[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

Wow. It’s been about 20 minutes since I finished episode 15 and my heart’s still beating fast. I was clenching my hands tightly the whole time and was very worried about the outcome.

I feel relieved DHS didn’t kill BHS but I do think DHS would kill him if CJW didn’t show up. I was a little disappointed by this part. I was hoping he would drop the knife before CJW arrived (then he would’ve showed BHS he was better than him)... DHS dropping the weapon just after seeing CJW alive wasn’t really that satisfying. DHS letting BHS live even when he thought CJW was dead would be much more gratifying. 

I’m praying the final episode will have a worthwhile ending for the drama. I’d hate to see such a strong drama going downhill with its final episode. 

• Like 6

CJW: We had our happy moments and heart breaking moments. But every single moment with you is a beautiful memory to me.

A beautiful fanmade video

CJW: You struggled so hard and did your best. Thank you so much. Now, it's time for you to rest.

50b6fef1b89041be7fef51bc88f91fb4bac75604

dc6668e6bceae2031054db37e1425ed23f307757

Gif Credit: flowerofevil

• Like 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, violina said:

CJW: We had our happy moments and heart breaking moments. But every single moment with you is a beautiful memory to me.

We share the same happy and heartbreaking moments - FOE has been an incredible ride , and really hoping for a happy ending next week

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Article Translation

Lee Joongi x Moon Chaewon’s ‘Flower of Evil’ sets a ratings record with only finale left

f05bcdd424936fb19c5deb1094b9b38204cdf071

With only the finale left, ‘Flower of Evil’ set a ratings record for the series.

Episode 15 (September 17) averaged 5.5% and peaked at 6.2% in Seoul, while averaging 5.1% and peaking at 6.0% nationwide, setting a ratings record for the series. Among tvN’s target audience, aged between 20 and 49, the episode averaged 2.5% and peaked at 2.9% in Seoul while averaging 2.8% and peaking at 3.4% nationwide. (Based on paid platforms including cable, IPTV, and satellite; source: Nielsen Korea)

The episode saw Do Hyunsoo (Lee Joongi), through his deal with Yeom Sangchul (Kim Kimoo), finding the last survivor Jung Misook (Han Sooyeon) who will confirm the identity of Baek Heeseong (Kim Jihun). Baek Heeseong falls into the trap set by Hyunsoo, seemingly bringing the case to a close. But when Hyunsoo finds Jiwon’s (Moon Chaewon) blood-stained badge and hears Heeseong talk about his daughter to taunt him, Hyunsoo loses his mind. This is the beginning of the misunderstanding that Baek Heeseong created with malice.

Confirming that Jiwon is dead, Hyunsoo breaks down into painful sobs in this most heart-wrenching moment – leaving viewers in tears.

With the emptiness in his eyes as he once had in the past, Hyunsoo picks up a knife and expresses his intention to kill Baek Heeseong. Jung Misook holds onto Hyunsoo trying to stop him from making the wrong choice and Heeseong tries to run away. But already injured, he cannot get away from Hyunsoo.

Meanwhile, on becoming aware the killer who harmed Haesoo is Baek Heeseong, Moojin (Seo Hyunwoo) explodes in range at Manwoo (Son Jonghak) and Mija (Nam Keeae) who pretended they didn’t know about their son’s true nature. When talking about his past when he found a sack in Do Minseok’s basement and believed it was a deer inside, instead of a human being, he seems to talk about himself who looked the other way in fear, instead of facing the truth.

After figuring out the truth of the case, Jiwon and the police set out to carry out their plan while Hyunsoo and Heeseong reach the edge of a cliff. It is the last stage where they are about to end their ill-fated encounter. Exhibiting a murderous urge yet consumed by sadness and pain, Hyunsoo holds up the knife trying to kill Heeseong, but is stopped in his tracks by Jiwon’s voice.

But haunted once again by the ghost of his dead father, Do Hyunsoo can’t tell if she is real or an illusion created by him. Seeing him suffer, Jiwon clutches her chest trying to convince him. Still confused, Hyunsoo slowly takes steps towards her, leaving viewers feel nervous and anxious.

