Quantcast

[Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃

12 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Thank you so much for the translations, @thesuitelife547! :D

Almost in every k-drama... now in Flower of Evil as well. :lol:

I dont think he will have amnesia though.This man has nine lives.He has had about 4 or more near death experiences in the story and he didnt die. He will be alright.

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling all BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS   @0ly40 @0313_v @40somethingahjumma @abovewaIIs @Admiral @africandramalover @agnesselvira @ainipang @aisling @alekaonu @Alice Wonderland @Ameera Ali @androssi 

- It's D-DAY       Calling all Pretty FLOWERS       EPISODE 01                  

If only the TIME didn't stopped... The kissing session will consume for 30 minutes.       The slow-burn sweet kisses  were so HOT and sexy.           

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, violina said:

I dont think he will have amnesia though.This man has nine lives.He has had about 4 or more near death experiences in the story and he didnt die. He will be alright.

What irony it would be though if Baek Hee Sung ends up not only killing Do Min Seok but his son as well... I don't think it's the case but how outrageous would that be?

:nomeme:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

How about Jung Mi Suk? Hope she will have a scene meeting her husband. They need happy ending too. They were caught on this mess because of BHS. Her husband need to know and apologized for the wrong his done to DHS. JMS seems like a good person. I really like the actress who plays as JMS. She was good too. 

The ending will they have a roof party again, this with CJW's colleagues as well their family and friends? That will be awesome! Nite

• Like 11
15 minutes ago, Jillia said:

What irony it would be though if Baek Hee Sung ends up not only killing Do Min Seok but his son as well... I don't think it's the case but how outrageous would that be?

It would.I mean its already bad that both Do siblings are in hospital because of him.What more if they both die like their father. Thats too sad and for what really? Their bad fate was being born to a serial killer.They are not evil people. They dont deserve any of these bad things happening to them. CJW, Eun Ha all are victims.

3 minutes ago, an-naum said:

How about Jung Mi Suk? Hope she will have a scene meeting her husband. They need happy ending too. They were caught on this mess because of BHS. Her husband need to know and apologized for the wrong his done to DHS. JMS seems like a good person. I really like the actress who plays as JMS. She was good too. 

The ending will they have a roof party again, this with CJW's colleagues as well their family and friends? That will be awesome! Nite

Ah that would really really nice. CJW pregnant with a second Do:D and eating Bossam (Boiled Pork Wraps).It was her favourite when she was preggo with Eun Ha.

• Like 13

DHS will not die, next episode preview is in a courtroom plus he promised Cha Ji Won, he will be back during the hotel room handcuff. And how can he not? Eun Ha needs her Appa!! No worries!!

As long as BHS is dead, I'm happy! I really don't want him to escape prison and continue killing. Is he really dead? Or is it like a twist in the ending that he's alive? 

Re: wriggling human in the sack that Moo Jin videotaped, wow I was wrong again, my guess was DHS when he was younger.

Also our guess ladies about the mole in detective team! I'm so bummed about that lol :bunnywar:

I wonder what happened to the old Baek couple? There goes their reputation!

Oppa JG, looking so fierce and hot when he got pissed off and chased BHS! My poor heart *drool :sweet::gangnamstyle:

I was also hoping to see the scene where village foreman was killed and also I wanted to see more of the past of the horrors that BHS and Do Min Seok did. DMS is such a creepy character on another level.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts and theories in this forum. I really had a blast brainstorming with all of you. This drama is so interesting and awesome!! I know there are some flaws but overall wow!! It really made my mind flew! And can I just say, all the actors and actresses did such an amazing job! FOE wouldn't be this great if it's a different cast! They were all great! :hooray2:i wish they coulda extended to 20 episodes but it's all good. Have a good weekend everyone! See you next week on the last episode. :allgoodlol:

• Like 11
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

My thoughts are still all over the place but I would just like to take a moment to applaud the insane camera work in this episode, especially with the scene where dms catches up to dhs from behind and leads his way in the forest. It is so rare that the camera captures the moment where  movement and emotion are so perfectly synchronized. 

