[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

2 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

So was I , grinning all the way through even though not understanding a thing they were saying, seeing Joon Gi on screen was just enough and his voice ...ahhh

After watching the teasers/trailers (whatever you call them) - Flower of Evil is beyond my expectation ! It's going to be awesome!!

Director nim is so "simpatico" nice, sweet and adorable and of course our two leads :wub: ... wondering why they were giggling so much, so shy and I think I saw JG blushing too...:P

Patiently waiting for subs and thank you to those who are taking the time in translating the press conference - your labour of love is much appreciated.

The reason JG was so embarassed and blushing and that one part is because of this conversation: :lol::P

Spoiler

JG hearing CW talk about "King and the Clown" made him feel old 

To anyone who wants to know a rough translation of the press con, you can check this thread by gunman (@jg_k_drama) on twitter: 

PS: The translation aren't perfext because she was live tweeting earlier but she promised she will try to sub the whole thing properly later. A huge thank you for having her in the JG Fandom. She translates so much content and so fast too :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Love 8

@kekeke09, thank you, thank YOU !!!

Aww, JG is not that much older... He is about 5 years older than MCW, right? And King and the Clown came out in 2005...

But anyway what a cute conversation!

Also , love what MCW was wearing - I like glitters:P

• Like 9

mydaily | 2020. 07. 22
Lee Jun Ki, Moon Chae Won to be married couple in "The Flower of Evil"

F4E01E29-9D68-43F9-AF20-69349C6CC402.jpg
Photo = tvN

Actors Lee Jun Ki and Moon Chae Won had the chance to reunite and co-star in a "heavyweight" drama of the sensational thriller genre.

The press conference of the new Wed-Thu drama "The Flower of Evil" (tvN cable channel), which took place at 2 pm (KST) July 22, was broadcast live via the online channel. The press conference had the presence of director Kim Cheol Kyu and actors Lee Jun Ki, Moon Chae Won, Jang Hee Jin, Seo Hyun Woo, etc.

"The Flower of Evil'' is a sensational thriller film revolving around two characters who are facing the truth they want to avoid, Baek Hee Sung (played by Lee Jun Ki) - the man who pretends even in love - and his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won) - who begins to have suspicions about the identity of her husband.

0DFBD03D-26B5-4091-88D7-7D4A9F5E3DF8.jpg
Photo = tvN

At the press conference, PD Kim Cheol Kyu expressed his satisfaction when sharing his reasons for choosing the four actors, "They have strong personalities and distinctive colors. At first glance, this combination seems to match each other, but watching the filming set, you will see they create such perfect balance. These distinctive colors not only do not affect each other but help fully promote the strengths of each person and the co-stars."

74BA64E3-06B3-4773-B95B-4F82D8053C35.jpg
Photo = tvN

Baek Hee Sung, played by Lee Jun Ki, is thought to be a family man who devotes himself to his wife and children but turns out to be an emotionless person lying to them in order to gain his current life. "The Flower of Evil" is Lee Jun Ki's next work 2 years after the drama "Lawless Lawyer". 

He expressed thoughts, "I feel extremely aflutter, and it's also why I'm a quite pressured. Right after I received the script, I guessed this work will not be an easy thing. Since the beginning so far, when the filming stage is in process, as an actor, I've still been pondering what kind of attitude I should have when acting and whether or not I can catch up with the puzzle-like complicated storyline."

Lee Jun Ki confided, "When I first received the script, I found it difficult. I have to show the image of the head of a family, and also have to show the romance of a husband towards his wife. Because he wants to protect the present after going through a devastating past, this character became harsh and stubborn, making me wonder if I can immediately express all of his hardship. When I asked Moon Chae Won, she said, "I think I can totally try this film." After meeting the director, I heard many diverse stories and expected that this work would be worth challenging myself once in my life as an actor. Therefore, I decided to choose this film."

Spoiler

9803D45E-C68B-48AB-9B10-AAB5380E213D.jpg

Photo = tvN

Cha Ji Won is a strong and competent policeman who always draws a clear line between work and family and has a desirable life with an honest husband. Moon Chae Won showed her determination to play this role, "I was given a chance to act in a drama I really like and want to join for a long time. Also, I once again team up with Lee Jun Ki - my co-acting senior in a previous work - and director Kim Cheol Kyu - whom I wanted to collaborate with. This is the long-awaited comeback drama I put all efforts and love into. I want to pull off this drama until the last minute."