Just then, Heeseong takes the gun from the police officer who’s come to put him under control. Seeing the gun pointed at Jiwon, Hyunsoo throws himself to protect her, and another officer also fires at Heeseong as the latter pulls the trigger. Following the two gunshots, Haesoo finally opens her eyes, and Hyunsoo closes his eyes with blood on his head.

With the final scene of Hyunsoo on the cliff, the camera cuts to a pure, white space that looks like Hyunsoo’s subconscious as if this is finally time for him to rest. When Jiwon says warmly, “Now, get some good rest,” Hyunsoo falls asleep, with a happy smile on his face.

Original Source: Naver

Translation: allaboutjoongi 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

The end of episode 15 had me pretty much flopping around like a fish out of water! I kept saying no, no, I don't believe it, if he dies I'm going to throw a fit, I don't want this soft pretty heaven scene, I don't want him to "rest," I want him alive with his family :tears: I love gripping, emotional, intense dramas, but they do have to end happily after all the heartbreak! He deserves to move forward, and properly work through the trauma and guilt and damage now that he's accepted he's not the unfeeling monster he'd internalized himself to be. He deserves a gentle ending.   

Also, not to be gross, but every time BHS runs his hand through his hair or puts it up I momentarily go blank and forget he's the horrible creepy villain... what can I say, he's an attractive man and I'm weak for long hair on a guy. Sorry for having eyes! :lol:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
On 9/17/2020 at 10:17 PM, jeonghyang said:

- THE END -

Seriously Jiwonie be like: Come to mama, good boy please come to mama. 

It was hilarious! ♡

5 hours ago, kehrite said:

Also, not to be gross, but every time BHS runs his hand through his hair or puts it up I momentarily go blank and forget he's the horrible creepy villain... what can I say, he's an attractive man and I'm weak for long hair on a guy. Sorry for having eyes! :lol:

Me too.. Why they gave us such a goodlooking villain. I always have a crush with handsome villain hahaa.. am i being weird? haha I cannot escape from adoring villain aura even in Voice and Psychopath Diary. I'm crazy in love with Kim Jae Wook and Park Sung Hoon portrayal. :rolleyes:

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Lotuzea1 said:

I actually wished there is no preview of ep 16... if only they stop it there on the all white scene, the viewers emotion will be deepended 

but as always FOE never disappoints, praying for a happy ending!! 

Yes.. I agree with you. They should release the preview next week :)

At first, I did not want any spoiler so I did not watch the preview of 16 ep. But I couldn't. The temptation to know Do Hyun Soo' s fate is very big..
Base on the pace of the previous episodes, I  have confidence that the writer and director will give us a satisfying ending and wrap all the stories. They should give us group dinner with aunty Hae Soo and soon to be aunt Kim Moo Jin :)

• Like 6

Poor Egg Tart:tears:.I cannot even begin to imagine how scared she was with the whole ordeal. It must have been a horrifying experience for her. Hearing her "teacher" (Hae Soo) groaning in pain from the stab wound outside but couldn't do anything because Teacher said not to open the door. No mummy and daddy around. Then hearing strange voices from the police outside but still cant open the door because teacher said open the door only for your mother

0d755bf52aff9c256c940a6ac553f9555885abfe

ac5aeccc3e87c12e4de60660d4fd51c84e52b2ac

353da655d933511b96048398a1e19b66877a3e53

gif credit: winar

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Jillia said:

@violina

I might end up missing uri Egg Tart the most. :D

I don't blame you. She is such a cute bean:). They have wrapped up filming for episode 16. She was crying while saying goodbye. Poor baby was immersed in her role and got attached to the actors:D. She remeinds of Kim Yoo Jung and Kim So Hyun when they were little. She has a great acting future ahead. Fingers crossed, she will get back to back projects after this.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

Egg Tart Eunha is so cute. She wants to keep filming :wub::lol: Seems like she really liked all the actors and staff there. There are times when I feel like the child actors are annoying but Eunha is so adorable and also a smart kid. She waited until her mother came and didn't came outside when she felt there was no one outside. Something children and even adults do sometimes. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Avocado80 said:
5 hours ago, Lotuzea1 said:

I actually wished there is no preview of ep 16... if only they stop it there on the all white scene, the viewers emotion will be deepended 

but as always FOE never disappoints, praying for a happy ending!! 

