hyun Soo who can't be really defined what kind of flower he is. It stands for Do Hyun Soo who got stigmatized for being the son of a serial killer but also Cha Ji Won whom he meets and considers as pure and innocent. Who helps him to become something more beyond being the son of a serial killer.

Source

The full translation:

Writer of ‘Flower of Evil’ gives reason for the title: Irony in serial killer’s son Lee Joongi X innocent Moon Chaewon

0004265724_001_20200901141016745.jpg?typ

In an interview, writer Yoo Junghee, who has brought ‘Flower of Evil’ into bloom by crafting unpredictable turns of events and memorable lines, shares her intention and other behind-the-scenes stories.

On how she came to write this unique drama, the writer revealed, “I was entertaining many different ideas for a drama, and I came up with a married couple in a state of irony: a husband who is full of pure deceit, and a wife who is full of pure love.”

On how she created this unique suspense melodrama: “for me, it was interesting to ask, ‘If I do my best to live for my significant other without getting caught in a lie until I die, would I call that life a complete lie?’ And to deliver this story more powerfully, I decided to go for a thriller with a detective and a serial killer in it.”

On the title of ‘Flower of Evil: “While creating this character Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi), I thought of Charles Baudelaire’s poetry collection ‘Las flores del mal’ (Flowers of Evil). Because, as in our drama, the values that normally contradict one another get mixed up and the boundaries start to blur, causing chaos and anxiety. I wanted the title to evoke ‘the beauty of a life in desperation’ in viewers when they first see the title.”

On the meaning of the title: “The message I want to get across is ‘A flower still blooms even in a place filled with malice.” She continued, “’Flower of Evil’ represents Do Hyunsoo, who cannot be defined as either black, white, or even red; it also represents Cha Jiwon who breaks down barriers in herself and embraces this new world she’s facing as it is.”

It represents the life of Do Hyunsoo, who’s been stigmatized as the ‘son of a serial killer’ and grew up in an environment full of malice. Then he meets Cha Jiwon, who’s innocent but firm and determined. Viewers are looking forward to seeing what kind of flower will bloom between them.

The writer also thanked the viewers for their enthusiastic responses: "This drama is being made with the talent and passion of so many people. I am deeply grateful to the fans for appreciating that sincerity of our drama".

She added, " I hope this drama will make viewers imagine the lives of our protagonists beyond this story.I hope the drama will make viewers ask, "What kind of lives our characters would be living now? The writer's wishes make us even more curious as to the next chapter in the story told by the vivid characters of 'Flower of Evil': Do Hyunsoo, Cha Ji Won, Do Haesoo, and Kim Moojin.

Episode 11 of 'Flower of Evil' is airing on September 2(Wed) at 10:50 pm. The September 3(Thu) episode will be replaced by a special broadcast.

Source

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

Thank you for sharing the translation, @violina! :D

There is more^_^. The Flower of Evil Promo team are not playing at all.Its like a gift that keeps on giving.

Article Trans:

‘Flower of Evil’: A look back at the 14 years of Lee Joongi ♥ Moon Chaewon; why we are crazy about this relationship

202009010936458010_2_20200901094039398.j

The Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon couple has all viewers of ‘Flower of Evil’ passionately cheering them on.

In tvN’s Wed/Thu drama ‘Flower of Evil,’ Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi), who concealed his true self as a fugitive under the false identity of Baek Heeseong, and Cha Jiwon (Moon Chaewon), who fell in love with him without knowing the truth, met, married, and had an adorable daughter together.

202009010936458010_6_20200901094039453.j

Now, that trust in the couple of 14 years has turned into doubt, as Do Hyunsoo is about to get exposed. But this has also forced Do Hyunsoo, who thought he couldn’t feel emotions himself, to start looking deep inside himself, while Cha Jiwon has begun to understand him during her search for the truth. So here is an in-depth look back at the history of our ‘Do-Cha (Do Hyunsoo + Cha Jiwon)’ couple, starting with the moment they first met up until the present day.

