[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

After reading all 33 pages:

At first I was getting strong basic instinct vibes and then it went all melodrama on me to turn around and throw a pure crime/thriller drama in my face.

I am confused! GIF where am i lost confused - animated GIF on GIFER - by Thogelv

I am intrigued, but this is really dark. I will probably wait until all episodes are out before watching this. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

From the few clips I have seen...JG & MCW seem adorable together at the Press Conference.

Are they any articles to click and like etc? I only saw one on Naver. 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=640&aid=0000002433

I love that we have a poll...but it's so black/white.  I feel like the story will lie in the grey area inbetween. 

And I sense that HeeSung has comparmentalized his life depending on whom he is with at the time. And he will have to make some key choices. I hope JG is correct and this drama is filled with a puzzle-like complicated storyline. So we keep guessing if he's good or evil. OR at least we keep guessing where it's all headed. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@bbong09 @stella77

I think I'm torn. I think both twists would be nice. On the other hand redemption stories can be weak when not written well. I have a good feeling with this drama though. But only the drama and time will tell. :D

I agree and him being a real serial killer might be also hard to accept for us fans but either way what I really want is a well written script. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

17 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Waaah, so great to see you here! :D Let's enjoy this drama and the discussions here as well.

:heythere: Hopefully we will enjoy it and not be sobbing pools of water. anime crying gifs | WiffleGif 

but after watching the teasers and the trailers I have no high hopes. "Oh, my prophetic soul!" What have I gotten my self into. :headbang:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1414304wpp/lee-joon-gi-and-moon-chae-won-describe-reuniting-for-new-drama-flower-of-evil-as-a-dream-come-true-and-destiny

Lee Joon Gi And Moon Chae Won Describe Reuniting For New Drama “Flower Of Evil” As “A Dream Come True” And “Destiny”

by J. K | Jul 22, 2020

C6DC2328-DD79-47EC-B1A2-E3864397E5CE.png

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won talked about reuniting for their new mystery drama “Flower of Evil”!

On July 22, a press conference was broadcast on YouTube for the upcoming tvN Wednesday-Thursday drama. The show stars Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won as married couple Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won. As Baek Hee Sung tries to hide his past while pretending to love his wife, detective Cha Ji Won begins to grow suspicious of her husband and starts searching for the truth.

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won are reuniting for the show after starring together in the 2017 tvN drama “Criminal Minds,” a remake of the American series.

At the press conference, “Flower of Evil” director Kim Chul Gyu described the new show as a mix of mystery and romance drama, complete with many shocking incidents and thrilling scenes.

Lee Joon Gi is making his return to the small screen two years after his last starring role in “Lawless Lawyer,” and he shared that he was feeling very excited and nervous about it. “There’s some pressure that goes along with it too,” he said. “In particular, when I first got the script for this show I thought, ‘This really won’t be easy.'” He explained that he’s putting a lot of thought into how he approaches the role.

He continued, “I have to show him as the head of a household and as a married man, and the script made me think a lot about whether I would be able to right away convey the considerable persistence and pain of someone who’s hiding the truth. When I received the casting offer, the first person I called was Moon Chae Won. She said, ‘He’s a very charming character so I think you should take on the challenge,’ so I met with the director.”

Lee Joon Gi said that he thought it would be worth trying such a role once, and he said that he had relied a lot on the director.

“I’m nervous and excited to see how it will look in the show,” he commented. “All actors are scared with every project about things like copying themselves. I think I probably feel like that because I’ve done many different projects, but I’m trying to forget that kind of thing and focus on the new character. I’m preparing step by step so that I can immerse myself on set. I hope you will have fun watching it and not approach it too seriously.”

D56A3118-6E94-474B-A3BD-E0C429C990E6.jpg

Moon Chae Won is also making a television comeback over two years since “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter.”

“For the first time in a few years, I found a drama that I wanted to do,” she said. “I ended up able to meet Kim Chul Gyu, whom I’d been wanting to work with on a project, and I was able to work together again with Lee Joon Gi. I’m like this about every project, but I’m doing my best while feeling a lot of affection for the drama. I want us to wrap up everything well.”

E5FE50C3-EA8E-41B7-8FD1-61267FF3237A.jpg

The two stars also talked about working together again three years after “Criminal Minds.”

“The genre and story itself are different,” said Lee Joon Gi. “In ‘Criminal Minds,’ the focus was that we were taking on cases as professional profilers. We were working together as team members who would bicker as they focused on incidents and solved crimes. It was fun to make a genre work, but I did always feel like it was a bit of a waste to just be solving cases with an actress who’s so talented and beautiful.”

“Although Moon Chae Won is still young, I’m getting on in years so I thought that if we did a romance drama together when I’m still young, we’d have good synergy,” he said. “There were things I gained through that drama too, but that part was a bit of a shame.”