Also I am bracing my self for all the incoming posts about all the plot holes and "lazy" writing of the episode. I am afraid I will have to agree with them, so many makjang moments, but then again, u really got to give the writer credit for such detailed characterization. I know the situation is super far fetched but I still feel so much for the characters. The writer has been meticulous is capturing hyun soo's relationship with trusting others and himself and this is echoed heartbreakingly again and again in his dialogue. Even minor characters like detective I'm has a redemption arch. U can tell so much love has gone into writing these characters from scratch. This is seriously one of the best, if not the best Korean dramas I have seen, and not even amnesia and makjang moments can take that away. 

• Like 9

I did a rough translation of the part when CJW makes it to the cliff with the other police officers which begins at around 14:15. It isn't the full clip in the highlight, but I did the full scene from the show because I just thought that it's probably one of the best scenes of the entire show.

Spoiler

(DHS is about to kill BHS with the knife raised in the air)

CJW: Honey! 

(DHS freezes as the police run to the scene)

CJW: Honey

(DHS looks over at CJW)

CJW: Throw away the knife and come over here. Leave it to the police

DHS: Huh? Huh? You...are you really CJW?

CJW: What's that supposed to mean?

(DHS sees his father)

CJS: It looks like DHS is acting a little strange right now

CJW's boss: Detective Cha, please retreat

CJW: Honey, what are you doing? I told you to throw the knife and come over here!

DHS: You...they said that you died

CJW: No, that was a set-up. I'm right here and alive

(DHS cries and looks to his father's image. CJW begins to take a couple of steps forward)

CJS: CJW!

(Their boss stops him)

CJS: Come back over here!

CJW's boss: Detective Kim (rookie), our utmost importance is Detective Cha's safety. In the worst case scenario, please shoot

Rookie: I got it

(CJW gets closer but DHS still has his knife raised)

CJW: It's all over. You only need to come over here

(DHS shakes his head, shakes, and cries)

DHS: I... I... I'm saying that I see a dead person

(DHS cries and CJW begins to cry)

DHS: I can't believe what's right in front of me

CJW: You can just come over here and hug me. Come here! Come here and hug me!

(BHS begins to laugh but DHS looks at CJW, lowers his knife, and slowly stands)

CJW's boss: Everyone, still be on guard

(CJW opens her arms and DHS looks at the knife in his hands before throwing it to the side and slowly walks over to CJW)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4
37 minutes ago, kara_mella said:

So sad that next week is going to be the last one...

I am not ready to say goodbye:(

urabHWW.gif

45 minutes ago, bombshellchick1 said:

I wonder what happened to the old Baek couple? There goes their reputation!

They should be charged with aiding and abetting BHS in committing murder and locked up for that.What are the laws in Korea on this? What if they were young enough to produce another child or even adopt one, what is the guarantee that they will not cover up more crimes if necessary?They are awful parents.Losing their good reputation is big punishment to them but its not enough.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I wonder of BHS's parents just put in him a medically induced coma and I wonder if they did it because they knew that, if they ever decided to wake him up, that he wouldn't be able to be charged for any of the crimes he committed. But that doesn't really explain why GMJ thought taking off the ventilator would kill him. 

32 minutes ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

My thoughts are still all over the place but I would just like to take a moment to applaud the insane camera work in this episode, especially with the scene where dms catches up to dhs from behind and leads his way in the forest. It is so rare that the camera captures the moment where  movement and emotion are so perfectly synchronized. 

I just love the forest sequence entirely. I thought it was interesting how, once DHS begins following DMS, that the coloring of the scene changes as well. To me, it was like DHS embraced DMS at that moment and that's why he was able to follow and know where BHS was going with ease. I think by that point he might've embraced the psychopath side within him.

34 minutes ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

Also I am bracing my self for all the incoming posts about all the plot holes and "lazy" writing of the episode.

The one thing that sticks out for me is, how long does it take to get to DMS's house because before, when KMJ and DHS were going to get the picture, I thought it took them like hours to get there, because it turned night, but in this episode, the police show up relatively quickly? If they didn't, then how long was BHS going around bleeding from his arm and leg for? 

I know in the grand scheme of things these little things don't matter, but I just find it funny to think about sometimes, for any kind of show.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
5 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

Also I am bracing my self for all the incoming posts about all the plot holes and "lazy" writing of the episode. I am afraid I will have to agree with them, so many makjang moments, but then again, u really got to give the writer credit for such detailed characterization.