It began as a one-sided relationship. Hyunsoo just started a new life under his false identity, while innocent Jiwon was honest with her feelings, saying, “Don’t you think it’s only you who doesn’t know how you feel?” Back then, Hyunsoo realized every time he was with her, his father’s horrible ghost urging him to kill stayed away from him. So he recognized Jiwon as the ‘person he needs.’

18730f697b4d30dbf547635da59e752beaa1df10

Hyunsoo has since learned and practiced facial expressions showing happiness and sadness. He showed his smile when Jiwon passed the police exam; he made her smile with a romantic home decoration when she was pregnant with his baby. He inadvertently revealed his past tainted with distrust, saying “I only need you to trust me.” But his words also made Jiwon realize that Hyunsoo has always had no one else but Jiwon by his side.

When Jiwon says she wants to break up, Hyunsoo messages her, “I wish I could think and feel like you,” revealing his true feelings about not being able to ‘read’ her emotions and what makes her feel confused. Later, Jiwon concludes he did not commit any murder but has lived a life filled with loneliness and suffering, saying, “I wish you could feel how much I love you.”

Spoiler

9c5f685e6f7e94e21c7c969da8c2a0a7a05eee3d

Even when they confront each other as ‘fugitive’ and ‘detective,’ not a married couple, the tension could not hide the desperation in them. When Hyunsoo calls the police using a voice changing device to offer a dangerous plan to catch the accomplice in the Yeonju serial murders, Jiwon pleads, ‘Do Hyunsoo, please don’t get hurt,” indicating her trust in him.

The change has also started showing in Do Hyunsoo. Earlier, he said, “I’m the person who only shows what she wants to see.” Now, he says, “I want to be a good enough person for you.” 14 years ago, Jiwon told Heeseong who did not know the emotion of regret, “I will teach you whatever you don’t know. Then one day, everything will change.” She has truly brought about change in him.

Spoiler

32288859501358ac17545d2191280f59eec3d2f5

The sweetness in their past looked like ‘pretension,’ but it was probably not a lie after all. Following their 14 years of happiness, the cruel doubt has bloomed in the couple, but Hyunsoo and Jiwon are headed for the truth that they only have each other. Viewers wonder if their love will find peace.

Those extremes of emotions have been perfectly conveyed by detailed performances from Lee Joongi (Do Hyunsoo) and Moon Chaewon (Cha Jiwon), further hooking viewers in the story. Flower of Evil airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:50 pm. The September 3 episode will be replaced by a special broadcast.

Source

• Like 7
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

As for Moon Chae-won, that's purely her own doing/choice (e.g. attended Baeksang through back door). She's simply too laid back and doesn't care :sweatingbullets:. She'll go into hibernation mode once she's done with FOE. Total ninja. Until her next drama/movie. 

2 hours ago, Jillia said:

But so true... I'm already preparing for MCW to go into ninja mode after FOE and then we wait patiently for her next project.

I can't help but to laugh at this, because it's so true:sweats:

When other actors and actress promote themselves through any kinds of social media, accepting lots of offers to spread the word of their existence, and then we have Moon Chaewon lol

Anyway, tomorrow is the day guys. Tho i need to wait for thursday to get the subs, can't wait to see how things would be different from our couple since Hyunsu realized that Jiwon knew his real identity :Pandabulous:

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Interview: Lee Joon Gi & Moon Chae Won On Their Roles In Flower Of Evil

Lee-Joon-Gi-Moon-Chae-Won-Flower-Of-Evil

We speak to Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won about their latest drama Flower of Evil, how they got into character, and how it feels to be working together again

by Sophie Hong  /   September 1, 2020

What drew you to the drama's script?

Spoiler

Lee Joon Gi: The script was an interesting one, and at the same time, I thought it would be really challenging. As an actor, that’s the kind of challenge that I want to take on. I wanted to express the complex inner thoughts of the characters Baek Hee Sung and Do Hyun Soo well. Also, because it is a genre and a role that I’ve never done before, I wanted to show another side of me through Flower of Evil.

Moon Chae Won: The role or genre that I choose to take on varies — it depends on various factors, such as the kind of experience I have had in my daily life and how I feel at that moment. Flower of Evil contains a considerable amount of elements that I favour, in terms of personal preferences and the genres that I like.