In particular, the actress further introduced, "Details that match my interest appeared quite a lot in the drama 'The Flower of Evil. Also, I normally like a drama with this structure. I'm really into the orthodox melodrama, but recently, instead of works that bet their success with only one genre, there have appeared many mishmash dramas that combine different genres. In my point of view, the genre and the melo vibe in 'The Flower of Evil' have created a very natural and harmonious combination."

Spoiler

1A65F8B6-2072-4AC6-A270-1AFB1A617CA0.jpg

Photo = tvN

Lee Jun Ki, who reunited with co-star Moon Chae Won after "Criminal Minds" and acted as a married couple with her in this new production, aroused the atmosphere of the press conference with funny stories, "When acting in 'Criminal Minds', we met each other like teammates who solved the cases and quarreled often, so the film was interesting because we gradually formed its genre. But it's wasteful to only solve criminal cases with such a talented, beautiful actress." Afterward, Lee Jun Ki cracked everyone up when admitting, "I want to play a rom-com film when I'm still young, and I probably create synergy when I co-star with Moon Chae Won. However, we've become a married couple in a somewhat difficult production. On the one hand, I feel nervously look forward to it. It's fun to film without knowing which chemistry will come out between us, but I always had to ponder about every scene. My dream has come true."

Hearing so, Moon Chae Won mentioned the movie "The King and the Clown" shown when she was a high school student. The actress showed her satisfaction, "At that time, after watching the film, I searched the name of actor Lee Jun Ki at the PC room. I once told this story when we co-acted in a work 3 years ago. This is the first time I have acted as a married couple with another actor and that one is Lee Jun Ki, so I thought we had a destined reunion. I am acting with him without any regrets."

Spoiler

9D937BBF-979C-46F9-9CF1-9F86CC06183E.jpg

Photo = tvN

Jang Hee Jin, who portrays Do Hae Soo, a serial killer's daughter struggling alone to cope with pressure due to her family's terrible story, expressed her feelings about participating in the work, saying, "I once played many gloomy roles before, but this character gives me a fresh feeling since it is a completely different kind of gloom. The atmosphere of the shooting site is also quite pleasant and cheerful, so I was full of expectations and hopes during the filming." Next, Seo Hyun Woo, who takes the role of reporter Kim Moo Jin in the drama, called for the audience's interest and expectations, saying, "My character is obsessed with the number of viewers and followers on his articles, so he is torn between his conscience and getting hot news when facing an incident. The audience will surely feel anxious and tense when watching the film's highlight video. In particular, I'm also grateful to the director for giving me a role that has around the same age as mine."

Finally, PD Kim Cheol Kyu pointed out the worth watching points of "The Flower of Evil", "This is an exciting work with many novel, unique and unpredictable features. The audiences can enjoy the drama by just following the flow of the storyline without thinking hard."

Reporter Park Woo Jin yjpark@mydaily.co.kr
- ⓒMydaily(www.mydaily.co.kr). Illegal reproduction and distribution strictly prohibited  -
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 5
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 2

Ahhhh... :fullofhearts:I love the fact they always face each other when they're talking... the body language though....just like in their one-on-one interview about each other from a previous clip of TVN.

Oh-la-la, when I see them smooching, I was :luvarrow:. They better compensate me for the lack of intimate scenes they had in Criminal Minds... HAHAHA.

Here's gunman jg's subbed version of the 5-min highlight too ~~

• Like 6
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 3

Poll time.... Flower of Evil: truly evil or innocent like a lamb.....?

Flower-Of-Evil-poster-drama-3-680x384.jp

Let's have a little bit of fun speculating before the drama starts airing on July 29th.

I've put together a few questions in a poll.

1) Is Baek Hee Sung truly evil or is he innocent?

2) Does Baek Hee Sung love his wife or is he faking it....?

3) Are you hoping for a happy drama ending?

Remember, there are no right or wrong answers at this point in time, as the drama hasn't even started yet. :joy: This is just for fun and it will be interesting to compare the answers once we've reached the end of the drama.

The poll closes this week's Saturday 25/7. Once you've voted, you can't change your answer anymore.

