Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

FOE Poll 7: The ending  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the ending of Flower of Evil?

• Yes, the finale was a masterpiece and it gave the story closure
    • I liked parts of it, but wish we would have gotten more happy scenes in the end
    • No, I hated the amnesia

7 hours ago, sas79 said:

I don't think so. Since HS is kidnapped by that Taxi Driver and is trapped underwater, I feel like HS will convince her that the reason she found his watch at the crime scene is because the Taxi Driver kidnapped him. 

Okay, really new here. Last time I lingered here in Soompi Forum was during Nice Guy. And that was yeaaaarrrss ago. But I am really enjoying this show so far. 

Don't think he'll make an excuse. I think it's pretty clear to Ji Won now that the person she had an altercation with in the warehouse is her husband. Ho Joon mentioned that it was a wreck in the warehouse yet she was hardly scathed. It would be interesting to see though how her confusion will play out in the next episode as she tries to save her husband. 

There's so much to love about the show that I hardly notice its small tendencies of becoming "makjang". At the end of the day, this is a melo and the police procedural element in the storytelling is merely a tool to keep the plot moving. And ooh boy, does it move really fast! That's how you know the writing is secure and certain, and know exactly where it's going. Kudos to the directing, cast, the casting team (they really picked the right actors in this show. All of them are seriously good even the super minor once)!! 

Please be good till the end! Please please please!! 

• Like 22
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

Ah it was a busy week so I am just now watching ep 3 and I have a question.

Why is Jiwon remembering (or suspecting) her husband coming back at night in the rain when she saw the police video of the murderer in the rain? Up until now there hasn’t been any reason for her to suspect her husband - unless I missed something. 

• Like 11

I Love this Drama Best SHOW SO FAR!!!

Wow Wow  I love your theory but I think the Dad is still alive.

Episode 4 is showing Hyun Su’s vulnerable side. He is terrified of his father . He believes that Ji Won can actually keep his father away ( which can only mean The dark side of HS that tries to keep away) flash back scene where we see his father standing  whenever Cha Ji Won worms her way into his heart.  She would make him happy and then he would appear. I think he still believes his father is alive somewhere. Also he fears his father may take her away from him. At mydramalist someone has a theory that maybe his sister killed his parter or they both killed ther father. Or HS killed his father and made it look like suicide. I can’t quite pinpoint what happened yet, I need more clues from writernim for FOE. 

BHS’s mom I think there is something fishy there. She cares for him in an obsessive way. I would love know why?? Is it because of her real son or is Hyun Su also her bio son too. I have to rewatch 1-4 again. I wonder if BHS and DHS the same age???? She is more attached to HS than her own husband. She seems to be a bit more hard on HS than need to be. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 3

@-Love Blossom- @mulberry9

Yay! The OST is out... thank you for sharing! And I'm happy to see the rise in ratings despite the late timeslot.

:issohappy:

@partyon

I like your theories a lot. I'm looking forward to Jang Jin Hee's character. I think she will be a major key to unlock all the secrets.

:Woah:

• Like 9
  • Love 2

How cute is that wallpaper of Eun Ha on Hyun Soo's phone?:sweet:

Poor baby she's crying her eyes out too huhuhu~ Hyun Soo got kicked around a lot during the struggle at the shack when Ji Won cornered him. She packs a punch LoL. Love the bickering between Moo Jin and Hyun Soo it's hilarious! 

When Moo Jin misheard the old lady sayin' Be careful for full instead LMFAo.:joy:  So it looks like Hyun Soo may not be evil as we're led to believe. All seem to indicate that he was framed mostly. That he's a scapegoat for other's misdeeds. In next week preview, it shows the flashback scene shown from ep. 01.

• Like 14
7 hours ago, thingskateknows said:

This show just keeps getting better and better. I can't believe the PR team screwed up promoting this drama. We all thought we were going into a "serial killer deceiving his family while he kills people" as the premise when it's really "misunderstood good guy with tragic past just wants to be loved and have people stop trying to murder him."

I think the lines are meant to be cringey. The 'my poor wifey' line I interpreted as him being over the top and teasing her a bit. But, I do agree with you that these two actors really sell the relationship - especially since it has some deep layers. 

I honestly feel that this is Lee Joon Gi's best role in years. I love his restrained and nuanced performance so much. He's doing such a fantastic job selling this tortured, multi-faceted character so well. You can really see all the emotions on his face and he draws you in to the complexity of who he is.

I think misunderstood good guy is a generous title to be given after just watching the fourth episode.

Hes still with her because of his only selfish reasons he has, like a true APD or a person with psychopathy.

Him throwing away the doll and almost hurting and fighting Ji Won are also 

signs of APD.

i don’t think he’s lying when he said he will kill him if he reveals the truth to Ji won. I think he doesn’t mind hurting her a little if it meant keeping on an appearance.

He has experience holding people hostage.

Like with  nam Soong Gils wife, he can easily fake emotions and put on an appearance..

maybe the cringey  lines is just him showing Ji won what she wants to see.

• Like 13

I can say that the promotions deceived me hahaha. The drama is not about a serial killer but about DHS's chase to clear his name. Hopefully, the ending will be happy :)

really like the OST Part. 1, Psycho. 

Glad that the ratings increased, the cast and the crew truly deserved it !!!

For next episode, I think the taxi driver will die. If not, DHS cannot hide his true identity. And maybe, his father DMS will be back ? I think that he's still alive, hidden somewhere...

• Like 12

It's game over for BHS once the taxi driver says DHS's name in front of Cha Ji Won's face... 

I did not expect we're getting the first scene of episode 1 that quick again in episode 5!

Looking forward for next week!