I have some things that bug me like I mentioned in my previous post, but they aren't enough to sour the drama for me. Sure, the writer could have made a few things a bit cleaner but, overall, the character and relationship growth between Hyun Su and Ji Won was incredibly captivating and worth watching.

5 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

The writer has been meticulous is capturing hyun soo's relationship with trusting others and himself and this is echoed heartbreakingly again and again in his dialogue. Even minor characters like detective I'm has a redemption arch. U can tell so much love has gone into writing these characters from scratch. This is seriously one of the best, if not the best Korean dramas I have seen, and not even amnesia and makjang moments can take that away. 

Totally agree. It's one of the best of the genre I have watched primarily because the writer flipped the script on Hyun Su's character so well. 

It's a show about a serial killer after all, we knew we were in for some makjang moments so I can forgive those and appreciate the drama for what it was - a character study.

My predictions for 16:

• Hyun Su will live & go to trial for the foreman murder
  • Hae Su will be in a coma until the last minute and then wake up and provide testimony that she killed the foreman in self defense
  • Moo Jin and Hae Su might rekindle a relationship - but may remain as friends
  • Baek Parents go to jail.
  • Hee Sung  - not sure. He might get killed off but he might stand trial.

• Like 8

I feel like episode 16 will answer all our question.  It will tie all the loose ends. Before i questioned what happened in the cellars with Kim moo jin in the basement and episode 15 answered that question

i think and hope all these question will be answered in last

1. does Hyun su have some disease. I feel like he might have tumor or something like that in his head. The way his head hurt crazy at times and he feels like having heart attack. The fact that his head was bleeding might mean his “ disease” will be found and cured. 
2.  What happened with the village foreman and Do hae so in the basement? I think we will know what made Hae so take extreme case of murdering someone? I might think she could have been sexually assaulted. 
3. Do Hae so is sure of Do hyun su never being able to kill someone. This is not sibling love but rather a firm confirmation that she has evidence of Hyun so incapability of Harm. Maybe Do min seok , the father had wanted Hyun so learn killing at the tender age but hyun so was unable to kill making father angry. Maybe hae so has seen her brother being scolded by her father. Maybe Hyun so get all tensed up and have panic attack whenever he was told to do murderous activities. 

that all my evalution

• Like 9

VHMZHqfoYM77awJBkL3XGllOyoR9VM4DfiXAeoN-

Ratings went up again for this episode. I wonder if them being off an episode will have any impact on the ratings for the final episode. 

8 minutes ago, Enimsa88 said:

3. Do Hae so is sure of Do hyun su never being able to kill someone. This is not sibling love but rather a firm confirmation that she has evidence of Hyun so incapability of Harm. Maybe Do min seok , the father had wanted Hyun so learn killing at the tender age but hyun so was unable to kill making father angry. Maybe hae so has seen her brother being scolded by her father. Maybe Hyun so get all tensed up and have panic attack whenever he was told to do murderous activities. 

that all my evalution

In the latest episode, 15, there was a scene from the past of DMS and BHS talking where DMS called DHS a failure since he couldn't, presumably, kill anything. He did comment that his training went to waste with DHS so it is a possibility that maybe Hae Soo saw or got a vibe for the "training" or maybe she just thought it might've been strange things that DMS had DHS do, or told him to do.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

Maybe the gunshot wound in DHS head will restore his childhood memories of 10 years old and below :idk:And the part where, Jung Mi Sook held DHS back and yelled for BHS to run lol  I was thinking, after BHS abducted and almost killed Jung Mi Sook in the past, shouldn't she at least let DHS unleash his fury? Lol :hwaiting:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I think it's nice seeing them be able to goof off with one another in the BTS scenes and while I was watching the episode, I was thinking that the cliff was probably kinda scary to film at, especially when they're so close to the edge. Even if it's not as far down as they showed in the drama, from what's seen in the BTS, it still looks pretty big and far down. Even when Lee Joon Gi was on top of Kim Ji Hoon, he had a wire attached to him, I guess in case something did happen.

But watching all of these makings of the action scenes, you really come to understand what both sides have to do to make it look realistic. 

• Like 12

Yay! So happy to see the ratings! :D I wonder though as well if they will be able to maintain those ratings for the last episode? But I think the ratings so far have been steady, so no need to worry and for the late timeslot it's very decent.

:wow1:

• Like 11
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2020] The Flower of Evil, 악의 꽃