I usually like authentic melodramas, but Flower of Evil is a very attractive combination of romance and suspense. I decided to be a part of the cast because I was attracted to dealing with dramatic and deep topics.

[To Lee Joon Gi] How did you prepare for this role? What did you do to get into the mindset of a psychopath?

Lee Joon Gi: I did my best to express the restrained yet delicate side of the character Do Hyun Soo. To do that, I referred to the movie Joker and also Javier Bardem’s acting in the movie No Country for Old Men. However, unlike those characters, I had to express to the audience the complicated situation that Do Hyun Soo is facing and the various emotions that he has, therefore I thought a lot about the details of his facial expressions, reactions, and also the character’s styling in terms of appearance.

[To Moon Chae Won] What's your favourite personality trait of your character?

Moon Chae Won: Ji Won is a violent crimes detective responsible for investigating crime scenes. Elements that are being taken lightly can be a big clue to solving a case, so she can’t help but be sensitive when dealing with cases. But in front of her beloved husband and family, she disarms herself and lets her guard down and smiles a lot. It’s the opposite of working at the police station. What drew me to Ji Won as a character was her unexpected charm, which adds fun to the story; her feelings of love and anxiety, which are essential feelings for human beings; and the subtle conflicts presented in the story.

The two of you worked together back in 2017, on Criminal Minds. How does it feel to be working on the same drama again?

Spoiler

Moon Chae Won: I was very excited to meet Lee Joon Gi again! No matter what character he plays, Lee Joon Gi makes the public fall in love with his charm, the way he works, and how he creates a narrative for his character with his meticulous acting. Because of that, I was very curious about how he would play Baek Hee Sung/Do Hyun Soo, who possesses conflicting characteristics such as kindness and cruelty (laughs).

Not only is his acting outstanding, he is also a great person on set. Even after filming an emotional scene, or an action sequence, he’s still very upbeat and doesn’t lose his laughter but instead, boosts the morale on set. I always receive good energy from his energetic performance. I am very lucky to be able to work with such a good partner.

Lee Joon Gi: It was a pleasure to meet Chae-won, who I had previously met as a colleague [in Criminal Minds] and now as a couple of 14 years [in Flower of Evil]. There’s a sense of familiarity but we have to present a new performance.

During Criminal Minds I said to her: “Let’s meet in a melodrama next time.” I was thankful that such an opportunity came earlier than I thought. We’ve already worked together once, so we’re trying our best to produce good results this time too.

Can you share with us what’s your favourite moment on set, so far?

Spoiler

Moon Chae Won: It’s a production filled with great crew members, a good director and also great actors, so every moment is worth remembering. However, I can’t forget this particular moment with Seo Yeon, who is my daughter in the drama. One day, Seo Yeon smiled and handed me a piece of folded coloured paper. When I opened it up, there was a message saying, “Moon Chae Won and Flower of Evil, fighting (all the best)♡♡”. I was thankful and really moved because I felt that she was so considerate towards me. The weather then was quite cold but thanks to Seo Yeon, I was able to finish filming with a warm heart.

Lee Joon Gi: I remember every day of our shoots. I’m active on set, and the crew members and I are always there for each other. This way, I believe that we can turn the tiring shoot into a fun memory filled with smiles. I always have nothing but pleasant memories.

Viewers love the chemistry the both of you have in Flower of Evil. What do you think contribute to your good on-screen chemistry?

Spoiler

Moon Chae Won: First of all, thank you so much for thinking highly of the chemistry between Lee Joon Gi and I! (Laughs) I think the biggest reason why we have such good chemistry is because Lee Joon Gi is a good actor and person. He takes good care of me when we’re filming. Thanks to him, I can focus more on my acting. This kind of consideration and understanding is well-reflected in our chemistry, so I think that’s why many people are in favour of it.

Lee Joon Gi: Chae Won and I have opposite personalities. If I’m the type to approach a production by exchanging energy with everyone on set, then Chae Won is the type to be calm and delicate. I think the process of us approaching the production in different ways makes the work better. We are both currently going through the shoot with good synergy.

