Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

8 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

I don't know if this is true, I didn't check tvN schedule, but looks like they are deciding if it will air on the 8 at 11pm or on the 22 at 9pm...

The 11pm timeslot is too late and I have seen many Korean viewers complain about that. 

11pm is way too late, Flower of Evil deserves a better time slot, please please 9pm. We want this drama to have a good rating. 
 

I know we fans don’t care about ratings but it is important for the actors...

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jillia said:

But why would someone marry a cop, especially Cha Ji Won, without loving her?! Like I can't believe Baek Hee Sung doesn't love Cha Ji Won.

Drama not even airing yet and I'm already dramatic! :lol:

 

I feel you.... In the same boat here :joy:  Baek Hee Sung most probably loves Cha Ji Won - it would take the world's most talented actor times 10 to fake love for 14 years. He probably faked it in the beginning, though, because he needed her to escape his past. He probably still needs her in order for his true character to stay hidden - it doesn't mean that he doesn't love her though.

 

Anyway I came running to this thread to see the translations of the teasers I just saw on Instagram. Thank you @beyaruth ! :kiss_wink:

 

The more teasers we are shown, the more I get the feel that this drama will really be a heartbreaking one. And that the ending might not be a heartwarming ending where the couple realize that they really love each other and want to stay married to each other.

This might turn into a full fledged psychological thriller, and a lot of the times the suspected bad guy really turns out to be a bad guy....

 

Anyway, it's too early to tell until we see the first few episodes - I got my tissues and my ice cream ready. :joy:

  • Like 12
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

11pm is way too late, Flower of Evil deserves a better time slot, please please 9pm. We want this drama to have a good rating. 
 

I know we fans don’t care about ratings but it is important for the actors...

they do deserve a better timeslot..

had to look tvn schedule and on wednesdays they air "you quiz on the block" at 9pm, but this variety show always broadcasted at 11pm, this is their first season on earlier hour...

and they had "hospital playlist" on thursdays at 9pm, but haven't announce any drama to follow yet.

i'm being hopeful they have been discussing to switch their airing time, and that is the reason they haven't release a date yet. 

  • Like 12
  • Insightful 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

They look like a perfect happily married couple in the teasers. I can't imagine how devastated Cha Ji Won would be when she realises that her husband of 14 years and father of her child is lying and is not what she thinks him to be :tears:

 

@Jillia Agree why would a psychopath or someone who wants to hide something will marry a cop and then stay in that marriage for 14 years? His character poster says I need her and in the script reading he says something like she seems easy to him so maybe he believes even though she is a cop she wouldn't suspect him because she is madly in love with him and trust him completely so he married her deliberately and marrying a cop means he is removing most of people's doubts as only a fool or a genius will marry a cop and Baek Hee Sung seems to be the latter one. Or Cha Ji Won is somehow related to his past so he keeping check on her so that she doesn't find anything against him.

 

It's fine if they air it at the end of July. The premise is unique and the actors must have done a great job so I don't want it to be ignored just because of timeslot. 

  • Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2020 at 3:51 AM, hazelyeot said:

I don't know if this is true, I didn't check tvN schedule, but looks like they are deciding if it will air on the 8 at 11pm or on the 22 at 9pm...

The 11pm timeslot is too late and I have seen many Korean viewers complain about that. 

 

World of the Married was on11pm timeslot. Most of the best rated cable drama were mostly in that timeslot.

 

Hope it will work for FOE in whatever timeslot. I can’t wait for July. 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

 

World of the Married was on11pm timeslot. Most of the best rated cable drama were mostly in that timeslot.

 

Hope it will work for FOE in whatever timeslot. I can’t wait for July. 

 

But you have to consider the day. Yes, the best rated cable dramas you're talking about, "Sky Castle" and "World of the Married", both of which are from JTBC, aired at 11pm BUT they are slotted for FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS. It's actually the perfect sched and time slot for those shows as most people are out or doing something until late at night (#TGIF & #It'sFinallyTheWeekend). Most people have the luxury and attention span to watch and indulge in something even if it's late at night. While for "Flower of Evil" they're slotted for WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY. It's risky airing it at 11pm as most people have either work or school the following day. Just my 2 scents :)

 

P. S. Does TVN have a Fri-Sat sched? If not, i wish they had one. They could try scheduling FOE there. 

  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, kekeke09 said:

 

