[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

Admin

On 9/24/2020 at 7:08 AM, realistic2280a said:

Yep, as predicted amnesia...sigh... whyyy.....

14 years of relationship and still going strong. we had hope that the amnesia arch didnt happened... but it did. I guess i should be happy that Eun Ha was in the ending scene...

Someone wrote that it was at the right pace for ep16, for me, i would wish it to be more, faster paced so we can see what happened to them after a year of reconcilation? HS did have the images of his past 14 years life, eg it was so adorable when he hold the baby girl... im sure he should know/learn of his old self within one year and grow to love his small family completely.

Overall nice.. and LJK is still overly thin...:D

I started watching this drama because it had so much positive reviews. I love crime dramas and haven't watched one for a long time.

I didn't look at any spoilers but I wish I had known that this amnesia trope was going to be there because it really crushed my expectations. I felt so deflated.

I don't feel that it gives Do Hyun So a fresh start for healing ( saw a lot of comments in various articles) .

I feel it is the opposite. He had worked so hard for 15 years for his family. He finally learned to love. He finally understood that his wife will stick with him no matter what. She believes in him, loves him even after knowing the truth.  And that guy couldn't catch a break in life ? He had to forget everything and start again? I think it is the worst thing to happen. 

A lot of dramas does this. I can think of many dramas where the leads go thru a traumatic experience and we crave for an emotional, soul-quenching reunion but we are given some anti-climatic scene. This kills our emotions,  disconnects us emotionally due to frustration. Even though they get together later on, our hearts just don't feel the same high. Don't know why writers do that.

One of my fav scenes in this drama was when Do Hyun So makes a deal with taxi driver. I really wanted to see a prison scene with the Taxi driver and his wife ( who was miraculously alive). Also wanted to see the meal with all the 4 leads ... Sigh

• Blob 2

58 minutes ago, Sunset said:

I didn't look at any spoilers but I wish I had known that this amnesia trope was going to be there because it really crushed my expectations. I felt so deflated.

Yes chingu. This drama was good until the amnesia happened. :criesariver:

In the second half of this drama, the writer started incorporating things that didn't feel realistic anymore. Like a coma patient having the ability to walk almost immediately after waking up - without any kind of physical therapy. Because, you know, there isn't any muscle wasting on coma patients ever. :unamused:

I could have still overlooked that, but the ending made me want to throw my laptop out of the window in rage. :rage:

Sure, I can understand that almost losing your family is traumatizing - even to the point that you get memory loss. But at no point in time did they show him getting therapy for his PTSD, trying to treat it.

If they felt they must do amnesia, I would have much more preferred a time jump and him showing having regained his memories. Because this just didn't work for me.

Also, I felt like they underutilized MCW's character and giving her an intriguing backstory would have worked a lot better.

• Like 1

Quick Poll: Participating in the Winter Olympics (Beijing - 2022)

•  

Dear Chingus, we are back with an exciting Quick Poll!:wow1:

Many of our favourite dramas will be on a hiatus. While we wait for our dramas to air, let us experience the thrill of Winter Olympics. Do participate in the poll and let us know about your favourite events that never fail to give you the adrenalin rush. :highonflowers:

re: @partyon @Sleepy Owl @agenth @confusedheart

On 1/30/2022 at 8:30 AM, realistic2280a said:

@Sunset.... welcome to the show... :lol: it was over 15months ago when i made the comment, i forgot tiny pieces of information drama now... but yes, i remember we wished for more for the ending episode... it was doing so well the first 15 episodes... sigh...  :lol:

2020 was not a year to watch serial killer stuff. I was already bonkers.

• LOL 1

• 10 months later...