(Note! There are no rewards for guessing correctly except for fame and glory. Also, @Lawyerh @Ameera Ali no one will be penalized for a wrong answer. :joy:)

Tagging a few people who have been active on this drama thread - feel free to tag anyone missing from my post. (tag: @snowlou @Lmangla)

@patheticsane @jazz85 @-Love Blossom- @beyaruth @pixelsticks @hazelyeot @chickfactor @chrisgm @MVM @stella77 @aisling @jeonghyang @bombshellchick1@happyfanlgx @sal2 @Erika Song @skyangel

@LyraYoo @whiteclover @lightbringer06 @Sushimi @triplem @Jillia @lydliem @Jemrie @Tuiwgn

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 1

Gooosh, I loved the 5 minute highlight!!! I can't waiiit! Thanks to jg gunman, I've read the transcript of the press con and I am convinced that this drama will be really really good and that somehow (maybe) Baek Hee Sung is not a serial killer or maybe he really did kill but he does feel remorse over it maybe not because of his victims but to himself! I am all in for this drama, I loved how they kept highlighting healing and that all of us have seeds of evil in the interview. This is one is going to be really really good, I can't wait!!

Finishing my projects before this drama airs!!! xDD 

• Like 7
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1

Oh I just did the survey and I am going in with a very realistic POV that he is probably a killer in the past and may not know how to love or has fake it and that the show will focus on the angst. I am ok with any ending as long as it makes sense/quality etc. 

Now that I see the results of the survey, I am surprised - many thinks he’s innocent, loving and high expectations for the romance!! 

:cutekitty:

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, partyon said:

Poll time.... Flower of Evil: truly evil or innocent like a lamb.....?

@partyon yay thanks for starting this event! It'll be interesting to look back at this again once the drama ends. Hahah, have made my choices ^^ 

Based on the trailers, rather than a psychopath, Heesung feels more like a sociopath? I believe he gmight have gotten together with Jiwon, not knowing what love is. But like the Director said at the press conference, Heesung has evil seeds within him. But when Heesung meets Jiwon he learns love and becomes 'good'. So i believe while part of the love was pretending, he did eventually fall in love with Jiwon, enough for him to feel bad for her meeting him (based on trailer dialogue). Since it seems like he does have some conscience, for him to feel sorry / guilt, the preliminary looks of it is that Hee Sung is a sociopath, since psychopaths have no conscience.

I feel that Heesung may not be innocent. He may not have killed, but he could have played a part in it, aka accomplice? On the flip side, he may have had a compelling motive for him to kill? I am not sure what kind of ending will be satisfying, so i'll continue guessing. I am guessing probably Heesung will own up to his sins, repent and restart a new life with his actual identity together with Jiwon and their daughter? :) if not, maybe either one of them will die in the end? 

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

42 minutes ago, partyon said:

2) Does Baek Hee Sung love his wife or is he faking it....?

3) Are you hoping for a happy drama ending?

Remember, there are no right or wrong answers at this point in time, as the drama hasn't even started yet. :joy: This is just for fun and it will be interesting to compare the answers once we've reached the end of the drama.

I am torn... HAHA... for 1), I kinda want him to be a bit innocent with a touch of evilness. So it may go, yes, he probably did kill someone either intentionally or not in the past, but not really a serial killer.  2) Of course, he truly loves his wife, may not realize it but he will/does. 3) I want a happy ending for them because they are after all a family, but I would  love the angst in the process ... rawr :coolshades:. Will do the poll later... XD

• Like 8
  • Love 2

40 minutes ago, partyon said:

Let's have a little bit of fun speculating before the drama starts airing on July 29th.

@partyon   This one is sooo hard to pick  because I am feeling that Baek Hee Sung is not truly evil, yet not totally innocent either....:unsure:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, partyon said:

kekeke... for fun, can chingus can also show off if they got it completely right or completely wrong after the drama started? LOL. so flower of evil -- therefore, post a pic of a flower if they win. and post a pic of a table if they lose because there was some poster of them having a staring contest while sitting on sides of a table. hahahhaha... my randomness! :lol:

@partyon ~ I found the options to question 3 hilarious. so there are only 2 options? either lovey dovey ness or total angst? nothing in between?

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

14 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

Based on the trailers, rather than a psychopath, Heesung feels more like a sociopath? I believe he gmight have gotten together with Jiwon, not knowing what love is. But like the Director said at the press conference, Heesung has evil seeds within him. But when Heesung meets Jiwon he learns love and becomes 'good'. So i believe while part of the love was pretending, he did eventually fall in love with Jiwon, enough for him to feel bad for her meeting him (based on trailer dialogue). Since it seems like he does have some conscience, for him to feel sorry / guilt, the preliminary looks of it is that Hee Sung is a sociopath, since psychopaths have no conscience.