“I wondered when we’d be able to meet again, and then we ended up reuniting in another difficult drama,” he said. “I’d thought about what it would be like to meet in a cheerful and light romance, but we’re not even dating, we’re a married couple. On one hand, I was very excited and nervous. I was happy and thought about what kind of chemistry we’d have, what new emotions we could create, and how we could satisfy the viewers. I’m having fun while filming but I do also worry about each scene. Anyway, I’m happy that my dream has come true.”

Moon Chae Won shared, “I remember how there was a big boom in Korean films when I was in high school. After school, I’d go to the theater to watch a lot of movies and dream of being an actress. ‘The King and the Clown‘ was in theaters then, and it elevated Korean films. I watched the movie and looked up Lee Joon Gi online at an internet cafe. My friends were really into him at the time, and I was the same way. When I first worked with him three years ago, I thought, ‘Wow, I’m working with an actor I used to see on screen at the movie theater,’ and ‘You never know what will happen in life.'”

“This is my first time acting as a wife and as someone with a child, but since I’m acting this out together with Lee Joon Gi, I think we were destined to reunite in another project,” she said.

“Flower of Evil” premieres on July 29, and it will be available on Viki! Check out a teaser below:

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

9QCBVuY.gif

I'm ready for Hee Sung to fool me completely. At least I hope the storyline allows for us to fully question his intentions all along. Does he love her or not? Is he a pawn to his parents or not? Can we trust anything he says....or not? That takes some great writing and some phenomenal acting. But the producers planning notes http://program.tving.com/tvn/evilflower/2/Contents/Html make it sound like a more redemptive storyline. <<granted I am really trying not to read too much>> 

And how do we get to win those signed posters??? :coolshades:

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@partyon 
# he is psychopath, Who loving her turn him to a lamb , now want to keep his flower kingdom intact

My friend, I'm getting Silence of the Lambs vibes from your gifs, not him turning into a lamb vibes :D 

At the moment it seems like  the majority of who have voted think that Baek Hee Sung is a killer....

Let's see!

@Helena Thank you for the Soompi article. It was interesting to read what Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi had to say about each other and Flower of Evil.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

the trailer of flower of evil really reached my expectation they give me the vibes of unconditonal love,...the nature to be inlove and how to be love the story that you will surely not get tired to watch every episode are all intriquing and mostly theyre intense romance with full of heavy emotion and so much pain to finding the truth

i think the evil... is his family not baek hee sung..maybe... no further explination because iam still clueless,mix emotion....that means we need to watch them when the premier of flower of evil get started..

the only truth i know baek hee sung really love her wife so dearly,...he need his wife in his life to survive in the world even though he is a psycho...maybe his different to other who feel love but for them loving action are anything that gives good feeling to his wife and also a sign that he loved her

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

19 hours ago, Jillia said:

Oh MY! That kiss though...

That nacked back though

Quite a steaming scene, :omg:but doesn’t  the camera usually focuses on the female in scenes like this- But director chose to show JG ‘Skin instead:crazily:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

12 hours ago, partyon said:

At the moment it seems like  the majority of who have voted think that Baek Hee Sung is a killer....

Let's see!

(sorry for cutting your post)

I think most of us that think he is a killer want to be proven wrong. Although it would be nice to see Lee Joon Gi play the bad guy and not the misunderstood guy. :shaq:

• Like 10

@jazz85 I also feel like his family is the real evil and he is covering up their crimes because they did some favour to him by adopting him or something else. From the trailer it seemed like his family knows about his past deeds. The reporter said in the trailer that he climbed social ladder so It is also possible that his family has some secret and BHS got to know about it and then he used it to force them to adopt him so that he could live a normal life. 

About the poll, Baek Hee Sung is anything but a little lamb :lol: But I think he genuinely feels something for his wife even if it is not love. I don't have any idea how they are going to justify murders but I hope they show he is feeling regret or remorse throughout the drama otherwise it will be difficult for viewers to like him.

• Like 11

I really can't wait for this drama.  LJG  and MCW chemistry is off the chart. As a LJG's fan for 15 years i approve of this two to go from reel to real lol. JK i'm not really into this shipping business but this two are just the opposite i think they complement each other. Anyway i'm here for the story it seems pretty interesting.

Regarding the votes how people think he's a psychopath but loves his wife dearly at the same time :rubchin:

I think he's psychopath but not a serial killer though and that's in itself very sad as it makes all his feeling towards his family fake. And of course he doesn't love her either.

The fact this drama is mostly melodrama makes me think the crimes wouldn't be the main focus and so there's lesser chance of him being killer but i'm not sure tbh. 

