[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

8 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I was sad to hear the ratings dropped...and for Trot music???   Oh well...people might want some happy distractions during this COVID time.  

I really enjoy the Detective characters and their interplay.  The young one...I feel is going to have a pivotal role somehow. I did find it interesting

Reveal hidden contents

that he wasn't concerned upon hearing Ji-Won fighting in the bathroom.  And Ji-Won in that bathroom???  Holy intimidating! She has some scary tendencies as well.  

Now I'll spend a few days wondering who is the person in the rain coat.  I hope there are some twists coming up. 

Are we supposed to use spoiler tags in the drama's thread?! Glad to know the rating dropped because of another show and not because they didn't like the drama. Maybe people had one TV and grandma wants her trot music dose :lol:. Hope it's not a permanent show. As for Ji Won i really don't find her behaviour scary that's how most of Kdrama's detectives act even if they were the sweetest cinnamon rolls to their families. I believe this intended to show us how ruthless she can be and how she despises manipulative people not knowing that her beloved husband is manipulating and using the weaker people. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Thank you @jeonghyang dongsaeng for the heads-up!
Had always looked forward to the pairing of Junki and MCW but wary to start while it's airing, my heart might no take it  hahaha.

The premise tho!

Anways thank you for the awesome gifs and for live gifcapping!

Thank you also for your thoughts @40somethingahjumma... always fan of your commentaries.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

Glad to know the rating dropped because of another show and not because they didn't like the drama. 

The word of mouth among K-netz for this drama is really good. It has been trending on top spot for daily drama for 2 days in a row on naver

20200801-215658.jpg

• Like 12
  • Love 2

Hi guys i saw first two episode i think i hace this teory Who is realmente the bad guy of the story.  

Spoiler

My thinking is that do hyun so is not the one that help his Father i think that is his sister did it. He only kill to protect his Sister and their Father is Alice. I think he love his baby girl.  I think his parent was the one to order him to do something

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Seonhoyaa said:

The director said it's more of a melodrama than any other genre so you're right. And your signature is so relatable. 

Yups. It"s really mentioned as melodrama than thriller or mysteri.

My prediction is CJW is the real main hero in this drama. How she could trust her hubby when she found out about the crimes who is accused to his husband meanwhile he isn't the real serial killer. In first episode, we could watch when she saved her hubby and said that she would love him more than before. It pointed that there is somethin miss in his case.

10 hours ago, kehrite said:

I've only watched the first episode (my husband's watching with me and he's a "one episode a night" type... so primitive) but I really enjoyed it. Usually I don't bother with any form of fiction in the crime genre, as it's usually more focused on the crimes than the characters, but I feel like this will explore the characters and their backstories/relationship a lot. LJG was ovary-exploding adorable with the little girl but so chillingly cold at other times, which is a duality I was looking forward to seeing him portray; the way he talked about his wife was unsettling and I'm really curious to see the background on that marriage!

I thought the background why she had to get married with BHs because she was knocked up by BHS. In first episode, there was conversation between cjw and her fake MIL (Gong Mija/GMJ). Mj mocked cjw that cjw's fam is messed, her mom nagged her dad until him die, she got pregnant to catch her son, and than take benefit her son with the birth of their daughter, and accused cjw wants to take money from the rich in law, Mj asked for cjw to consider their relationship were over too, and then cjw always apologize and ask for mj not inform to BHS about their conversation.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mulberry9 said:

The word of mouth among K-netz for this drama is really good. It has been trending on top spot for daily drama for 2 days in a row on naver

And I think tvN is aware about how late the episodes are being aired, as they are promoting the reruns lol

13 minutes ago, smartiegal said:

Hello! I wanna drop by because I found that tvN is doing two replays/reruns of the first two episodes of FOE. Maybe due to demand?

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDVYD7xh4Je/?igshid=s91bhxcaw2fe

August 1 at 2:30 PM KST (Episode 1 & 2)

August 3 at 7:30 PM KST (Episode 1 & 2)

Gosh!!! I wish they could just change their airtime already!! tvN, make it 9pm!!!

• Like 9

On 7/30/2020 at 5:23 PM, Seonhoyaa said:

TBH i think Ji Won is kinda dumb isn't she?! I mean in which world you can find such a perfect husbands. They just don't exist. She should've figured it out already 

I agree with this. She shoulda known in that 14 years that something wasn't right or doesn't fit. Women's intuition...