What do you hope viewers will take away from this drama?

Spoiler

Lee Joon Gi: The two biggest things I felt while reading the script for Flower of Evil were “truth” and “love”. I think it is a great production that depicts the various emotions that a loving couple feels when faced with a truth they want to turn away from, as well as their psyche. I hope viewers will immerse themselves in the characters’ emotional changes, and realise the meaning of truth and love in the process.

Moon Chae Won: Rather than letting you know what the key points of Flower of Evil are, it would be great if you can feel closer to the essence of love after watching it. There are times when I personally think, “As a person, I would want to be saved by someone I love.” Whenever I think of that, many questions come to mind, such as “Is it possible for one person to be saved entirely by another?” and “Can two people be the salvation for each other?” I hope you can find answers to these questions through this drama.

New episodes of Flower of Evil are available on Viu.

Source

• Like 9
  • Love 4

flower of evil is the best,..recieve lots of positive feedback around the world and getting lot of popularity for the cast stunning performance,..hoping after flower of evil there is photoshoot and interviews for the couple still hoping for such gorgeous couple,..i like moon chae won strong opinion on the question about the drama ,the character and so on,...and also the way she answer a question about working with lee joon gi,..her answer is always honest and straightforward that you want more from her,..also lee joon gi is also the best always vocal and ready to talked about anything except love life,...

advance congratulatulation to the flower of evil drama ,.because i always intrigued and so emersed to the story,..still watching until the last episode,.also all the cast who really work hard to make this story so real,..because of them i feel so attached and immersed ,..the director ,screen writer and mostly joonchae couple excellent job

• Like 11

Article Translation (Thanks to Lydia Liem, Twitter)

feadb42256cb388f4752676a8113860cff821703

The rating of Korean Drama Flower of Evil continues to increase significantly.The public assumed this because Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won's acting are captivating and dive into their roles well.

Moreover both of them had played in the same project, Criminal Minds, so their chemistry is getting stronger in this project.This was also expressed by Lee Joon GI through an exclusive interview with Insertlive.

"This is my 2nd project with Moon Chae Won.But because the characters are very different this is a new experience for us because in this drama we are paired as husband and wife," he said. In this drama, a lot of conversations needed to be done so that we can play it naturally.But, because we already know each other's strengths and weaknesses, many things are resolved properly," he continued.

He admits acting as Moon Chae Won's husband who has a dark secret made him a little stressful. "To be honest, I felt a little stressed because this is my first experience acting as a married couple for 14 years. I think I'm too young to play that role," he said. Lee Joon Gi also admitted that he felt a little dizzy when he had to act as a father figure in the drama.He felt that the director has made things easier and Flower of Evil has a good story. The stress also subsided slowly after he was helped by Moon Chae Won who played his wife in the drama.

" I'm grateful I was paired with Moon Chae Won. I am grateful that Moon Chae Won makes me a little relieved. I've worked with her before so in this drama.I don't have too much problems. So I can try to portray my role as Baek Hee Sung well," he said.

"I have tried my best to put myself in Hee Sung's shoes to understand the complicated emotions he has and convey them naturally to the audience" said Lee Joon Gi.

For Insertizen who are curious about how Lee Joon Gi 's acting as Baek Hee Sung, as well as how Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won's chemistry is working out in the drama, you can watch the drama Flower of Evil every Thursday and Friday at 8:45pm on the tvN channel through Transvision.

Source: 1 2 3

• Like 10
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

We always think we're ready for the heartbreak but FOE will teach us a lesson and show what heartbreak really means.

Yup. You know it is coming but somehow you are properly prepared. I hate it when tears just flow down like a leaked faucet!

• Like 4

Captain @Jillia @luffie  ... 30.gif?w=50 I'm also relying from the mood of that live streamin' link. But I'll try my best. 18.gif?w=50

- EPISODE 11 -

4j7G6SS.gif

Spoiler

pCKvYnh.gif

N1OnTsb.gif

Spoiler

u5rcXom.gif

9aTnXGF.gif

Spoiler

OGUU2R1.gif

QIkFZ8B.gif

Spoiler