Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

FOE Poll 7: The ending  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the ending of Flower of Evil?

• Yes, the finale was a masterpiece and it gave the story closure
    • I liked parts of it, but wish we would have gotten more happy scenes in the end
    • No, I hated the amnesia

FOE is the Best Drama 2020 for me..I haven't watch IONTBO and PBG new drama because my focus on FOE..

I like everything in this drama..

Same with you @Lotuzea1, LJG is not my favorite actor..

In the beginning, I was also reluctant to watch FOE

But thank God that I take right decision..

For the ending, it is a very satisfying ending for me.. everything is wrap up nicely (maybe just missing one thing about DHS childhood story..the writer should give us clear explanation, maybe just with some dialogues will be enough)

I luvvv how DHS started to develop his love to CJW..and moreover who could resist from Eun Ha charm??
So this time, DHS will be the one that chasing her..after so many hardships that CJW had..it is soo true what Hae So said..when you experience soo much difficulties, it means that there will be a happy thing waiting for you..

I loove that finale episode is for wrapping all of the relation things..I can not imagine if we get the cliff scene in the middle 16 episode and they will finish this drama abruptly.. so the amnesia thing is okay for me..it is used for a reasonable and wonderful story ending:please:

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

It was a nice ending. In some way, it kind of reminded me of that movie, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," where even if your memory was somehow erased, you would still fall in love with the same person all over again.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Honestly I cried at Moo Jin's phone conversation with Hae Su. That scene showed me that even though they are now far away from each other, there is still hope for them to start anew. It was pretty nice that Hae Su is the one calling Moo Jin over the phone. 

Of course I feel sad that they did not get back together right away, but I was touched with Moo Jin's reaction when he spoke with Hae Su. I felt that he is able to love her more sincerely especially when Hae Su openly communicates with him, and also maybe he's receiving a lot of kindness from her as well.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, deandraluv said:

Side note:  I was wondering why LJG, out of the many scenes, posted the scene when he said, "I'll do it twice then, we'll have another wedding" on his IG story

When I saw this, I literally screaming that my sister hit me for being noisy, can't do anything though, that's makes me ship them and then I see LJG highlight, I start screaming again lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Wiggle 3

It hard to say goodbye to a masterpiece drama.This drama will remind in my heart.

1.Why Do Hyun Su get amnesia.I think the writer want DHS start his life from new born person.He can feel love, emphatic, sorry, etc.Now CJW his turning point his life.His new life start from CJW love and acceptance.totally their relationship is true love.Whatever happen in DHS life is clearly restart .Now he live as freely person (as CJW wish),has a good reputation and has a lovely family who love and accept just the way he is. I  so in love with this family.Many many saranghae.

2.CJW is strong woman.She can let go her happiness for the DHS happiness.She just want DHS set freely.Can find what he really need in his love.And in the end DHS find his home.CJW and Run Ha is his home

3..I crying like river when Eun Ha ask CJW is her parent divorce.Is such break my heart.Poor Eunha.At the end scene we get so touchy scene.What a warm family.Eunha Love her dad very much and DHS also love her daughter.Even he doesn't remember Eunha but he still remember Egg start.What a lovely daddy.

4.Kim Mo Jin is so funny.How he can say that Do Have Soo prison suit is nice.So funny. Kim Mo Jin really love Do Hyun Soo unconditionally.He can wait Do Hyun Soo until she comeback.

5. Do HAe Soo can feel freely.She really feel guilty to DHS.But now the world know that Do Hyun Su accidentally kill village foreman.She can feel release because she already paid her deeds. She can go to a new place she love.

6. Gong Mi Ja paid for her crime support his psycho son.

7.I feel pity for Baek Man Wo.He is bad person because his son and must pay to be crazy.He really love BHS. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

“Flower Of Evil” Actor Kim Ji Hoon Reveals Everything About His Drastic Transformation For The Role

Talk about dedication!

3FA1uVX3nDinVBglLOIfycCsUxgTpR0qoW5LhpyP

Actor Kim Ji Hoon, who actually became quite well-known among K-Pop fans for his uncanny resemblance to ASTRO‘s Cha Eunwoo

Spoiler

wLS8nhx4eQz7P5joTjVAihS42scP3mBOlTjhOkWC

… is currently reaching new heights with his acting in tvN‘s thriller K-Drama, Flower of Evil. As the main villain of the series, Kim Ji Hoon rocking that “creepy” vibe — with a lean, mean physique and long curly locks.

Spoiler

PluEvWicz8-krO6HJnFBSR1Uun5TDHIWV2xubNbE

Kim Ji Hoon began building this look since 2019. While at first it started off as shaping up for a photoshoot, it eventually led to creating the most suitable visual for the role of a serial killer.

In a string of posts on his Instagram, Kim Ji Hoon actually tracked his incredibly dedicated transformation. As early as January 2019, Kim Ji Hoon boasted a rather modern-chic visual.