Yes.. I agree with you. They should release the preview next week :)

At first, I did not want any spoiler so I did not watch the preview of 16 ep. But I couldn't. The temptation to know Do Hyun Soo' s fate is very big..

I think it was a business decision by the drama producers. Remember dramas are art and entertainment but they also have to make their money. It would have made a strong emotional punch to end episode 15 at the white scene and even much stronger if they ended it at when DHS was shot and then begin the white scene at the beginning of episode 16. But they would have lost viewers who thought DHS is dead and then episode 16 is just to tie any loose ends. But knowing DHS is alive means viewers can stay to really see the ending.  

I remember that numb feeling I had with "King 2 Hearts" (starring Ha Jiwon and Lee Seunggi).The second to the last episode, they shot one of the drama's most favorite characters(Eun Shin Kyung palyed by Jo Jung Suk) and he died. No preview of the finale. When watching the finale even though it had a happy ending. I couldn't enjoy it fully. I think that's what this drama tried to avoid.

5 hours ago, holyfea said:
9 hours ago, kehrite said:

Me too.. Why they gave us such a goodlooking villain. I always have a crush with handsome villain hahaa.. am i being weird? haha I cannot escape from adoring villain aura even in Voice and Psychopath Diary. I'm crazy in love with Kim Jae Wook and Park Sung Hoon portrayal. :rolleyes:

Talking about BHS, he is still tormenting DHS even in the afterlife:D. Ji Hoon posted this in his instagram story. He is joking about Joon Gi's scene at the cliff. Where he was crying about seeing dead people:D

It sounds like JG is saying "I see dead people MARIA"

a97b640d6f1c32efc1c614d3db1a73579798fbaf

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
19 minutes ago, violina said:

Talking about BHS, he is still tormenting DHS even in the afterlife:D. Ji Hoon posted this in his instagram story. He is joking about Joon Gi's scene at the cliff. Where he was crying about seeing dead people:D

It sounds like JG is saying "I see dead people MARIA"

They are too funny for real.. because of the suffix sound like MARIA i was confused before but after realize i just cant stop laughing :Megalol:

I saw BTS from the forest runaway. It also hilarous seeing BHS do push up after Hyun Soo stab him. Lol.

They are too cute for sure.

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

O.MI.GOD. First off, I want to applause LJG, MCW, and all the cast and crew for this wonderful drama again and a congratulations for breaking the 5% rating for a Weds-Thurs drama. clap.gif 

How I missed Soompi. I've been held back by work and been so busy these past few weeks that I couldn't watch the episodes and come here to discuss with you guys. I MISS YOU ALL ~ I hope you have been well 60.gif 

It was not the best decision for me to watch all the eps at one sitting because I've been bawling my eyes for how many hours now. And I might have a puffy eyes after this ^_^. Ahhh, my head hurts after that Ep. 15...

Man, what can I say, this drama just doesn't disappoint. I just love everything about it. One of the highlights for me would probably be Jung Mi Sook trying to prevent Hyun Su from doing something he'll regret.

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif 

Even though the other person is someone who ruined her life and all, but she's willing to let him go to save a good soul. It takes such a great and big heart for someone to do that. When she told Ji Won that if Hyun Su end up killing him, they won't hold him accountable, I was about to agree as well. But then I was like Ji Won, you can never justify killing... a murder is a murder.

I guess one thing this drama portrays, at least for me, is the question, is evil a product of your environment?.... or is it actually innate? And don't you ever try to mess with the good ones, because, who knows, they might end up even worse than one might think. 

Kim Ji Hoon is so good at being a villain in here. I only remember him from Flower Boy Next Door having that innocent unrequited love for Park Shin Hye's character... LOL... 

Lastly, please, I just wanna see Hyun Su, Ji Won, Eun Ha, Hae Su, Moo Jin happy. We've never even seen them smiling after Ji Won found out Hyun Su's identity. It's been an endless crying and roller coaster of emotions so I just want the best for them. Man, if I could give the whole world to them, I would. They deserve it. I still can't believe this is ending next week yociexp20.gif. I still vividly remember when I was so excited about the casting of this drama and the second pair up of LJG and MCW. Time has gone by so fast. But I'm glad I was able to come back here before that finale :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