@whiteclover That's an interesting viewpoint! It brings out the question whether psychopaths and sociopaths can feel love and/or can be reformed. Do you have any thoughts on that? :)

14 minutes ago, whiteclover said:

I feel that Heesung may not be innocent. He may not have killed, but he could have played a part in it, aka accomplice? On the flip side, he may have had a compelling motive for him to kill? I am not sure what kind of ending will be satisfying, so i'll continue guessing. I am guessing probably Heesung will own up to his sins, repent and restart a new life with his actual identity together with Jiwon and their daughter? :) if not, maybe either one of them will die in the end? 

Ooh, that's a pretty plausible ending that one of them dies. Would one classify that as a happy or a sad ending?

9 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

I am torn... HAHA... for 1), I kinda want him to be a bit innocent with a touch of evilness. So it may go, yes, he probably did kill someone either intentionally or not in the past, but not really a serial killer.  2) Of course, he truly loves his wife, may not realize it but he will/does. 3) I want a happy ending for them because they are after all a family, but I would  love the angst in the process ... rawr . Will do the poll later... XD

Thanks for your thoughts @lightbringer06 ! These are tough questions no one has any answers to (yet).

8 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

@partyon   This one is sooo hard to pick  because I am feeling that Baek Hee Sung is not truly evil, yet not totally innocent either....:unsure:

Hmmm.... You are right @Tuiwgn ! As I was answering the poll, I thought that it would have been nice to have a third option... That BHS is not a psychopath but that he did something wrong.

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... for fun, can chingus can also show off if they got it completely right or completely wrong after the drama started? LOL. so flower of evil -- therefore, post a pic of a flower if they win. and post a pic of a table if they lose because there was some poster of them having a staring contest while sitting on sides of a table. hahahhaha... my randomness! :lol:

@partyon ~ I found the options to question 3 hilarious. so there are only 2 options? either lovey dovey ness or total angst? nothing in between?

Good idea @Lmangla! :D

Yes, there is no gray in Flower of Evil. Only black or white :D

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

That's an interesting viewpoint! It brings out the question whether psychopaths and sociopaths can feel love and/or can be reformed. Do you have any thoughts on that? :)

Just a disclaimer, i am not in the psychology field so i may be wrong >< but i do have my thoughts on this! to simplify my viewpoint i shall just use the term ASPD because clinically, these 2 are hard to differentiate.

I think this is a difficult question because it's actually really hard to define what love really is? Love itself is interpreted differently by different people. I think in the case of ASPD they can feel love, but their definition of love and the subsequent actions resulting from it will be different from the societal perception/ norm of love? Let's also not forget ASPD beings tend to put themselves above others aka self-serving, meaning that they act base on their own needs and desires without consideration of others' feelings. If we were to talk about "normal" love, then i don't really think ASPD beings can really feel/have true love? Because in a "normal" love, it shouldn't be self-centred/ self-serving. Meaning you will be willing to put your other half before you, and consider their feelings in your decisions? However, maybe in "abnormal" love, that's their perception of love? I think it's also interesting to note that ASPD may be good at pretending to be in love if their partner is someone that will be useful / or will serve them some form of purpose in their self-serving journey. Of course, i believe there are still positive outcomes in the case where the healthier partner elludes a positive influence on their partner. Probably it will be so in this drama when Hee Sung learns to love, and wants to become a better person?

However, i do believe they can be reformed. I believe it is of course important to first recognize  yourself that you want to change! I think this applies to all forms of mental issues? It may be a bit more tricky with ASPD beings because they often don't recognize a problem with themselves, but instead believe it's others that needs to change. 

Of course, all these are just my own thoughts. I am no expert in psychology, but i am interested in knowing more!! Hope to hear more viewpoints on this of course or please feel free to correct if i had made any erroneous statements. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, stella77 said:

Oh I just did the survey and I am going in with a very realistic POV that he is probably a killer in the past and may not know how to love or has fake it and that the show will focus on the angst. I am ok with any ending as long as it makes sense/quality etc. 

Now that I see the results of the survey, I am surprised - many thinks he’s innocent, loving and high expectations for the romance!!

I want to be surprised and want him to be a real killer. I think this would be more interesting. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1