Anyway I wonder if we're getting the OST on Spotify...

• Like 14

3rd and 4th episodes blew my mind. This show just gets better. However i don't think she gonna find out he's DHS yet. The Taxi driver might do something crazy and get killed while she thinks he was kidnapped and that's why his watch was with the criminal. So DHS needs Ji Won as she scares his father. The dad is really creepy. I don't know why but i'm rooting for BHS to not get caught:lol:  The sister scene i was about to say the whole family is messed up haha glad she's sane.

• Like 13
34 minutes ago, smartiegal said:

It's game over for BHS once the taxi driver says DHS's name in front of Cha Ji Won's face... 

I did not expect we're getting the first scene of episode 1 that quick again in episode 5!

Looking forward for next week!

Anyway I wonder if we're getting the OST on Spotify...

I think  it can't be that easy for revealing true identity of BHS, don't forget about support system of DHS from Baek family. The Mom is the one who seems caring to DHS, She is too concerned to his life and against BHS's marriage. Baek family will help BHS to cover DHS's true identity, except the real BHS wake up from his unconsious.  Maybe the statement of taxy driver who say that BHS is DHS will be considered absurd, since we know the good reputation of Baek's family. 

Yes, I don't expect if JW will say she will do better to him than before, it means because she found out that his husband be victim of her work as detective, I think she will feel more protective to him and maybe she will decide to quit the investigation of DHS's case for the sake of her family.

Edited by Lilian Ramadhani Putri
  • Like 13
10 hours ago, mulberry9 said:

Happy news

Ep. 4 got the highest ratings so far for both Nationwide and Seoul metro area

Nationwide 3.735 

Seoul 4.357 

It deserves more tbh. This is the best airing drama imo.

• Like 16
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

I finished ep 4 and agree that these latest episodes were really strong and made things super interesting. 

The guy with eyes black-out is so creepy. 

• Like 13
3 hours ago, Madu Mita said:

I think misunderstood good guy is a generous title to be given after just watching the fourth episode.

Hes still with her because of his only selfish reasons he has, like a true APD or a person with psychopathy.

Him throwing away the doll and almost hurting and fighting Ji Won are also 

signs of APD.

i don’t think he’s lying when he said he will kill him if he reveals the truth to Ji won. I think he doesn’t mind hurting her a little if it meant keeping on an appearance.

He has experience holding people hostage.

Like with  nam Soong Gils wife, he can easily fake emotions and put on an appearance..

maybe the cringey  lines is just him showing Ji won what she wants to see.

I think he is better than what many of us originally imagined he'd be. I do agree he isn't a nice guy either, his desire to keep his family despite everything is selfish, but there is more to it than just him needing JW to keep his father away. That early days scene when he was standing like a fool in the rain just looking at her smiling, he seemed fascinated and transfixed, plenty of emotions on the face of a person that isn't supposed to feel any. 

• Like 15

I like the show making it quite clear that his condition -  ADP - doesn’t meant he doesn’t have any emotions or can’t emote feelings. It’s more about how internally he has difficulties to process them and respond according to social norms (or like regular people). LJK is doing great in his role so far. I can feel his internal confusions and conflicts. 

• Like 13

This drama is so fun to watch. It's thrilling and makes you anticipate things. What you think right now will change when the scene changes. The storytelling and the movement of the plot are very good. You feel the tension, you go on a chase with the actors, breathe a sigh of relief, but then you're in for another suspenseful scene when you haven't fully filled your lungs with air. Yet you don't get exhausted.

Do MIn Seok is already dead, right? So what Hee Sung is seeing is just a product of his imagination.

I wonder how many layers Hee Sung's character has. We already know that he's a victim of bullying and guilty by association. Many people wove urban legends about him, and others believe that he's the culprit because they want to hide their own guilt, while others continue to throw unfounded rumors about him because they did Hyun Su wrong when they were younger, just like that Chinese chef who stole Hyung Su's entire savings and tried to kill him.

We don't know yet why he killed the foreman in his hometown. We have to unravel his association with the Baeks and how/why they ended up posing as a family. Is he a psychopath or a sociopath. At the same time, a different side of Ji Won surfaces from time to time. She was scary when she was talking in the bathroom with that social worker who killed the senior citizen because she had to climb several flights of stairs every time she visits.

What will happen when the real Baek Hee Sung wakes up from his coma?

• Like 11
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

It deserves more tbh. This is the best airing drama imo.

Yes. If only this drama isn't air at 11 pm (or get to air at the same time slot but on weekends).. for sure it will get higher ratings.

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Hyun Soo got kicked around a lot during the struggle at the shack when Ji Won cornered him. She packs a punch LoL. 

According to JG, CW is strong.. her punch is painful :joy:

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

Wait a minute. Ji Won is the same age as Do Hyun Su's noona. I assume the Reporter was DHS's classmate. JW found out that she's actually older than the reporter. So that means she's a noona to DHS lol. At their first meeting she was surprised when she saw his ID coz he looked young. Well he was using his BHS's ID. Just found it funny that she calls him oppa before when she's actually older than him. If her husband and the reporter used to be friends from the same town, won't that mean that her husband might know DHS too? She's so close to the truth.

• Like 11

@mulberry9

I believe it LoL! 

In that interview they did, I love how mischievous Jun Ki was ha-ha! He looked like he was bullied by Chae Won in a image still. Remember the scene where Ji Won disagrees with Hyun Soo over the way he handled lil Eun Ha's incident? Jun Ki's just so different off camera. I like his answer how married  couples could still kiss passionately ahahah! 'Cause a fan claims no married couple makeout like Hyun Soo/Ji Won eheheheh.  

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