Edited by Seonhoyaa
  • Like 11

Judging by the lengthy trailer I sense a sad ending.... ahhh I hate sad ending. I don't do sad endings. My weak heart is bummed already :( don't wanna bore you guy to death with my sorrowful ranting so lemme change the gears lol

So 4th prince is now a psychopath ha?! Wowza!! I'm shocked *tongue-tied* I purposely kept myself away from plot details & spoilers so it came in as quite a shock. Good kinda shock btw since it allows the actor to broaden his spectrum and explore new dimension as a performer. I'm excited to see this shady side of him. Being a huge fan of villainish roles & grey shaded characters, I'm in for a fun ride. It's gonna be fun!

Hope the drama lives up to the expectations *fingers crossed*

• Like 10

- EPISODE 01 teaser -

BRU1UCv.gif

Lee Joon Gi Issues A Warning To Whoever Threatens His Current Peace In “Flower Of Evil” Teaser

TvN has revealed another teaser for upcoming drama “Flower of Evil”!

The drama stars Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won as married couple Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won. As Baek Hee Sung tries to hide his past while pretending to love his wife, detective Cha Ji Won begins to grow suspicious of her husband and starts searching for the truth.

The teaser opens with a glimpse of Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won’s happy family. Cha Ji Won is completely smitten with her “perfect” husband Baek Hee Sung, and she asks, “You must still adore me so much, huh?” However, things take a drastic turn when his own mother (Nam Gi Ae) demands, “How can someone dirty like you be fated with a detective?”

Cha Ji Won starts to delve deeper into an unsolved murder mystery, and Baek Hee Sung seems uneasy as he silently watches from her side. Reporter Kim Moo Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) warns Baek Hee Sung that it’s only a matter of time before he’s caught, and Baek Hee Sung threatens to kill him if Cha Ji Won finds out what he knows.

It seems like Cha Ji Won will stop at nothing to reveal the truth, and Baek Hee Sung will not just stand by and watch anyone shatter his peaceful family.

Credit News Source: Soompi

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200723000658
Lee Joon-ki, Moon Chae-won partner for marriage suspense in ‘The Flower of Evil’

By Choi Ji-won | Jul 25, 2020

19685D23-A6F4-425B-8DBA-90FCEAD9831C.jpg
Lead cast members of new tvN series “The Flower of Evil” -- (from left) Jang Hee-jin, Lee Joon-ki, Moon Chae-won and Seo Hyeon-woo -- pose for a picture at a promotional event Wednesday. (tvN)

Lee Joon-ki and Moon Chae-won are returning to the small screen in the upcoming tvN series “The Flower of Evil.” 

Lee, Moon, producer Kim Chul-kyu and supporting actors Jang Hee-jin and Seo Hyeon-woo attended a promotional event for the drama series on Wednesday. The event was livestreamed due to concerns over the new coronavirus.

This is the second time Lee and Moon are teaming up in a TV drama, following tvN’s “Criminal Mind” -- a remake of the popular American series of the same title -- in 2017. While the two actors had teamed up as partner crime profilers in the previous series, they will star as married parents in the latest drama.

Baek Hee-sung (Lee) has used his love for wife Cha Ji-won (Moon) to hide a deep hidden truth about himself. Cha, a detective, starts to doubt that her husband may not be the kindhearted man she had known for the past 14 years, but actually a heinous serial killer. Jang takes up the role of the daughter of a convicted murderer and Seo plays a journalist chasing a scoop.

“I’m returning after two years. I’m excited yet burdened,” Lee said at the press event. “I thought that this piece won’t be easy from reading the script for the first time. I put in much time thinking about how I should take up the role as an actor and complete this puzzle-like story. I’m also enjoying the process like a game, and I hope the viewers can also indulge the diverse stories of love, trust and betrayal in ‘The Flower of Evil.’”

Moon, also returning to the small screen two years since the webtoon-based “Tale of Fairy” from the same network, said, “I’ve found a drama that I’ve really wanted to do.”

C30D0DDC-6941-4999-9C26-ED96FCEF0FF8.jpg
Poster for “The Flower of Evil” (tvN)

“I usually prefer traditional melodrama, but most of the recent dramas don’t seem to take just one genre but involve elements of genre -- dramas such as horror or fantasy. I found the balance of genre and melodrama of ‘The Flower of Evil’ natural,” Moon added.

“While shocking events continue inside the story and suspenseful events take place, the lead characters, chasing breathlessly after the truth, will recover their love and relationship in the process,” producer Kim said. 

The producer’s previous hits at the cable network include “Emergency Couple” (2014), “On the Way to the Airport” (2016) and “Mother” (2018). 

The upcoming 16-episode series airs Wednesday and Thursday at 10:50 p.m. starting next week. 

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1