But you have to consider the day. Yes, the best rated cable dramas you're talking about, "Sky Castle" and "World of the Married", both of which are from JTBC, aired at 11pm BUT they are slotted for FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS. It's actually the perfect sched and time slot for those shows as most people are out or doing something until late at night (#TGIF & #It'sFinallyTheWeekend). Most people have the luxury and attention span to watch and indulge in something even if it's late at night. While for "Flower of Evil" they're slotted for WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY. It's risky airing it at 11pm as most people have either work or school the following day. Just my 2 scents :)

 

P. S. Does TVN have a Fri-Sat sched? If not, i wish they had one. They could try scheduling FOE there. 

I agree. They only recently restarted having the Wed/Thurs 11pm timeslot with Memorist and Oh My Baby and both had/have been getting lower ratings and lesser hype than they deserve. 

I thought they would have taken a hint from that and remove that timeslot but they’re still promoting Flower of Evil as Oh My Baby’s follow-up project. 

 

As much as I hope they change the timeslot, if they’re promoting it this way then most likely we’ll just get Flower of Evil at the same timing as Oh My Baby... praying for a miracle still.

Edited by fox17
  • Like 10
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, kekeke09 said:

 

But you have to consider the day. Yes, the best rated cable dramas you're talking about, "Sky Castle" and "World of the Married", both of which are from JTBC, aired at 11pm BUT they are slotted for FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS. It's actually the perfect sched and time slot for those shows as most people are out or doing something until late at night (#TGIF & #It'sFinallyTheWeekend). Most people have the luxury and attention span to watch and indulge in something even if it's late at night. While for "Flower of Evil" they're slotted for WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY. It's risky airing it at 11pm as most people have either work or school the following day. Just my 2 scents :)

 

P. S. Does TVN have a Fri-Sat sched? If not, i wish they had one. They could try scheduling FOE there. 

 

:) I think 11pm is all right for this type of drama. The plot is quite heavy and suited for mature audience.

 

It’s going to be replacing Oh My Baby, I think, though not doing very well but I hope FOE will do better. 

 

Hope supporters won’t worry too much about rating. Let’s enjoy the drama. There are many people who watch programs using an app now, and necessily watching the drama during usual broadcast. Though of course I would be more than delighted if the rating would be high. 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

 

:) I think 11pm is all right for this type of drama. The plot is quite heavy and suited for mature audience.

 

It’s going to be replacing Oh My Baby, I think, though not doing very well but I hope FOE will do better. 

 

Hope supporters won’t worry too much about rating. Let’s enjoy the drama. There are many people who watch programs using an app now, and necessily watching the drama during usual broadcast. Though of course I would be more than delighted if the rating would be high. 

 

Airing it at 9pm is still a sweet spot for the show to air even if it's for mature audiences. Also, I don't think there's nothing wrong wanting higher ratings. If the story and performance are great, I don't think getting 1-3% ratings is fair or even justifiable after all that hard work. Sometimes a well thought out timing makes a huge difference and could give a boost. 

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kekeke09 said:

 

Airing it at 9pm is still a sweet spot for the show to air even if it's for mature audiences. Also, I don't think there's nothing wrong wanting higher ratings. If the story and performance are great, I don't think getting 1-3% ratings is fair or even justifiable after all that hard work. Sometimes a well thought out timing makes a huge difference and could give a boost. 

 

 

Yes I also agree that good timeslot helps with the rating. I hope the best for this drama.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, missmaudy said:

 

World of the Married was on11pm timeslot. Most of the best rated cable drama were mostly in that timeslot.

 

Hope it will work for FOE in whatever timeslot. I can’t wait for July. 

 

Just like others said, there is more things to consider than only the hour it will air, but also which day of the week...

and I only mentioned a change in timeslot because in every dc post about the drama I read, at least one korean viewer would say "I wish tvn would change it to 9pm", "july is school exam month, please make it earlier", and such related comments... I'm not even talking about rating, but got pretty clear that time is a problem for a part of viewers.

  • Like 8
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont mind the timeslot,...because i believed flower of evil will love the viewer,..the time of 11 pm is a plus for me because this is the time of my leasure time,..no time to work and its time to enjoy watching no one can distruct you,:)...love it...they will recieved high rating iam sure because flower of evil is the most anticipated melodrama and the couple chemistry we really are waiting the best,...fighting for the success

 

 

     also i need their photoshoot in one cover...please make it happen also more guesting interview...we are getting closer for july

  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...