On 7/30/2020 at 9:08 PM, Sushimi said:

True, I can see that he is loving his family real well, tbh when I hear him saying that she is the love of his life. It feels very real very raw, so I think it’s the truth, but..but, in a way his love for his wife do help to cover up his real story. It’s just one day...that cover will be broken by her..

——

We have questions about him...Like why he left his hometown and why the murder started after he left? Judging from how dramas usually goes, 100% can say that he did not kill that individual in his hometown. Then his parents(?) with the “We are on the same boat.” At first I thought that they have psychopathic genes too, but guess not(?) 

I wonder the hooded man...is it HS?

My guess: the hooded man is the real copycat serial killer. Baek Hee Sung would be suspected or framed and would be kidnapped by the copycat serial killer (the underwater scene). But then Cha Ji Won would solve who the real copycat killer is and save Baek Hee Sung.  Lol 

Edited by MinLyn
Please do not quote images, gifs (including reaction gifs) and videos in your posts. Thank you.
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, hazelyeot said:

Gosh!!! I wish they could just change their airtime already!! tvN, make it 9pm!!!

Not sure if it's normal to do reruns twice within a week? Sometimes they do reruns but only once per-week.

I have to agree that they might as well change the timeslot. The ratings will be affected if they air the drama a few times in a week.  

• Like 10

On 7/30/2020 at 11:36 PM, thingskateknows said:

I'm definitely enjoying this show more after the 2nd episode. There's a lot that the writer is doing with parallels regarding people being two-faced. The social worker in episode 2 and even Ji Won when she was confronting the social worker. It's very interesting.

I don't think Hee Sung/Hyun So is a serial killer - I think his father was and he was painted as a serial killer's son. I think he did kill the foreman because he assaulted his sister. But no one is going to believe the murderer's kids so he went on the run. 

I think this show is going to focus on Ji Won thinking her husband is a killer but he will be shown not to be in the end. 

While I believe he's a psychopath, I also think he does care about his wife and daughter. I think his learning emotions is not just to blend in, but to feel a sense of belonging with them. He was ostracized and bullied when he was younger so he really wants to fit in.

I had to laugh again at some of the things in this episode. He keeps the key to his murder basement in a jar on the bookshelf? The guy who lived with him for 3 years doesn't recognize his voice? Too funny!

I agree with you. Baek Hee Sung killed the village foreman for assaulting his sister.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, andy78 said:

i think all of us want to belive Baek Hee Sung can be saved...that maybe is not so evil ...what can we do?we love the actor too much!!!

In my heart, I know he is not evil but he has been hiding his mental health and dark past from Cha Ji Won. He needs to come clean to her quickly because his past is unfolding and refusing to be a secret any longer. As for Mrs. Baek, will she accept her husband this way inspite of his darkness? Maybe this is truly the essence of love (mentioned in kakao chatroom), acceptance of "real Baek Hee Sung" and forgiveness. 

• Like 10

finished watched ep 1 -- there were parts of it that were actually kind of funny. her cop team and vibe were pretty amusing. she said something about how the wife might have guessed but took the pills because she wanted to believe and then adds she would have done the same. then, the nose guy cop says hilariously that he eats everything his wife give even if it was poison. I cracked up when the kiddo cop said "what is with married people?" hahahhaha.... the nose guy acting like a sniffer dog was kind of amusing. but I liked the dynamic that you have different investigative at play -- the evidence based ji won and the personality sniffer/judge nose cop. then you have kiddo cop who sees merit in both...

lee jun ki looks hot! yay! hahahha... and his 'family' seemed bogus and act like they are all part of a mafia together. had to laugh at the parents' dead expressions when little girl does a pitiful heart and "I love you" routine. but what was more funny was the dinner. no one touched the steak. why, my friend, why?? I haven't gone out to a restaurant for months. I am going to gobble up everything on my plate. who cares about backstabbing, insults and word games. eat the steak first no? plenty of time for word duels no? and metal man is 39? he looks good for 39 no? hahahhaa....

:eats2:

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

As for my spoiler tags, I was trying to give those that had not seen the episodes yet the benefit if they came in here.  Not sure if there is a rule.  I can let it all out if that is fine as well!