Spoiler

PvjeCwReu_nBJWFQtXaZ1gYtoioO4PeuUWvv8ob1

Toward the end of 2019 though, Kim Ji Hoon had grown his hair out — taking on a slightly more rustic aura.

pRHXn_BWYmdmYotTAP8yxt8nE47X9PZ6PifqlSDe

Around March 2020, as he showed off his totally eye-candy pictorials, Kim Ji Hoon revealed that he had been on an intermittent fasting diet since February to shed off some extra pounds.

Spoiler

caQbvNkaADnGm4tm_Ua5GfyaPbET4G4yPMPuTtpjvN8QNoa0VH8b2wWg1gsGH_LmXHKZ3MzcY-zsqoncTZirkSxKP2MHHUcJ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Kim Ji Hoon in March 2020. | @jiraishin99/Instagram

"If you’re trying intermittent fasting for the first time, make sure to follow the 8:16 hour eating schedule. And make sure in those 8 hours you do eat, you eat all the calories and nutrients that you would need in a day. Otherwise, it’s going to be exhausting… This worked for me because I found it easier than trying to eat three meals a day."

— Kim Ji Hoon

Aiming for a “slim fit” figure, Kim Ji Hoon said he kept a relatively strict fasting and exercising schedule — even after the photoshoot. He even shared that he dropped in the total percentage body fat from 10.3% to 6.2% in three months!

Spoiler

MHJheXn6UWYxeLDl7p68Z3srdHzaIxlmvn2Np8Re

Throughout July 2020, with Flower of Evil well into production, Kim Ji Hoon managed to maintain the dark-and-mysteriously sexy vibe! Looking sharp and in-character, he shared that he “aims to stay looking this sophisticated” as it has been bringing in a lot of compliments.

Spoiler

Hk1iXsMYl51uovhFz3XLqC6c4eNah4kTNqf2VYlo

Since then, Kim Ji Hoon has been captivating the viewers with his unbelievably realistic portrayal of the character. K-Drama fans, who remain shook at this never-seen-before side of Kim Ji Hoon…

Spoiler

okeSAXm28taY8Suu1d7UYg7MyLB0O3GKG4dkBzqM6YBNDYWKvFXTvbbd-4ytwJyvJboseBpNRaViomh1ke5VelrgFobhIj-_uA=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

… can’t stop praising him for the sheer amount of dedication he has put into the role!

TAYbIGyTZLZLWzEGaM-rTH65zr8tEQw2HEgDZiYt

Check out Kim Ji Hoon in Flower of Evil here:

Spoiler

Source: Koreaboo

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Looks like Namoo Actors aren't ready to let Flower of Evil go either haha. They released a video they put together I think based off of Human Theater called Hyun Soo Theater haha. I wonder if that means they'll release a Ji Won version, too.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Sorry I have a question about ep 16.

When ji won visited hae soo in jail, hae soo said that after meeting ji won, she started having a belief that whatever suffering she had to go through, was to prepare herself to receive more (happiness) in the future. 

The next line of the dialogue is something I am curious about. From my understanding of Korean, I thought what she said was, "that's why for cha jiwon, I hope u suffer just a little more" 

But all the translations translated her dialogue as "even so, for chai ji won, I wish u would suffer a little less". 

Does anyone know if the translation "I hope u suffer less" is correct? 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

What a ride !

Me during ep 16

giphy.gif

The egg tart scene started it all.... :cry:

Honestly I felt a bit conflicted about the episode. I hated that the amnesia trope was used in this drama, even though I can see what the writer tried to achieve. I wish she had gone another route, but I am glad that we got sort of a happy ending. Do Hyun Su had a chance to start over and get to know himself without all the lies from his past. Poor Cha Ji Won and Eun Ha had to go through so much, though.

Still I wish that we had gotten an epilogue and more happy scenes in the end.

I trust though that Cha Ji Won and Do Hyun Su got their second wedding, and that the story came full circle.

A big thank you to all of you who voted in the FOE polls and to everyone who commented. I'll see you around!

:dorakiss:

And remember: if you have event and/or poll ideas, do not hesitate to reach out to me @partyon and @Lmangla - your resident Event Organizers :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Love 8

More finale tidbits

Hae Soo noona with her memorable quotes

2674051063bd81ba1cd887eaa8a54386c65e9fa1

The strongest siblings in the world. Now they dont have to wander through life alone.They have Moo Jin, Cha Ji Won and Eun Ha on their side

174b4d9e52411d9f7ca5617e16d0b60735032c8e

More Hyun Soo notes on Cha Jiwon. And he made himself believe he never felt love for her-_-. Boy was whipped from day one. Its good he kept notes now that he has to build new memories with her.

Photo credits: @fangirlshenanigans (twitter)

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Put up a poll about the ending anyway, chingus. Feel free to vote when you drop by.

:dorakiss:

So glad that Lee Jun Ki remembers us international k-drama fans too. Love how he writes his IG posts in English. :kiss_wink:

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

My last thoughts

Misdiagnosis can be fatal sometimes. Its is the responsibility of every physician to treat patients as to what they are suffering from. It can be mental, physical or emotional. These kind of mistakes can be avoided but when they happen, they prolong the patient's suffering and the suffering extends to loved ones as well as to the society.

Hyun Soo was misunderstood, misjudged, prejudiced against, stigmatized  and forced into a frame that doesnt fit his real self since childhood. His brokenness can not be fixed by simply saying "I am sorry" "I love you" or kisses. Therapy can only help to a certain extent.A month or year or even decades of therapy is not enough.Its a lifelong journey of learning and unlearning aloy of things.But now that he had gotten a second chance (clean criminal record, blank memory). He can now create new memories and hopefully only regain the good memories he shared with Ji Won & Eun Ha. He can also enjoy their love and love them back freely without second guessing himself.

Last beautiful fanmade videos from youtube

I know award ceremonies involve a lot of politics and there are alot of factors that are taken to recognise and award the artists and film and drama productions. But I sincerely hope this drama wont be shafted aside even just nomination would be wonderful. For me personally as far as the actresses go, in the remaining award ceremonies that have yet to take place this year. I would easily put MCW in the top five. Her contenders being Kim Hee Ae of World of the Married, Seo Ye Ji of IONTBO,  Lee Min Jung of Once Again(because of ratings) and Son Ye Jin of Crash Landing on You(because of ratings. And if they award dramas from last year (Gong Hyo Jin from When the Camellia Blooms). For actors, LJK has tougher competition, there are just so many. If he lost out, the main reason again would be ratings not acting.His acting has been stellar. Although he has won "best actor award" for "Two Weeks" and "Joseon Gunman" at APAN awards and Seoul International Awards even though the ratings were just so-so. So you never know. 

Anyway, its been a thrilling emotional ride and it was great hanging with you all. Bye bye 

tenor.gif

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

I LOVED the ending. This is one of the dramas that will stay with me for a long time. Not only because I admire LJKs acting. 
I know some are not satisfy with the story but as I watched the final episode, I realized that the whole story was about DHS finding his true self. He’s childhood got robbed  by his father. His teenage years got robbed by the town foreman and his adulthood got robbed by BHS and his parents. In away his whole identity was stolen. Throughout the show he repeats that he “needs Cha Jiwon” .  After his s sister  she’s his anchor.  However  I’m glad that the turning-point was once he saw his daughter at the end. Anything else could be an act but not the love between a parent and a child. 
Moojin looking after DHS as he should have done years ago was also a nice touch. I could write so much positive things about this project. The writer made use of every scene I hand thought to be unnecessary.  From Cha Jiwon liking the rain to zooming in on their wedding bands…. And the egg tarts… all of it had a purpose and was significant to the story. Not many productions have this kind of details that carry on the main character until the end.   

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

photo1230195.jpg

Phew..that was a roller coaster ride.  This drama had everything; mystery, angst, bromance, heartbreaking moments and of course, romance.  I love how the romance was woven into a gruesome story about a serial killer.  The juxtaposition of Hee Sung/Hyun Soo romancing his wife Ji Won while he had a prisoner in his basement was brilliantly done.

I would have preferred another episode to give closure to the story of Hyun Soo and Ji Won.  The ending was understandble because Hyun Soo suffered physical and emotional abuse throughout his life and it's not easy for him to erase those bad memories overnight.  It would require a lot of psychiatric help and love of Ji Won to make him whole again.  A three-year timelapse in the future when the viewers are treated to Hyun Soo and Ji Won basking in their happily ever after life, and maybe another baby.....that would be bliss.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
On 9/25/2020 at 8:49 AM, Lotuzea1 said:

Feeling sooo empty now I havent been able to move on from FOE. Needing some strength to move on Lol FOE is definitely the best drama in 2020!!!!

Me too.. I got some strenght from Junki oppa IG and rewatch his acttractive side in knowing brothers. I cant even remember his age, he looks so young.:dorashakes:

Well his IG post quite bother me haha why he had a lot of Eunha eomma pictures together? hahaha it seems odd. He really enjoys foe fame? Or he really enjoys his time with MCW? Lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

EVENT : Re-watch Party with the theme Revenge

Chingus, by popular demand we are bringing you a second season of re-watch parties. This time the theme is revenge! Yes, you heard it!

BPcT8.gif

The dramas chosen for this season are:

• Money Flower (2017)
  • Secret (Love) (2013)
  • The Innocent Man (2012)  WITH MOON CHAE WON :kiss_wink:

For more information visit the event thread

re: @Lmangla

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1