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

watching ep 1 and the first scene -- yaaaa, lee jun ki has some really nice feet. pedicure? hahahaha... and woah, that was some kiss! okay... back to watching. will comment later. :lol:

HAHAH...you should have been part of the LJG thread during CM and LL.  We had many LJG feet aficionados what with his newfound hobby of jiu-jitsu and many IG posts. :smirk:

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

finished watched ep 1 -- there were parts of it that were actually kind of funny. her cop team and vibe were pretty amusing. she said something about how the wife might have guessed but took the pills because she wanted to believe and then adds she would have done the same. then, the nose guy cop says hilariously that he eats everything his wife give even if it was poison. I cracked up when the kiddo cop said "what is with married people?" hahahhaha.... the nose guy acting like a sniffer dog was kind of amusing. but I liked the dynamic that you have different investigative at play -- the evidence based ji won and the personality sniffer/judge nose cop. then you have kiddo cop who sees merit in both...

lee jun ki looks hot! yay! hahahha... and his 'family' seemed bogus and act like they are all part of a mafia together. had to laugh at the parents' dead expressions when little girl does a pitiful heart and "I love you" routine. but what was more funny was the dinner. no one touched the steak. why, my friend, why?? I haven't gone out to a restaurant for months. I am going to gobble up everything on my plate. who cares about backstabbing, insults and word games. eat the steak first no? plenty of time for word duels no? and metal man is 39? he looks good for 39 no? hahahhaa....

Agreed.  I liked the humor in Ep 1. And I also like your humor...Nose cop? That is my name for him from now on.  And metal man??????? :Megalol:

Glad to hear they are giving this drama some reruns.  Is that normal though? Am I being too optimistic? 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

Ha! I actually remembered my password lol 

So far, I loved the show. Solid premiere week.  His character is really something lol I love me some dark characters (*cough* Katherine Pierce*cough*) but I honestly doubt he’s a serial killer or he would have killed Moo Jin already. I love how JG kinda fit the timber of his voice according to the situation. And the young Hyun Soo? Kudos to the casting. He really had similarities to the older version. It was a little unsettling to have him talk about the mother of his child like that while carrying said child. Basically called her a fool lol When I rewatched the scene with the meeting of the parents, I thought they actually looked at Eun Ha with pity instead of contempt. 
His whole convo with Moo Jin was quite scary because you could feel the menace in his voice hence the way why MJ always looked like he was gonna poop on his pants everytime HS would say “So?” Lol Still don’t understand why he stayed that long. It was interesting that they showed how MJ attacked him when they were teens. But it seems to me that Hyun Soo broke his finger prior to that and Moo Jin clearly couldn’t go after him by himself hence he had his buddies help him. Coward, hein? Even back then Hyun Soo stated that MJ acted that way because he was afraid of him. That scene in the basement with the hammer and HS tilting his head as he was nonchalantly talking to MJ then telling him to basically not waste his tears cause he is incapable to feel pity, awesomeness! 
The scene with him throwing the doll made me cackle. The look on his face as he did that lol 

Jiwon is about to get a brutal wake up call. She better prepare taking that pill as she claimed in epi 1. And also need to work on the fact that her 5 yrs old told her she can’t do s... lol Though she was full on fierce in episode 2. That chick deserved that beating. 
I can’t wait for the noona to make an appearance. Wouldn’t be nice if she was her father’s real accomplice? Female serial killer ala Urban Legends lol 

Kuddos to the directing and let’s pray the show keeps this quality. Amen!
Let’s enjoy the ride! 

:popcornjackson:

@Lmangla Though on the show he is using a fake identity (Hyun Soo is supposed to be the same age as the reporter who is a year younger than Ji Won) Lee Joon Gi is actually 39 in Korean age so it still fits :joy:

• Like 12

Catching up on all your great theories!!!

and very happy of the positive feedbacks from viewers - it is indeed a great and unique drama!

let’s not forget Kim Ji-hoon , he hasn’t appeared yet.  His role in the drama has been kept quite secretive ... could he be the real killer!?! We just have to wait and see... 

• Like 7

@LyraYoo That convo of Ji Won also shocked me as well. I am all in if Moon Chae Won is actually portraying a psycho as well. I don’t watch a lot of Korean dramas, but her portrayal in Shining Inheritance (as a selfish person) made me anticipate it in case her character profile in Flower of Evil goes one level higher than the former drama mentioned LOL

• Like 8

done watching ep 1 and 2. My goodness its way too awesome!!! LGJ and MCW's acting is great. Aside from their chemistry that is on fire! :evilelmo:

I feel like there is also something with Jiwon. I don't know its just a hunch, I dont even have a definite proof. Can we move Wednesday and Thursday tomorrow?? :bashful:

• Like 16